• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

For people who have finished the game, do you think you'd still buy a Persona 6 on launch knowing it'd be around the same length and still have the same structure (in terms of progressing the story)? I think some people didn't enjoy the padded length around the end aside from having issues with localization, etc.

I'm 82 hours in at 11/2 (still exploring the palace) and I still find the game enjoyable for the most part. I don't have that much issues with the localization, the cast and the story but there's always room for improvement in that department.

As for mechanics, I'm fine with the battles and dungeon exploration but I wish they make the social links more interconnected with the story (particularly for party members). I think adding skills to confidant levels is a step in the right direction but weaving some links with the plot or other social links makes it more engaging to pursue, especially for romance routes. I think they should also add something else after maxing the link since you ignore most confidants after you max them. They could also improve the time management part by enabling the player to have more activities during weekends or day-offs by having 3 (morning, afternoon, evening) sections instead of 2. They can always add more activities to compensate for this.

I think i can list more but these ones always come to mind.

No question for me. Yes I would.

I am playing p5 when I'm at home and P4G when I am on commute from work. I love everything about the persona series.

I don't think its padded. For me, I could go for 2-3 more dungeons/cycles.

Can I ever equip more than one accessory because otherwise 95% of them are never getting used. Why would anyone pick resistance to one ailment when you can boost stats or regen hp/sp?

Astral

I really wish the music in Mementos would change slightly after every area like in Tartarus. I'm getting sick of this shit.

theecakee

Without of course spoiling the story, cause I'm loving it so far, is there a point in P5 like P4 where you have to make a choice that will change the ending/get a true ending? Do they give you some advance notice so I make sure I make a separate save lol.

I'm at the 20 hour mark,
Yusuke just moved in if that says anything.
I think I have quite a long ways to go but still

Guess Who

Banned
Without of course spoiling the story, cause I'm loving it so far, is there a point in P5 like P4 where you have to make a choice that will change the ending/get a true ending? Do they give you some advance notice so I make sure I make a separate save lol.

The game will (non-plot spoiler, but kind of game mechanic spoiler?)
explicitly tell you "hey, shit's about to go down. want to save?"
before the main "decision point".

Jiraiza

DUEE9Ew.jpg

Loading up the Arsene with Severe spells. Would love to get Tsukiyomi's severe Curse spell on him too, but I don't think that's possible.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Loading up the Arsene with Severe spells. Would love to get Tsukiyomi's severe Curse spell on him too, but I don't think that's possible.

Do you level him up normally? I am currently equipping him with Growth 3 so that he would level up naturally as I play the game along. How did you get Spell Master on him? Please tell me not through DLC :(

Jiraiza

Do you level him up normally? I am currently equipping him with Growth 3 so that he would level up naturally as I play the game along. How did you get Spell Master on him? Please tell me not through DLC :(

Spell Master is available on higher level Personas. Got the skill and levels through Gallows. Getting Almighty Amp is going to be a bitch, though.

PK Gaming

I could beat the final boss right now, but...

I can't progress until I unlock the final skills for each party member, which means heavy grinding

Curse my OCD

raveking

Banned
Guys I'm like 60-70 hours in an on the
5th palace
roughly how many more hours do I have left? lmao. I'm still loving this game it's like crack

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My username is f0rneus. I just noticed today that the face of Forneus is just built into the crown, and that it's got eyes near it's mouth.

My life has been a lie.

Just wanted to pop back in here and say I decided to give the game a go and am absolutely adoring it. Persona 5 is my first real jrpg. I'm closing in on the 4th palace and am about 40 hrs in.

The only complaint I have is thay for whatever reason I cannot sit down for more than 2 hours at a time to play. I need to take breaks more so tham I would want to in any other game I like as much as I do this one. I think it's because the extensive reading tires my eyes.

Aselith

Oh... wow... shit. This makes the Raido costumes look like a total scam. I thought they were all unique, but it turns out the characters they don't show in the promo pics are lame generic uniforms. Fuck that. I think when the Catherine set drops, I'm buying that along with Dancing All Night instead, and all the remaining DLC Personas. #FuckRaido

Ryuji's DAN costume is too good. Might even put him back in my party because of that.

Why Raido in particular? Stuff like P3 and P1 are as well and the Raido costumes including the generic ones look pretty dope

Exentryk

I'm sure Arsene's 99 Agility will do me wonders there. Not that it matters, really. More interested in a skillset of mostly offensive spells than a mixture of offense and defense.

But if the evasion you're getting is only about 50% or so, then going for firm stance, etc., might be a better deal. Are you not maxing out EN? You probably didn't need the MA and AGI stats to be above 89 as you get +10 all stats from equipment.

how you get

Itemize
Michael
(lv 87) Persona.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Spell Master is available on higher level Personas. Got the skill and levels through Gallows. Getting Almighty Amp is going to be a bitch, though.

Oh I know that, I thought you're using the Picaro Persona since the only way to get Spell Master's Skill Card is through that.

You level him up normally tho, ya?

how you get

The Queen's orders are absolute.

Lol the other guys' weapons are like "Sleep (Med)" or "High Critical (but low attack power)" but Makoto's like her gun "All Stat +10" and her melee is "High Critical (still with high attack power tho)" lol.

