• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

How can I start Ann's confidant? It's been stuck at level 1 and she hasn't asked to hang out

You don't always need to wait for a text. When you have free time, hit the map; when you press Square, each location will show you who (if anyone) is available that day. Ann always hangs out in Shibuya's underground mall, so just highlight Shibuya in the map, hit Square, and see if Ann's name shows up.

This is assuming that you're literally at rank 1 with Ann (as in, you've already seen her first confidant event); if you actually mean that you haven't started her confidant stuff at all, then be aware that you'll need your kindness stat at level 2 to start her storyline.

I'm slightly concerned that I won't have the funds to keep doing higher and higher fusions at some point. So I'm worried I won't max the strength confidant and even worse, that I'll have to max out other confidants again so I have the chance to fuse the personas that are available from that.

EDIT: Thinking of dropping it to safety so I can make more money

Mementos is your friend. Abuse it when you can. Even if you don't use any exploits or tricks, you can make plenty of cash just getting as far into Mementos as you can every time you go down there. The Fortune confidant has an early ability that increases the amount of money you make that day, and the Sun confidant has shadow negotiation abilities that let you knock down shadows and then, instead of an all-out attack, allow you to milk them for money instead. There's also all the treasures you can sell, and if you go into Mementos on a rainy day, there are additional treasures and treasure shadows that are worth lots of XP/money.

And then, if you DO want to go nuts, there's always the confuse trick. In my NG+ playthrough I'm sitting on a cool 3.3 million yen.

vypek

I didn't use a guide or anything and managed all books, max stats, all requests and maxed all the confidants at the last possible day so it seems fairly lenient though still a close call.

But yeah you can keep the ability assuming you max the confidant originally, but you reset to level 1 so the fuse stuff is super pricey. Just pulling a persona you have registered isn't too much though so it's better to get a lot of that done before you finish.

What?! That is great news if I can fuse them later on NG+ without maxing again. I thought it was only available to fuse if you had the confidant at max. What a relief :)

Mementos is your friend. Abuse it when you can. Even if you don't use any exploits or tricks, you can make plenty of cash just getting as far into Mementos as you can every time you go down there. The Fortune confidant has an early ability that increases the amount of money you make that day, and the Sun confidant has shadow negotiation abilities that let you knock down shadows and then, instead of an all-out attack, allow you to milk them for money instead. There's also all the treasures you can sell, and if you go into Mementos on a rainy day, there are additional treasures and treasure shadows that are worth lots of XP/money.

And then, if you DO want to go nuts, there's always the confuse trick. In my NG+ playthrough I'm sitting on a cool 3.3 million yen.

Thanks. This is a good plan. I don't go to Mementos often at all since I've been trying to do a ton of social stuff and activities. I guess my next free rainy day I should go down there and use confuse on a boss then. And I think I do have another level that I can go deeper into at this point. I should use the Fortune arcana ability.

As far as the Sun arcana goes, what does it mean if the item or money option is in red text? And I can never tell if they will run away after I ask for money or will let me ask for even more.

I'm slightly concerned that I won't have the funds to keep doing higher and higher fusions at some point. So I'm worried I won't max the strength confidant and even worse, that I'll have to max out other confidants again so I have the chance to fuse the personas that are available from that.

EDIT: Thinking of dropping it to safety so I can make more money

Confuse some mementos bosses.

ffvorax

Charm I think it's medicinal bath or bath during rainy days.
Kindness via working at the flower shop and watching DVDs. You can also go to the diner to study and ask for the steak, it will raise kindness.

Not sure if there's a better wat for Kindness.

Never take a bath (in the game... :) ), so looks like I should start to. Thx

SenkiDala

Never take a bath (in the game... :) ), so looks like I should start to. Thx

Also care the plant in your room (it's "free" since it doesn't take any of your time) as often as you can, with the best products possible, I found some good ones (but expensive a bit) in Shinjuku in afternoon.

SenkiDala

These posts combined with others definitely make me feel less antsy about stuff in the game. I'm currently at Strength 4 and ready for 5 but I need two more levels on the main character cause of the level that the fusion will come out as

Yes, you of course need the right lvl to do the fusions, but except that it's nothing hard at all. About money I think lvl 4 to 10 took me around 200 000 yens but I fucked up (or effed up... :eek:) many times by buying the wrong personas or experimenting things, I think 100/150 is really enough for 4 to 10.

