• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Depends on which people you have ranked up already. I had several open days in the day time since I pretty much got all of my party members' social links out of the way early on and all of them have their social links during the daytime. So if you have done most of them already then you will have several days where there is nobody to talk to.

Here are my current ranks.

• Makoto - Rank 8
  • Haru - Rank 8
  • Yusuke - Rank 8
  • Ann - Rank 7
  • Ryuji - Rank 7
  • Futaba - Rank 8
  • Twins - Rank 2 (Can be completed all at once if needed)
  • Sojiro - Rank MAX
  • Takemi - Rank 8
  • Hifumi - Rank 8
  • Kawakami - Rank MAX
  • Mishima - Rank MAX
  • Chihaya - Rank 6
Should I expect to run into any free days by the deadline of
12/17
, and just hold out until I get one?

Or should I just get it out of the way on the first available day (11/25) regardless of what confidants are available on that day?

Omg I may have to give up on the video game trophy. The fighting game with Street Fighter controls is IMPOSSIBLE even on level one, and even after reading the video game book.

Here are my current ranks.

• Makoto - Rank 8
  • Haru - Rank 8
  • Yusuke - Rank 8
  • Ann - Rank 7
  • Ryuji - Rank 7
  • Futaba - Rank 8
  • Twins - Rank 2 (Can be completed all at once if needed)
  • Sojiro - Rank MAX
  • Takemi - Rank 8
  • Hifumi - Rank 8
  • Kawakami - Rank MAX
  • Mishima - Rank MAX
  • Chihaya - Rank 6
Should I expect to run into any free days by the deadline of
12/17
?

Or should I just get it out of the way on the first available day (11/25) regardless of what confidants are available?

The one's that are at day from the above are Makoto, Haru, Yusuke, Ann, Ryuji, Futaba and Takemi. Yes I'm almost certain you will run into some open days towards the end around a week before the deadline since you will have completed most of them by then given their ranks (make sure to use Chihaya's boosts as well). So just wait it out for some open days.

That being said just to be safe, use Haru to grow a bunch of the vegetable that fills your SP completely. Her SL helps you grow more, so focus on that a bit. Also buy a bunch of SP adhesive accessories from Takemi if you haven't already for all your party members. You will essentially be able to complete that palace in one day if you have those, so you don't have to worry about running out of time.

Opa-Pa

Does ambient aid only affect manually inflicted ailments or does it also increase chance of the enemy starting the fight with an ailment on them?

I'm trying to kill the Reaper with the flu trick on an earlier save for the trophy and I'm kinda tired of him never being inflicted with despair.

For sure. In addition to some of the ones you mentioned, mine had High Counter and Endure along with its Charge and Hassou Tobi. Wish I had gotten Arms Master and Angelic Grace like you but meh for the purposes of the game its overpowered either way lol

Yeah I was thinking of going for a repel build at first just to be immune to everything but almighty. Then I found out that Ali Dance stacks with Angelic Grace and given Yoshi's naturally sky high agility, he dodges attacks like Ash's Pikachu with agility.

But yes Endure is very useful as well, although with maxed out teammate social links you essentially get like 4 endures built in lol. I would definitely have it if I was soloing some boss with the MC. It's a necessity.

The one's that are at day from the above are Makoto, Haru, Yusuke, Ann, Ryuji, Futaba and Takemi. Yes I'm almost certain you will run into some open days towards the end around a week before the deadline since you will have completed most of them by then given their ranks (make sure to use Chihaya's boosts as well). So just wait it out for some open days.

That being said just to be safe, use Haru to grow a bunch of the vegetable that fills your SP completely. Her SL helps you grow more, so focus on that a bit. Also buy a bunch of SP adhesive accessories from Takemi if you haven't already for all your party members. You will essentially be able to complete that palace in one day if you have those, so you don't have to worry about running out of time.

So should I focus on confidants for now, growing additional vegetables (I've been growing them alongside Haru's confidant) and challenge the Palace on a free day in the last week?

Or should I instead do the palace now with the vegetables I have and get it out of the way on the 25th, then focus on my confidants in the remaining time before the deadline?

So should I focus on confidants for now, growing additional vegetables (I've been growing them alongside Haru's confidant) and challenge the Palace on a free day in the last week?

Or should I instead do the palace now with the vegetables I have and get it out of the way on the 25th, then focus on my confidants in the remaining time before the deadline?

Focus on confidants and wait it out for an open day towards then end while growing more vegetables. You should be good as long as you have a handy amount of vegetables as backup (that sounds funny even to say).

Opa-Pa

Does ambient aid only affect manually inflicted ailments or does it also increase chance of the enemy starting the fight with an ailment on them?

I'm trying to kill the Reaper with the flu trick on an earlier save for the trophy and I'm kinda tired of him never being inflicted with despair.

Seems like the answer is Yes? I tried one more time with a Black Ooze with Ambient Aid equipped and I got a despaired Reaper first try.

It's weird though, I did a google search and there were zero mentions about this.

Young Magus

12/24

So I'm at the final dungeon
or so I've been told, its the absolute bottom part of mementos.
Low-Mid 60s. How long is it?

And the only regret on my first playthrough I have is that
My sun link got stuck at lvl 9

Vamphuntr

12/24

So I'm at the final dungeon
or so I've been told, its the absolute bottom part of mementos.
Low-Mid 60s. How long is it?

