• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Finished Palace 5. Really didn't care for it. Well, except for the fallout to the dungeon which was the best since the first Palace.

Edit: I'm at 77 hours. I don't think I'll finish it under 100 like I had originally thought.

Balphon

I can't raise Sojiro's Sakura confidant level for some reason. I'm stuck at level 2 :(

You need to make coffee from the pot on the counter at least once to get to rank 3. It takes time, but you'll get confidant points for it.

Rank 3->4 takes quite a few points and thus requires you to hang out with him/make coffee several times. It's probably the single most demanding confidant rank up in the game in terms of points required.

Rank 5 is locked until late August.

duckroll

I can't raise Sojiro's Sakura confidant level for some reason. I'm stuck at level 2 :(

Getting it to rank 4 is the biggest grind in the entire game. Tougher than any dungeon. It took me like 4 hang out sessions to go from 2 to 3, and another 2-3, including bonuses from Affinity Readings to push it into 4 finally. After that it has been a breeze.

SirNinja

70 hours in and loving it. Two weird things though:

It's nearing the end of September and I cannot get Sojiro to rank up past 4. Do you have to make coffee a certain amount of times beforehand or something? I've only done so twice, I think.

Also, I finally got enough materials to make the unbreakable lockpick, and then when I crafted it I ended up making two, lol. Is that a Proficiency thing? (It ranked up to 5 after I made it, incidentally)

gdt

Try making coffe. I think his Confidants locks at rank 4 until a certain point in August.

I say do the palace as soon as possible, or if you decide to leave it at last make multiple save files just in case. Technically it takes at least three days to complete a Palace: 1st reach the treasure, 2nd send the calling card, 3rd fight the boss. Since it's the first Palace, it's probable you can't reach the treasure on one day due to SP, so don't feel bad about visiting it a few more times.

As for Confidants, yes, you just need to talk to the person to activate the Confidant event (if possible, have a Persona that corresponds their Arcana, (have a Agathion in your Persona inventory in case you want to hang out with Ryuji because he's Chariot). Then depending on the answers you give them during the conversation you'll gain points to keep continuing their Confidant faster. I recommend doing the Doctor Confidant since she eventually gives you SP accesories to buy.

Other things you can do are activities that increase your social stats. You can make tools for Proficiency, go to Diner/study at the library for Knowledge (I don't remember the exact floor the library is but I think it's next to the Student Council Room?), visit the bathhouse for Charm, etc. These Social Stats are neccesary to activate/continue Confidants, for example Ann requires Rank 2 of Kindness to hang out with her.

If you do the Palace does it immediately skip days till the next story event? Or do I still get those 12/11/etc days to do social stuff?

Bluecondor

If you do the Palace does it immediately skip days till the next story event? Or do I still get those 12/11/etc days to do social stuff?

No - all those days are your's.

And - the game does a great job making daily reference to how everyone is waiting on the deadline.

Chorazin

SON OF A BITCH I FUCKED UP TAE'S ROMANCE OPTION THE ONLY GIRL I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT!!!

Ugggggggggh I'm so pissed! I thought I answered everything right!!

Bladenic

Forgot to activate a Mementos quest so now I'm gonna have to go back for one quest since it's tied to a confidant. Oh well, after palace 6 (so I'm assuming another area will open up).

Xeteh

... I still like pulling up Makoto's awakening scene for hype. Its so good and it continues to be great.

70 hours in and loving it. Two weird things though:

It's nearing the end of September and I cannot get Sojiro to rank up past 4. Do you have to make coffee a certain amount of times beforehand or something? I've only done so twice, I think.

Also, I finally got enough materials to make the unbreakable lockpick, and then when I crafted it I ended up making two, lol. Is that a Proficiency thing? (It ranked up to 5 after I made it, incidentally)

You should have been able to progress his confidant beyond that at this point. iirc 4 is his peak until
Futaba
joins. You do have to do some coffee stuff before that but I never had to worry about it after that. Not sure what is holding you back at this point.

And yeah, you stand a chance each time you craft something to get multiple... its really silly when it happens with the eternal lockpick.

ckohler

Palace 7 question:

If I send the calling card prior to the election deadline, do I loose those days? I know it didn't matter in previous ones but this feels like the end of the game.

NeatoKuni

whims of fate
caught me by surprise, i thought i was spoiled of all the vocal tracks but i guess not. I can't wait to get the vinyl. It makes me sad not having the one that came w/ p4a lol but if i had to get a persona one eventually anyway i think this one's a good first.

Barely done
getting all the keys for the first floor on
palace 5. Almost 70 hours in. I don't want this game to end. Thinking about it makes me legitimately sad.

LiK

Barely done
getting all the keys for the first floor on
palace 5. Almost 70 hours in. I don't want this game to end. Thinking about it makes me legitimately sad.

Dude, you have soo much more game to go. i'm expecting your final playing time to be 200 hours at your rate. lol

20cent

Banned
Besides Ryuji and Makoto I had zero feelings for my other teammates until the end... Those two SLinks are the only ones I've maxed out :/
I've maxed out pretty much all NPC SLinks though, I cared much more about them..

