• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

LotusHD

Banned
Maybe I accidentally overleveled a bit but I don't see what's the problem with Palace 5 enemies? I don't recall any instant kill enemies like Anubis and Skudi

I just didn't like that I basically had to refrain from ever using physical attacks, and focus more on my magic skills. Even with the SP regenerator, I nearly ran out. It wasn't like super horrendous for me personally, but I did die like twice...

Holy shit is the tail end of Palace 7 insane

Have to fight the Cleaner's Goons, then the Cleaner, then Akechi's goons, then Akechi, then Akechi again, and all without a savepoint/almost no time to heal. Was the first time in the entire game I had to sue a Soma. Shit was intense.

Maybe I accidentally overleveled a bit but I don't see what's the problem with Palace 5 enemies? I don't recall any instant kill enemies like Anubis and Skudi that have no weaknesses

I found the enemies groups you encounter were far more deliberately designed to drain on your SP reserve more than in previous dungeons, but according to the Network feature I was a few levels below average so I'm guessing that played a part with mine. Going into that palace without Nuke, Curse, Psi and Holy on tap was a nightmare at first.

For me it wasn't so much the enemies that were annoying it was the Palace's mechanics.

Even then though the only one I thought was annoying because it took be awhile to solve the pattern was the final
airlock
puzzle. Everything up to that point was smooth sailing.

I heard some people had problems with the
timer
puzzle, but all you need to do is to kill all the enemy in advance before doing it.

R0ckman

Holy shit is the tail end of Palace 7 insane

Have to fight the Cleaner's Goons, then the Cleaner, then Akechi's goons, then Akechi, then Akechi again, and all without a savepoint/almost no time to heal. Was the first time in the entire game I had to sue a Soma. Shit was intense.

Every cleaner goon encounter can be completed in one turn using bless insta-kill all

Eh
so I'm screwed... so maxing out Slinks is easier in a NG+

Guess I'll do this in the inevitable updated release of the game

I hustled the fuck out of that last month. I still have 7 days left, but I think i'll be able to have had maxed out all but 3 of my S. Links. Could've done them all if I spent less time in Palaces/ leveled up Kawakami and the Fortune up first.

I just didn't like that I basically had to refrain from ever using physical attacks, and focus more on my magic skills. Even with the SP regenerator, I nearly ran out. It wasn't like super horrendous for me personally, but I did die like twice...

I found the enemies groups you encounter were far more deliberately designed to drain on your SP reserve more than in previous dungeons, but according to the Network feature I was a few levels below average so I'm guessing that played a part with mine. Going into that palace without Nuke, Curse, Psi and Holy on tap was a nightmare at first.

I see, well for me at that point I had bought SP+ Regen 3 accessories for my entire party and I rotate baton between my party members with the respective weakness elements to share the SP load, so it never became an issue.

LotusHD

Banned
I see, well for me at that point I had bought SP+ Regen 3 accessories for my entire party and I rotate baton between my party members with the respective weakness elements to share the SP load, so it never became an issue.

So did I, did the dungeon in one go as well. I'm just saying, I get why people didn't look like that palace lol

Jiraiza

It's a crime that screenshots are blocked from taking those to use as wallpaper.

Paix1vE.jpg

Very classy, I like it.

God help me, GAF, the inevitable addictive gameplay P5 loop has completely kicked in. Time management should not be so much fun.

Wow, watching Daybreakers was a total waste of 25 mins. Why are all Persona anime so worthless? :(

Only redeemable moment of Daybreakers was Yusuke artfully framing the MC:

tumblr_inline_ocxjrfwCJh1rjjpav_540.jpg

Atlus, you're so cruel, sigh.

Hylian7

Post 3rd dungeon and deadline:
Are they ever going to address who the "higher ups" Kaneshiro was talking about when he got the calling card?
Is it just implied they are the SIU Director, and likely Akechi?

I mean, the re-release is gonna start you off with 0 stats again.
yes but knowing the game a little better I'll manage my time better too like I did in P4 Golden :)

I hustled the fuck out of that last month. I still have 7 days left, but I think i'll be able to have had maxed out all but 3 of my S. Links. Could've done them all if I spent less time in Palaces/ leveled up Kawakami and the Fortune up first.
And I still have Guts and Kindness to get to level 5
And Haru is at level 2 lol ;_;

PK Gaming

5th dungeon stuff

Doctor Who bots, woah.

The music is pretty catchy, and the doors opening automatically is the best thing.

Maybe I accidentally overleveled a bit but I don't see what's the problem with Palace 5 enemies? I don't recall any instant kill enemies like Anubis and Skudi that have no weaknesses

I agree. A lot were saying how difficult it was but I found the 3rd palace more difficult. I've said this a lot of times but Swift Strike from MC and Ryuji is enough to clear almost all the palaces for me.

R0ckman

This game was in development for a long time buts its really creepy how it released just at a time where it can be extremely relevant to recent events.

Are they ever going to address who the "higher ups" Kaneshiro was talking about when he got the calling card?

Post 5th dungeon: Spoiler won't give any plot details itself, just my thoughts.

The SIU Director does repeatedly come up in scenes in the story as you've already seen, and he does have links to the school at the very least, but I got the impression Kaneshiro was simply referring to other gangsters above him.

yes but knowing the game a little better I'll manage my time better too like I did in P4 Golden :)

And I still have Guts and Kindness to get to level 5
And Haru is at level 2 lol ;_;

Well Haru was at level 3 for me when I was in your position and I maxed her out so you can definitely do it. They give you a lot of free time during that last month so you can do quite a bit as long as you focus on S.Links.

Yes. One think I love about this game is that little plotpoints that you think are throwaways or will never get answered. Always get answered.

Where can I improve kindness during the day? I know about the plant at night.

The florist in the Underground Mall is designed to increase your Kindness with each shift, and is easy to get to even in the early game. Aside from that, eating steak at the diner doubles up as a boost to Knowledge and Kindness from the very first time you gain access to it.

Dabi

I ended up missing the showa holiday due to being behind on my dungeon crawling lol, does anything significant happen on that day?

Salaadin

Can someone explain Futaba to me?

She can't equip weapons? Can I even put her on my team? Does she act like a Rise character...only providing Intel and support from the back?

According to that spoilerfree guide on gamefaqs Ann should be available on 6/6, but I can't find her hmmm.

Even with this game coming out in Japan last year, I'm being a touch sceptical of following guide just yet. I keep reading elsewhere and here about certain confidants just not being available at times, and it still may be too soon for certain FAQs to have all variables accounted for.

Man as much as I love this game, I don't know how so many of you guys are starting a NG+ so soon. I need a loooong break before I replay this again. This game has pretty much consumed my life these past 2 weeks to the point that I was dreaming about it.

CSX

Just finished the game. Game says it took 110 hours but take away a few due to afk.

My god what a fantastic game. Just like with Persona 4, I feel a bit sad that the story is over since the main cast was so much fun to see and watch develop.

NG+ in the future to get that 100% compendium and all maxed confidants :D.

Then in two years, we will have Persona 5 Golden or something like that lol

Top Bottom