• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Make sure to pick up the Persona 5 original, Tsukiyomi DLC Persona. The amount of effort put into a one off Persona is truly remarkable.

Hell no.

The DLCs are all highway robbery :/

It's also really annoying how they basically break the game and how stuff like skill cards such as Spell Master is unobtainable in the game unless you buy them. Urgh.

Beat second palace. Very much liking this game. Enjoyed the boss. Liking the battles

Is there a benefit to all out attacks over asking enemies for items?

And even though I can fuse personas I tend to find them in the palace and capture them there. So whats the point of fusing exactly?

Like, any of them? Or just underleveled for some/most? Due to the nature of how fusion works, that'll always be the case, most will be a couple of level highers and a couple will be like 40.

But nope, I think the only exp boost item comes with the P3 costume pack, or maybe it was the P4 one? Not sure.

Well, I was just grinding for about two hours to get to 27, and I'm still not at 29, which is what I want to get my strength confidant up. I'm continuously 4-5 levels behind the average, and it seems every persona I'm eager to fuse is a few levels away. That's why I feel constantly under-leveled. And, that two hours of grinding was after I secured my route in Palace 3. I finished it at 25.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Beat second palace. Very much liking this game. Enjoyed the boss. Liking the battles

And even though I can fuse personas I tend to find them in the palace. So whats the point of fusing exactly?

You wouldn't be able to get a great number of Persona without fusing. Not to mention with fusing you can assign skills to Personas that they wouldn't be able to get normally, and when combined with Confidants you can basically level up multiple times in one go when you fuse.

Opa-Pa

And even though I can fuse personas I tend to find them in the palace and capture them there. So whats the point of fusing exactly?

Asking for items and money ends the battle and you only get some very small amount of exp and 0 money from the battle itself.

Also the personas you recruit come as is, by fusing personas you can instant level them up with arcana bonus exp from confidants and customize their skills. Also not every fuseable persona is available in palaces.

I'm now forcing myself to stay out of Persona threads other than this one. Even though some of the criticisms are completely fair, all the negativity is kind of killing my vibes for the game. I guess I wish all this backlash just came a little later.

Astral

Just hit the beach. So Ryuji and Ann..
What kind of reaction is that to Ryuji air groping Ann?
Very unexpected lol.

Aeana

I'm now forcing myself to stay out of Persona threads other than this one. Even though some of the criticisms are completely fair, all the negativity is kind of killing my vibes for the game. I guess I wish all this backlash just came a little later.

Please let us know when is convenient for you.

Jiraiza

Make sure to pick up the Persona 5 original, Tsukiyomi DLC Persona. The amount of effort put into a one off DLC Persona is truly remarkable.

Broke ass DLC Personas. Even Izanagi's pretty good with his Cross Slash.

sjbRdtn.jpg

No shame, tho.

Man some of the responses when turning down relationships are brutal, like it's either all in, "I want to be with you" or distant stuff that basically says, "you're useful to me"

Opto

Banned
I felt kinda bad for ignoring Ryuji but the school trip events really made me just not care about him anymore. What's it with Persona first friends turning out to be douches?

duckroll

Man some of the responses when turning down relationships are brutal, like it's either all in, "I want to be with you" or distant stuff that basically says, "you're useful to me"

I wish Yusuke could be a relationship just so I can turn him down. :p

"Do you think we can deepen our relationship and embrace the art that is the togetherness of love?"

>"Nah I'm cool, but please keep copying skill cards for me yo."

Zephyx

For people who have finished the game, do you think you'd still buy a Persona 6 on launch knowing it'd be around the same length and still have the same structure (in terms of progressing the story)? I think some people didn't enjoy the padded length around the end aside from having issues with localization, etc.

I'm 82 hours in at 11/2 (still exploring the palace) and I still find the game enjoyable for the most part. I don't have that much issues with the localization, the cast and the story but there's always room for improvement in that department.

As for mechanics, I'm fine with the battles and dungeon exploration but I wish they make the social links more interconnected with the story (particularly for party members). I think adding skills to confidant levels is a step in the right direction but weaving some links with the plot or other social links makes it more engaging to pursue, especially for romance routes. I think they should also add something else after maxing the link since you ignore most confidants after you max them. They could also improve the time management part by enabling the player to have more activities during weekends or day-offs by having 3 (morning, afternoon, evening) sections instead of 2. They can always add more activities to compensate for this.

I think i can list more but these ones always come to mind.

Zafir

Whew. Well I finally got the platinum tonight. My save file ended up being like 200 hours or something, but there's probably a lot of idle time in there. I also re-read a lot of dialogue in my second playthrough, so I'm sure the plat could easily be done quicker.

I ended my second playthrough
getting beaten up by all the girls since I wanted to see what scene they came up with this time round.
You deserved it MC!

Also Sojiro is a terrible father.
Lying to his daughter like that about the MC not cheating when he totally is!

