• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

PK Gaming

That doesn't make her actions not predatory, though.

She does acknowledge that it's fucked, yeah, but at no point does she ever stop doing it. She lacks a moral compass in this regard.

It sucks, too, because her Confidant has such an easy fix. They could've just made her a fellow part-timer at one of your jobs. That way, she's still working herself to the bone, but she's not taking your money or doing any of her other awful crap. The maid thing is pretty much just to be fetishistic, when it really didn't have to be.

She explicitly mentions working on several part time jobs on top of her maid job, making it extra clear that
she's being extorted for an exorbitant amount of money.
. She keeps doing the aid job because her back is completely against the wall, and is hard up for some serious cash. Of course it's a gross, the whole point of her Confidant is that she's become desperate enough to enough to rely on some high school kid for income. It's depressing, uncomfortable and borderline illegal. Like the rest of the confidants, her situation has caused her to lose her place in society.

p2NwlIH.png
Ge1h1py.png

qDgTOIS.png

But it's nowhere near a Kamoshida situation, because her relationship with Joker operates on a mutual "give and take" relationship with trust as a key element. And the narrative that the entire set up is fetishtic garbage is so goddamn disingenuous. It's a seemingly goofy Confidant that becomes intriguing and depressing as you progress. It's not shallow trite like the nurse social link from Persona 4. Yes, there are aspects that are absolutely wink-wink, nudge-nudge, but I never felt I was being hardcore pandered to within confidant itself, and it doesn't preclude it from being good. In fact, i'd even go as far as to say that it's one of the best confidants, with a memorable hook, good twists, the right amount of sadness and an ending that is legitimately touching.

The biggest issue is that the romantic route completely sells out the character.

It wouldn't be anime without that obligatory visit to the beach now would it!

Ann's bikini bottom barely covers her arse, and she has no arse to speak of. Atlus couldn't have put her in something skimpier if they tried.

Eylos

Banned
I don't get what they're going for with Mishima sometimes.

Like, he seems to be pretty helpful all things considered in regards to the main plot, but then the majority of dialogue responses to him in the S-Link are pretty mean...like I'm supposed to hate what he's doing, even though the Phantom Thieves are more or less focused on garnering attention and he directly helps them.

Also he totally comes across during the middle part of his S-Link as a school shooter in the making.
That scene where he pulls out the (model) gun would've been disturbing had this been set in the U.S.

What's the best way to crit/knock down Stone of Scone so I can recruit it for the one Strength quest? It's apparently immune to everything, so is the secret using the Elemental Break skills that Morgana and Ann have picked up?

For ALL of them i used revolution skill, i used that and normal attack + Lucky punch

LiK

It wouldn't be anime without that obligatory visit to the beach now would it!

Ann's bikini bottom barely covers her arse, and she has no arse to speak of. Atlus couldn't have put her in something skimpier if they tried.

I gotta agree, nothing attractive about her in a bikini in-game. I think her anime cutscene art is more curvier.

Hero

Quick question guys, when you max out a Confidant, are each of them supposed to give you an item? Or just the romantic ones?

She explicitly mentions working on several part time jobs on top of her maid job, making it extra clear that
she's being extorted for an exorbitant amount of money.
. She keeps doing the aid job because her back is completely against the wall, and is hard up for some serious cash. Of course it's a gross, the whole point of her Confidant is that she's become desperate enough to enough to rely on some high school kid for income. It's depressing, uncomfortable and borderline illegal. Like the rest of the confidants, her situation has caused her to lose her place in society.

But it's nowhere near a Kamoshida situation, because her relationship with Joker operates on a mutual "give and take" relationship with trust as a key element. And the narrative that the entire set up is fetishtic garbage is so goddamn disingenuous. It's a seemingly goofy Confidant that becomes intriguing and depressing as you progress. It's not shallow trite like the nurse social link from Persona 4. Yes, there are aspects that are absolutely wink-wink, nudge-nudge, but I never felt I was being hardcore pandered to within confidant itself, and it doesn't preclude it from being good. In fact, i'd even go as far as to say that it's one of the best confidants, with a memorable hook, good twists, the right amount of sadness and an ending that is legitimately touching.

The biggest issue is that the romantic route completely sells out the character.

Yeah I really liked her social link, it was pretty messed up.
Pretty much saying flat out that she was a sex-worker
was like damn, Persona. This shit is dark.

mrmickfran

What did everyone name their group? Mine are Diamond Dogs after Ann proposed The Diamonds.

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea (of souls)."
Mask☆DeMasque

The game didn't have enough text characters so it was really Mask☆DeMasqe.

daveo42

Banned
The interesting thing with the Kawakami Romance route is
I believe she's the only one of the adults (correct me if wrong) that actually gives a delayed response to your advances and then fights you on how bad of an idea it is to actually engage in said relationship. She does give up rather easily and I don't think there is a fail state here, but the game does kind of go the extra mile to remind you that maybe this isn't the best idea, even if we aren't going to stop you.

I she trumps Chihaya outright just because she's your teacher (conflict of interest), but I find it odd she doesn't bring it up because
she clearly pushes for a relationship by the end of her arc and then gets depressed you pass on the romance option.

Yeah I really liked her social link, it was pretty messed up.
Pretty much saying flat out that she was a sex-worker
was like damn, Persona. This shit is dark.

I mean, that was implied from the start based on the events and reactions surrounding it. Persona 5 didn't really shy away from the darker parts of society either.

PK Gaming

I'll never not laugh whenever Caroline yells at me and says "Inmate". That English VA probably had so much fun with her lines.

"Gonna string em up ♪" makes me giddy every single time

What did everyone name their group? Mine are Diamond Dogs after Ann proposed The Diamonds.

