• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Rizzi

What I assume is the final palace?
Seventh palace is the final one right? I do not like it. I do not like it at all. I probably don't have enough time left in game to get many confidants to 10 yeah?

Opa-Pa

What I assume is the final palace?
Seventh palace is the final one right? I do not like it. I do not like it at all. I probably don't have enough time left in game to get many confidants to 10 yeah?

There is one more, smaller and less complicated dungeon after it. You get a couple of days for confidants between the two.

10/11

I knew it was coming, they set it all up, but damn.
It was obvious they were being set up for a fall, but it was still disturbing seeing it play out like that. And the setting for their party made it all creepier.

Opa-Pa

How many days? I think I have like four level 10 confidants. The rest are all at 5-7 D:

Very few actually... Like 3 at the most? Before the 7th Palace's deadline is all good, but after it it's just a couple of days. The last full day you have to bond is 12/22 I think, and then the night of 12/23.

Important Question:

I am someone who loved Persona 3 (and in particular, FES) far, far more than Persona 4. I loved the dark, angst-ridden depressive vibe of P3 over the silly Scooby-Doo goofy setting of P4.

Will Persona 5 appeal to me? P4 felt soulless and cartoony to me as a follow-up to one of my top-5 RPG experiences. Did the localization effort really fuck up that badly?

Does P5 lean towards either of its predecessors in its feel, or is it an entirely new beast?

Eylos

Banned
Important Question:

I am someone who loved Persona 3 (and in particular, FES) far, far more than Persona 4. I loved the dark, angst-ridden depressive vibe of P3 over the silly Scooby-Doo goofy setting of P4.

Will Persona 5 appeal to me? P4 felt soulless and cartoony to me as a follow-up to one of my top-5 RPG experiences. Did the localization effort really fuck up that badly?

Does P5 lean towards either of its predecessors in its feel, or is it an entirely new beast?
For me:

P5 is a between p3 and p4 in terms of dark/depressive tone

Lynx_7

Important Question:

There are no unanimous answers. Some P3 fans did find P5 to be a return to form, but there's no guarantee you'll feel the same way. The tone is darker than P4, so you'll probably have less of an issue on that front.

Guess Who

Banned
Important Question:

I'd say it's neither, but probably leans closer to P4 than P3. In terms of aesthetics, characterization, and plot, it resembles P4 more, but it also deals in heavier subject matter than P4 and is more self-serious. It's not nearly as poppy and cheerful.

Opa-Pa

Important Question:

It's kind of its own thing, but many aspects of it feel like a mix between 3 and 4. And I'd say it leans more toward 3... It's kind of a more mature take on some aspects of 3 if you ask me.

P5 is not a depressing game, but it's not upbeat all the time like 4. I'd say it tries more to be "cool" instead of dark and cheery, but it tackles many subjects in a quite crude way that may come off as dark to some.

P5 is the inbetween most likely, though I didn't play 4. Certain points feels like 3, but not exactly. I can't say too much without spoiling.

Mariip

Important Question:

It's more serious than 4 but not angsty anime stuff like 3... i feel that the animeish tropes were reeeally toned down this time and that works wonders for me, but ruined the experience for a lot of p4 fans since p4 cast was so over the top it became pretty memorable
Reminds me a lot of 2 sometimes, but lacks that titles' finesse

Zolo

Important Question:

I preferred P3, and I'd say P5's my favorite, though I'd like to wait a year or so before declaring. The main thing I'd say is that Persona 5 easily focuses the most on the main plot. In Persona 4, the focus really felt more on the school life part of the game rather than the main plot itself. That said, Persona 3 also focused more on the main plot than P4.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Cool beans. Time to make an absurd Thanatos Picaro and M.Izanagi Picaro.

Can you only do Gallows once per day?

Technically you can only gallows strengthen one persona a day but there is a hilarious work around if you have the money for it.

Basically you gallows strengthen your persona like normal
Then you register it to the compendium so it updates it
Then you back out and remove the persona from your active stock
Then you go back to the compendium and resummon it
Then you can gallows strengthen it again

It's a little time consuming lol.

duckroll

Important Question:

Persona 5 is the true sequel to P3 with the presentation of Catherine.

Rank 9 Fortune: I was going to be a little angry if it didn't finally happen.

Edit:

"there's no turning back" is getting me increasingly nervous every time. ahh!!

Pachinko

Finally got some solid playtime in again today after taking the weekend off to attend a comic book expo.

I'm on September .. 2nd I think ? So far I'm still really enjoying this game. I'm not sure how well it would hold up to a second playthrough because of how much of the game is basically reading through a story linearly BUT It's a super enjoyable romp so far. I also have to say that getting Sun leveled up a few times along with using the fortune money charm... well it's made money a bit less of an issue. I just did a Mementos run that resulted in well over 100K just from enemies and the one before that was over 50K , I haven't even sold junk yet. I'm also kind of rolling my eyes a bit at how many people seem to be playing this with the intent of sapping the fun out of it - using perfect guides on the first play through , trying adamantly to get everything done in one go. I'm not worried about it myself. If I can get a few people to level 10 by the end of the game ? great ! I imagine there'll be some story pay off for doing so. As it stands though, pfeh. Just going to keep going at my own pace here. I'm inching ever closer to this much spoken of 5th palace , who knows what will happen there ?

ramyeon

Finally got some solid playtime in again today after taking the weekend off to attend a comic book expo.

