• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Dark_castle

dWMYICp.gif

Slight exaggeration of my experience in palace 5.

Morgana: I smell treasure over there!

Me: Nice.

*Then I find out it's leading to big map*

*Few sections later*

Morgana: Finally, we are at the last stretch*

*Open door to a whole other section with more puzzles*

angry_pepe.jpg

I think Palace 5 has been the shortest so far on NG+, and it didnt take me long the first time through either. NG+ though I didnt even bother trying to get the clues for the first puzzle though, just ran right to where I thought I remembered the keys to be.

Rixxan

I just finished Palace 7

I have 18 days until the change of heart

If i'm at 110 hours played thus far (I don't skip through dialogue)
Roughly how many hours do I have until credits roll and I beat the game?

ramyeon

Late November spoilers.

Will I ever be able to go back into the school? I'm missing some drinks for a trophy from the vending machines there.

LiK

I was thinking of doing my Plat run right away but I think I'll wait until later. I don't want to get burnt out by it and even a Plat run will take a lot of time and I have a massive backlog to deal with. Maybe I'll do it in the summer time.

I just finished Palace 7

I have 18 days until the change of heart

If i'm at 110 hours played thus far (I don't skip through dialogue)
Roughly how many hours do I have until credits roll and I beat the game?

I think maybe
8-10

Rixxan

I was thinking of doing my Plat run right away but I think I'll wait until later. I don't want to get burnt out by it and even a Plat run will take a lot of time and I have a massive backlog to deal with. Maybe I'll do it in the summer time.

I think maybe
8-10

I love this game, think it might crack my top 10 all time, certainly top 20

but i cant imagine starting it up again, at least right now

its just too massive an undertaking, lol

I might be the only person who had no problems with how Ann was handled in the game :S

I mean, if you look at all the scenes with relation to her and sexuality, its oddly consistent. Its all about being in control (at least, of her self and how people are seeing her)
(I'll spoiler tag things from here on out just to be safe)

Like, with kamoshida's arc:
- She hates how Kamoshida acts towards her because its fucking Kamoshida and she lacks any semblance of control (which in turn leads to her spirit of rebellion)
- She hates the cognitive version of herself because its not her, but Kamoshida's twisted interpretation of her to him. She doesn't want to be seen like that to him or to others through his lense. Basically a lacking of control of her own sexual image within the palace.
- Note how her persona is basically a perfect metaphor for her control of her sexuality. Carmen is bare-chested, in control of men, and a cigar-smoker (signifying higher status and as such control)
- Its also interesting to note how when she first gets her spirit of rebellion suit she's shocked and tries to cover up (because its sudden and there was no control over its use) but afterwards she's basically a-okay with using it, because its her using it, not it just randomly appearing

post kamoshida's arc we see more of this:
- w/ Yusuke's nude art tomfoolery, she doesn't want to do it. But its presented as an situation where they must get in no mater what. She loses control of how she can be presented, but in a twist regains that control by basically clothing herself in everything and never going through with the nude art thing.

- w/ the beach we see that she actually chides Ryuji when he's all pervy but not in a angry way. She's basically completely okay with being seen as sexy in the beach because she has control over how she is presented (ie: its her choice of swimwear). Thus she never gets angry about it.

- Her Confidant also goes into this a tad about how she wants to be like those sexy thief villainesses from cartoons (which ties to her Carmen persona in a good way imo)

- With the desert bus scene, we actually don't see much of anything. Just a sliver of a bra, no cleavage, or anything else really. Its really just context that Ryuji is trying to perv out. But considering the situation isn't about her trying to be seen in a sexy way, she doesn't take it kindly. This is actually a really interesting contrast in her reactions compared to the beach scene that comes after. To me, these 2 scenes cement my idea that the use of Ann's sexualization and sexuality is about control of appearance.

Ann isn't meant to be some character who gets traumatized by Komoshida's sexual abuse only to turn into some sexual-cripple. If anything i'd get angry at the game if it did that because that would be too simple and lazy imo. Keeping the use of sexual imagery and sexuality about image control was probably the right move imo.

Then again, this is just my take on it looking back. Idk. I don't expect anyone to really agree or anything :p

I don't think there is anything wrong with Anns characterisation per se. I think its the bigger picture of male gaze and the sexualisation of highschoolers in a game about sexual assault of said high schoolers. Why is her ass in the air when shes dies? Why is the focus of so many cutscenes on her sexiness and body? We get that she is attractive, we don't need them to shove it down our throats every two cutscenes and have the characters and viewers perving on her.

Putting it under of the guise that she is empowered about her sexualisation is an easy way for developers to say Hey! our character is confidant so we can do what we want with her!

Verder

You know what I said after I beat the game and the words fin popped up? "Fuck"

Post persona depression kicking in.

Please don't tell me they gonna milk p5 ?
They totally are

LiK

I love this game, think it might crack my top 10 all time, certainly top 20

but i cant imagine starting it up again, at least right now

its just too massive an undertaking, lol

If I had gotten a bad ending the first time like I did with P4G, then I would restart it immediately for the best ending. I did that with P4G and it was a great decision. But since I got the best ending in P5 then all I'm going for is the Plat and the only draw is getting every Confidant to max level so I can see all their stories to the end.

