• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
When do you even meet Shinya? I've been wondering if there's something you need to do to have him pop up at the arcade...

Setsu00

I'm in late November and
can't help but think of Akechi as a horrible character. Maybe it's because of how an obvious a threat he has always been yet for plot purposes he is never targeted by the Phantom Thieves. Really hope he just dies off on his own or someone else murders him, would be really disappointing if I end up fighting him after Shido

Making Akechi the target would be stupid for various reasons. Before they know about him planning to sell them out, they have basically no reason to target him. It's simply looking like he's trying to bring them to justice for brainwashing people. Proving to him that they are trying to do the right thing by changing the hearts of these people is pretty difficult considering that his point about brainwashing them is actually perfectly valid. He also hasn't done anything wrong to the knowledge of the cast at this point, so targetting Akechi would turn effectively turn the Phantom Thieves into Kira from Death Note. After they know about his true intentions they CANNOT target him, as he is a Persona-user and thus in control of his Shadow, so there is no way that he could have a Palace and/or his Shadow walking around in Mementos. There is also the pancake conversion, which tipped at least Morgana off that he had a Persona waaaaay before it's officially made known to the thieves.

duckroll

When do you even meet Shinya? I've been wondering if there's something you need to do to have him pop up at the arcade...

He is always in the Akiba arcade, even before you can get him as a Confidant. You can't actually do anything with him until you get a Mementos quest about a game cheater.

zulux21

Shinya English VO is the worst thing in the game. Horrible casting indeed. Should've gotten the Morgana VA to do a deeper voice for him lol

I find this complaint funny given how shinya really isn't that different from
vF7c9Ot.png

in looks or personality, but tons of people love that voice for that character *shrugs*

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
He is always in the Akiba arcade, even before you can get him as a Confidant. You can't actually do anything with him until you get a Mementos quest about a game cheater.

Didn't realize there's another arcade outside of the Central Street one...haven't got to Akiba yet.

Ferrio

Banned
What did everyone name their group? Mine are Diamond Dogs after Ann proposed The Diamonds.

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea (of souls)."

Soul Bandits.

Speaking of the name, does it serve any purpose other than identifying you through the network features?

What did everyone name their group? Mine are Diamond Dogs after Ann proposed The Diamonds.

"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea (of souls)."

First playthrough: for some reason I went with Fates/Furies, which doesn't even look good when written out and I think I just wanted to be done with the naming screen.

NG+: Almost went S Club 7. Instead went with ♪Glee☆Club♪. No regrets.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What did everyone name their group?

I couldn't avoid naming them "Wu-Tang Clan" It's pretty funny to hear them talk about the group name in random conversations.

"Did you hear what Wu-Tang Clan did recently? I just love them!" etc. It's great.

I finished Palace 5 yesterday. It was the first Palace I managed to do in one go (thanks to finally having four SP Adhesives),and definitely the best one yet (surpassing Palace 3). The puzzles were all really good and interesting. Not sure why some people are down on this one.

The boss fight wasn't the greatest, although it's definitely better than Palace 3's fight. Nothing so far has equaled the second palace boss in terms of boss fights.

Glad that I got this one cleared so early, leaving me plenty of free time for once.

I finished Palace 5 yesterday. It was the first Palace I managed to do in one go (thanks to finally having four SP Adhesives),and definitely the best one yet (surpassing Palace 3). The puzzles were all really good and interesting. Not sure why some people are down on this one.

The boss fight wasn't the greatest, although it's definitely better than Palace 3's fight. Nothing so far has equaled the second palace boss in terms of boss fights.

Glad that I got this one cleared so early, leaving me plenty of free time for once.

I'm in Palace 5 right now and I feel like I'm just running back and forth way too much and the enemies are really sapping my SP more than any Palace so far. I just want this to end.

duckroll

Damn Haru's bonus function looks super useful. These SP veggies! Glad I'm able to finally bond with her for all the battle bonus stuff since I like her in my party. Finally got Sojiro up to to rank 6 too, more SP coffee! Maxed out everything except Guts now. Ran out of horror books to read, am I going to have to resort to playing videogames now? :(

Gonna put off Palace 6 for a bit and do some Mementos tomorrow so I can proceed with Hifumi's story. I'm super duper excited to see how the story plays out after this palace though!

zulux21

Damn Haru's bonus function looks super useful. These SP veggies! Glad I'm able to finally bond with her for all the battle bonus stuff since I like her in my party. Finally got Sojiro up to to rank 6 too, more SP coffee! Maxed out everything except Guts now. Ran out of horror books to read, am I going to have to resort to playing videogames now? :(

Gonna put off Palace 6 for a bit and do some Mementos tomorrow so I can proceed with Hifumi's story. I'm super duper excited to see how the story plays out after this palace though!

burgers...
eat lots of burgers :p

duckroll

burgers...
eat lots of burgers :p

But that's the same as playing a game or watching a movie. It takes up a whole period cycle which I could be using on a Confidant instead. I liked books because they were always "free" cycles on a train or in class. Need a Confidant that boosts Guts...

Kolx

Reaper
in the
flu
season is just broken. I went from level 53 to 66 in less than 15 minutes lol

Kolx

Iwai is giving me Proficiency. Does he give kindness at higher levels?

And yea, Guts is probably the hardest to max

You can get 3 guts every time after you finish the
big bang burger challenge
. You need to have 4 in every stat I think tho to finish it, so it only comes late in the game.

Kaizer

Banned
Still really early in the game (just opened up Mementos) but I guess it just takes a while before you can engage with some of your Confidants? I've tried to hangout with both the Doctor & Iwai only to be told my Guts level isn't high enough yet.

I just had the thought of how funny it would be if you named your team something that totally indicted you and the narrative (naturally) didn't acknowledge it.

"...signed, 'Ann, Ryuji, & Transfer'"

"Who are these PHANTOM THIEVES??"

PK Gaming

Looks like you have no choice but to binge watch the "Running Dead" for the Guts boost

It's pretty solid, I didn't see the twist coming at all

Jiraiza

I just had the thought of how funny it would be if you named your team something that totally indicted you and the narrative (naturally) didn't acknowledge it.

"...signed, 'Ann, Ryuji, & Transfer'"

"Who are these PHANTOM THIEVES??"

I'll make sure to name my team in NG+ "X is my waifu". No one would know.

Balphon

Guts is the easiest to get to 4 but the hardest to get to 5, though that makes sense given what confidants its tiers unlock.

As for Mishima, I'm not sure why he has so many invite opportunities like that. I basically always wanted to reply "Sorry Yuuki, your confidant points are useless."

daveo42

Banned

I must be an asshole because I never decline those invites. I just don't reply.

Guts is the easiest to get to 4 but the hardest to get to 5, though that makes sense given what confidants its tiers unlock.

As for Mishima, I'm not sure why he has so many invite opportunities like that. I basically always wanted to reply "Sorry Yuuki, your confidant points are useless."

Nah, his are fine. As for texts from Ohya...I make sure there's absolutely no one else to hang with and then I go see her.

Top Bottom