• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Nose Master

For me it was catching 6 fish in one sitting. Reportedly, Rain helps frequency of it showing up (earlier), but you don't exactly need it. The 6th fish on a normal day occurrence isn't 100% though, it took me about 2 reloads to have them show afterwards.

Does he look dope in third eye or just like everything else

Bleh. Found him but got scooped.

Boogiepop

Real quick, but assuming there's a bad/secret ending difference in this game like in 4, is it obvious and/or would I be likely to screw it up? Just playing through and trying to avoid spoiling myself on anything, but this is the one thing that's bugging me in the back of my mind.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Question about the fishing trophy:
What does his silhouette look like, every other big fish? The guide I'm reading says you have to read the two fishing books and fish with the top-tier bait six times. I've done that, and I'm just getting the same old shit. Do you have to hang around and wait for a unique silhouette to spawn or?

Unless it's a rainy day, it generally won't show up until the 6th or 7th cast.
It'll be noticeably larger and thin and a golden silhouette when viewing the pond with L1

Real quick, but assuming there's a bad/secret ending difference in this game like in 4, is it obvious and/or would I be likely to screw it up? Just playing through and trying to avoid spoiling myself on anything, but this is the one thing that's bugging me in the back of my mind.

Very easy to get the true ending. There are two checks, one of which is both obvious and prompts you to save first anyway, and the other which is even more obvious.

Veitsev

There is only one good ending that leads to the true end. It does not require anything like 4.

There are multiple different bad endings if you don't finish a palace by the deadline.

There are two more opportunities for a bad ending that depend on dialogue choices. If you choose the "wrong" one the game will ask you "are you really sure?" before letting you choose it again.

Boogiepop

Very easy to get the true ending. There are two checks, one of which is both obvious and prompts you to save first anyway, and the other which is even more obvious.

There is only one good ending that leads to the true end. It does not require anything like 4.

There are multiple different bad endings if you don't finish a palace by the deadline.

There are two more opportunities for a bad ending that depend on dialogue choices. If you choose the "wrong" one the game will ask you "are you really sure?" before letting you choose it again.
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll just keep on rolling as is, then.

She's already
a prostitute. Which is why the first time you meet her, she tells you that some of her "services" will have to wait till you are older. And then the parents make it clear. She's a sex worker. Her "new" job prospect is essentially to get pounded 24/7 instead of the more relatively "classy" meido shit.
Haha.
I just wanted someone to explicitly state what her services provide. I just find it funny that I'm playing a game where a teacher also works as a sex worker.

ChrisD

How about Guts? It's my only Level 4 stat now, everything else is maxed.

I'm not sure it will help me with anything, so I've put off filling it in

jwhit28

It's been 50 hours and I'm still happy to hear Last Surprise. That's pretty impressive for a random battle theme with lyrics.

How about Guts? It's my only Level 4 stat now, everything else is maxed.

I'm not sure it will help me with anything, so I've put off filling it in

The following slinks need max social stats for each category

Guts:
Iwai
Kidness:
Sojiro
Proficiency:
Haru
Charm:
Makoto
Knowledge:
Hifumi

TheFatMan

So I just started Palace 5 and I have a question......very minor character name spoilers, I'll tag it just in case but I wouldn't call it a spoiler...

What the hell is the point of Futaba in the party? NAVI? What does she do exactly. Is it just to provide those little regen perks she has?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So I just started Palace 5 and I have a question......very minor character name spoilers, I'll tag it just in case but I wouldn't call it a spoiler...

What the hell is the point of Futaba in the party? NAVI? What does she do exactly. Is it just to provide those little regen perks she has?

Basically.

And to be the best.

Mupod

she gets lots of other abilities. Some of which are absurdly good.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Wait am I crazy or unlike P4 is every confidant available every day of the week at some point during the day?

Unless I am miss remembering in P4 some people were only available certain days of the week.

But in P5 it feels like everyone is available whenever I want to talk to them.

Zafir

That and a few other benefits that can help navigation in Mementos.
Wait am I crazy or unlike P4 is every confidant available every day of the week at some point during the day?

Unless I am miss remembering in P4 some people were only available certain days of the week.

People definitely aren't available every day. Well besides maybe a few exceptions.

Toki767

They most definitely are not available every day.

One of the issues I'm having with the game at the moment is that I wish it handled the relationship stuff in relation to the story stuff better. Like I get it's a lot to change probably, but there's a real weird dissonance when probably a half a month total worth of plot is devoted to "man, if only we had girlfriends, right?"

Just seems like it could be handled better in the dialogue.

Mailbox

One of the issues I'm having with the game at the moment is that I wish it handled the relationship stuff in relation to the story stuff better. Like I get it's a lot to change probably, but there's a real weird dissonance when probably a half a month total worth of plot is devoted to "man, if only we had girlfriends, right?"

Just seems like it could be handled better in the dialogue.

in those moments I just assume my character is keeping his mouth shut (considering who you can romance, i wouldn't blame him for wanting to keep hush hush)

My view also makes sense wrt one scene with ann
If you walk with her in Hawaii while in a relationship, she talks about how it sucks that they can't find time to be with each other and be all relationship-ey because everyone else is around
so I just always assumed. (its also more fun that way imo :p )

in those moments I just assume my character is keeping his mouth shut (considering who you can romance, i wouldn't blame him for wanting to keep hush hush)

My view also makes sense wrt one scene with ann
If you walk with her in Hawaii while in a relationship, she talks about how it sucks that they can't find time to be with each other and be all relationship-ey because everyone else is around
so I just always assumed. (its also more fun that way imo :p )

In that case, why not just add a "let's keep this between us for now" line of dialogue somewhere to at least attempt to justify it. As it stands now it just plays odd.

