• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Just beat the game, man I think that was my GoaT. Didn't do that well with confidants, only maxed 5 or 6, but I completed 83% of the compendium and got the trophy for Futaba's 250 lines on my first playthrough (wasn't even trying, just randomly popped), so I consider that a success

Rizzi

Sixth palace.
Akechi is obviously the villain, right? Here's this party member that starts with a persona and doesn't show up in the game's opening cutscene or the box art. His confidant starts at like rank 6 or something when you get him too. Suspicious

Sixth palace.
Akechi is obviously the villain, right? Here's this party member that starts with a persona and doesn't show up in the game's opening cutscene or the box art. His confidant starts at like rank 6 or something when you get him too. Suspicious

He's on the box art

rugioh

Banned
Credits now rolling.

After all the hype, anticipation, and multiple delays, it was all worth it. Can't rush quality, and Atlus never disappoints.

ramyeon

Sixth palace.
He's on the box art and the start up splash screen.

You've been leveling up his confidant throughout the game.

Opa-Pa

Sixth palace.

He's in the boxart, steelbook and splash screen, actually. Not even hidden.

I want an anime for P5 I thought P4A was really good. But hey maybe they'll do a Persona Q-2 for switch.
If they ever make PQ2 and decide to include P5's cast, (P5 SPOILERS)
would they include Goro? If it's like PQ and they decide to take the cast from a certain point in the game, it would be November. But during that point in the game Goro was planning to betray and kill MC while the whole team was planning to trick him, so it would be very awkward lol Then again they could take the easy route and grab the team right after Haru joins them/before the sixth Palace.

valkyre

I have this game over a month now and I am not starting it up because... I think it will kill my Plasma TV... seriously that ui is gorgeous but stupid at the same time as well. I dont need the damn date constantly shown all the time. Assign a button to toggle these things on and off. I have never had a single issue gaming with my panasonic plasma vt60 for years now, but this game's UI is damn scary with all that huge high contrast font that is displayed 90% of the time.

Has Atlus mentioned anything about adding some sort of option?

Sixth palace.

Palace 6 and 7 spoilers
When I was using him and he was OP as fuck I was like "YAAAAS" until I remembered that he was pretty transparently being set up as the traitor and I was surely going to end up having to fight him

Hylian7

Palace 6 and 7 spoilers
When I was using him and he was OP as fuck I was like "YAAAAS" until I remembered that he was pretty transparently being set up as the traitor and I was surely going to end up having to fight him

I thought that was the case for a while, because (all the way through 6th palace spoilers):
They let you equip items on him and stuff, and I figured they wouldn't let you waste those. I found out fortunately that you get those back. I had one SP Adhesive 3 on him and saw it was back in my inventory after the betrayal.

Pundere

If they ever do a Persona 5 Arena (I really hope they do) I wonder how they'll deal with Morgana's size. Unlike Teddy, the cat only comes up to the thigh of most chatacters. If Yoda in Soul Caliber 4 taught us anything, it's that mini characters usually don't work out too well.

cheez124

If they ever do a Persona 5 Arena (I really hope they do) I wonder how they'll deal with Morgana's size. Unlike Teddy, the cat only comes up to the thigh of most chatacters. If Yoda in Soul Caliber 4 taught us anything, it's that mini characters usually don't work out too well.
they could just give him really low health to make up for being harder to hit

Pundere

they could just give him really low health to make up for being harder to hit
They could also treat him like they did Koromaru and pair him up with a 'regular' sized character. Given their relationship, (late game spoilers)
Lavenza
makes sense

would they include Goro? If it's like PQ and they decide to take the cast from a certain point in the game, it would be November. But during that point in the game Goro was planning to betray and kill MC while the whole team was planning to trick him, so it would be very awkward lol Then again they could take the easy route and grab the team right after Haru joins them/before the sixth Palace.
I hope not, especially after how badly they bungled their attempt at making him sympathetic. Trying to whitewash a psychotic murderer would be all sorts of awkward.

While we're on spin offs, one other thing I'm curious about if a P5A happens(endgame spoilers)
how would they implement Goro? Crow + Robin Hood or would they go with the black mask version with Loki? I'm guessing the former initially to avoid spoilers and maybe psycho Goro as DLC. Also I'd main the fuck out of Crow Goro cuz Robin Hood is the best.

Pundere

Speaking of
Akechi's persona(s)
I was absolutely expecting one of them to be
Sherlock Holmes.

There's even
a quiz question early on about the Arsene Lupin books where Holmes was the villain. And, y'know, a detective persona for a detective character would make sense.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm at the finale and
I'm not gonna lie, it feels pretty damn thematically appropriate that I'm doing this with Lucifer as my main persona.

Opa-Pa

Speaking of
Akechi's persona(s)
I was absolutely expecting one of them to be
Sherlock Holmes.

There's even
a quiz question early on about the Arsene Lupin books where Holmes was the villain. And, y'know, a detective persona for a detective character would make sense.

Yeah,
based on how many quiz questions were there to give the player insight on the inspirations for the personas,
that one question made me think it was going to be Sherlock too.

