• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

I've completed the 2nd Palace. I'm in the time when the team is searching for a new target
and right now, I went to the TV station in the school trip

It was around about that time, Morgana simply states he wants to take the thieves to a location - in fact I think there is a conversation about looking for a target, and then goes onto explain Mementos in the subway before taking you there if I remember correctly. Mementos also plays host to targets on the Phan-site ran Mishima, so perhaps if he hasn't made noises about running that yet then it may be too early. Hope this helps!

Aenima

Can someone explain Futaba to me?

She can't equip weapons? Can I even put her on my team? Does she act like a Rise character...only providing Intel and support from the back?

Yes shes a Navigator only, shes always on your team but not in the battlefield. Her persona skills are activated randomly during battles. So dont bother equipping any good armor or acessories on her cuz she dont needs them.

Megasoum

Banned
All the cinematics where a character discover his/her persona for the first time are so fucking painful to watch lol...
So much face ripping!

All the cinematics where a character discover his/her persona for the first time are so fucking painful to watch lol...
So much face ripping!

Except Yusuke, he took his like a champ.

Edit: to be fair though,
his nails scraping blood actually feels even more raw than the mask ripping.

Hi guys,

I'm about to start a playthrough of Persona 3 Portable, I've never played a Persona game before, what are some things I should know going into it?

P3P has a different format from other Personas because of the female protagonist that was added. Like, you don't walk around like in other Persona games, instead just instantly travelling to locations--it's kind of visual novel-y; this was a compromise to allow unique story elements for both genders (and some exclusive Social Links). Also, you can fully control all party members, which was impossible in regular P3.

My one gameplay tip is to not worry about grinding. Just get to the top of Tartarus. It is big and you'll have plenty of opportunities for levelling, Persona gathering, and loot gathering. Also watch out for charm.

And a good tip that helped me out for the final boss (and saved a lot of fuss) was to get an Abaddon. You'll know what you need from him when you get it.

Good luck. It's a great journey.

Jintor

nearly wiped to a mass sleep that took out my entire party and let titania just dump nukes on my entire party for technicals

Thud

Asking again because it seems like
I actually won't be able to do stuff after sending the calling card...

It's not a point of no return. If you're referring to (december spoilers)
Shido's Palace

Partymembers confidants are locked until you send the calling card though.

PK Gaming

That did happen to me once. It was pretty funny; I forgot that despair inevitably lead to you succumbing to it.

cSTfA0N.png

It's honestly my favorite status effect

ramyeon

That did happen to me once. It was pretty funny; I forgot that despair inevitably lead to you succumbing to it.
There's a chance you don't, but it's small. I got ambushed by a group of 3 Arahabaki that just spammed party wise despair moves over and over again, couldn't get anyone cured and with a turn up for long enough to take them out. So dumb. There's nothing you can do about it.

It's not a point of no return. If you're referring to (december spoilers)
Shido's Palace

Partymembers confidants are locked until you send the calling card though.

What do you mean by locked? I was doing Confidants (included some party memembers) before I sent out the Calling card. But after I send the calling card/Beat Shido will I still be able to level Confidants?

Zafir

Entire party despair is a fucking bullshit mechanic that shouldn't exist.

Yep. I had that happen in dungeon 5. I was just about to get the
final ID
, and it happened. I didn't even know despair killed you after 3 turns up until that point.

It's probably the reason I hate dungeon 5 so much, lol. Doing that
ID
thing is kind of boring the first time, never mind having to redo it over.
futaba's goddamn map ability hasn't activated for 20 floors

I actually didn't even have that skill. So I had to just run through the map trying to find the exit. Used the Star's ambush escape if I accidentally got hit.

Vic_Viper

Is there a way to check your progress for the book your reading in the menu at any time? Can't remember if I finished the last one I picked up or not.

Nemesis_

futaba's goddamn map ability hasn't activated for 20 floors

I would just enter and exit the floor multiple times until it activated. Sometimes I just ran through a floor because I figured it was faster than just entering and exiting.

But yeah, I never found mementos to be a drag.

About 10 hours in. Just finished the first dungeon. Loving it so far. I really like how streamlined it is in general with the auto-picking weaknesses mechanic and jumping to various parts of the dungeon using safe rooms. The stealth aspects of it aren't annoying at all which was a worry of mine.

Do not like that calling cards will waste 2 whole days. Seriously WTF!

12/24 spoiler question:

I lied, this isn't a question.
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
THAT'S WHY IGOR'S VOICE IS DIFFERENT
HOLY SHIT

The fact that the "fighting back against abuses of power" theme extends to THE FUCKING VELVET ROOM, of all things, is one of my favourite thematic beats of the story.

Ramma2

Hey folks if I clear a dungeon before the deadline, do I lose the remaining days? Or am I free to do whatever until the cutoff.

Rigalo

P3P has a different format from other Personas because of the female protagonist that was added. Like, you don't walk around like in other Persona games, instead just instantly travelling to locations--it's kind of visual novel-y; this was a compromise to allow unique story elements for both genders (and some exclusive Social Links). Also, you can fully control all party members, which was impossible in regular P3.

My one gameplay tip is to not worry about grinding. Just get to the top of Tartarus. It is big and you'll have plenty of opportunities for levelling, Persona gathering, and loot gathering. Also watch out for charm.

And a good tip that helped me out for the final boss (and saved a lot of fuss) was to get an Abaddon. You'll know what you need from him when you get it.

Good luck. It's a great journey.

Thank you!

duckroll

Fuck hiding side S-Links behind this bullshit. Completely goes against the point of SL. SMH.

On the other hand party SL are pretty great at avoiding that shit.

That's why they're not Social Links in Persona 5. Instead of an emphasis on the social aspect, they are clearly designed as Confidants who act as auxiliary support for the player's illicit activities. This is why now every single Confidant has very useful actual gameplay bonuses, and they hammer it over your head with the interrogation stuff each time you gain a new one. Unless Persona 3 and 4 where the majority were just friends you made out of your own initiative, in Persona 5 the theme is about give and take, and you befriend people because you find them useful. So it makes sense that some progression will tie in with actual game progression or other actions. If you want to take, you gotta give.

Szadek

Status update:
11/8, just entered Memento to finish 5 requests, still need to max out guts, but shouldn't take much longer.

Still need 23 rank ups at day and 24 at night (this includes 0.5 ranks)
Thanks to fortune all of them are about to get a new level (and almost always will be).
Unless I made a huge mistake, still should be more than enough time.

I already maxed Temps. and Sun, Chariot is at 8 and Moon at 9.

Although, empress is still at 1. Really need to get start working on that one.
My second lowest is Devil, because she is so borng.

darkwing

are there consequences if you romance everyone?

is it like the previous Persona? probably worth it for the confrontation scene lol

Salaadin

I enjoy Mementos. The song gets boring after a while but it's easy exp, money, and fusions. Spent almost 4 hours in there tonight.

Szadek

are there consequences if you romance everyone?

is it like the previous Persona? probably worth it for the confrontation scene lol
Nope.
I belive in P3 the girl got made if their SL wasn't at 10 and you romanced some else at the same time, but once you made it that far you could do whatever you want.

A.J.

Banned
Are you sure? I was able to max out both Haru's and Futuba's S.Link in December though, before I even started doing the palace.

This is only for the inbetween of sending the calling card and fighting the boss. I thought you were referring to that.

Ponn

Banned
I blew off
Yusuke
sitting at Leblanc with a dvd to hang out with
Makoto
instead. I was fully expecting to come back that night and see him still sitting at the table oblivious as usual. He wasn't, he is learning.

Top Bottom