• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

LiK

I'll never not laugh whenever Caroline yells at me and says "Inmate". That English VA probably had so much fun with her lines.

ramyeon

Mid December stuff.

I'm on 12/15 about to do Palace 7. Haru is the last confidant I need to max besides story ones. She's on 9 and will rank up to max if I can see her again. But she hasn't been available for the past few days. I need to do this Palace now... am I screwed?

vypek

Mid December stuff.

I'm on 12/15 about to do Palace 7. Haru is the last confidant I need to max besides story ones. She's on 9 and will rank up to max if I can see her again. But she hasn't been available for the past few days. I need to do this Palace now... am I screwed?

I'm not that far but I'm pretty sure that people have said the last date you can do this is
12/22
Hopefully someone can confirm

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Mid December stuff.

12/22 is the last possible day though here is a little caveat
12/19 to 12/22 are exams related but you do get the afternoon and evening in 12/22

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Mid December stuff.

You'l still get a
whole week of game-time after it and going by the fact that I was able to invite my S links to go various places and get gifts before right up till the final dungeon, S links should be do-able in those times as well.

Cat

Mid December stuff.

Assuming it is like my recent play-through, she will be there. She is the only one I missed, and I missed it by ONE RANK. I ranked her to 9 the very last available day.

in ng+ i just use older low level persona to unlock skills as i play. i already do that in regular playthroughs for fun, but it's easier now.

it's good to see these SL levels rolling in without effort too. i didn't max everyone on the first pt so there is still some fun left.

Hylian7

Also I can't be the only one that thought these things (spoilers all the way up to the boss of Palace 7):

Shido looks like Hideki Kamiya (the glasses even further cement it), Akechi reminds me of Light Yagami from Death Note.

Eylos

Banned
Just one trophy to get the Platinum, all s-links, i Just need to Go forward in the story.

Its kinda impossible to complete the persona compendium without a guide.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Its kinda impossible to complete the persona compendium without a guide.

I mean you don't need a guide as much as you just need the fusion calculator, but playing persona without the fusion calculator is just a bad idea. I don't even consider it as using a guide.

The gem monsters are a pain in the ass to track down though.

Kazzy

I've just about cleared the 3rd dungeon, so decided to look up a little bit of information, regarding Momentos.

I'm at the end of the month (6/30), and have just had my first trip in there, clearing up all available requests available to me. The only problem is that apparently, there should be one connected to working the convenience stores/flower shop (Part-time Job, Full-time Hell). So after some searching, I've discovered this is a common thing for people to have missed in their playthrough.

A lot of sources seem to say it unlocks after 6/6, whereas others say it's also locked until Mishima is Rank 4, after which he texts you about it. Most seem to have ignored his text, which is where the confusion comes in, because I absolutely haven't had that yet.

So, Is it missable after this date? Is it just locked behind confidant rank and the text? Or is is both? So, if I progress as normal, I should be okay still?

Yep, extremely convoluted, but I've tried to be as thorough as I can, getting all this from various forum posts.

Sorry if this has already been asked around a hundred times.

in ng+ i just use older low level persona to unlock skills as i play. i already do that in regular playthroughs for fun, but it's easier now.

it's good to see these SL levels rolling in without effort too. i didn't max everyone on the first pt so there is still some fun left.
Yeah. I have every slink maxed out except Futaba, Haru, Ohya, and Shinya and it's not even November yet. Totally different from my NG run where I had just maxed Ryuji and Ann by mid October and had 3 others maxed out.

I'll never not laugh whenever Caroline yells at me and says "Inmate". That English VA probably had so much fun with her lines.

Try sacrificing a really high-level persona to a really low-level one using the gallows. Easily my favourite line of hers.

_Ryo_

What's the highest amount anyone has won by playing the lottery? I once won 50,000円 as the highest amount and 5,000円 on average. A couple times only ¥100 - ¥300. I think I one only once on the scratch off, which was less than I paid for it. Most were total misses.

vypek

I mean you don't need a guide as much as you just need the fusion calculator, but playing persona without the fusion calculator is just a bad idea. I don't even consider it as using a guide.

The gem monsters are a pain in the ass to track down though.

You can't fuse the gems, right? They have to be found?

I'm assuming I have missed some so far and will have to look them up in NG+ if I want to finish the compendium.

What's the highest amount anyone has won by playing the lottery? I once won 50,000円 as the highest amount and 5,000円 on average. A couple times only ¥100 - ¥300. I think I one only once on the scratch off, which was less than I paid for it. Most were total misses.
100,000. I think it can only happen once per playthrough.

You can't fuse the gems, right? They have to be found?

I'm assuming I have missed some so far and will have to look them up in NG+ if I want to finish the compendium.
They have to be found. If you haven't beat the last dungeon you can find them mementos.

daveo42

Banned
I've just about cleared the 3rd dungeon, so decided to look up a little bit of information, regarding Momentos.

I'm at the end of the month (6/30), and have just had my first trip in there, clearing up all available requests available to me. The only problem is that apparently, there should be one connected to working the convenience stores/flower shop (Part-time Job, Full-time Hell). So after some searching, I've discovered this is a common thing for people to have missed in their playthrough.