[Palace 4]
"Quicksand! Swim as fast as you can!" Now this monster cat is actively trying to get me killed. Everyone knows struggling in quicksand makes you sink faster. Joker has the WORST friends.

Griss

Man, I'm really close to getting most of my confidants maxed but feel like I'm probably very close to being out of time. Excluding ones that auto-rank-up, I've got two at level 9, and then one each at levels 8, 7 and 5 - the rest are max.

However I've just (near end game spoilers I'm guessing)
started the exams in December
and I feel like
the final boss / level / whatever it will be is right around the corner.
Considering I didn't use a guide at all I feel like I did pretty damn well, my biggest regrets are
not maxing Kawakami (she fucking hated all of my gifts, damn her)
and not
getting Guts to max level, locking me out of Iwai's ending too. Sojiro was the one I left behind, and I never finished Futaba or Yusuke, but I got so close with both.
Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. I live in hope - give me one more week!

If I had to do it all over again, I'd focus on
Kawakami.
I left her to the near the very end, only to find out that her abilities are absolutely essential, really. Shame.

SoulUnison

Banned
[11/22 SPOILERS]
[MAJOR PERSONA 4 SPOILERS]

Oh thank GOD Goro was a traitor. I was excited the entire game to have him joint the party since he was the one character I didn't know the costume, codename or Persona for, and the second he was available I HATED his outfit and Robin Hood's design.

Cute of Atlus, though, having a "traitorous" detective two games in a row.
I didn't suspect Akechi because he avoided most of the things that made me suspicious of Adachi in retrospect. We see a lot of his dealings with other characters, we see some of his thought and internal reasoning, he has a Social Link/is a Confidant, and his costume and Persona are so goody-two-shoes that I wrote him off as a threat.

But... Does this mean that I don't actually get a final party member? Haru was the last to join?
I have a suspicion that Sae might end up joining the party, but that's mostly wishful thinking.

nOoblet16

Man, I'm really close to getting most of my confidants maxed but feel like I'm probably very close to being out of time. Excluding ones that auto-rank-up, I've got two at level 9, and then one each at levels 8, 7 and 5 - the rest are max.

However I've just (near end game spoilers I'm guessing)
started the exams in December
and I feel like
the final boss / level / whatever it will be is right around the corner.
Considering I didn't use a guide at all I feel like I did pretty damn well, my biggest regrets are
not maxing Kawakami (she fucking hated all of my gifts, damn her)
and not
getting Guts to max level, locking me out of Iwai's ending too. Sojiro was the one I left behind, and I never finished Futaba or Yusuke, but I got so close with both.
Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. I live in hope - give me one more week!

You want an answer to that ?

Also because the perks carry over to NG+ and you can use them as soon as you meet the confidants it makes temper (Kawakami), Sun, Moon and Star really quite essential to gameplay in NG+

Sami+

[11/22 SPOILERS]
[MAJOR PERSONA 4 SPOILERS]

Oh thank GOD Goro was a traitor. I was excited the entire game to have him joint the party since he was the one character I didn't know the costume, codename or Persona for, and the second he was available I HATED his outfit and Robin Hood's design.

Cute of Atlus, though, having a "traitorous" detective two games in a row.
I didn't suspect Akechi because he avoided most of the things that made me suspicious of Adachi in retrospect. We see a lot of his dealings with other characters, we see some of his thought and internal reasoning, he has a Social Link/is a Confidant, and his costume and Persona are so goody-two-shoes that I wrote him off as a threat.

But... Does this mean that I don't actually get a final party member? Haru was the last to join?
I have a suspicion that Sae might end up joining the party, but that's mostly wishful thinking.

Saw "major persona 4 spoilers"

Somehow thought that meant this was safe to click without thinking of the date listed

I am a smart boy

vypek

Yes, you of course need the right lvl to do the fusions, but except that it's nothing hard at all. About money I think lvl 4 to 10 took me around 200 000 yens but I fucked up (or effed up... :eek:) many times by buying the wrong personas or experimenting things, I think 100/150 is really enough for 4 to 10.

Really? That is a hell of a lot less expensive than I thought it was going to be. Lol. I'm at least not struggling too much with money at the moment. Thought it would cost way more. I have a little over 100k right now so I might be okay. Do you remember around what day you progressed all the way to the last rank?