Like, really, ATLUS?

Jiraiza

But if the evasion you're getting is only about 50% or so, then going for firm stance, etc., might be a better deal. Are you not maxing out EN? You probably didn't need the MA and AGI stats to be above 89 as you get +10 all stats from equipment.

Itemize
Michael
(lv 87) Persona.

What equipment gives +10 stats? I have the Roland Medal but that's only +5. Divine Pillar works as a replacement for Firm Stance, though I end up losing the +5 stats there.

Endgame, I might just go Almighty Amp, Almighty Boost, Magic Ability, and just turn Arsene into an Almighty Persona. At that point, I can probably squeeze in Angelic Grace.

Edit: Oh, but Almighty Boost is DLC only. That's annoying.

Aselith

Lol the other guys' weapons are like "Sleep (Med)" or "High Critical (but low attack power)" but Makoto's like her gun "All Stat +10" and her melee is "High Critical (still with high attack power tho)" lol.

Like, really, ATLUS?

It's to make up for her being objectively, the worst.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's to make up for her being objectively, the worst.

You're alone in the whole wide world thinking that, hahaha.

Really, she gets Mediarahan, a severe Nuclear attack (tho it's such a colossal waste of her SP), the biggest SP pool even beyond characters like Ann and Morgana, Marakujaja, a curing spell for the most devastating status effect in this game, an all around stat so she can do whatever you assign her to be, plus her ultimate weapons dwarf all characters, even the MC.

It's cheating just how much of a boon having her in your main party is compared to any other character, hahaha.

Exentryk

What equipment gives +10 stats? I have the Roland Medal but that's only +5. Divine Pillar works as a replacement for Firm Stance, though I end up losing the +5 stats there.

Endgame, I might just go Almighty Amp, Almighty Boost, Magic Ability, and just turn Arsene into an Almighty Persona. At that point, I can probably squeeze in Angelic Grace.

Edit: Oh, but Almighty Boost is DLC only. That's annoying.

+5 from gun, +5 from Crystal Skull itemization. The Almighty passives can be gotten from network fusion (without DLC?)

duckroll

Why Raido in particular? Stuff like P3 and P1 are as well and the Raido costumes including the generic ones look pretty dope

Oh mainly because that was the one I was eyeing next to Catherine. I don't think it looks -bad- just that I'm sick of uniform DLC. As you said, all the Persona ones are like that, the SMT4 ones are like that. I already bought the P3 DLC, I don't need more generic uniforms on party members! I like characters looking different, which is why I want to buy a few packs with unique costumes for each person and then mixing and matching dungeon to dungeon.

Kindekuma

Banned
At the fifth palace. Liking the theme around this one. So far it's all been quite varied in themes.

I couldn't help but think earlier and laugh about the complete tonal shifts between P4 and P5 when it came to your guardians on the first day. P4 Dojima is like "sup dude have some take out sushi and chill at home, bed's ready for you". Compared to P5 where Sojiro threatens to throw you out for breathing in his direction and you gotta clean up and set up your room. Being glasses-kun is truly suffering. Swagtagonist had it so easy.

You're alone in the whole wide world thinking that, hahaha.

Really, she gets Mediarahan, a severe Nuclear attack (tho it's such a colossal waste of her SP), the biggest SP pool even beyond characters like Ann and Morgana, Marakujaja, a curing spell for the most devastating status effect in this game, an all around stat so she can do whatever you assign her to be, plus her ultimate weapons dwarf all characters, even the MC.

It's cheating just how much of a boon having her in your main party is compared to any other character, hahaha.

It's true. Never in Persona game have I ever actually wanted to use
canon wafu
in battle! I love you Makoto.

Aselith

Oh mainly because that was the one I was eyeing next to Catherine. I don't think it looks -bad- just that I'm sick of uniform DLC. As you said, all the Persona ones are like that, the SMT4 ones are like that. I already bought the P3 DLC, I don't need more generic uniforms on party members! I like characters looking different, which is why I want to buy a few packs with unique costumes for each person and then mixing and matching dungeon to dungeon.

But that Raidou costume! So snazzy.

cheesekao

canon wafu
in battle! I love you Makoto. Actually, the fact that she doesn't get an outfit in the Catherine DLC set is really a downer because she's more likely to be in my party than Ann (Or Ryuji..)
But she does?

Kindekuma

Banned
canon wafu
in battle! I love you Makoto. Actually, the fact that she doesn't get an outfit in the Catherine DLC set is really a downer because she's more likely to be in my party than Ann (Or Ryuji..)

She gets Katherine's outfit... All characters in your party get an outfit in that DLC pack.

Please, how many hours are left after
5th palace

I dunno, 40-50 more hours?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Maaaan, I'm heading into dungeon 7 for the first time with 4 days left feeling defeated. I tried to get all of the confidants maxed, which I did, with the exception of
Haru
, who is at rank 9 and ready to rank up, but she just wouldn't appear in the last few days. Feels bad. Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll have a day left after finishing the dungeon and she'll just be waiting for me. Boo.

Top Bottom