• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

ramyeon

Holy shit. End of Palace 7 stuff.

Goro's transformation was amazing. Loki is such a good looking Persona. Feels like a throw back to Kaneko designs.

vypek

I've been in mementos for so long that I've found most of the items that I need to craft the newer infiltration tools I got access to. But I still need a lot of one item, "red phosphorous"

I only have one and I think I got it from a palace. I don't think it'll be in mementos

Meneses

Finally finished the game, it was pretty great.

I do think if feels a tiny bit too long, and there's a bunch of unnecessary text at some points, but all things considered it is a great evolution of the series, especially mechanically. It also felt a bit more restrictive in terms of "just go to sleep", but maybe it was just a result of it happening too many nights in a row at some points.

However, weirdly enough, this was the cast I least enjoyed. I only really liked
Makoto
and
Yusuke
. A couple of them were downright terrible, like
Ryuji
and
Futaba

The Confidants on the other hand were pretty interesting for the most part. Wish we had
Shogi Idol
on the team instead.

I also enjoyed the (team mate spoiler)
fake out when "someone" joins your team after seeming to be just a Confidant and then giving you all the Team perks on that SL level up at once. Shame about what happened later.

I do feel that the story was somewhat predictable, except for a certain major thing that in retrospect should have been obvious.

Hylian7

Mementos after 6th palace, and post 7th palace spoilers:
After beating Shido,
I decided to go as far as I could in Mementos. The last few floors, Futaba was saying "We're almost to the end!" like I was near the complete end of Mementos...nope,
another fucking wall! I'm guessing after the deadline for the 7th palace passes (Shido's change of heart), it opens to the last section of Mementos, and the game forces you into that. Unless they're going to explain where the metaverse or Mementos comes from or something, the only real mystery left is Morgana. I would assume we will learn more about Mementos whenever the Morgana reveal happens.

What happens if you get in a relationship with one girl then social link up to 9 with another? It says "Choose your words carefully" but does it change anything if I just hook up with all of them?

ZeroX03

Banned
They nailed the base Persona designs, but...

Half of the ultimate Personas for your teammates are big ass downgrades. Prometheus and Anat are some bullshit.

Zesh

They nailed the base Persona designs, but...

Half of the ultimate Personas for your teammates are big ass downgrades. Prometheus and Anat are some bullshit.

Yeah, I'm guessing the thinking was that some/most people won't see the ultimate personas, so they used their better designs for the base ones. It's a shame, as it feels like you get punished for maxing out a party member's social link (even though the ultimate personas have nice combat benefits over the base ones).

MSMrRound

I've been in mementos for so long that I've found most of the items that I need to craft the newer infiltration tools I got access to. But I still need a lot of one item, "red phosphorous"

I only have one and I think I got it from a palace. I don't think it'll be in mementos

you can get it by driving around at the area that's unlocked after you finish Place #
. Scathach from the same palace/mementos area drops the item quite frequently as well

Lunar15

September is a real chore of a month.

I'm really starting to be annoyed by the pacing of the game.

What's funny is that September was one of my favorite months of the game, but I'm also 100% down with the fact that this game is primarily visual novel.

I'm in the 7th palace right now and I really haven't been as invested in a Persona story as much as I have been here. It's a bit over the top and there's some holes, but overall it's been engaging. I genuinely like the genre they're aping from, though. I read a lot of Arsene Lupin stuff growing up.

I checked this after seeing it on reddit, but if you go to the church on Sundays and talk to the priest you can buy items that:
- restore HP to all party members (Edit FULL HP to all team members)
- lifts debuffs on allies
- lifts buffs on enemies
- Cures all ailments for party (non special)

Crazy how what you don't find out until you've already beaten the game...

