• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

NullMoon

Neo Member
When can I get the Crystal Skull? Currently on 12/13 right now.
Mementos Path of Sheriruth. I got mine on floor 12, Make sure you have Touryou (Skill Gotten from Star S.Link that allows you to escape any battle) use a treasure trap and then find a treasure demon and initiate battle if it's not that right Treasure Demon you are looking for then run from the battle. Don't worry if it disappears, now go initiate a fight with any enemy and immediately escape the battle and return to where you found the treasure demon and he will have respawned. Initiate battle again and if not him rinse an repeat the same steps until the correct Treasure Demon you are looking for spawns.

Jiraiza

Mementos Path of Sheriruth. I got mine on floor 12, Make sure you have Touryou (Skill Gotten from Star S.Link that allows you to escape any battle) use a treasure trap and then find a treasure demon and initiate battle if it's not that right Treasure Demon you are looking for then run from the battle. Don't worry if it disappears, now go initiate a fight with any enemy and immediately escape the battle and return to where you found the treasure demon and he will have respawned. Initiate battle again and if not him rinse an repeat the same steps until the correct Treasure Demon you are looking for spawns.

Yeah, I got one just now. Thanks.

batfax

If there's someone I'd like to care about P2 more it's Atlus, would it really kill them to put at least one character from it in crossovers? Throw us a bone!

Fingers crossed for P5's inevitable slew of crossovers. With a pretty recurring theme of going against adults, some older versions of returning characters would fit right in.

Is there a way to go back and get a missed Persona for the wardens? By the time I found out how to fuse Shiisaa, I had long passed the palace that had the Personas needed.

Hyoukokun

Is there a way to go back and get a missed Persona for the wardens? By the time I found out how to fuse Shiisaa, I had long passed the palace that had the Personas needed.
You can summon persona from the compendium to fuse (and repeat as many times as necessary, if you are missing constituent parts as well). If you'd rather not spend the time summoning your whole back catalog, there is a fusion calculator out there that will tell you what you need to fuse to get specific personas.

edit: also, early levels of Mementos will have the personas from the corresponding palaces.

NullMoon

Neo Member
And wow, so many locations I haven't found yet. I have dots, but no place. That is with 90 hours of playing.
If you don't know most are unlocked by hanging out with certain confidants when they invite you out. Alternatively you can unlock locations from reading books you can purchase on Central Street.

Dave1988

OH MAH GAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Jiraiza

12/15:

With my stats and all Confidants maxed, there's like nothing to do except maybe like fishing or something. What a weird feeling.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
What have I done!?

2/15 evening

Fucking lololololol. I thought I got away scot free for my deplorable behavior and I definitely didn't. Good on you, game.

Just hit level 20 at the third dungeon. I feel extremely underleveled, I just barely made it to the first safe room. Should I grind in
mementos
?

Will this game get a FES/directors cut?

Better to not expect nothing and if it happens be pleasantly surprised. Game is content complete and I guess if it happens it's by whoever is free at P-studios since Hashino and everyone else are working on that new IP.

Probably spinoffs and a fighting game is most likely.

Zafir

What have I done!?

2/15 evening

Fucking lololololol. I thought I got away scot free for my deplorable behavior and I definitely didn't. Good on you, game.

To be fair, you kind of do get away scot-free.

Sojiro talks to them and they've completely forgotten about it by the time you talk to them on the day of your departure....

Just hit level 20 at the third dungeon. I feel extremely underleveled, I just barely made it to the first safe room. Should I grind in
mementos
?

IMO you're only a bit underleveled if you just started palace 3. Try to gain about 10 levels each palace. You don't have to stick hard and fast to this rule, but it helps. Make sure your gear is up to date, too.

pelicansurf

To be fair, you kind of do get away scot-free.

Sojiro talks to them and they've completely forgotten about it by the time you talk to them on the day of your departure....
Yeah, I'm there now, but at least they made an effort to put you in your place and at least shame you / make you feel bad. One of the legitimately funniest moments in the game👌

RPGCrazied

No confirmation I know of, but people are already speculating it. Eh, I could see it.

Better to not expect nothing and if it happens be pleasantly surprised. Game is content complete and I guess if it happens it's by whoever is free at P-studios since Hashino and everyone else are working on that new IP.

Probably spinoffs and a fighting game is most likely.

Yeah, they are probably making a fighting/dancing game. Ugh. Do people really like those? I want more jrpg goodness.

They'll respawn any time you pass a loading zone basically. In other words if you get a black screen going into an area. The problem with Dungeon 7's
rat hallways
is, there's a lot of random loading zones when you pass through doors. I can only imagine this happened because it was originally made for PS3, and the PS3 couldn't handle the entire area being loaded.

I think it's what makes the sections seem worse than they actually are, really.

okay, this makes sense. it was definitely the worst single area for this in the whole game :) ...

RPGCrazied

I can't believe how long this game is

I love it - but I cannot believe how long it is

Yeah, just beat it today. Been playing almost everyday since earlier this month. I wish it had more voice acting, but I can understand seeing how large the game is.

IMO you're only a bit underleveled if you just started palace 3. Try to gain about 10 levels each palace. You don't have to stick hard and fast to this rule, but it helps. Make sure your gear is up to date, too.

Good to know that I'm not WAY off. I have some outstanding contracts in
mementos
which I'm going to clear out. I let like 4 build up.

Best OST for me since Tropical Freeze, easily.

Shoutouts to the cutscene/dialogue themes. Alleycat and Sunset Bridge (da real GOAT you guys be sleepin') bring the feels like crazy. edit - Confession/Secret too fuckkkk

Yeah I really love all those songs haha.

I'm only six hours into Persona 4 but the tunes so far aren't half as good as the ones I heard in Persona 5! This might be blasphemy to some users here I don't know haha.

I love that Morgana has that smug grin in his portrait everytime he insults Ryuji.

Realizing that Akechi and Tuxedo Mask (in the most recent dub) have the same voice actor was great because it had been nagging at me for the longest that Akechi had the same voice and mannerisms as some character I couldn't place.

RPGCrazied

About Igor

I like how they change Igor's voice at the end of the game after you learn the real reason why it was so deep.

Bladenic

I love that Morgana has that smug grin in his portrait everytime he insults Ryuji.

Realizing that Akechi and Tuxedo Mask (in the most recent dub) have the same voice actor was great because it had been nagging at me for the longest that Akechi had the same voice and mannerisms as some character I couldn't place.

Makoto is played by Sailor Venus!

pelicansurf

Just beat the game at 110 hours. Team was at level 80, personal stats maxed, all confidants maxed. I need a bit more time to formulate my thoughts, but what an incredible journey and I'm a bit sad that it's all over.

It doesn't even feel fair to compare it to Persona 4, since they're both such different experiences. Good bye, game. Literally took over my life for a bit over a month and shifted my perspective on the world.

GG.

Top Bottom