• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
P5's fusion system is why i'll keep going back to it more than 3 and 4. I can just youtube my favorite scenes, but playing P5 with your favorite demon set up is a different experience entirely

It's bliss

Definitely, it really feels like I could spend ages in this fusion system and create all sorts of ridiculous min maxed murder machines or immortal tanks.

Ah okay. Maybe I should go get my Sandman and feed him other personas from the gallows. I think last time I tried gallows it didn't let me do it a second time on the same persona though
its a pain in the ass, but what you have to do is register the upgraded persona to the compendium, then drop them , then resummon them from the compendium

Definitely, it really feels like I could spend ages in this fusion system and create all sorts of ridiculous min maxed murder machines or immortal tanks.
despite a few annoyances, I'm enjoying it immensely

My Kaguya and Yoshitsune are so great

its a pain in the ass, but what you have to do is register the upgraded persona to the compendium, then drop them , then resummon them from the compendium

Do the actual stats of the sacrifice matter or could you just use the lowest possible sacrifices to keep going as long as possible?

vypek

Good tip! Thanks. I was assuming I had to come back another day to do it.

I would have loved the gallow system or rather the level up system if they let me choose what the stats a persona gets when it levels. Making a maxed out persona was a terrible experience.

I would have loved the gallow system or rather the level up system if they let me choose what the stats a persona gets when it levels. Making a maxed out persona was a terrible experience.
I googled for ideas on building my kaguya, and then noped the fuck out

LT94Jsb.jpg
Like thats absurdly badass, but I'm not rerolling for that long.

Mine has bless amp and boost, and spell master. However mine does not have 99 in any stat, nor Magic Ability, oh, mine is also Picaro

Qurupeke

I noticed that I had a save in December and I tried to get some trophies. I actually managed to complete Power Intuition's last part on my first try.

Anyway, I started NG+ to max all the confidants, but I also need to read the books and make all the infiltration tools. I hope it's possible.

Man fuck Palace Six!
Made it through the dark maze which was so boring. After that in the hallways MC got feared by that dark level 55 lady demon and insta-killed the next turn with full health. Have to do the maze again. Never have I turned off my PS4 faster.

ahahah

that happened on my hard playthrough. i thought i got this after not dying for so long and then boom. i just equipped anti fear accessory just be be safe, no problem.

Jiraiza

Mine has bless amp and boost, and spell master. However mine does not have 99 in any stat, nor Magic Ability, oh, mine is also Picaro

I better rework my Arsene for full min-max potential in NG+.

PK Gaming

Yeah that's just overkill. You don't need to max your primary stats, and doing that pretty much requires that you slowly level up over the course of the entire game. Screw that!

Too bad you'd only see the benefits with two bosses. You annihilate everything else.

You can min-max throughout the game as well. ShadowSoldier89's Sandman is a good example, as are the various Arsene's.

I didn't try Gallows that much during my first playthrough but those personalized Persona look great o:
That's how she was written, though? I've only ever been criticizing the writing decisions around her. That was how Atlus chose to write her. It's a problem.
Well you seemed to focus on the maid part but if you're specifically refering to the romance option, yeah that's pretty bad decision just to have her be romanceable like all the other girls despite what her story is about. At least the game doesn't force you do follow it unlike P3 and going neutral doesn't block you away from any gameplay benefits.
Her other students, though? What other students? Don't think she even references any of them or what's going on with them at all in the Confidant relationship (hell, aside from the very start, she doesn't even reference Ryuji or Mishima again at all, right? It's just you and that one kid she gave extra help to in the past.
Right after you max out her Confidant you get a scene at school where you see her helping her other students.

But eh the topic seems to have moved on pages ago so let's just leave it here.

(not sure if it's been posted here or not)
but this seriously deserves more views

Persona 5: Persona 4 Opening Tribute
Niiiiice. Having Sae and Goro instead of Dojima and Adachi was pretty neat.

Yeah that's just overkill. You don't need to max your primary stats, and doing that pretty much requires that you slowly level up over the course of the entire game. Screw that!

You can min-max throughout the game as well. ShadowSoldier89's Sandman is a good example, as are the various Arsene's.
What I'm saying is that only two bosses are actually challenging enough to actually fully test out your super duper personas.

Bluecondor

I hate Akechi with a passion.

