• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Is this game as good as P3 and 4? I've seen people claim it to be better than both (before it released in the west) but I found that hard to believe.

i'd say the games've become more mechanically sound, & graphically impressive, but also more unimaginative & less charming, with each iteration :) ...

I just fixed the laptop, should I invest money into buying stuff on the website?

Is there good stuff you can get?

Also, side note, what does all this "transmute" stuff mean?

Palace
seems SUPER long. And lacking in safe rooms. Am I correct in thinking this? I just got the
first letter and had to back track a lot to go save.

pixxxelz

Moon Social Link spoilers:
does Mishima disappears after a certain date? I'm at 12/12 right now and he's not showing up, and I don't have any mementos requests either, I'm gonna so pissed if I miss that trophy because of him..

I just fixed the laptop, should I invest money into buying stuff on the website?

Is there good stuff you can get?

Also, side note, what does all this "transmute" stuff mean?

The transmute items are required reagents for itemizing personas into weapons/armor in the velvet room.

PK Gaming

Is this game as good as P3 and 4? I've seen people claim it to be better than both (before it released in the west) but I found that hard to believe.

In terms of pure gameplay, Persona 5 is unquestionably the best out of the 3. Handcrafted dungeons, revamped battle system, negotiations, much better character progression and generally more things to do during daily life all contribute to a funner experience. In terms of story and characters, you mileage may vary, though I think 5 has stronger writing than its predecessor and a generally stronger narrative. Pacing is where things get a bit wonky, because 4 is definitely better than 5 in that regard. Music is totally subjective, though I think 4 and 5 are about on par for different reasons.

So all in all, i'd say P5 is the strongest Persona game at the moment. I hold it to a higher standard than 3 and 4, so I don't think it's quite as *mindblowing* as 4 was when it came out, but it's still a very good game.

Thud

i'd say the game's've become more mechanically sound, & graphically impressive, but also more unimaginative & less charming, with each iteration :) ...

Nothing says "I love you, Atlus" more than that charming fellow in class that turned in a human centipede with a giant penis.

People say Persona 1 is forgetable, but it has some of the best dyucks.

Nothing says "I love you, Atlus" more than that charming fellow in class that turned in a human centipede with a giant penis.

People say Persona 1 is forgetable, but it has some of the best dyucks.

I finished Persona 1 PSP last year and enjoyed it. It was rather short (20ish hours) but had fast paced gameplay which I appreciated on mobile. Other than the last dungeon (true ending) it was a bit on the easy side though.

RDreamer

Post dungeon 5 is really really pissing me off. Fucking Morgana said I could go to Mementos not one day but two fucking days and I've been blocked off of a ton of confidants because I waited to go until after the heart change. Now I can't fucking go. There is absolutely no reason to block you for a goddamned month, especially because the game SAYS I CAN GO.

And now
I just apparently spent the entire after school period with a 60 second conversation with Akechi? WHAT THE HELL!?

I seriously don't want to reload my game from before the change of heart and lose like 2 hours but this is stupid...

LotusHD

Banned
Palace
seems SUPER long. And lacking in safe rooms. Am I correct in thinking this? I just got the
first letter and had to back track a lot to go save.

For me, it's not so much that it's lacking, but by the time you get to one, you're usually past the part of the palace that was crawling with enemies. But when you're in the thick of it trying to progress through the palace and fight/avoid the enemies, or god forbid
encounter one when you're transformed into a rat
, there's no quick safe room to go into. And if you backtrack to a previous safe room, they'll just respawn, which just coerces you to keep moving forward.

Opa-Pa

Man, farming silk yarn of all things is fucking miserable. I'm missing like 2 and Ryuji's stupid abilities is making me insta kill most mobs because they turn their backs right away trying to run away from me.

You know what's even more disturbing? When you go to the red light district and click X on the adult store, Morgana says something like 'If you need to relieve stress, you can hold my paw." Like what? What the hell mate.

PK Gaming

Man, farming silk yarn of all things is fucking miserable. I'm missing like 2 and Ryuji's stupid abilities is making me insta kill most mobs because they turn their backs right away trying to run away from me.

You could always buy them at the Second Hand Shop. Though i'm guessing you've already done that, heh...