And the only regret on my first playthrough I have is that
My sun link got stuck at lvl 9

The dungeon is not too long but the cutscenes are. You still have another short area after this part and more cutscenes.

Zesh

How powerful do you need to be to beat the Reaper legitimately? My party's in the 60s, but all of my personas are 80+. Is it doable at this point?

Focus on confidants and wait it out for an open day towards then end while growing more vegetables. You should be good as long as you have a handy amount of vegetables as backup (that sounds funny even to say).

Great... Now I just need to decide between Haru, Makoto, and Takemi for my romance option.

Back to the waifu thread I go then.

Does it matter if you don't have a persona on you of the right arcana when you first make the bond? I just got Hermit lvl 1 and I didn't have a Hermit persona on me, does that give me any less points? Or is it only after the initial meeting?

Seems like the answer is Yes? I tried one more time with a Black Ooze with Ambient Aid equipped and I got a despaired Reaper first try.

It's weird though, I did a google search and there were zero mentions about this.

Weird. I ran into Reaper enough to farm him. All you have to do is run away and then re-engage. Repeat until you start a fight where he has the despair ailment.

Zesh

Does it matter if you don't have a persona on you of the right arcana when you first make the bond? I just got Hermit lvl 1 and I didn't have a Hermit persona on me, does that give me any less points? Or is it only after the initial meeting?

Doesn't matter; you don't get points during the initial encounter.

Every time I hear "I am thou, thou are I"

I instinctively think "stick a needle in my eye".

Also, just started the Emperor confidant. I hope that character improves because I've found him boring so far in the game.

Is this game as good as P3 and 4? I've seen people claim it to be better than both (before it released in the west) but I found that hard to believe.

nOoblet16

Is this game as good as P3 and 4? I've seen people claim it to be better than both (before it released in the west) but I found that hard to believe.
Opinions vary in these cases.
Some will say yes, some will say no...you should decide it for yourself by playing it.

The gameplay and presentation are objectively superior though.

FluxWaveZ

I've played all of them and I think P5 is the best of the Persona games. Naturally, though, a lot of it is subjective, as it depends on your own personal tastes regarding characters, aesthetics, and story. It's certainly the most mechanically refined Persona game to date, though.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

It's the best JRPG of all time by a wide margin IMO. Games of this magnitude don't come out often.

Opinions vary in these cases.
Some will say yes, some will say no...you should decide it for yourself by playing it.

The gameplay and presentation are objectively superior though.

All right, thanks. I was pretty certain people were being hyperbolic. P3 and 4 are among my favourite games so I just hope for P5 to maintain that level and I'm good.

It's the best persona since persona 2 imho.
I finished all Personas bar Innocent Sin (quit the PSP version because the loading times were unbearable) but I prefer P3 and 4 over the others. I like them all though.

nOoblet16

Persona 5 is not only my most played RPG but it's my most played single player game ever. I've put 190 hours into it and I've never played a non multiplayer game for this long.

ckohler

That section of the game was fantastic.
Seeing her try to be a PI trying to track you, acting all flustered when you talk to her. It was fun. It was love at first stalk.
Hehe.
I never spoke to her when she was like this because I felt sorry for her AND she might really have been into that manga.

Aki-at

I like parts of Persona 4 more than 5.

But 5 literally blows all of them out of the water otherwise, the biggest soundtrack, the best presentation, it's really hard to not say this isn't the best game with everything except maybe the plot and characters. I feel it losses some steam towards the end but it's still a fantastic journey.

Nose Master

FFS. I'm grinding in mementos against jobbers just unlocking new floors, half paying attention. I get into a fight with two Rangda(?)s and something else. The something else casts a rage-all, MC gets rage'd. He goes next, attacks a Rangda, and bops himself because repel physical, game over. Thirty minutesish of grinding down the drain because the one archaic mechanic they refuse to get rid of.

D:

One thing that this game absolutely blows the last two away on is the non-party member/story character social links. Like, I can think of ~2-3 non-party/story social links from 3 and 4 that I actually have any real memories of or otherwise give a shit about. Meanwhile I can think of ~2-3 confidants in this game that I *won't* have any real memories of or otherwise give a shit about in this one a few years down the line.

That the non-party confidants give you bonuses other than fusion exp is a big part of it, of course- you actually want to level them up rather than them just being the filler shit you do when you can't level up any other social link. Beyond that, I also think that the fact that most/all of the confidants' storylines reflect the themes of the main storyline (good people putting up with corrupt/abusive people with power over them, etc etc) adds a lot to them.

Rodin

Managed to max all the confidants i wanted to max and even got the time to bring Kawamaki to rank 8. Not bad, although i want to see how her story ends now... ng+ i guess.

Btw, fusing ame-no-uzume with psy dodge is a much, much bigger pain in the ass than completing palace 7 in a single visit.

That section of the game was fantastic.
Seeing her try to be a PI trying to track you, acting all flustered when you talk to her. It was fun. It was love at first stalk.

This was like the one time in the entire game when I was actually endeared to Makoto. It was adorable and they should have let her do more things like that
instead of making her start to sound like a wannabe thug/hardass once she gets her powers.

Top Bottom