• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Opa-Pa

12/24 question
I'm assuming approaching that giant brain thing triggers the end of the game, right? No turning back after it, no more dungeon, safe rooms oe chances to grind, correct?

ShadyK54

Palace 5 done!

YOOO MYSTERIOUS (TOTALLY AKECHI) FIGURE

Edit: Nice, two weeks to mess around. Makoto relationship is in sight.

Guess Who

Banned
12/24 question
I'm assuming approaching that giant brain thing triggers the end of the game, right? No turning back after it, no more dungeon, safe rooms oe chances to grind, correct?

If you want a direct answer -
if you are at the end of Mementos Depths, just outside of a safe room leading down to what I believe you are calling a "giant brain thing" , that is not the end of the game or your last chance to grind.

Opa-Pa

If you want a direct answer -
if you are at the end of Mementos Depths, just outside of a safe room leading down to what I believe you are calling a "giant brain thing" , that is not the end of the game or your last chance to grind.

Oh, yeah that's what I was talking about. All the better then, thanks for the clarification.

Jiraiza

TFh2nvw.jpg

I highly recommend sitting on the toilet while doing Network Fusions, it may increase your likelihood of getting those exclusive passive skills. You heard it here first.

ChrisD

idk why but that portrait is cracking me up.

Beat Palace 7. Took over ten hours to do, but I did it in the minimum time possible! Two real life days of way too much play. Wasn't really a fan of the dungeon, but I take back what I said in an earlier post that it was worse than 7. Sure, it was hallways and more hallways, but having a straightforward dungeon was pretty nice. It felt like finishing a "level" as opposed to going through a smaller dungeon that interweaves. It was a refreshing change. No real puzzles or anything, just you, the enemies, and your limited resources (Even counting the SP Bracelet!) throughout the path from A to B.

Also it had hype music all the way through, and then
Rivers in the Desert
did not disappoint even one bit. I used a Soma in the final bit, but I actually think I could have squeaked by.. Hrmm. That was my last one, too. Used the first of my two just a bit beforehand on
the Akechi gauntlet.
Really didn't need to use that one... :x

The anime plot armor is strong! But I'm glad. Ryuji is one of my favorites. As is Sojiro.

Frikkin Youtube thumbnails. Just got spoiled on a secret boss while trying to listen to the spoilered song up there. The vid is flat out titled, "Persona 5 Secret Boss Fight ******" with the name in place of the asterisks, of course.

Yu Narukami

That scene when you fail the deadline of the 5th Palace was totally unexpected lol.
Palace 5 done!

YOOO MYSTERIOUS (TOTALLY AKECHI) FIGURE

Edit: Nice, two weeks to mess around. Makoto relationship is in sight.

I am at the same point as you, after Palace 5 spoiler,
wouldn't that be too obvious? I thought the same but hope there is a twist.

RalchAC

idk why but that portrait is cracking me up.

Beat Palace 7. Took over ten hours to do, but I did it in the minimum time possible! Two real life days of way too much play. Wasn't really a fan of the dungeon, but I take back what I said in an earlier post that it was worse than 7. Sure, it was hallways and more hallways, but having a straightforward dungeon was pretty nice. It felt like finishing a "level" as opposed to going through a smaller dungeon that interweaves. It was a refreshing change. No real puzzles or anything, just you, the enemies, and your limited resources (Even counting the SP Bracelet!) throughout the path from A to B.

Also it had hype music all the way through, and then
Rivers in the Desert
did not disappoint even one bit. I used a Soma in the final bit, but I actually think I could have squeaked by.. Hrmm. That was my last one, too. Used the first of my two just a bit beforehand on
the Akechi gauntlet.
Really didn't need to use that one... :x

The anime plot armor is strong! But I'm glad. Ryuji is one of my favorites. As is Sojiro.

Frikkin Youtube thumbnails. Just got spoiled on a secret boss while trying to listen to the spoilered song up there. The vid is flat out titled, "Persona 5 Secret Boss Fight ******" with the name in place of the asterisks, of course.

I think part of the problem is that they made the dungeons thinking most people would clear them in 2 days. But after a while the Temperance Arcana can make you Leblanc Coffee, you have Adhesive 3 and the Empress arcana perks, so you can do them in one day.

The dungeon puzzles felt like they overstayed their welcome a bit. Usually, near the end of the dungeon, they have the same puzzle with a "twist" one last time, but I feel there is a bit too much fat between the first and the last time you have them.

The dungeons I cleared in two real life days (first half at night, then went to bed, second half next day in the afternoon) didn't feel as boring.

