• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Aselith

Officially cheating on girlfriend :( I'm sorry, Kawami, youll always be special to me.

Hopefully you do t take away my special massages

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Turns out I was only missing some new drink at Shibuya!

Now, I'm guessing the books from the school library count toward the tropy too, right? Am I screwed if I didn't read them all by December?

You know, when I unlocked the first skill for that I thought it was a bit too convenient, but turns out the palace 7 boss is nearly impossible without it unless you're either overleveled or swimming in SP items haha. I felt like a fool maxing out that confidant right after the palace and getting the superior version too.

FFS why didnt i think that the school library would have fucking books

im an idiot, but thankfully wasnt going for the trophy. Thats New Game + :)

Thud

Now, I'm guessing the books from the school library count toward the tropy too, right? Am I screwed if I didn't read them all by December?

Yep,
you can't get to the library.

nOoblet16

You know, when I unlocked the first skill for that I thought it was a bit too convenient, but turns out the palace 7 boss is nearly impossible without it unless you're either overleveled or swimming in SP items haha. I felt like a fool maxing out that confidant right after the palace and getting the superior version too.
If you have an older save then just reload and do nothing but read books to get the trophy. You need to finish library books by late November.

EMT0

Banned
Firstly, this is not exclusive to Persona or JRPG or any RPG. Almost every RPG has you select only a fraction of your friends for active party eventhiugh it doesn't make much sense for the non active party members to not be there fighting next to you.

Doesn't make it any less of an odd explanation when modern hardware's capable of properly making up for it in the background, though. I think the tech's now there where it should be feasible to offer better/more interesting mechanics or explanations behind it.

Anyhow I've played the game for 190 hours and most of the time I can't even tell you what the background environment/detail was in my most recent fight because I was too busy looking at the boss and the menu. And let's not forget that if the game does what you say then it wouldn't make much sense to switch characters mid battles if even the backup team is busy doing something.

Well, yeah. The hope here's that it'd make you appreciate the moments in between much more and draw your eyes to the areas outside of your immediate battle to help make the dungeon grind less stale. And I'd disagree on it not making much sense to have teammates swap in with these explanations; seeing Ryuji jump back from slamming at Shadows and having Ann take his place would seem much more natural to me than the current system where they don't exist and don't do anything until you need to have them battle, and don't do anything as you and your active teamates get destroyed and are forced to restart from the nearest safe room. Not to derail what I'm trying to get at with the existing death mechanics, but I think it's fair to say that there's a fair bit of dissonance between the battle system and the dungeon crawling/plot. I feel like seeing them all act as active participants in some manner would sell the idea better than the current standby system. Now that I think about it, seeing the MC get knocked out and having the Peon Shadows overwhelm your teammates as they panic trying to save you would actually sell the current death mechanics a lot better, lol.

Got my platinum in about 190 hours (lots of slacking though) !! The compendium wasn't that much of a hassle outside of the advanced fusion. Once I was done with it, most of the missing personas were from near the start of the game as I wasn't able to capture them back then, so it was cheap and quick. It cost me in total 1.8 million to go from 55% to 100%, close to half of that cost was just Satanael and its ingredient personas.

One good thing about the compendium is that if you sort it to show an unregistered list then it'll show you which arcana has a missing persona. It generally works EXCEPT it didn't for my last Persona !! I went through the entire list several times to find where I was missing but I didn't see any blanks AT ALL !! so I had to manually fuckin count personas from each arcana and compare it to an online list. And lo and behold I find that missing persona and fuse it...It was this bitch !!
Nice. I have 77% of the compendium completed before the start of the third palace in NG+. But I have 7 million yen so fusing will be no problem for me.

Scavenger

Hey guys, hoping for help.

November spoilers!
I am at the part of the 6th dungeon where I need to pay 100,000 to proceed, I accidentally got my math wrong l, bought some items and now am 170 coins shy of 100,000. Slot just keeps giving 20 which you gotta pay. I have been on the dice game for almost an hour and my coins are less now than before. Any tips?
Slot machine gives 120-200 coins sometimes. Took me about 30 minutes to go from 99,000 to 100,000.

Majmun

The invigorate 3 item is making this game much more fun. The mc also has persona with invigorate 1 skill so 10sp gain per round. I'm happy.