But yea, it's such a big game and even if I skipped all the main cutscenes etc, it would still take a lot of time. I'll def replay in NG+ later and I might pick up the DLC costumes to change things up.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I finished my first play through super close to a plat. The only ones I really need are the homerun one, the fishing one and the last 15% of the compendium. The 250 lines one will come naturally on an NG+ run and I believe the only other major ones are the bonus boss and the ng+ fusion.

Oh and I need to craft my stupid eternal lockpick lol.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Finished the game last night and thought about a few things. Looking back on PV3 and PV4 leading up to the game's release in Japan really made me think. How much of this game was done? Having watched PV3 especially, that was essentially a year before the game's release and it seems like all the stuff was already done?... I'm wondering... if the game had been done for a long while and there was just a lot of QA done for this game to get it prepped for PS4 or if there was something else behind it. Even the trailers before PV3 it felt like they showed a good chunk of the mid-endgame stuff. I know when it comes to game dev people don't work linearly so they just showed the stuff that was done or polished but still... For P5 especially, it feels rather off...

Setsu00

You know what I said after I beat the game and the words fin popped up? "Fuck"

Post persona depression kicking in.

Please don't tell me they gonna milk p5 ?
They totally are

They already told us to look forward to August. They're going to milk this game to death.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

No but I believe the trophy only requires you to buy all the unique drinks and I think the school vending machines sell the exact same drinks as the ones outside the bathhouse, chances are you're missing the one vending machine in shibuya or shinjuku that sells muscle milk or whatever its called

Hylian7

*Few sections later*

angry_pepe.jpg

Yeah that shit got so annoying, I kept thinking "I don't need to come back and make another trip, I'm almost there." while running on empty on SP.

LiK

I finished my first play through super close to a plat. The only ones I really need are the homerun one, the fishing one and the last 15% of the compendium. The 250 lines one will come naturally on an NG+ run and I believe the only other major ones are the bonus boss and the ng+ fusion.

Oh and I need to craft my stupid eternal lockpick lol.

I got the Navigation trophy way before the end so that was good for me. I'm still missing a lot cuz I missed so many side activities in my blind run.

I bought them all in late Nov from the vending machines. Got the trophy. Not missable during that time. You don't need them from the school.

ramyeon

I got the Navigation trophy way before the end so that was good for me. I'm still missing a lot cuz I missed so many side activities in my blind run.

I bought them all in late Nov from the vending machines. Got the trophy. Not missable during that time. You don't need them from the school.
Where did you get Oh Shiruko, Mad Bull etc from? I can't find them anywhere and my searches online say they're outside the school gate.

*Few sections later*

angry_pepe.jpg

I think I must've skipped over all that dialogue, because playing through Palace 5 again, the only thing I remember clearly is that at the beginning of the dungeon, they literally tell you that
there are three sections of the palace and that the first two are the barracks and the factory. (I forget what the third one is supposed to be--weapons production?--but they tell you this as well.)
It was always obvious to me that there'd be more in that dungeon at all the points people are complaining about, because you were
STILL IN THE FACTORY

Hylian7

I made an extra save from before I did it, but question regarding 7th Palace:
I will still get freedom to do confidants/Mementos after sending the calling card/beating Shido, right? I'm doing it very early on in December. I made it through the dungeon in something like 2 trips, not counting the one it forces you to go back from.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah palace 5's length didn't annoy me, what really got on my nerves there was the "lunch break" rooms and how many text prompts there were to flip switches.

Also the enemies were pretty damn merciless.

I think the one palace that just made me unreasonably annoyed was palace 7, between those 5 or so rat mazes, the fact that you felt like you were just running all over the place, and the density of enemies and how frequently you crossed doors that respawned enemies if you attempted to back track it was rather annoying.

I made an extra save from before I did it, but question regarding 7th Palace:
I will still get freedom to do confidants/Mementos after sending the calling card/beating Shido, right? I'm doing it very early on in December. I made it through the dungeon in something like 2 trips, not counting the one it forces you to go back from.

Yeah
you've got until december 22nd I believe to clear mementos and a few days before that for confidants.

LiK

Yeah I did, there are some unique ones there but not those.

No idea, but I basically went to every location and just bought from every machine and it popped. Check all the ones in Central Street and Backstreets too. I remember there's one vending machine in Backstreets that's in an obscure area with unique ones.

Best advice is start in yomgen and buy every drink till it's sold out at every vending machine, then go to centeal street, then red light, then akihabara. Just because their is one icon on the map doesn't mean all 3 vending machines are the same, each has their own selection of drinks so make sure you buy everything in each machine.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

These are all the locations where vending machines can be found, i couldn't find a list of drinks per machine but this is at least a good check list to check off for locations:

Yongen-Jaya
Shibuya
Aoyama-Itchome
Shinjuku
Akihabara

Hylian7

Yeah palace 5's length didn't annoy me, what really got on my nerves there was the "lunch break" rooms and how many text prompts there were to flip switches.