I want to punch him just below where his perfectly-tussled hair lays onto his nose every time he appears on my screen.

Just finished Palace 4 (around 50 hours in). How far through the game am I? Really don't want it to end ;(
Also how hard is it to max all party member social links? Does the game give you plenty of time or is it difficult to do? I noticed I haven't even unlocked certain confidants yet even though I've mastered others.

Zolo

Just finished Palace 4 (around 50 hours in). How far through the game am I? Really don't want it to end ;(
About
halfway.
Also how hard is it to max all party member social links? Does the game give you plenty of time or is it difficult to do? I noticed I haven't even unlocked certain confidants yet even though I've mastered others.

Chihaya's rank 6 or 7 ability helps a lot.

I hate Akechi with a passion.

Can't stand him or Ryuji. Ryuji is just a fucking idiot. Like the writers consistently went out of their way to remind us of this fact every few minutes. That little
mental breakdown he had when they get discovered before Sae's palace in the hideout
was ridiculous.

And Yusuke just weirds/creeps me out. I mostly like everyone else though.

Astral

Is it safe to do Palace
in one go asap? The game was telling stuff about strengthening my bonds first so it almost makes it seem like the game is gonna skip around right after I finish the Palace.

Careful who you call weak in the first palace.

I'll get Drain Wind later, and I'm thinking of replacing Concentrate with it and also Fire Boost over Inferno. (Blazing Hell is only 3 SP more with Spell Master and has the better animation anyway.) Should I also get Ali Dance over Angelic Grace?

Lunar15

I like Ryuji more than Junpei and Yosuke, and that was hard to say as I actually liked both of those characters.

He has a stretch of the game where he's pretty dang loud, but it's explained within the story and dealt with fairly well. I actually think he avoids some of the traps Junpei and Yosuke fell into. I definitely wouldn't mind if they retired the trope, though.

Also (lead up to Palace 6 spoilers):
His breakdown as actually pretty great. He's really frustrated that it was basically his fault they went forward with getting duped, but afterwards he completely understood that he was in the wrong and even called Haru and Makoto to apologize.

Ultimately, he's more of aware of when he does screw up than previous characters, and I like his interactions with the rest of the crew more than I did Yosuke/Junpei. He and Ann have some great scenes, and I also like how he's used as a mule by other characters. He works well, in my opinion. YMMV, though.

How anyone could hate Yusuke is beyond me. His introduction is unfortunate, but everything after that was pretty amazing, in my opinion.

pixxxelz

Is it safe to do Palace
in one go asap? The game was telling stuff about strengthening my bonds first so it almost makes it seem like the game is gonna skip around right after I finish the Palace.
Yeah is the same as all the previous ones.

Bluecondor

Can't stand him or Ryuji. Ryuji is just a fucking idiot.

And Yusuke just weirds/creeps me out. I mostly like everyone else though.

Ya - I can understand why people don't like Ryuji, as his constant temper flare ups make him annoying.

This makes him seem like a real high school kid though. Akechi is unlikable at any age and any time.

I'm here seeing you people go crazy with fusions and I'm like: I just fuse whatever is either pretty or have some cool power no one else has

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Careful who you call weak in the first palace.

I'll get Drain Wind later, and I'm thinking of replacing Concentrate with it and also Fire Boost over Inferno. (Blazing Hell is only 3 SP more with Spell Master and has the better animation anyway.) Should I also get Ali Dance over Angelic Grace?

Ahaha I love this, definitely gotta stack up fire boost and amp! I personally prefer ali dance over angelic grace because angelic grace doesnt affect almighty and phys.

PK Gaming

I like Ryuji more than Junpei and Yosuke, and that was hard to say as I actually liked both of those characters.

He has a stretch of the game where he's pretty dang loud, but it's explained within the story and dealt with fairly well. I actually think he avoids some of the traps Junpei and Yosuke fell into. I definitely wouldn't mind if they retired the trope, though.

Also (lead up to Palace 6 spoilers):
His breakdown as actually pretty great. He's really frustrated that it was basically his fault they went forward with getting duped, but afterwards he completely understood that he was in the wrong and even called Haru and Makoto to apologize.