Masquerade, after a group of idealistic masked individuals who go around trying to make society "better."

QbkjhnF.jpg

Zareka

Senpai Squad because I wanted a silly throwaway name that'd show up for other players.

Then it started appearing in plot dialogue. Instant regret.

Hero

The interesting thing with the Kawakami Romance route is
I believe she's the only one of the adults (correct me if wrong) that actually gives a delayed response to your advances and then fights you on how bad of an idea it is to actually engage in said relationship. She does give up rather easily and I don't think there is a fail state here, but the game does kind of go the extra mile to remind you that maybe this isn't the best idea, even if we aren't going to stop you.

I she trumps Chihaya outright just because she's your teacher (conflict of interest), but I find it odd she doesn't bring it up because
she clearly pushes for a relationship by the end of her arc and then gets depressed you pass on the romance option.

I mean, that was implied from the start based on the events and reactions surrounding it. Persona 5 didn't really shy away from the darker parts of society either.

The first interaction with her as a maid has her saying something insinuating something physical with a massage but I kind of took that as a playful/flirty thing but as you explore the link more they call more attention to it until the parents of the deceased system threaten to reveal her being a sex worker. Does the game flat out say it in the beginning? If so I think I might've skipped a line or don't remember it.

Mariip

Genei Ryodan, from hunter x hunter, it means Phantom Brigade and they are a crew of thieves (the type that kills people tho)

StoneFox

I wanted to use Funky Students for the P4 refrence, but ended up using Heeho Heroes because Jack Frost is adorable and my first choice didn't fit.

Opa-Pa

About Caroline, has anyone gotten the maximum arcana bonus exp in a gallows execution? If you try sacrificing a persona to one of the same arcana, and have maxed the corresponding confidant, Caroline will burst out laughing and say "Wow, inmate! That's DARK!". It's amazing lmao.

Kenaras

I'll never not laugh whenever Caroline yells at me and says "Inmate". That English VA probably had so much fun with her lines.

The way she pronounces it, with the heavy enunciation of the ending "T", is just perfect. Sometimes I'll cancel through menu options just to listen to her yell at me.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
About Caroline, has anyone gotten the maximum arcana bonus exp in a gallows execution? If you try sacrificing a persona to one of the same arcana, and have maxed the corresponding confidant, Caroline will burst out laughing and say "Wow, inmate! That's DARK!". It's amazing lmao.

I also love it when you get a fusion mistake.

Only happened like twice (in as many days of dungeon crawling, oddly enough), but when she sees the guillotine get stuck, then busts out the
chainsaw....

Some good shit.

I named my crew Overwatch. Something something headcanon of mental shutdowns leading to Omnic Crisis blah blah.

Dierce

I'm in late November and
can't help but think of Akechi as a horrible character. Maybe it's because of how an obvious a threat he has always been yet for plot purposes he is never targeted by the Phantom Thieves. Really hope he just dies off on his own or someone else murders him, would be really disappointing if I end up fighting him after Shido

Young Magus

Rumors will become true!

It's not like something like this happened before...

.......your right :eek:

End Game Spoilerz:
akechi also has to hate the fate that hes revived as well and wants to stay dead

I named mines Masked Circle

I love the Velvet Twins performances so much more in Japanese. It's one of the (fewer) English voices that I just can't stand.
I actually enjoy both performances. The two
performances I definitely enjoy in Japanese are Ryuji's and Shinya; Ryuji because his Japanese voice makes me laugh, especially when he is upset or flustered. Shinya's English performance is horrendous and I don't get what the fuck happened.

LiK

the only japanese voice I remember from the trailers is Morgana, and that makes me want to stab sporks in my ears to avoid ever hearing it again...

I avoided replaying DanganRonpa in JPN all because Monokuma's JPN voice was like scratching chalkboards to my ears.

I avoided replaying DanganRonpa in JPN all because Monokuma's JPN voice was like scratching chalkboards to my ears.
that direction and the overly high pitched female are way too common in anime voice direction. I hate when it carreis over to the dub, like Bienfu in Berseria

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Sun Confidant was pretty neat, and the first one I S-Ranked...I feel like a lot of people probably did that one early on since it was accessible and auto-ranked up each time.

In Persona 3 and 4 I ignored most of my party members S-Links, so here I'm trying to focus on them first. I think I like the group a bit more as a whole more than those games, and I love the new EXP.-share system that prevents people from falling behind and the ease in switching them outside of battle that I just realized in Dungeon 4. :p

Still, I do have favorites---Morgana is my healer, and I always seem to stray physical in these games so I'm rocking Yusuke and Makoto. I'll throw in Ann every once in awhile for her useful support spells, but usually ignore her. Even though Ryuji is basically the new Kanji as the physical Zio dude, who I always went with in Persona 4, I haven't touched him since Dungeon 2 outside of getting him to help
fire the catapult
at the fourth Palace Boss.

Ultimadrago

Of course, Yoshinoya-sensei from HidaSketch. I knew that voice sounded familiar...

I actually enjoy both performances. The two
performances I definitely enjoy in Japanese are Ryuji's and Shinya; Ryuji because his Japanese voice makes me laugh, especially when he is upset or flustered. Shinya's English performance is horrendous and I don't get what the fuck happened.

Yeah, Shinya was another English voice where I was like "What happened?!"

Dad

I'm finally on to NG+. Is there anything easily missable when it comes completing the compendium, books, requests, etc.? Is there a guide worth following for cleaning up the last few trophies?

LiK

Shinya English VO is the worst thing in the game. Horrible casting indeed. Should've gotten the Morgana VA to do a deeper voice for him lol

Top Bottom