Currently clearing memento's and having lots of fun.

I'm still not at palace 5 part of the game. Just finished 4.

Is there any reason not to sell all of my treasure after finishing a palace? I haven't sold any, and I just finished palace two, and I'm low on cash.

Thud

End game spoilers NG+

Holy Grail is a cheap bastard.
Definitely did enough damage to kill it in one turn :p

Aki-at

Hey guys, hoping for help.

November spoilers!
I am at the part of the 6th dungeon where I need to pay 100,000 to proceed, I accidentally got my math wrong l, bought some items and now am 170 coins shy of 100,000. Slot just keeps giving 20 which you gotta pay. I have been on the dice game for almost an hour and my coins are less now than before. Any tips?

Aren't there some boxes you can break to gather
some coins?

Opa-Pa

If you have an older save then just reload and do nothing but read books to get the trophy. You need to finish library books by late November.

I made an earlier save with like a million yen for trophy stuff, but sadly it was past the palace 6 deadline, so that ship sailed.

It's no big deal though, my girlfriend is playing on my PSN account so maybe I'll do it in one of hers haha.

Is anyone playing on hard from the beginning? It's so damn satisfying. I just finished the 4th Palace
Futaba

I have and it's been fantastic. The challenge is just right and the combat realizes its full potential thanks to it.

The fact that a modern Persona game has better challenge than SMT4 and Apocalypse is just hilarious too, but I'm so thankful!

B00TE

Finished the game, loved almost all of it. Some of the palaces drag in spots, and mementos get old really fast, but other than that I absolutely adore this game. Catching up to where I stopped playing the JP version took me no time at all gameplay wise, I'm actually kinda eager to start my NG+ file already (if it weren't for DQH2 and MK8D releasing this week, I would). Even tempted to try and get the plat trophy, I usually don't care for them, but I may make an exception here.

Thud

Lol what was your setup?
Ann, Makoto, Haru lvl 90+

Odin debilitates
Ann concentrates
Haru puts heat riser on Ann
Ann does blazing hell ~5500 damage
Everyone else does about 1800 damage each.

It's on safety (that cash multiplier) and in phase one, but still I got him to 1/10 in phase two.

asagami_

Banned
The fact that a modern Persona game has better challenge than SMT4 and Apocalypse is just hilarious too, but I'm so thankful!

I like a bit more Apocalypse battle system just because it's faster. But both are damn good. It's a good time to be a Megaten fan.

PK Gaming

Ryuji and Ann finally picked up Charge and Concentrate and jesus christ they took out the Mementos boss in one round

zBwzNY4.jpg

ShadyK54

Finished the game, loved almost all of it. Some of the palaces drag in spots, and mementos get old really fast, but other than that I absolutely adore this game. Catching up to where I stopped playing the JP version took me no time at all gameplay wise, I'm actually kinda eager to start my NG+ file already (if it weren't for DQH2 and MK8D releasing this week, I would). Even tempted to try and get the plat trophy, I usually don't care for them, but I may make an exception here.

With where I'm at right now (September,
5th
Palace) the bolded will probably be my only complaints with the game. With Mementos, I'm running into the same mindset I had with the P4 dungeons, and that's "Ok, just gonna rush through here & get to the end."

Still my GOTY.

NotLiquid

Question about the (pretty sure it is, at least) the final dungeon

Should I grind for EXP/cash in here while I have the most obvious chance and is there a certain trick to it if so? I feel like I'm in desperate need of a good super powered Persona, one with no weaknesses and with at least one move that deals colossal damage, considering how some of the regular mooks are starting to be a bit more powerful than I'd hope. I would fuse higher level Personas cause I filled that social link but everything is way too pricey and obviously I can't go out and sell stuff. I only barely beat Shido in the previous dungeon and I'm currently around 65 with my party at present.

Considering how I'm usually never prepared enough as I'd hope to be during Persona endgames it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't grind myself up enough.

Pennywise

Problem in my case were the books that were tied to Requests.

I must have missed two messages and despite working at the flower shop/bar I never got those requests later on.
What a shame that it made two trophies impossible on that run. Sadly I got no save earlier than September.

Thud

NG+ end game spoilers

If you show the bookcover obtained from the fight with Justine and Caroline you get an extra dialogue with Lavenza. A velvet resident just confessed her love for me.
Would sacrifice all my confidants just for her :)

Also obtained that platinum trophy ~165 hours.