TheStig88

Persona 5 stole my heart and now I have this empty heart shaped hole in my heart as nothing compares.
I'm nearing the end of Palace
on my first run and I'm already starting to get antsy about it ending. NG+ just isn't the same. I hope it doesn't take Atlus another 10 years for Persona 6.

nOoblet16

Really not sure what will satisfy me this much until something like Ni no Kuni 2 comes out(not counting remasters)

Maybe I'll play Nocturne.

Oh man I HATED Ni No Kuni. I bought it after GAF sold it to me, then I started playing it and I just could not get into it...primary because of that battle music with its absolutely shit start. The battle system itself wasn't very good either.

I'm actually looking forward to playing some of these
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362947&page=1

Philippo

What if i finish
Sae's
Palace before the deadline? Do i still get to spend my days till the 20th like always or not since i know
you get arrested
?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
11/20
this twist sucks my nuts, way too easy to predict all of this. The wrap around made it too easy to piece together

If you somehow predicted
their entire plan around Joker getting shot
then you should have replaced the ingame fortune teller.
Akechi being a traitor is super obvious but that whole sequence and the way they play him plays out really well with the anime scene showing the suicide reactions leading to the Ryuji smirk. I thought I got a bad ending for awhile there.

If you somehow predicted
their entire plan around Joker getting shot
then you should have replaced the ingame fortune teller.
Akechi being a traitor is super obvious but that whole sequence and the way they play him plays out really well with the anime scene showing the suicide reactions leading to the Ryuji smirk. I thought I got a bad ending for awhile there.

the moment makoto brought up the stupid room when she handed the card and kept beating it in that it would be isolated, mixed with show him the phone. It was clever enough I wish the game hadn't laid it on so thick

Fighting the cleaner, it's been a real slog but I'm finally ONE HIT away from victory, his final move...
*casts mudon on Joker*

b6wE26d.gif

SenkiDala

Really? That is a hell of a lot less expensive than I thought it was going to be. Lol. I'm at least not struggling too much with money at the moment. Thought it would cost way more. I have a little over 100k right now so I might be okay. Do you remember around what day you progressed all the way to the last rank?

It was around November 20th, I was at lvl 54. ^^

EDIT: But I'm thinking, it all depends on how many persona you already captured/have, if you need to rebuy every persona it can be a lot, if they are in your "team" it will be less... But honestly 200K max would be ok I think!

vypek

It was around November 20th, I was at lvl 54. ^^

EDIT: But I'm thinking, it all depends on how many persona you already captured/have, if you need to rebuy every persona it can be a lot, if they are in your "team" it will be less... But honestly 200K max would be ok I think!

:) Thanks. I'm in late July at level 27 so it looks like there is quite a bit of time left for me so I don't have to stress myself out on this.

Vanadium

Palace 7 Big Spoilers:
ATLUS PLZ IF YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE ME 3 UNEXPECTED BOSS FIGHTS IN A ROW AT LEAST LET ME SAVE. I was playing through Palace 7 and thought "okay I'll go get the last letter of recommendation then go to bed"
So I do so, then try to leave the room to go save, and a big cut scene happens and then a boss fight. I beat the boss, and then ANOTHER big cut scene and ANOTHER even bigger boss fight starts. At this point I just turned off the console since I had to leave and I'm guessing that after that boss there would be even more cut scenes. Couldn't do rest mode either because I had to move my PS4. Ugh. I'll just replay it tomorrow I guess.

You may expect this to happen again...

Really not sure what will satisfy me this much until something like Ni no Kuni 2 comes out(not counting remasters)

Maybe I'll play Nocturne.

You should! Still the best SMT.

I can't wait for Ni no Kuni 2. I gotta feeling it's gonna be DC2 levels of special. Which is really special. I doubt we're getting it this year tho :(

Three of my ideas are in this game. Don't know if my past forum posts were inspiration haha or if it's just blind luck and me and the Persona staff think alike.

* Mobile phone being the way to enter Shadow World and social media being a key part of the story
* SMT mainline style negotiations with monsters
* Shadow World on the train metro (My idea was a Persona game set in London where the equivelant of "going into the TV" would be going through the Underground tunnels".

Talk about a game delivering.

Top Bottom