Then again I totally called Loki. The shape shifter!

I'm at the finale and
I'm not gonna lie, it feels pretty damn thematically appropriate that I'm doing this with Lucifer as my main persona.

Oh boy, you have no idea.

PK Gaming

While we're on spin offs, one other thing I'm curious about if a P5A happens(endgame spoilers)
how would they implement Goro? Crow + Robin Hood or would they go with the black mask version with Loki? I'm guessing the former initially to avoid spoilers and maybe psycho Goro as DLC. Also I'd main the fuck out of Crow Goro cuz Robin Hood is the best.

Two different movesets would be ideal

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Since when could you change Party Members from the status screen outside of safe areas?

Is that specifically because the Shogi girl gave me the power to do that in-battle, or could you always do that?

When I realized that it made things a breeze. Persona 5 is a lot like 3 and 4 that right around the half-way point you've got so many resources available to you the game becomes incredibly easy outside the occasional badluck spell.

This is a real line apparently

source

Heh, I just got this:

cIEVAxA.jpg

Since when could you change Party Members from the status screen outside of safe areas?

Is that specifically because the Shogi girl gave me the power to do that in-battle, or could you always do that?

When I realized that it made things a breeze. Persona 5 is a lot like 3 and 4 that right around the half-way point you've got so many resources available to you the game becomes incredibly easy outside the occasional badluck spell.
Since you got access to multiple teammates.

Man I really love the theme when taking exams. I wished it played while I take then in real life.

ramyeon

I'm pretty sure you can do this from the start of the game.

Zolo

Do your party members stop hanging out with you in the last 7 days of a time limit? Seems like they just disappeared.

Hylian7

Since you got access to multiple teammates.

Man I really love the theme when taking exams. I wished it played while I take then in real life.

Wait what?!

I thought there was some way to do that in battle, but I never could find it there. I didn't realize it was in the menu.

I'm in the 7th palace, ROFL

ramyeon

Wait what?!

I thought there was some way to do that in battle, but I never could find it there. I didn't realize it was in the menu.

I'm in the 7th palace, ROFL
You can do it in battle once you level up Star. At first only MC can do it on his turn but her rank 10 ability lets any character do it on their turn.

It's done through the tactics menu.

I have this game over a month now and I am not starting it up because... I think it will kill my Plasma TV... seriously that ui is gorgeous but stupid at the same time as well. I dont need the damn date constantly shown all the time. Assign a button to toggle these things on and off. I have never had a single issue gaming with my panasonic plasma vt60 for years now, but this game's UI is damn scary with all that huge high contrast font that is displayed 90% of the time.

Has Atlus mentioned anything about adding some sort of option?

Holy chit are you me lol? I have a 60vt60 and any static UI pretty much wrecks my TV, aka any jrpg.

Perineum

Final few days left. Beat palace 7 and will do one more trip to Momentos and then
the final dungeon on the 24th.

Palace 7 sucked donkey balls. I thought palace 5 dragged, but Jesus this took the cake. I'm curious how this all wraps up and if it is akin to P4s true ending. However, this game really fell apart for me after Palace 4 completion time. It takes a massive nose dive in palace 5, picks a little back up in being good again with palace 6 and its wrap up, then retanks for Palace 7.

Looking at the social aspects and characters fleshed out here I still didn't find anyone I connected with or cared about as much as Nanoko and Dojima in P4.

The true ending and final moments coming up would have to be a notch above everything the game has offered so far, and then it could be a P4 toppler for my book.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh, gotta make sure to focus on Star girl then because that sounds super useful.

Honestly I can't decide between her and Makoto right now for the big S-Link---does it do anything special here? Hope that doesn't violate the no "waifu talk", but from a gameplay perspective I'm worried I can't max out Charm to max out Makoto's Confidant in time and Star seems easier to do in time.

Zafir

Oh, gotta make sure to focus on Star girl then because that sounds super useful.

Honestly I can't decide between her and Makoto right now for the big S-Link---does it do anything special here? Hope that doesn't violate the no "waifu talk", but from a gameplay perspective I'm worried I can't max out Charm to max out Makoto's Confidant in time and Star seems easier to do in time.

All a romance means is you get an extended rank 10 scene, as well as the option to take them out on "dates".

You still get the skill perks and stuff even if you're platonic.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Post Palace 6. I am not a smart man.
I intentionally got the bad ending first. And my first thought was "Oh my god, the Masked Man is disguised as Akechi!" It wasn't until I did the correct anwser that I realized it was the real deal and he was a traitor.

So I'm in NG+ November and I've just spent the last hour
cheesing the shit out of the Reaper to get to level 85
, and then decided to see if I could finally
take on the twins
. NOPE. Came pretty close but I just don't have the firepower for the last part.

I think I might just have to drop the difficulty to Easy or Safety for that particular trophy. Either that or
remake Super Yoshitsune to replace my current version that doesn't have all the drain skills

I've made my bed, and I'll sleep in it with multiple people, but in Persona 4 and Persona 3, when you got to romance people, did it explicitly have you say you love them?

Top Bottom