I'm on September .. 2nd I think ? So far I'm still really enjoying this game. I'm not sure how well it would hold up to a second playthrough because of how much of the game is basically reading through a story linearly BUT It's a super enjoyable romp so far. I also have to say that getting Sun leveled up a few times along with using the fortune money charm... well it's made money a bit less of an issue. I just did a Mementos run that resulted in well over 100K just from enemies and the one before that was over 50K , I haven't even sold junk yet. I'm also kind of rolling my eyes a bit at how many people seem to be playing this with the intent of sapping the fun out of it - using perfect guides on the first play through , trying adamantly to get everything done in one go. I'm not worried about it myself. If I can get a few people to level 10 by the end of the game ? great ! I imagine there'll be some story pay off for doing so. As it stands though, pfeh. Just going to keep going at my own pace here. I'm inching ever closer to this much spoken of 5th palace , who knows what will happen there ?
That huge block of spoiler text with no context but the twist is there actually aren't any spoilers in it at all.

Huh, my game just hung for like 30 seconds.

Chose an attack and nothing happened, then a few seconds later the music stopped. Then after a bit it just started again.

Weird.

NG+:
I almost defeated the Twins on my first attempt but removing Mediaharana from Makoto bit me in the ass. I switched personas and got hit by criticals. Of course dodge skills didn't proc for my teammates at all. I'm better off soloing them. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow after classes.

Until next time.

Lynx_7

Huh, my game just hung for like 30 seconds.

Chose an attack and nothing happened, then a few seconds later the music stopped. Then after a bit it just started again.

Weird.

Sounds like the start of a creepypasta. Did you buy it from a suspicious looking old man?

ffvorax

11 October, I have mastered some confidant, but non of the party (at best I got lvl 9), is it normal they still don't give me the possibilty to get to 10 or I just need to go out with them?

Also I need some stat at lvl 5 for some confidants? (all at lvl4 for now)

Only two months to go (I think), I wonder if I will make it to master all stats and confidant... :p

ryan13ts

I asked this in the confidant thread but realized this would be the better thread to ask.

I'm on Rank 8 of him and I got the homeless guy quest just a bit ago in mid October. I've read that I need to max out Mishama before 11/5 for some reason because something happens (Don't know what yet since I'm on 10/27). The problem is that the fucking game refuses to let me have any day time to do activities (Literally almost 2 weeks of daytime has been taken up with scripted events, it's getting extremely annoying)

Basically, my questions are is it true I should max him out by that date and if so, is it still possible so close to that date? Also, is doing requests the only requirement to rank up Mishima (not just hanging out with him like others?)?

Mothman91

Does
Akechi
get less experience than everyone else?

He was like 2-3 levels ahead of everyone else and after doing one palace he's like 1 below me now.

zeniselv

I really would had liked more in engine cutscenes instead Anime ones, and I'm preety much a weabo, but the 3D animation is just fantastic, even the character models had more expression than the portraits, but the camera was usually too far from the characters in regular conversations to appreciate them, it was probably to not show some of the low quality textures and low poly objects, but I hope in the next iteration they make use of them more.

I'm not the only one who hates the audio balancing in this game, right?

Why are sound effects so loud and music so quiet? Why can't it be changed, or balanced properly?

Hype songs like Rivers In The Desert just fade into the background if they're that quiet.

I think in terms of tone P5 starts kinda dark and evens out a bit. It mostly feels oppressive, like the deck is stacked against you.

P3 on the other hand is more of a depressing kind of darkness that just grows. A lot of this is due to loss being a prominent theme.

P4 is mostly lighthearted despite being a murder mystery and is just about a bunch of friends hanging out that happen to be better equipped for solving the mystery than the police.

Opa-Pa

I'm not the only one who hates the audio balancing in this game, right?

Why are sound effects so loud and music so quiet? Why can't it be changed, or balanced properly?

Hype songs like Rivers In The Desert just fade into the background if they're that quiet.

No audio settings is a huge pet peeve of mine, and this game needed the option so bad. I'd play with the volume really high to appreciate the music, and the goddamn sound effect for when you hit a shadow to start a battle nearly destroyed my ears every time. God I hate it.

No audio settings is a huge pet peeve of mine, and this game needed the option so bad. I'd play with the volume really high to appreciate the music, and the goddamn sound effect for when you hit a shadow to start a battle nearly destroyed my ears every time. God I hate it.

1000% agree.

You either lose a bit of your hearing before every battle, or don't get to appreciate the music.

I don't know why this - and other glaring issues - popped up in P5, when they were never in P3 or P4.

Soma

FUCKING

HIGH COUNTER ASS BULLSHIT CERBERUS

i was so close to a safe room too...

*turns off the game only to turn it back on five minutes later*

Zolo

I find it amusing how much the cast talk about how huge Mementos is if you've beaten Tartarus in P3.

FUCKING

HIGH COUNTER ASS BULLSHIT CERBERUS

i was so close to a safe room too...

*turns off the game only to turn it back on five minutes later*

Should've used a soma to restore your sp.

Top Bottom