Does the eternal lockpick carry over to NG+? Thing took nearly the entire game to get the materials for. -_-

I can't tell you how long i had to grind for the last 3x liquid mercury... if it doesn't carry over then thats some BS.

vypek

you can get it by driving around at the area that's unlocked after you finish Place #
. Scathach from the same palace/mementos area drops the item quite frequently as well

Ah, guess I'll probably have to come back later then. I've only finished through palace 4. Also saw on Reddit that I could supposedly drive around and pick up the orbs in Kalut area of mementos for phosphorus but that seems like its inaccurate.

I checked this after seeing it on reddit, but if you go to the church on Sundays and talk to the priest you can buy items that:
- restore HP to all party members
- lifts buffs on enemies

what?!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What happens if you get in a relationship with one girl then social link up to 9 with another? It says "Choose your words carefully" but does it change anything if I just hook up with all of them?

it adds 1 scene late in the game that has no gameplay effects

Something should be clarified. Social linking up to 10 with any girl is fine, it's the choice you make when it prompts you about choosing your words carefully that determines if this is a romantic or platonic relationship. You definitely want to get as many confidants to 10 as you can.

Opa-Pa

- restore HP to all party members
- lifts buffs on enemies

I can't tell you how long i had to grind for the last 3x liquid mercury... if it doesn't carry over then thats some BS.

Wow and I thought the confessionary mechanic was hidden enough lol, never saw this.

Trojita

So I asked a few pages ago but didn't get a response. Is there somewhere else good to take Yusuke that also hopefully ends in getting a gift from him? I went to the museum already with him.

Wow and I thought the confessionary mechanic was hidden enough lol, never saw this.
I'd always thought talking to the priest was how you triggered the confessional lol.

So I asked a few pages ago but didn't get a response. Is there somewhere else good to take Yusuke that also hopefully ends in getting a gift from him? I went to the museum already with him.

Planetarium. one time he said something about wanting to go to a place that would inspire him. I had a choice between that the museum and that park and I had already done the other two so i wanted to see what that was like. It was nice and you get some cool star stickers for the wooden bars (roof trusses?) on the top of your room.

I think I unlocked the location from a book, but i can't remember where i bought the book from though, sorry.

ckohler

"Rivers in the Desert"

VoDGMFU.gif
VoDGMFU.gif
VoDGMFU.gif
VoDGMFU.gif

I was hoping P5's main boss theme would be good like P4's "The Almighty". It was.

Eylos

Banned
- restore HP to all party members (Edit FULL HP to all team members)
- lifts buffs on enemies

It doesnt Carry over

Only if you really like them. They're pretty overpowered though, so keep that in mind.
yea, I bought Kaguya for my NG+ run. Repel Physical and Shining Light are just absurd. Then I started passing Repel Physical to other personas to just add to the absurdity.

I know Repel Physical is possible without Kaguya, but the DLC does make it much easier to obtain

ys45

So I was wondering something, I finished palace 7 and got 16 days left.

I refused to denounce my friends during the interrogation am I ok for the best ending or is there another event that I will need to choose to correct answer?

If someone could answer that without any spoiler of course.

LiK

So I was wondering something, I finished palace 7 and got 16 days left.

I refused to denounce my friends during the interrogation am I ok for the best ending or is there another event that I will need to choose to correct answer?

If someone could answer that without any spoiler of course.

You're safe. Keep playing.

Zesh

Just started my NG+ with Japanese va. Holyshyte it's so much better than English. Ryuji sounds a lot less asshole now.

On the other hand, I'm finding myself preferring the English VO. I've been using Japanese in NG+, but I'll probably switch back pretty soon. I generally prefer English in just about everything though, so it's not too surprising.

In particular, I think Makoto and the wardens are a lot better in English. I also find Chihaya somewhat annoying in Japanese. I'm sure Shinya is better, though, since he's awful in English.

I also dislike the battle dialogue, largely because I don't like how they pronounce "persona."

StoneFox

Ah, guess I'll probably have to come back later then. I've only finished through palace 4. Also saw on Reddit that I could supposedly drive around and pick up the orbs in Kalut area of mementos for phosphorus but that seems like its inaccurate.

It has to be raining. I'm like 98% sure.

