• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

duckroll

Guts is the easiest to get to 4 but the hardest to get to 5, though that makes sense given what confidants its tiers unlock.

As for Mishima, I'm not sure why he has so many invite opportunities like that. I basically always wanted to reply "Sorry Yuuki, your confidant points are useless."

Yeah that's my exact experience. Early on I was like "why are people complaining about maxing Guts, this seems easy!" but then... now I'm sitting on everything maxed and Guts at 4 and I've run out of easy stuff to boost it. Hahahaha.

Mishima's desperate attempts to get your attention fits his character though, so I don't think it's an issue. The point is probably to guilt players into spending time with him because he's so pathetic, even knowing that there's no real gameplay benefit.

Zolo

Yeah that's my exact experience. Early on I was like "why are people complaining about maxing Guts, this seems easy!" but then... now I'm sitting on everything maxed and Guts at 4 and I've run out of easy stuff to boost it. Hahahaha.

Mishima's desperate attempts to get your attention fits his character though, so I don't think it's an issue. The point is probably to guilt players into spending time with him because he's so pathetic, even knowing that there's no real gameplay benefit.

Guts was my last to get to 5, but I got it before the gate for it. I just rented about 2-3 books from the library and made use of the time gotten from having time off due to temperance to read them and max it.

duckroll

Guts was my last to get to 5, but I got it before the gate for it. I just rented about 2-3 books from the library and made use of the time gotten from having time off due to temperance to read them and max it.

Wait what. You can borrow books from the library?!

Mishima's maxed Confidant becomes incredibly useful later in the game when in conjunction with Hifumi's maxed Confidant. The game really becomes a whole party affair at that point and it would suck to have certain characters left behind just because you didn't technically finish the battle with them.

Balphon

Nah, his are fine. As for texts from Ohya...I make sure there's absolutely no one else to hang with and then I go see her.

His confidant abilities are fine, but the points don't actually mean anything since his levels aren't tied to them.

Devil's abilities are definitely the worst, though.

Yeah, it makes sense given his character and I even feel bad for him. It's just a weird bit of gameplay/story tension.

Wait what. You can borrow books from the library?!

It gets a new one every time you get a new party member.

PK Gaming

Nah, his are fine. As for texts from Ohya...I make sure there's absolutely no one else to hang with and then I go see her.

Useless in the sense that his Confidant auto-ranks, so there's no gameplay benefit to agreeing to hang out with him.

That said, I strongly, strongly, strongly recommend maxing out his Confidant.

Zolo

Useless in the sense that his Confidant auto-ranks, so there's no gameplay benefit to agreeing to hang out with him.

Mishima's generally worked out for me since they unlocked a new place and helped give me points towards confidants I still needed points to advance (Didn't have Chihaya ranked up enough at the time).

This is how I felt about EVERYONE'S events, though, and I still went to nearly every single one because I couldn't turn them down. The only ones I felt okay about missing were the study dates, because whatever man, and the ones where someone comes over to Leblanc, mostly because I could just dive out the attic window and never have to turn anyone down in person. (This is my in-world explanation, anyways, and I really hope the P5 anime capitalizes on this)

Any time someone was like "let's go see a movie" I'd be like "but I ha... well, okaaaaaaaay."

Mishima's Confidant is one of the most useful in the game for me though, all of that EXP extra from battles makes it worth it (including extra EXP for dormant party members).

Just around the fourth dungeon at the moment and my whole time has been taken with people texting like crazy "let's go see a movie" "let's go for some ramen" "let's go to the park" "come along my little guinea pig" and each time, I just go "yup, yup, yup and yuuuup". I'm too soft.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This is how I felt about EVERYONE'S events, though, and I still went to nearly every single one because I couldn't turn them down. The only ones I felt okay about missing were the study dates, because whatever man, and the ones where someone comes over to Leblanc, mostly because I could just dive out the attic window and never have to turn anyone down in person. (This is my in-world explanation, anyways, and I really hope the P5 anime capitalizes on this)

Any time someone was like "let's go see a movie" I'd be like "but I ha... well, okaaaaaaaay."