Also the enemies were pretty damn merciless.

I think the one palace that just made me unreasonably annoyed was palace 7, between those 5 or so rat mazes, the fact that you felt like you were just running all over the place, and the density of enemies and how frequently you crossed doors that respawned enemies if you attempted to back track it was rather annoying.

Yeah
you've got until december 22nd I believe to clear mementos and a few days before that for confidants.

Cool, thanks. I will make sure to do that stuff.

I don't think I will be able to max all confidants, I screwed up on time management somewhere, but at the very least I will complete all of Mementos. Right now I have only maxed two Confidants, but I have a few more at 8 or 9.

Setsu00

wait .. what ? :eek:

There is going to be a huge Persona concert in August in Japan. These concerts are always a big deal since they often culminate in the reveal of a new game or a new trailer, sometimes even both. The first actual gameplay trailer for P5 for example was shown at the end of their last big concert two years ago.

Other than that, multiple people have mentioned that something will be announced for Persona this year, including Naoto Hiraoka and Shoji Meguro. A DJ also said that remixed a P5 song for a new game in the series, but that line was quickly removed from the interview after it was found.

ramyeon

No idea, but I basically went to every location and just bought from every machine and it popped. Check all the ones in Central Street and Backstreets too. I remember there's one vending machine in Backstreets that's in an obscure area with unique ones.

Best advice is start in yomgen and buy every drink till it's sold out at every vending machine, then go to centeal street, then red light, then akihabara. Just because their is one icon on the map doesn't mean all 3 vending machines are the same, each has their own selection of drinks so make sure you buy everything in each machine.

These are all the locations where vending machines can be found, i couldn't find a list of drinks per machine but this is at least a good check list to check off for locations:

Yongen-Jaya
Shibuya
Aoyama-Itchome
Shinjuku
Akihabara
Thanks guys, I got it. I had been missing one in Central Street and also assuming I had already bought from one in Akiba since I had Odd Morsel etc in my inventory (Must have got them from Shadows).

vypek

I beat him yesterday but I'm still thinking about how a mementos boss pissed me off. Fuck Shadow
Fukurai.
Literally got lucky enough to beat him. I have no idea if I was underleveled for that boss but even as far as I can go in mementos right now I am able to instantly win some fights through ambush right now.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
There is going to be a huge Persona concert in August in Japan. These concerts are always a big deal since they often culminate in the reveal of a new game or a new trailer, sometimes even both. The first actual gameplay trailer for P5 for example was shown at the end of their last big concert two years ago.

Other than that, multiple people have mentioned that something will be announced for Persona this year, including Naoto Hiraoka and Shoji Meguro. A DJ also said that remixed a P5 song for a new game in the series, but that line was quickly removed from the interview after it was found.

Persona 5: Fes with added scenario and/or female MC ?

YES PLEASE !

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Thanks guys, I got it. I had been missing one in Central Street and also assuming I had already bought from one in Akiba since I had Odd Morsel etc in my inventory (Must have got them from Shadows).

Yep I did the same thing lol, but for me it was the muscle drink, I had like 26 from shadows so I didn't buy it until just before the very end of the game lmao and the trophy popped.

SoulUnison

Banned
Give in ! There's no harm in pressing X or O to skip voiced lines. I did that practically through out the entire game. Absolutely nothing felt 'missed'. It still took me 75+ hrs to finish the game.

JPN or English? I loved the English VO so I listened to everything. .

oh god.

i read the dialogue bubbles and x through that shit as quickly as possible

You guys don't even understand. I mean -all- "voiced dialog."
When you're in the Velvet Room menus and one of the Wardens starts speaking, I won't make the next selection until they're done speaking. (They admonish you otherwise!)
During the day-to-day dialog where characters give canned "Yeah, that's great"s and "Um, how about..."s I don't advance the text bubble until the clip finishes.
When you're negotiating with a Shadow and it has a little "But! Um!" or "Well I never!" I don't move to the next text box until it's done.

It's insanity.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
When you're in the Velvet Room menus and one of the Wardens starts speaking, I won't make the next selection until they're done speaking. (They admonish you otherwise!)
During the day-to-day dialog where characters give canned "Yeah, that's great"s and "Um, how about..."s I don't advance the text bubble until the clip finishes.
When you're negotiating with a Shadow and it has a little "But! Um!" or "Well I never!" I don't move to the next text box until it's done.

It's insanity.

Cutting off the wardens is great though.

SUCH RUDENESS

Scavenger

I know alot of people associate Palace 7 Boss to
NANOMACHINES SON
But my first thought was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-38-l35Lk&t=1m05s
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_the_Giants

Tohru Furuya had his first major voice acting role in Star of the Giants, and years later he played Amuro Ray in Mobile Suit Gundam. Masayoshi Shido was played by Shuichi Ikeda who is best known for his role as Amuro Ray's rival Char Aznable. Shido's first form bears a resemblance to Char Aznable.

LiK

It's insanity.

Oh, you don't even skip the canned repeated stuff in gameplay and shopping etc? Okay, now that's just insanity, lol

Top Bottom