A lot of sources seem to say it unlocks after 6/6, whereas others say it's also locked until Mishima is Rank 4, after which he texts you about it. Most seem to have ignored his text, which is where the confusion comes in, because I absolutely haven't had that yet.

So, Is it missable after this date? Is it just locked behind confidant rank and the text? Or is is both? So, if I progress as normal, I should be okay still?

Yep, extremely convoluted, but I've tried to be as thorough as I can, getting all this from various forum posts.

Sorry if this has already been asked around a hundred times.

It's gated for both as far ask I'm aware. The reason people probably don't get them is because of the work requirements or they don't check their phone messages every day. I think the only ones people tend to flat out miss on a first playthrough are the confidant ones that come near the end of their arcs. I missed one on my first playthrough because I didn't hit rank 7 to complete.

Eylos

Banned
does anyone have a mementos floor list for treasure demons? I need 3 more of them
Path of Aiyatsbus = Regent
Path of Chemdah = Regent
Path of Kaitul = Queens Necklace
Path of Akzeriyyuth = Stone of Scone
Path of Adyeshach = Koh-i-Noor
Path of Sheriruth (areas 1-5) = Orlov
Path of Sheriruth (areas 7-12)= Emperor’s Amulet
Path of Sheriruth (area 13)= Emperor’s Amulet, Hope Diamond & Crystal Skull
Path of Iweleth (the depths) = Crystal Skull

I'm pretty sure I got it twice. I did it a lot though lol
I wonder if it has something to do with what day you give it in.
Nice! I've seen three of the same type in mementos but didn't know if the others were there too. Is there one for each arcana? I've only managed to get three of them so far.
Yeah something like that. You can find them in different sections of mementos but it's best if you unlock the entirety of mementos and craft a treasure map.

Path of Chemdah = Regent
seems I will be hanging out in Sheriruth 13

Thanks!

LiK

Path of Chemdah = Regent

damn, saving this list.

ys45

Completed Palace 7 yesterday.

Honestly, after Palace 6
It's twist after twist :p I was not too surprised with Akeshi being a traitor but I was not expecting him to be the son of Shido though
So now I'm expecting a final twist with the real bad guy or something like that :p

Also for a moment I thought
Ryuji was dead but I should have known better that Atlus would not kill one of the main cast

This game is so good.

Rixxan

Completed Palace 7 yesterday.

Honestly, after Palace 6
It's twist after twist :p I was not too surprised with Akeshi being a traitor but I was not expecting him to be the son of Shido though
So now I'm expecting a final twist with the real bad guy or something like that :p

Also for a moment I thought
Ryuji was dead but I should have known better that Atlus would not kill one of the main cast

This game is so good.

the song that plays
during shido's last two phases got me so hype -
just recalling my journey thus far with all these characters, it was a great moment

actually listened to the track a couple times on the way into work today, never do that - lol

kromeo

I've fought pretty much every enemy and then some and been as far into Mementos as I can go at this point and it says I'm still 2 levels below the average.. People must be doing some serious grinding

ys45

the song that plays
during shido's last two phases got me so hype -
just recalling my journey thus far with all these characters, it was a great moment

actually listened to the track a couple times on the way into work today, never do that - lol

Oh yeah totally! I listen to it at work :p

Life will change is also very good .

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't get what they're going for with Mishima sometimes.

Like, he seems to be pretty helpful all things considered in regards to the main plot, but then the majority of dialogue responses to him in the S-Link are pretty mean...like I'm supposed to hate what he's doing, even though the Phantom Thieves are more or less focused on garnering attention and he directly helps them.

Also he totally comes across during the middle part of his S-Link as a school shooter in the making.
That scene where he pulls out the (model) gun would've been disturbing had this been set in the U.S.

Path of Chemdah = Regent

What's the best way to crit/knock down Stone of Scone so I can recruit it for the one Strength quest? It's apparently immune to everything, so is the secret using the Elemental Break skills that Morgana and Ann have picked up?

duckroll

Made it to Palace 6. Finally. Everything is coming together. Started the Haru confidant too. I think I have unlocked all the Confidants now, not sure. Best Persona ever imo.

What's the best way to crit/knock down Stone of Scone so I can recruit it for the one Strength quest? It's apparently immune to everything, so is the secret using the Elemental Break skills that Morgana and Ann have picked up?

Get a crit. Something like Lucky Punch, or just spamming rapidfire gun attacks could work. It's a bit of luck but it's not that tough.

vypek

Curse
damage will knock down Stone of Scone. Recently got it in a dungeon

JP VA is high tier. i like every voice but favs are morgana for perfect quirkiness, or makoto, which is just a perfectly attractive voice. yup, i was in awe.
no, i didn't waifu her.
. really happy to have the original. it's about time. i kept them for ng+ too, no need to change. igor sounds so badass.....

i think i like them all.

Which is kinda sad since Chihaya's JP VA died shortly after doing her.

nooooooooooooo :( T_T

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
When I fought him it seemed like Scone resisted all Phys. moves including Lucky Punch---don't think I tried a curse move though since nobody I had with me knew it.

Astral

What did everyone name their group? Mine are Diamond Dogs after Ann proposed The Diamonds.

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea (of souls)."

Top Bottom