Ahahaha, I love the way you described that because every time during the summer I'd get the text from some one being like "yo imma be chillin at lablanc all day" I was just like "thank god i can teleport out, I got shit to do".

You're right though, the only time I capitalized on events were uh ryuji wanting to go see the movie in the beginning because the movie gave guts and let me rank up faster since it skipped a hang out session, and a few other times until I unlocked fortune. Fortune makes hanging out with your friends kind of irrelevant now that I think about it.

duckroll

Just talk to the receptionist right by the door.

It gets a new one every time you get a new party member.

Wtf. I kept trying to check the shelves throughout the game, and gave up when Morgana kept telling me there was nothing worth reading. LOL.

I mean, when I go to a library, I don't borrow books by talking to someone at the counter, I look for books on the shelf first!

Getting my busted PS4 back soon. Gonna finally get to play this. Quick question: Can you make any Persona into a strong one for mid and end game? Similar to Golden, even? I get attached to some and like to keep them if they're viable.

duckroll

Getting my busted PS4 back soon. Gonna finally get to play this. Quick question: Can you make any Persona into a strong one for mid and end game? Similar to Golden, even? I get attached to some and like to keep them if they're viable.

There are a TON of systems in Persona 5 for strengthening a Persona, so I'll say... probably? You can sacrifice a Persona to power up another Persona. You can use Skill Cards to give skills to any Persona. You can throw a Persona into confinement to let it gain resistances, etc.

Yes with the strength persona function in the velvet room.

FluxWaveZ

TgflIuN.jpg

PK Gaming

Yes

It's even better than Golden, since you can manipulate their stats as well.

daveo42

Banned

Oh right. Why did they include hanging out with him outside of confidant ranks then? Makes no sense at all outside of trying to get you to have another classmate friend who isn't all that great either. Maybe (light end game spoiler)
trying to make him relevant for the end of the game?

Lunar15

Skipping Mishima's events should be a crime because they're hilarious. They always involve you and another confidant dunking on Mishima.

Sure, you don't need to increase bond with Mishima, but you always get to increase another confidant's bond during his events. The game knows you otherwise wouldn't need to hang out with him.

broz0rs

By what point of the game did you guys fork over that $100k to the fortune teller? I'm about to start the 4th dungeon and I have the cash, but I'd prefer to hold out to update gears for my team.

PK Gaming

By what point of the game did you guys fork over that $100k to the fortune teller? I'm about to start the 4th dungeon and I have the cash, but I'd prefer to hold out to update gears for my team.

Friggen asap my dude. The Fortune Confidant is extremely useful. The 100k to cover that can be gotten in a single trip to the Mementos by abusing the confusion trick.

Zolo

I just used the confuse trick in Mementos as soon as she became available.

Guts is the easiest to get to 4 but the hardest to get to 5, though that makes sense given what confidants its tiers unlock.

As for Mishima, I'm not sure why he has so many invite opportunities like that. I basically always wanted to reply "Sorry Yuuki, your confidant points are useless."

Hanging out with Mishima, you always run into another random Confidant and get bonus points to them. Plus you get some funny interactions. Shinya running into MC & Mishima was notably hilarious.

daveo42

Banned
Friggen asap my dude. The Fortune Confidant is extremely useful. The 100k to cover that can be gotten in a single trip to the Mementos by abusing the confusion trick.

This. She is one of most useful confidants in the game due to her rank unlocks and (confidant end)
you actually get your money back from her when it's all said and done...not that you need it.

vypek

I went into Mementos with 11 missions to do (one which can't be completed yet) and forgot to do the trick. I'm an idiot. Now I don't have any more bosses left down there to take advantage of it. Gonna have to hope there are even more quests coming up

I probably did it about halfway through the game, after a trip to Mementos (not using the confuse trick, which I didn't do until NG+). Gear is nearly always just an incremental upgrade over your old stuff anyways, so I figured I could just hold off for a little while longer on some of that stuff. It never hurt me in a way I could quantify, so I think I made the right decision given what I knew at the time.