Trojita

I'd always thought talking to the priest was how you triggered the confessional lol.

Planetarium. one time he said something about wanting to go to a place that would inspire him. I had a choice between that the museum and that park and I had already done the other two so i wanted to see what that was like. It was nice and you get some cool star stickers for the wooden bars (roof trusses?) on the top of your room.

I think I unlocked the location from a book, but i can't remember where i bought the book from though, sorry.

Thanks!

Cess007

Just finished Futaba Arc. I'm 50hrs into the game and still can't get enough. Next thing is tackle some Memetos requests and get back my money from the fortune-teller. She sold me a 100k rock >_>

NEO0MJ

Just started the game. I avoided most media about it so seeing how... lacking in warmth the start is was surprising. Also, was surprised by Igor's new voice.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but can someone tell me what major dates and relationships I should keep in mind?

StoneFox

Just started the game. I avoided most media about it so seeing how... lacking in warmth the start is was surprising. Also, was surprised by Igor's new voice.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but can someone tell me what major dates and relationships I should keep in mind?
If you mean exams and holidays, you can see those on the calendar. If you want to prioritize some Confidants over others (what they call the S. Links or relationships in this game), I recommend Death for the best healing items, Temperance for getting more free time, Fortune for helping with other confidant boosts and Star and Tower for battling buffs. You should also thinking about maxing out some party members as it helps with battles, but don't worry about maxing everyone on a first playthrough. You'll know someone's arcana when you start their Confidant.

ShadyK54

Going through Palace 7.

Ann Windsor LOL. Funny bit from Ann there.

I'm actually really into the gimmick of the Palace a lot more than I thought I would, tbh. Still
need 3 of the 5 cards
, so I guess I'm almost at the halfway point? Not too sure.

Also
armored guards/shadows
! Pretty neat.

ckohler

Yeah, the tone is much darker compared to Persona 4.

As for relationships, I recommend focusing on:
Your party members (obviously)
Death arcana
(the back alley doctor)
Temperance arcana
(your homeroom teacher)
Moon arcana
(a shy classmate)
Star arcana
(a shoji player)

As for dates:
Nothing in particular. Just be sure to finish a dungeon with at least a few days to spare before the deadline. You are often forced to leave and come back so you'll need the extra days. I usually did them as soon as possible. Also, if you can complete a dungeon in just one or two days, that'll give you more free time for social links, etc.

NEO0MJ

If you mean exams and holidays, you can see those on the calendar. If you want to prioritize some Confidants over others (what they call the S. Links or relationships in this game), I recommend Death for the best healing items, Temperance for getting more free time, Fortune for helping with other confidant boosts and Star and Tower for battling buffs. You should also thinking about maxing out some party members as it helps with battles, but don't worry about maxing everyone on a first playthrough. You'll know someone's arcana when you start their Confidant.

I meant more for story stuff. Wouldn't want to miss the true ending for not doing something or missing a major plot point.

Recall

What's funny is that September was one of my favorite months of the game, but I'm also 100% down with the fact that this game is primarily visual novel.

I'm in the 7th palace right now and I really haven't been as invested in a Persona story as much as I have been here. It's a bit over the top and there's some holes, but overall it's been engaging. I genuinely like the genre they're aping from, though. I read a lot of Arsene Lupin stuff growing up.

September pre Palace 5 stuff

Who is that girl?
She go to our school?
She waters flowers?
Who is that girl?
Burgers in Hawaii
Burgers!
Who is new person Morgana has ran off with?
She looks familiar!
Who is that girl who waters the flowers?
Does she go to our school?
Ooooh outer space?
Who, which girl?

When the audience know the answer quicker than the in game cast then it just becomes irritating.

StoneFox

I meant more for story stuff. Wouldn't want to miss the true ending for not doing something or missing a major plot point.
Oh, there's no need to worry about that. If you've played Persona 4 it's not as convoluted as that, just use your best judgement when someone asks you something very important. ;P

Top Bottom