Ultimately, he's more of aware of when he does screw up than previous characters, and I like his interactions with the rest of the crew more than I did Yosuke/Junpei. He and Ann have some great scenes, and I also like how he's used as a mule by other characters. He works well, in my opinion. YMMV, though.

How anyone could hate Yusuke is beyond me. His introduction is unfortunate, but everything after that was pretty amazing, in my opinion.

That scene was one of the high points of the game for me, and it's why I look back fondly on October as a whole. The Phantom Thieves are just way less static than the Investigation Team, so you get scenes like this where there's genuine friction within the group. I was especially fond of
Yusuke snapping at Ryuji and angrily declaring that they "never should have gone for Okumura." Too good

And yeah, Ryuji >>> Yosuke for sure. Every aspect of his character is deliberate, instead of being annoying for the sake of annoying.

I'm here seeing you people go crazy with fusions and I'm like: I just fuse whatever is either pretty or have some cool power no one else has
Same. I'm only going to create a super Yoshitsune because I don't have the patience for rng inheritance. Maybe another persona for the
twins

OrionX

Finally finished it. Overall it was everything I could've hoped for, definitely one of my favorite games and a more than worthy successor to P3 and P4.

That boss battle theme near the end, Rivers in the Desert, was so hype. Loved it.

Fiiiiinished! Great game. Gonna look back fondly on the characters and stuff now it's over. Baton Pass should be a staple of the series now, was so fun to combo with Yusuke. Gameplay as a whole was the best it's been, and I'd say the characters were as a whole best in the series. Still not to say more lovable, think I wasn't drawn in as I was with the P4 cast.

Dunno if I'll go for the second playthrough. There were only a handful links I missed getting to rank 10 and I'm not sure I can justify the time. Then again I was so shit at filling the compendium and dungeon strategy this time round I kinda want to raise the difficulty and prove I can make the game my bitch.

gdt

Ok I finnnnnaly have some freedom to explore and do shit on my own. I have 14 days till expulsion.....should I explore and leave the palace till the end of the deadline, or get it out the way? I wanna work on some confidant stuff (do I just talk to them?)....what else can I do? The touch pad thing says people hang with Ann and go to the library, neither of which I know how to do...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Charm MAX! Too bad it doesn't seem like I'll be able to rank up Makoto till after the school trip.

I like how much free time I've got after Palace 4, especially at night---why more of the game couldn't give you free time at night after doing minor plot things, I'll never know.

As a newcomer to the series, this game has caught me by surprise. I thought I'd suffer from "Seinfeld isn't funny" syndrome, but this game exceeded my expectations. It took a while to hook me, but now I can't wait to complete it. I love that they keep the "eeeeeeek ahhhh" pouty face stuff to a minimum and the characters aren't Squall or Rinoa.

I can't raise Sojiro's Sakura confidant level for some reason. I'm stuck at level 2 :(
Try making coffe. I think his Confidants locks at rank 4 until a certain point in August.
Ok I finnnnnaly have some freedom to explore and do shit on my own. I have 14 days till expulsion.....should I explore and leave the palace till the end of the deadline, or get it out the way? I wanna work on some confidant stuff (do I just talk to them?)....what else can I do? The touch pad thing says people hang with Ann and go to the library, neither of which I know how to do...
I say do the palace as soon as possible, or if you decide to leave it at last make multiple save files just in case. Technically it takes at least three days to complete a Palace: 1st reach the treasure, 2nd send the calling card, 3rd fight the boss. Since it's the first Palace, it's probable you can't reach the treasure on one day due to SP, so don't feel bad about visiting it a few more times.

As for Confidants, yes, you just need to talk to the person to activate the Confidant event (if possible, have a Persona that corresponds their Arcana, (have a Agathion in your Persona inventory in case you want to hang out with Ryuji because he's Chariot). Then depending on the answers you give them during the conversation you'll gain points to keep continuing their Confidant faster. I recommend doing the Doctor Confidant since she eventually gives you SP accesories to buy.

Other things you can do are activities that increase your social stats. You can make tools for Proficiency, go to Diner/study at the library for Knowledge (I don't remember the exact floor the library is but I think it's next to the Student Council Room?), visit the bathhouse for Charm, etc. These Social Stats are neccesary to activate/continue Confidants, for example Ann requires Rank 2 of Kindness to hang out with her.

Top Bottom