Knowing what I know now, I would've done it even sooner.

Ladekabel

Man fuck Palace Six!
Made it through the dark maze which was so boring. After that in the hallways MC got feared by that dark level 55 lady demon and insta-killed the next turn with full health. Have to do the maze again. Never have I turned off my PS4 faster.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

When strengthening or fusing you'll see the stats highlighted which will grow, if you back out before finalizing and back in the highlighted stats will occasionally rearrange.

all stat growth is the most common which gives you the least spread because it'll do like +2 to all of them or something, but if you keep manipulating that until only 2 or 3 are highlighted you can grow a stat by +5 instead.

It's how people do stuff like arsene with 99 magic and endurance

Setsu00

Man fuck Palace Six!
Made it through the dark maze which was so boring. After that in the hallways MC got feared by that dark level 55 lady demon and insta-killed the next turn with full health. Have to do the maze again. Never have I turned off my PS4 faster.

That happened three times to me before I just decided to escape whenever she appeared.

When strengthening or fusing you'll see the stats highlighted which will grow, if you back out before finalizing and back in the highlighted stats will occasionally rearrange.

all stat growth is the most common which gives you the least spread because it'll do like +2 to all of them or something, but if you keep manipulating that until only 2 or 3 are highlighted you can grow a stat by +5 instead.

It's how people do stuff like arsene with 99 magic and endurance

It's funny how we finally have a new Persona game that lets you choose skills during fusion instead of asking people to reroll fusions constantly just to get the skills you want, only to now ask people to reroll fusions constantly to get the right stat gains instead.

(To be fair, rerolling for stat gains is way more extreme than rerolling for skills, so still a massive improvement!)

vypek

whenever you use the gallows, you can see what stats will go up, if its not what you want then back out and go back in. You can just mash O-X until you see the stats you want are going up.

Its why my Sandman's luck is so high

I wouldnt accept the gallows unless it was luck and 1 other stat

Did you normally level up your Sandman or keep sending people to the gallows for it?

Did you normally level up your Sandman or keep sending people to the gallows for it?
Gallows only for the luck stat ups.

It's funny how we finally have a new Persona game that lets you choose skills during fusion instead of asking people to reroll fusions constantly just to get the skills you want, only to now ask people to reroll fusions constantly to get the right stat gains instead.

(To be fair, rerolling for stat gains is way more extreme than rerolling for skills, so still a massive improvement!)
I wish gallows skills werent random...rerolling for that is annoying.

jrcbandit

Hanging out with Mishima, you always run into another random Confidant and get bonus points to them. Plus you get some funny interactions. Shinya running into MC & Mishima was notably hilarious.
I enjoyed his confidant stuff and interactions because I could constantly insult him without repercussions since the answers didn't affect affinity increases.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Vanilla P4 was the first time I found myself truly experimenting with persona fusions and backing in and out of the menu to see if the right skills had rolled onto my new persona and seeing like 3/4 skills pop up and thinking really hard about whether or not I want to go for 4/4.

Then you go for it and get 1/4 and then don't see 3/4 for another 100 tries at which point you just say fuck it.

Ahhh memories.

Though to be honest P5 has it's fair share of RNG bullshit when it comes to fusing, you can't choose the skill you inherit when you strengthen which leads to a lot of save scumming, and then there are the worst of the worst which are the network fusion only skills like magic ability, almighty boost and almighty amp, which required me to save scum for ~3hours to get all 3 of them on one character.

silva1991

whenever you use the gallows, you can see what stats will go up, if its not what you want then back out and go back in. You can just mash O-X until you see the stats you want are going up.

Its why my Sandman's luck is so high

I wouldn't accept the gallows unless it was luck and 1 other stat

If I ever use sandman to farm money, I will just imagine him carrying all the money on his bag lol.

PK Gaming

P5's fusion system is why i'll keep going back to it more than 3 and 4. I can just youtube my favorite scenes, but playing P5 with your favorite demon set up is a different experience entirely

It's bliss

Top Bottom