FluxWaveZ

You know what's even more disturbing? When you go to the red light district and click X on the adult store, Morgana says something like 'If you need to relieve stress, you can hold my paw." Like what? What the hell mate.

It's a joke. Ties into his self-aggrandizing nature, like holding his paw would be equivalent to the kind of relief you'd get from that adult establishment.

Jintor

you've felt a cat's paw before right

it's super cute

Opa-Pa

Post palace 7 spoilers

Help me organize my time please:

So I'm assuming I'll be forced to go to Mementos at some point, right? Should I just focus on maxing SLs and leave Mementos requests for later unless I have to complete SL related ones then?

You could always buy them at the Second Hand Shop. Though i'm guessing you've already done that, heh...

Yeah I had, but eh, I got frustrated so I just skipped a week to buy three more haha.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Moon Social Link spoilers:
does Mishima disappears after a certain date? I'm at 12/12 right now and he's not showing up, and I don't have any mementos requests either, I'm gonna so pissed if I miss that trophy because of him..

Yeah hes gone until after palace 7. However you do have a couple days after palace 7 and hes available on one of those. If you're at rank 9 you should be fine.

Post palace 7 spoilers

Help me organize my time please:

So I'm assuming I'll be forced to go to Mementos at some point, right? Should I just focus on maxing SLs and leave Mementos requests for later unless I have to complete SL related ones then?

You won't be able to complete requests on the day you have to go to Mementos for the plot, so if you want to complete any more requests you'll have to take a day before then to do it.

You get infinite full heals at the entrance (but no access to shops) on that day, though, so don't stress out too much about going the farthest you can go in mementos before that day if you don't have to for requests.

rugioh

Banned
I got so excited doing the reaper flu farm and then realized that the rest of the palaces will probably be trivial because of Ryuji's confidant skill, oops.

Opa-Pa

You won't be able to complete requests on the day you have to go to Mementos for the plot, so if you want to complete any more requests you'll have to take a day before then to do it.

You get infinite full heals at the entrance (but no access to shops) on that day, though, so don't stress out too much about going the farthest you can go in mementos before that day if you don't have to for requests.

Alright, neat. Thank you!

PK Gaming

Hold up

VqHpyBu.png

This is a thing? Damn, I regret not going fishing now...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm consistently disgusted by how low-res the laundromat is.

It's a joke. Ties into his self-aggrandizing nature, like holding his paw would be equivalent to the kind of relief you'd get from that adult establishment.
Still pretty weird and hilarious, and not at all an equivalent. Guess Morgana wouldn't know anything about that though...
you've felt a cat's paw before right

it's super cute
Yeah but it doesn't relieve that kinda stress.

A cat high-five is oddly adorable though. Just gotta watch those claws.

TP

Just finished my first S level request on Normal (Head Honcho) and i'm wondering if by skpping the conversation I missed that it was supposed to be a joke fight? Or was the AI so terrible it couldn't even attack me once.
It spent all its turns casting Tarukaja after I would nullify it

Aki-at

Hold up

VqHpyBu.png

This is a thing? Damn, I regret not going fishing now...

Wish there were more stuff like this in the game.

Well there might have been, damn Mishima kept asking me out to places and the first time I bumped into Yusuke, not sure if any more hilarity would follow because who wants to hang out with Mishima?!

This is getting annoying now...where is the main plot?
Anyone care to tell me what dungeon does the central story begin at?
The game so far has the plot consistency of a Saturday morning cartoon

PK Gaming

that scene is great, you fucked up

Oh well, time to reload 2 months back

It'll be worth it

This is getting annoying now...where is the main plot?
Anyone care to tell me what dungeon does the central story begin at?
The game so far has the plot consistency of a Saturday morning cartoon

That's what they were going for.

Unlike Persona 3 and Persona 4, Persona 5‘s story is designed to be like an ”omnibus," with no one specific enemy or criminal that the team chases after. Like a serial drama TV show, the Phantom Thieves change the targets they chase regularly.

Random palace 4 question:

So what's the deal with the platform and slide to the right of the entrance to Futaba's pyramid? I know the platform on the other side is where you go to see the city, and the alternate entrance to the pyramid is over there as well, but as far as I can tell there's absolutely no purpose to the slide?

Top Bottom