• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Grisby

Finally did my goal of getting through dungeon 3 to the end on the first day of vising it. Used several sp items and everyone basically had no spells left. Also had to bust out healing items from time to time.

We're in rough shape but now we got an opening to the end.

I'm on casual and have died several times in this dungeon. Harder then what I thought it would be for sure.

Hama. Hama.

Probably needed to do some mementos or something.

_Ryo_

Yes if you make coffee, it doubles as a free bonding session with him. I think that's the intention of the game (ie: he teaches you how to make coffee, then you practice it on your own before bonding with him again), but for those who don't want to waste time making their own coffee, just doing his bonding event alone is a huge roadblock until you hit 4. It's very noticeable, even with the Fortune boost. It doesn't help that you can't give him any gifts either, lol.

Ah. That makes sense. Can you give any Male Confidants gifts? It never once prompted me to.

As for the Prolly debate, Ive seen and heard it IRL much more than Ive seen Hella.

Gator86

Fucking enoughhhhhh. Goddamn, the end of this drags so much.
Mementos' dungeon is absolute ass and lasts way too long.

Terrific game, but fuck, it's overstaying its welcome.

Fuck. So efficient. I'm at 175 hours and I still need to complete the compendium (90%), complete all games, read all books, and
defeat the twins. How did you handle the twins?

Sataneal, buffs, debuffs, and I chipped away at their health at the same time so I could land the killing blow simultaneously at the last turn. I did use flu season to power level.

Bladenic

You guys

The Palace 6 theme Whims of Fate fucking slays

I see they're continuing the Persona 4 tradition of having the sixth dungeon have a kickass vocal theme (and by continuing I mean hopefully creating).

Sataneal, buffs, debuffs, and I chipped away at their health at the same time so I could land the killing blow simultaneously at the last turn. I did use flu season to power level.
Currently in the flu season myself. Did you actually go to level 99? I'm losing motivation.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Where else is a good place to take Yusuke that will hopefully get me a gift too? I already did the museum.

duckroll

Ah. That makes sense. Can you give any Male Confidants gifts? It never once prompted me to.

As for the Prolly debate, Ive seen and heard it IRL much more than Ive seen Hella.

No, the game is really narrowminded in that aspect. Guys don't give guys gifts to get to know them better, only for girls. Lame as hell. At least Yusuke gave me a nude statue though. Erm.... not sure if want.

As for the Hella debate, how often do you hear Effin'?

Balphon

Palace 3 was harder because of those Oni mobs where you had to spam magic to kill them quick but had no weaknesses.

Lucky Punch + Apt Pupil. It's an effective combo and pretty easy to get early (Obariyon + Bicorn). At that stage in the game it either crits or misses. Usually the former.

I'm so fucking sick of getting wrecked at the two eyes section of kamoshidas palace Jesus Christ.

Archangels are vulnerable to brainwash, so fusing a Succubus for Marin Karin can be pretty useful there. I know it helped me.

Currently in the flu season myself. Did you actually go to level 99? I'm losing motivation.

In the first flu season I stopped at like 85 I also had like 3 requests to cover so it was multiasking. The second flue season in December I was stingy with my money to itemize high level personas, so I power level the rest not to have to pay to fused the rest.

LotusHD

Banned
No, the game is really narrowminded in that aspect. Guys don't give guys gifts to get to know them better, only for girls. Lame as hell. At least Yusuke gave me a nude statue though. Erm.... not sure if want.

Can't even chill with your boy Ryuji at an amusement park without him having to be all weird about it either, damn shame...

In the first flu season I stopped at like 85 I also had like 3 requests to cover so it was multiasking. The second flue season in December I was stingy with my money to itemize high level personas, so I power level the rest not to have to pay to fused the rest.
Yeah I did two farming days in my NG run but I don't really care about being overleveled anymore. What level were you when
you beat the twins.

Not the person you replied to, but:
I leveled to 85 and dropped the difficulty to easy to beat the twins. If I'd bothered to remake my Yoshitsune to have more drain skills, I could've gotten away with lower. Also, when I tried on Normal, I lasted 21 turns before finally eating it. It was hard to keep up the amount of damage you ideally need to do but it might have been possible had I been smarter. Other people have reported success with not-ridiculous personas starting at level 65 on normal, but those people seem crazy to me. Honestly, unless you're specifically looking for the challenge, drop it to easy. It's a much more manageable fight.

Besides that, though, I'm actually pretty close to where you are. I did manage to finish all the books and play all the games already, so I've got ~10% of the compendium, all requests, and
Satanael
to complete. Technically also the max confidants, but that should take care of itself once I finish Haru.

Man, the downtime of following any faq for time management is once you fall behind or forget to do something, it's hard to find the time to complete it. I somehow skipped a Ryuji event once, early on, and it seems to have cascaded down, and somehow i'm down two now, as stuff isn't popping when expected.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
173 hours later...

Ugwp1ty.jpg

NG+ was pretty interesting to go through, took me 43 hours to basically get to the end which is still pretty damn hefty considering I was skipping most things. Palace 5 was much shorter on a replay, I actually found all of them had a better flow going through them again. 3 actually felt the longest.

NG+ boss is probably my favorite in the game, which is crazy since such a small amount of people will ever see it.

Not the person you replied to, but:
I leveled to 85 and dropped the difficulty to easy to beat the twins. If I'd bothered to remake my Yoshitsune to have more drain skills, I could've gotten away with lower. Also, when I tried on Normal, I lasted 21 turns before finally eating it. It was hard to keep up the amount of damage you ideally need to do but it might have been possible had I been smarter. Other people have reported success with not-ridiculous personas starting at level 65 on normal, but those people seem crazy to me. Honestly, unless you're specifically looking for the challenge, drop it to easy. It's a much more manageable fight.