Young Magus

Bruhs, It just set in that(Ending Spoliers)

You summoned Satan on CHRISTMAS EVE TO BUST A CAP IN GOD'S ASS.

THEY WENT FULL MEGATEN WITH THE ENDING LOL

For people who have finished the game, do you think you'd still buy a Persona 6 on launch knowing it'd be around the same length and still have the same structure (in terms of progressing the story)? I think some people didn't enjoy the padded length around the end aside from having issues with localization, etc.

I'm 82 hours in at 11/2 (still exploring the palace) and I still find the game enjoyable for the most part. I don't have that much issues with the localization, the cast and the story but there's always room for improvement in that department.

As for mechanics, I'm fine with the battles and dungeon exploration but I wish they make the social links more interconnected with the story (particularly for party members). I think adding skills to confidant levels is a step in the right direction but weaving some links with the plot or other social links makes it more engaging to pursue, especially for romance routes. I think they should also add something else after maxing the link since you ignore most confidants after you max them. They could also improve the time management part by enabling the player to have more activities during weekends or day-offs by having 3 (morning, afternoon, evening) sections instead of 2. They can always add more activities to compensate for this.

I think i can list more but these ones always come to mind.
I just wish there was more opportunities to try out broken ass personas. The game is fairly linear in that you can't go to other places or an end game dungeon full of powerful minions, mini bosses, and bosses. There's just 2 super bosses. I'm seeing a bunch of Persona videos of op Persona but what's the point? Only two enemies really requires them.
I've been having this problem constantly with P5 DLC. I've found the best way to find it all is to use the browser store, search for Persona 5 and click on thr DLC section below.

Anyway, it should be here.
Thanks.

Exentryk

The hide and ambush aspects really slow down the dungeon pacing. Dungeons themselves being quite long doesn't help either.

...do you think you'd still buy a Persona 6 on launch knowing it'd be around the same length and still have the same structure (in terms of progressing the story)?

As a first time Persona player, I won't get P6 day 1 if it has the same time management crap. The game would need to be more open with more freedom for me to get it day 1. I love the slick combat and the Persona fusion aspects though, so I would love these in a more open and free game.

Id be so fucking bummed if they scrapped the time management...its the only series at all like this. Even atelier dumped the time management, and is lesser for it.
Is there a pic of all the costumes in the set?

persona central and another site posted them. Makoto's MMA uniform looking garb, joker's whatever you want to call it, and morgana's rainbow fro make it great.

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-costume-image-gallery/

everything for all sets is there

robotrock

Banned
Yea. They some how made
hawaii
boring as hell. Like bruh I could of done this back at Leblanc.

Best part of persona 4 was visiting persona 3
school
and other crazy stuff.

I was so insanely excited when I first heard them mention the trip was
Hawaii. Persona in America, whaaaaat?!!?!
Should have had a small dungeon

Ultimadrago

Seeing how much I enjoyed Persona 5, I'd certainly purchase Persona 6 at launch barring extreme alarm or circumstance. That said, I found issue with the dungeon design relying on similar puzzles too many times, the stealth mechanic (I would want any evolution to a similar flashy ambush mechanism improved/expanded in a future game), the story could be better (less jarring transitions from the goal of animated cutscenes vs story along with other poor approaches to exposition as was seen later in the game with a certain added party member and another known cutscene) and stat-boosting for Persona to be polished out to exclude RNG for focused builds all for starters.

I didn't really mind the localization and found it to be an average to below-average job (though I didn't care for Persona 4 either in this regard). I wasn't impressed, but I'd be lying if I said it majorly affected my time with the game. Of course, I would love a much stronger result next time around, but it's lower on my wishlist.

What I do really want again in a Persona 6 is Dual Audio returning to the States. I played the whole game in Japanese voices and loved it. Give me that again, please!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yea. They some how made
hawaii
boring as hell. Like bruh I could of done this back at Leblanc.

Best part of persona 4 was visiting persona 3
school
and other crazy stuff.

Even the cast thought Hawaii was dull lol.

I dunno but the party cutscenes here aren't as fun and funny compared to P4.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Okay, I had low expectations, but Palace 5 is still falling below them.

Just....bleargh. It's both repetitive and not really interesting from a mechanics/puzzle standpoint. It's a giant slog.

duckroll

persona central and another site posted them. Makoto's MMA uniform looking garb, joker's whatever you want to call it, and morgana's rainbow fro make it great.

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-costume-image-gallery/

everything for all sets is there

Oh... wow... shit. This makes the Raido costumes look like a total scam. I thought they were all unique, but it turns out the characters they don't show in the promo pics are lame generic uniforms. Fuck that. I think when the Catherine set drops, I'm buying that along with Dancing All Night instead, and all the remaining DLC Personas. #FuckRaido

Ryuji's DAN costume is too good. Might even put him back in my party because of that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
60 hour in, about to finished 7th (?) palace. The one in November.

Saved after the retelling of the events of the prologue. Sheeaaat !!! is the entire interrogation happening inside Sae's heart ?

Top Bottom