Thinking about NG+ but I was finally able to start Nier Automata now that I've finished P5, so....

So I'm doing NG+ and I've been able to clear a path to the treasure in the first three palaces within a day. I was scrounging for SP by the end of palace 3, so now that I'm at palace 4 I'm not confidant that I'll be able to clear it in a day. Anyone got recommendations on the least possible days I should take to beat palace 4? I'm trying to max out every confidant, so I'm economizing my time like crazy.

Guess Who

Banned
So I'm doing NG+ and I've been able to clear a path to the treasure in the first three palaces within a day. I was scrounging for SP by the end of palace 3, so now that I'm at palace 4 I'm not confidant that I'll be able to clear it in a day. Anyone got recommendations on the least possible days I should take to beat palace 4? I'm trying to max out every confidant, so I'm economizing my time like crazy.

I generally found palace 3 harder than 4 for keeping SP up. Do you have SP Adhesive 3s?

raveking

Banned
Guys for anyone that has completed the Platinum trophy, for maxing out all Confidants...does it need to be done in one playthrough? Or do the maxed confidants count in the first playthrough get recognized towards earning the trophy? I know that Confidant ranks don't carry over to NG+

LiK

Guys for anyone that has completed the Platinum trophy, for maxing out all Confidants...does it need to be done in one playthrough? Or do the maxed confidants count in the first playthrough get recognized towards earning the trophy? I know that Confidant ranks don't carry over to NG+

Must be done in one playthrough.

raveking

Banned
Must be done in one playthrough.

Fuck...lol so that means I have to play the game through close to the end at least right? I read that its possible to max all Confidants in one playthrough with a month to spare provided you are of course following a guide. FUCK!

I feel like it's easier on NG+ because stats (guts, charm, etc.) carry over so you don't waste time bringing those up

ramyeon

Fuck...lol so that means I have to play the game through close to the end at least right? I read that its possible to max all Confidants in one playthrough with a month to spare provided you are of course following a guide. FUCK!
Maxing confidants in NG+ with all your personality stats maxed is pretty easy.

Graciaus

Getting it to rank 4 is the biggest grind in the entire game. Tougher than any dungeon. It took me like 4 hang out sessions to go from 2 to 3, and another 2-3, including bonuses from Affinity Readings to push it into 4 finally. After that it has been a breeze.
It's easier to just ignore him and use the fortune teller to rank him up later in the game. You could use that time to work on other links or stats.

zulux21

I would recommend just enjoying your first playthrough and go through stuff on new game plus.... you need to do some of new game plus to get all of the trophies anyways so why not just enjoy the game and go quickly through new game plus by skipping all the story you already saw and murdering everything..

Palace 3 was harder because of those Oni mobs where you had to spam magic to kill them quick but had no weaknesses.

Fucking exactly. Those things were SP sponges.

I generally found palace 3 harder than 4 for keeping SP up. Do you have SP Adhesive 3s?

I actually don't, I was too cheap to initially invest in it, but I got Death maxed out already so I guess I should get some. Should I make sure everyone has one or just get 4?

_Ryo_

I dont ever remember having any problem ranking up Sojiro. Maybe its because I made coffee pretty often? It didnt feel like he was gate locked to me in any time before or during August either. The most difficult time to rank up with him for me was when I needed to raise my kindness, which I believe I needed rank 5 when I was at rank 4.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, Palace 3 I cleared in a day but was on empty with SP by the time I reached the treasure room...

By Palace 4 I had 3 SP Adhesives and basically never ran out of SP---also by then my guys could pull out powerful physical moves so mostly SP was just used for healing.

ramyeon

Is there a guide somewhere that tells you where you can get all the mats for crafting? I notice some can be bought at stores but they don't stock many and it might be quicker just to get them in Mementos but I wouldn't know what level to start on or what shadows to focus on grinding.

I don't even think its possible to do all confidants on the first playthrough since you have to work your stats. If you're going for the platinum trophy though, I would save scum for achievements like reading all books or playing all games.

Four is enough, you can just swap them out if you switch party members. They help tremendously in one-shotting dungeons.

Good to know, thanks for the info 👍

LiK

You can max out all Confidants in first playthrough. Other Gaffers have done it altho some were lucky and some might've followed a guide.

cj_iwakura

Is it just me or does 'prolly' appear an obscene amount of times?

See also, Caligula:
C-x_YMtWsAEuVFn.jpg

duckroll

I dont ever remember having any problem ranking up Sojiro. Maybe its because I made coffee pretty often? It didnt feel like he was gate locked to me in any time before or during August either. The most difficult time to rank up with him for me was when I needed to raise my kindness, which I believe I needed rank 5 when I was at rank 4.

Yes if you make coffee, it doubles as a free bonding session with him. I think that's the intention of the game (ie: he teaches you how to make coffee, then you practice it on your own before bonding with him again), but for those who don't want to waste time making their own coffee, just doing his bonding event alone is a huge roadblock until you hit 4. It's very noticeable, even with the Fortune boost. It doesn't help that you can't give him any gifts either, lol.

Top Bottom