Besides that, though, I'm actually pretty close to where you are. I did manage to finish all the books and play all the games already, so I've got ~10% of the compendium, all requests, and
Satanael
to complete. Technically also the max confidants, but that should take care of itself once I finish Haru.
Well technically I'm done with books since it's only 4 one book mark books which is easy. I have like 4 full games to do which is rather annoying but whatever. I also need to max Haru and Shinya but I have plenty of time. We're so close.

I think I'll do the fight once on normal. If it's annoying I'll drop it to easy.
173 hours later...

NG+ was pretty interesting to go through, took me 43 hours to basically get to the end which is still pretty damn hefty considering I was skipping most things. Palace 5 was much shorter on a replay, I actually found all of them had a better flow going through them again. 3 actually felt the longest.

NG+ boss is probably my favorite in the game, which is crazy since such a small amount of people will ever see it.
Nice. What level were you when you defeated the NG+ boss?

Well technically I'm done with books since it's only 4 one book mark books which is easy. I have like 4 full games to do which is rather annoying but whatever. I also need to max Haru and Shinya but I have plenty of time. We're so close.

Depending on who you've already finished for confidants, you may find those games go by really quickly. I thought it was going to be tight finishing all those games, but then I finished all the confidants you normally see at night, and before long I'd finished every single game with a palace to spare.

I honestly never thought I'd platinum a Persona game. Well, besides Dancing All Night, that doesn't count.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You can basically just burn all the days at the end reading books or playing games without saving then reload. You don't really ever have to commit actual ingame time to it.

I think I'll do the fight once on normal. If it's annoying I'll drop it to easy.

Nice. What level were you when you defeated the NG+ boss.

I want to say 92ish. I didn't have great personas on me either, I went in kinda unprepared. I did do it on Normal though.

The further I get in the story the more I wonder if The Phantom Thieves are partially a stand in for the Persona Team and living up to the pressure of the public/Internet.

Then idea hit me when Haru tells the group when they first meet something like
they don't really know what they are there to do

Depending on who you've already finished for confidants, you may find those games go by really quickly. I thought it was going to be tight finishing all those games, but then I finished all the confidants you normally see at night, and before long I'd finished every single game with a palace to spare.

I honestly never thought I'd platinum a Persona game. Well, besides Dancing All Night, that doesn't count.
That's a relief. I was thinking to myself where I could fit the games but thinking about I still have palace 7 to do. Persona 5 is my first game​and soon I'll have a platinum to show for it as well.
I want to say 92ish. I didn't have great personas on me either, I went in kinda unprepared. I did do it on Normal though.
Interesting. I guess I'll finish my farming around there and go for it.

Nose Master

NG+ question:
I've gleaned there's a hidden boss. It is purely just funsies, or is there plot relevance? Not sure if I should just youtube it, cause after 150 hours I am pretty cashed out on P5 for a bit, here.

Yeah I did two farming days in my NG run but I don't really care about being overleveled anymore. What level were you when
you beat the twins.

85? 86? The trick is to bring people who can buff and bring the damage really.

Ryuji for attack buff, charge, and god hand. Yusuke for acuracy/evasion and his attack skills, Makato for heals and defense buff. Debuff and attack with your main,

NG+ question:
I've gleaned there's a hidden boss. It is purely just funsies, or is there plot relevance? Not sure if I should just youtube it, cause after 150 hours I am pretty cashed out on P5 for a bit, here.
It's not really that hidden though. It's mostly for funsies but I don't you'll have to worry much about being "spoiled."

NG+ question:

Not really. There's a bit of character development for who you fight, but that's it as far as I'm aware. Nothing you couldn't look up on YouTube if you wanted to.

Gator86

Near the end
Oh god, there's another dungeon past Mementos. It feels like every last bit of momentum is gone now. The pacing of the back end is shit. It really feels like the game is limping across the finish line, far more than 3 or 4 did.

Near the end
Oh god, there's another dungeon past Mementos. It feels like every last bit of momentum is gone now. The pacing of the back end is shit. It really feels like the game is limping across the finish line, far more than 3 or 4 did.

It felt like that at first for me, but there is going to be a crazy left turn and the final fight is pretty epic and ties it all together.

kewlmyc

When strengthening or fusing you'll see the stats highlighted which will grow, if you back out before finalizing and back in the highlighted stats will occasionally rearrange.

all stat growth is the most common which gives you the least spread because it'll do like +2 to all of them or something, but if you keep manipulating that until only 2 or 3 are highlighted you can grow a stat by +5 instead.

It's how people do stuff like arsene with 99 magic and endurance

Not 100% sure because I haven't messed around with it too much.
But my guess is that some of the stats of the sacrificial persona get "transferred" to the boosted one. Then you just register the boosted one and repeat the process until it hits lvl 99.

whenever you use the gallows, you can see what stats will go up, if its not what you want then back out and go back in. You can just mash O-X until you see the stats you want are going up.

Its why my Sandman's luck is so high

I wouldnt accept the gallows unless it was luck and 1 other stat

Cool beans. Time to make an absurd Thanatos Picaro and M.Izanagi Picaro.

Can you only do Gallows once per day?

vypek

So do the Futaba lines count as long as they have her popup show up in the top right corner? I'm not sure if the ones outside of battle count or not either.

I didn't have a lot of playtime today so I didn't want to progress with story so I just did some grinding and collecting in mementos. Was able to get a ton of items I wanted for crafting, new persona, ton of new Futaba lines.

Top Bottom