Bladenic

Why was Ryuji my only choice during the class trip? Who else could've been an option? I didn't even have Ann even though she's rank 10. No Makoto either.

Also why does Yusuke wear a damn hoodie on the beach wtf

Guess Who

Banned
Why was Ryuji my only choice during the class trip? Who else could've been an option? I didn't even have Ann even though she's rank 10. No Makoto either.

This is purely a hunch on my part, but I kind of assumed your choice for who to hang out with depends on
how you answered Ann's question about what kind of girl you like the night before.

Well after about 100 and some hours I was finally able to finish it. Got wiped on the last boss once, then came back and kicked ass! What a nice and well done ending too, I was really satisfied with how things turned out.

Also stop hating on Ryuji, he was a true bro till the very end! Ryuji is so awesome!

What a great experience as my first entry into the Persona series, I can't wait to play P3 and P4 now!

gun_haver

Also why does Yusuke wear a damn hoodie on the beach wtf

I've got no idea how this works cos I was rank 10 with Ann and I got her as an option. I also got Makoto, who was only rank 5, and didn't get Kawakami, who was rank 8, 9 or 10 at the time.

I guess it isn't solely based on rank.

Zafir

This is purely a hunch on my part, but I kind of assumed your choice for who to hang out with depends on
how you answered Ann's question about what kind of girl you like the night before.

That doesn't affect anything as far as I understand. It's just based on confidant rank and your relationship to the person.

Ryuji is the default.
Makoto and Hifumi can be gotten assuming you got them up some ranks before the trip - not sure the exact rank required. I was at rank 5 with Makoto and had her. Hifumi was only at rank 2 or 3 and I didn't have her as an option.
Ann and Kawakami require you to be in a romance, else you won't get them.

I got all of them as options on my second playthrough, but that's because I had them all maxed by that point, lol.

Guess Who

Banned
That doesn't affect anything as far as I understand. It's just based on confidant rank and your relationship to the person.

Ryuji is the default.
Makoto and Hifumi can be gotten assuming you got them up some ranks before the trip - not sure the exact rank required. I was at rank 5 with Makoto and had her. Hifumi was only at rank 2 or 3 and I didn't have her as an option.

I got all of them as options on my second playthrough, but that's because I had them all maxed by that point, lol.

Interesting.
I only got Makoto (which is good, because that's exactly who I wanted lmao) and answered that I like intelligent girls the night before
, so I assumed they were connected.

Bladenic

Ryuji is the default.

Damn my Makoto was only rank 4. And I went platonic with Ann because I didn't want to be a playa (why I did that I can't say). What happens with Ann and/or Makoto?

Let's say you have enough confidant points to rank up, but an event gives you more points for that person. Do the points carry over to the next rank, or are they totally wasted?

Opa-Pa

Let's say you have enough confidant points to rank up, but an event gives you more points for that person. Do the points carry over to the next rank, or are they totally wasted?

It's impossible to know for certain, but yeah it seems like they do carry over from experience. Every time that has happened I've been able to rank up like thrice in a row after it.

Eylos

Banned
For the First time i Was pissed with a Boss, in merciless difficulty palace 5,
fuck you big bang Burger attack that kills almost everyone
Near the end he uses only that ughhh

What type is that attack? Almighty?

Guess Who

Banned

They carry over. Points are "absolute", not "per-rank", if that makes any sense.

Protip:
If you have the hunger debuff when that attack goes off, it heals you instead of damaging you.

Zolo

I used way too many revival items in that fight.

Protip:
If you have the hunger debuff when that attack goes off, it heals you instead of damaging you.
My characters kept dodging it.....

Zafir

Damn my Makoto was only rank 4. And I went platonic with Ann because I didn't want to be a playa (why I did that I can't say). What happens with Ann and/or Makoto?

Honestly all of the scenes are kind of copy pasted quite a bit,
well besides the Ryuji one. You meet up, get some garlic shrimp, and then sit on a bench talking. In Kawakami and Ann's case, you promise to go back to Hawaii with them.

So I'm In December at this point and I just want to rave about
everything that went on during November. First off, Palace 6 was fantastic from top to bottom. The music, the puzzles, Akechi, and the tension of what was to come was great. Shadow Sae was a fun boss and I really liked the gambling element. The only part I was down on was the dark maze, but that didn't last too long.

Akechi joining the group was great, I mentioned earlier in the thread that it was pretty clear he was the traitor, and I'm glad the Theives picked up on that as well. I love his dialogue and general demeanor as you go through the palace. I really think his voice actor nails being a smug asshole while sucking up to the group and playing a role. I think someone in this thread noticed he was left handed and used that to connect him to the assassin at the end of palace 5? That's a cool detail.

The end of the interrogation sequence was also great, I loved Ryuji's "We got 'em"
at the end of the animated scene. With the white out scenes I assumed the Theives were probably going to pull one over on Akechi, and it was cool to see it play out. I assume selling out all your friends leads to the bad ending?

Anyway, I started Palace 7 and while the theme and music are on point, I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as 6, these rat sections are killing me.

It's impossible to know for certain, but yeah it seems like they do carry over from experience. Every time that has happened I've been able to rank up like thrice in a row after it.

They carry over. Points are "absolute", not "per-rank", if that makes any sense.

Protip:
Nice. Thank you both.

It makes sense, I replied that I like smart girls and I had a date with Hifumi.

Top Bottom