I forgot the number 1 rule of persona: don't spend money on weapons till the next dungeon. I'm now broke, and have a ton of downtime till I can earn more money.

Hopefully this doesn't screw my stats too much, as i'm only just after the first palace.

nOoblet16

NG+ end game spoilers

If you show the bookcover obtained from the fight with Justine and Caroline you get an extra dialogue with Lavenza. A velvet resident just confessed her love for me.

I liked it but it was a very odd kind of reaction and strange that it was essentially the "reward" for the whole ordeal.

cheez124

(ultimate persona spoiler) anyone have any recommendations
for a satanael build? i'm in NG+ and i'm planning to fuse him soon. i was thinking of going with a gun based moveset with one shot kill, cripple, trigger happy, and arms master, but beyond that i'm not sure.

Ultimadrago

NG+ end game spoilers

Congrats! And yeah, that part's so sweet ;__;

Ultimadrago

(ultimate persona spoiler) anyone have any recommendations
for a satanael build? i'm in NG+ and i'm planning to fuse him soon. i was thinking of going with a gun based moveset with one shot kill, cripple, trigger happy, and arms master, but beyond that i'm not sure.

I gave them a Spell Cast set (with Spell Master) with the strongest Physical type move for kicks. Funnily enough, I don't love their stat set and would largely prefer to use other Personae (that have more levels to allocate into a focused stat or two), but those resistances. *drool*

Just lost a good chunk of progress because I got greedy during a hold up. RIP.

Wow. That sucks! Which mob type?

I game over'd after working the last enemy in a group down to one hit away from death and then having a wounded joker go to standard attack to save SP except I somehow forgot that said enemy had counterattack despite being hit by it previously....I am a stupid man!

But man this palace 6 tune is a banger.

Okay, I'm at 11/25, and by my calculations, I should be able to reach max rank for the confidants I want, just barely.

Thing is, should I get Palace
out of the way all at once first (on the 25th) or wait for a day where I have nobody to rank up? Will I even get a day like that?

FINALLY got my trusty old friend Yoshi back and man he is just as broken as I remember him from the last game.

Yoshitsune with Heat Riser, Debilitate, Apt Pupil, Arms Master, Ali Dance and Angelic Grace is downright untouchable by the enemy. If that wasn't enough, one Charge Hassou Tobi blows up pretty much everything in the game that dares stand in your way. It makes a mockery out of the entire final dungeon and enemies, even more so with Ryuji and Ann's Concentrate and Charged attacks as well.

I was surprised they kept him that OP even in this game, but hey I'm not gonna complain. He's my favourite persona in the game.

Okay, I'm at 11/25, and by my calculations, I should be able to reach max rank for the confidants I want, just barely.

Thing is, should I get Palace
out of the way all at once first (on the 25th) or wait for a day where I have nobody to rank up? Will I even get a day like that?

Depends on which people you have ranked up already. I had several open days in the day time since I pretty much got all of my party members' social links out of the way early on and all of them have their social links are during the daytime. So if you have done most of them already then you will have several days where there is nobody to talk to. The only party member at this point you probably have left unfinished to level up is
Haru
since that starts pretty late, but everyone else's can be done much earlier than that.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
FINALLY got my trusty old friend Yoshi back and man he is just as broken as I remember him from the last game.

Yoshitsune with Heat Riser, Debilitate, Apt Pupil, Arms Master, Ali Dance and Angelic Grace is downright untouchable by the enemy. If that wasn't enough, one Charge Hassou Tobi blows up pretty much everything in the game that dares stand in your way. It makes a mockery out of the entire final dungeon and enemies, even more so with Ryuji and Ann's Concentrate and Charged attacks as well.

I was surprised they kept him that OP even in this game, but hey I'm not gonna complain. He's my favourite persona in the game.

For sure. In addition to some of the ones you mentioned, mine had High Counter and Endure along with its Charge and Hassou Tobi. Wish I had gotten Arms Master and Angelic Grace like you but meh for the purposes of the game its overpowered either way lol

Thud

Thinking about grinding those last two levels for MC and then bust the final boss with max level
Satanael
with that orb equipped.

It got nothing on me.

Top Bottom