I thought it was quite thematically fitting how the part turned into
rats
in that Palace.

Opa-Pa

Uuh 12/24
So Caroline and Justine fused back together, and this wasn't a surprise at all because I had already seen their true form before in this thread.
.. Some user had her as their avatar, talk about inconsiderate >_>

ChrisD

I think part of the problem is that they made the dungeons thinking most people would clear them in 2 days. But after a while the Temperance Arcana can make you Leblanc Coffee, you have Adhesive 3 and the Empress arcana perks, so you can do them in one day.

The dungeon puzzles felt like they overstayed their welcome a bit. Usually, near the end of the dungeon, they have the same puzzle with a "twist" one last time, but I feel there is a bit too much fat between the first and the last time you have them.

The dungeons I cleared in two real life days (first half at night, then went to bed, second half next day in the afternoon) didn't feel as boring.

I thought it was quite thematically fitting how the part turned into
rats
in that Palace.

I don't mind playing through the dungeons in one day, be they four hours, or be they ten. Like you, I did divide them between real life days - so as to keep them more fresh. As, even though it may be against the dev's intentions, personally I wouldn't find as much fun doing them in multiple game days. After the first Palace when items were scarce I've done every single one in minimum time. And that's the way they "should" be if I want the funnest time, because I don't really like juggling the two different game types. Love them both, but one at a time, I suppose.
When I said too much time I just meant I spent too much time playing games. Just to fully clarify that. ^^

I actually have never even made use of the Coffee thing. Empress did come in handy, but not being able to use those items in battle meant they didn't come in as much use as they would have otherwise.

The Palace gimmick was really fitting from a thematic standpoint, it just repeated one too many, imo.

ShadyK54

Yeeeah, MC got with best girl. What a Phantom Thieves power couple lol.

I am at the same point as you, after Palace 5 spoiler,
wouldn't that be too obvious? I thought the same but hope there is a twist.

You're right, given that we see him in the vicinity of the group when they first go to the palace, which presumably means he's transported as well, just like Ann and Futaba (Yusuke, too, but I don't remember with him). Don't know who it could be if this goes down a twist route, though. Unless it happens to be a character that has yet to be introduced.

Question:
Can you fight the mini-bosses at Mementos another time?

Is it worth doing the confusion money farm earlier in the game? I am lvl 19 and I cannot yet use Ame no Uzume to fuse with Okotomari(?) to create Sandman. (If question 1 is NO then likely this one is a not as well, otherwise would waste boss for little payout).

I also REALLY DISLIKE how they introduced Palace 3 and immediately force you into a fight without warning. I was not prepared because I was waiting to fuse better persona and to grind a bit as soon as I unlocked the Palace. Died 3x and only won because I used Pulinpa on the minions, otherwise Rampage was murdering the party.

I think I reached the best part of the game, pinnacle comedic moment.

Late November Spoilers

*Akechi shoots a guard and is about to kill me*
*My bond with Akechi has grown deeper*
*Triumphant Music plays*
Yosh!

Corpekata

Banned
How long is the final dungeon compared to others? Just started but wanna get my bearings.

Really liked the game overall but kinda just want it to be over now and if it's as big as some of the later Palaces I might put it off for a day or two.

Dugna

Late November Spoilers

*Triumphant Music plays*
Yosh!

gets better further on, persona has always had some funny things like in P4 "You and your friends have saved the world and have gained the ultimate power, TO SUMMON LUCIFER *Yay!!!!*"

RalchAC

I don't mind playing through the dungeons in one day, be they four hours, or be they ten. Like you, I did divide them between real life days - so as to keep them more fresh. As, even though it may be against the dev's intentions, personally I wouldn't find as much fun doing them in multiple game days. After the first Palace when items were scarce I've done every single one in minimum time. And that's the way they "should" be if I want the funnest time, because I don't really like juggling the two different game types. Love them both, but one at a time, I suppose.
When I said too much time I just meant I spent too much time playing games. Just to fully clarify that. ^^

I actually have never even made use of the Coffee thing. Empress did come in handy, but not being able to use those items in battle meant they didn't come in as much use as they would have otherwise.

The Palace gimmick was really fitting from a thematic standpoint, it just repeated one too many, imo.

Me neither to the Coffee or Curry thing. It's a secret Coffee family recipe, I'm not teaching an outsider how to make it :p

I kind of felt bad asking the Conf to do the chores honestly. Only used the level 10 perk and the washing machine twice.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How long is the final dungeon compared to others? Just started but wanna get my bearings.

Really liked the game overall but kinda just want it to be over now and if it's as big as some of the later Palaces I might put it off for a day or two.

Regarding the
steal the heart etc etc part

5 hours till the end

ChrisD

Late November Spoilers

*Triumphant Music plays*
Yosh!

Yeeeees
My brother and I were cracking up. He doesn't even play these games, but he caught just how (hilariously) out of place it was!

December

Where the hell is Ryuji? I have him, Ann, Haru and Shinya left to max but he hasn't appeared so far and I don't want him to screw my schedule :x

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
50 hours in

4th palace down

2dd.jpg

The going is getting so good.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeeeees
My brother and I were cracking up. He doesn't even play these games, but he caught just how (hilariously) out of place it was!

Even before that I laughed at

Your bond with Sae has increased!

YOU CAN NOW FUSE SATAN

They clearly missed an opportunity with the Judgment arcana to have it be like this:
You forge the bond and the game skips into the future like it always does and have Sae say like "Clearly you have someone helping you recollect your memories in a detailed manner. Who is this person?! Tell me!"

when theres no school you can find him in the Arcade, try there.
I always check up Shibuya to see if he's there but only Ann (and Yusuke)
has appeared so far :/ I guess he's locked till I do Shido's dungeon, but is it until I reach the treasure or until I send the calling card/defeat the boss?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I always check up Shibuya to see if he's there but only Ann (and Yusuke)
has appeared so far :/ I guess he's locked till I do Shido's dungeon, but is it until I reach the treasure or until I send the calling card/defeat the boss?

If you hit square on the map you can see the names of people in that area at the moment to easily see without searching.

AFAIK he should just show up whenever though, the only time party members won't show up is post-dungeon pre-calling card.

If you hit square on the map you can see the names of people in that area at the moment to easily see without searching.

AFAIK he should just show up whenever though, the only time party members won't show up is post-dungeon pre-calling card.
My bad, that's what I was refering to. I have some save files just in case but I've gone up to
the 7th and every party member except Ryuji has appeared in the map or called me. I've counted the necessary days for me to max all my confidants and it's possible to do it but Ryuji could mess it all up. If it's not related to the dungeon, then is it because I did his Rank 7 Event a little too late? (11/30)

Edit: Was just skipping days sleeping to see which Confidants popped out and wow, if you go to sleep directly during After School the MC may have a dream about someone and feel closer to them (double edit: it just happened on the evening too huh)

Link_enfant

I have just finished the second palace (
Madarame's Museum
, which looked really great imo), now waiting for the deadline and change of heart to happen.

I was wondering if you could change the team leader and control another character (at least in palaces/
mementos
) at some point?
A lot of JRPGs allow this and I've always enjoyed being able to do it.

Please avoid any story spoilers of course :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Got damn ! some of the personas with the super high stats being posted above !

I'm just leveling up my queen mab by sacrificing pleb personas every day. If nothing, Ryuji's insta kill ability at least makes it real easy to fill your persona roster.

So, uh

Am I just unlucky, or can I not save scum the Guardian at the fishing pond?

I've been reloading a rainy day save and it looks like I'm not getting any changes in fish.

Are there specific days it appears? Am I doing something wrong?

Yu Narukami

So, uh

Am I just unlucky, or can I not save scum the Guardian at the fishing pond?

I've been reloading a rainy day save and it looks like I'm not getting any changes in fish.

Are there specific days it appears? Am I doing something wrong?
It has to be torrential rain afaik.
Edit, apparently not, sorry.

Mailbox

I made some great progress on Palace 7 only to then fight a
king frost
and get my ass handed to be by bufudyne. I didn't save or go to a safe room all that time.

Hours gone ;_;
At least i know what to do now

Zafir

It has to be torrential rain afaik.

It doesn't.

I did that trophy in December. First rainy night I came across and it was in the pond already when I arrived.

Someone did mention you might have to fish a few times to get it to show up.

I have just finished the second palace (
Madarame's Museum
, which looked really great imo), now waiting for the deadline and change of heart to happen.

I was wondering if you could change the team leader and control another character (at least in palaces/
mementos
) at some point?
A lot of JRPGs allow this and I've always enjoyed being able to do it.

Please avoid any story spoilers of course :)

You can't change leader, no.

LiK

Did you not get the scene with Ryuji and Kawakami?

That unlocks it. You can also read a book, but well, the scenes pretty funny so.

I don't remember. But since I'm gonna go 100% for my second run, I should be able to see it. I def missed out on a bunch of stuff first time around.

Top Bottom