• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I've been buying all consumables in the game and hardly been using them. Turns into a nightmare of finding stuff when you do need to.

Rizzi

December spoilers ahoy:
Akechi dying like a punk ass bitch was good. Murderous little shit didn't deserve Loki. :mad:
Mementos depths is the very last dungeon right? How big is this thing?

Feep

Banned
I bought the video game system from the second hand shop a jillion years ago, and forgot about it. Where is it? It doesn't seem to be in my room...

So I was wondering something, I finished palace 7 and got 16 days left.

I refused to denounce my friends during the interrogation am I ok for the best ending or is there another event that I will need to choose to correct answer?

If someone could answer that without any spoiler of course.

You're on the right track, but you will be tested once more.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm getting close to the end game here. That sinking feeling that my adventures in this game are rearing an end and there won't be a story past the credits hurts.

(;_;)

I don't want this game to end, man.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm still in palace 1, and just fought Archangel. I'm running out meds and SP. Does the story normally set points where it suggests I should "call it a day" and go back to the real world for recovery, or should gauge that myself using, well, lack of​ recovery items and SP?

I'm not even seeing a safe room in the next area, and I'm wondering if I should backtrack. Normal enemies take way more time without my specials.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm getting close to the end game here. That sinking feeling that my adventures in this game are rearing an end and there won't be a story past the credits hurts.

(;_;)

This is why I did NG+ and basically rebeat it all for the Platinum.

Now I am an empty husk.

I'm still in palace 1, and just fought Archangel. I'm running out meds and SP. Does the story normally set points where it suggests I should "call it a day" and go back to the real world for recovery, or should gauge that myself using, well, lack of​ recovery items and SP?

I'm not even seeing a safe room in the next area, and I'm wondering if I should backtrack. Normal enemies take way more time without my specials.
you have to gauge it yourself.

Aselith

Just backtrack SP items are very low supply so basically don't do anything that's going to cause you to have to use them.

That said, if you're just low and not out on SP, you might want to keep pushing til you run out.

pixxxelz

Fuck, I'm about to reach the end of the game and just now I realized that I didn't sell any of the treasures from the last two palaces, what a waste.

duckroll

Maxed Guts by reading a Lovecraft novel and then a Luck Reading + horror film. Feels good. Just in time for the Iwai check too.

The tail end of the Sojiro and Iwai stories got really good. Maxed NPC Nishima so I don't have to talk to that loser ever again. Fuck yeah! Progressing well with Hifumi, Yusuke, Futaba, and Haru. At this rate I might have to sacrifice Ryuji's Confidant story for good. RIP. Pretty happy with how everything else is going. Haru's gardening is super useful. So's Sojiro's curry.

Bought the Catherine DLC pack and Messiah. Got everyone dressed up. Gonna go all in on Palace 6 tomorrow. <3

Almost 80 hours clocked. ~_~

Zolo

YES! Will definitely max my confidants! I didn't actually manage that in P3 and P4:Golden.

I would like to give a special thanks to Chihaya and Becky for this achievement.

(;_;)

I just jumped headfirst into Persona 4. 8 hours in and it hasnt grabbed me as much as Persona 5. The tunes aren't as good and the convo's are stilted af!

Putting Haru's confidant story over Ryuji you must be joking Duckroll. Haru has like 0 personality.

I just jumped headfirst into Persona 4. 8 hours in and it hasnt grabbed me as much as Persona 5. The tunes aren't as good and the convo's are stilted af!

mXyupD1.gif

Thud

Maxed Guts by reading a Lovecraft novel and then a Luck Reading + horror film. Feels good. Just in time for the Iwai check too.

The tail end of the Sojiro and Iwai stories got really good. Maxed NPC Nishima so I don't have to talk to that loser ever again. Fuck yeah! Progressing well with Hifumi, Yusuke, Futaba, and Haru. At this rate I might have to sacrifice Ryuji's Confidant story for good. RIP. Pretty happy with how everything else is going. Haru's gardening is super useful. So's Sojiro's curry.

Bought the Catherine DLC pack and Messiah. Got everyone dressed up. Gonna go all in on Palace 6 tomorrow. <3

Rip other anime.

zulux21

to be fair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux9MoJHhczc sets a much better mood than https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H5pYCw4ET4 .

though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73LvR8V2LA is a lot better competition with persona 5's opening.

I am just not a fan of golden's opening just so meh :p

persona 3 fes' opening was pretty solid song wise as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icol0dtcxnU

meanwhile persona 3 portable's opening wasn't that impressive, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd1xnZJZZHQ , sounds like a generic anime opening.

daveo42

Banned
The original P4 opening is so much better than P4G's that it's almost insulting. I don't hate P4G's, but the original sets the mood way better.

This. I booted up P4 on PS2 and was surprised at how much more I like that opening compared to P4G's.

What's the big difference between the two other than Marie at the start?

Edit: Oh do you mean the opening video? Both are good, but I like the P3FES ones better. Kinda wish P5 had another one.

FluxWaveZ

The original P4 opening is so much better than P4G's that it's almost insulting. I don't hate P4G's, but the original sets the mood way better.

Persona 4's opening was the best. After PV01, I was kinda surprised at how the full Persona 5 opening kind of falls flat. It's like certain parts of it were rushed or something.

to be fair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux9MoJHhczc sets a much better mood than https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H5pYCw4ET4 .

though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73LvR8V2LA is a lot better competition with persona 5's opening.

I am just not a fan of golden's opening just so meh :p

persona 3 fes' opening was pretty solid song wise as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icol0dtcxnU

meanwhile persona 3 portable's opening wasn't that impressive, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd1xnZJZZHQ , sounds like a generic anime opening.

Honestly, I feel like Golden's opening does a fine job of preparing the player for the general mood of the show, while the original opening does the same - they just tackle different parts of the game. (One focuses on the mystery, the other focuses on the social activities with your friends.) It doesn't help though that Golden's opening had to highlight all of the additions to the game rather than be its own thing, it's something that P3P's opening did much better, IMO.

Speaking of P3P's opening, while nothing can really live up to Burn My Dread, I really really enjoyed its opening animation, and the song isn't terrible.

Guess Who

Banned
What's the big difference between the two other than Marie at the start?

We're discussing the opening cinematics, not the actual beginnings of the game.

P4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73LvR8V2LA
P4G: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H5pYCw4ET4

Persona 4's opening was the best. After PV01, I was kinda surprised at how the full Persona 5 opening kind of falls flat. It's like certain parts of it were rushed or something.

Yeah, it's especially strange how Makoto, Haru, and Futaba are only in it for a single shot. I feel like it's less that it's rushed, and more that it may have been done fairly early in development before the full cast and story were really nailed down.

Lunar15

The feeling of getting a bunch of confidants to rank 10 is really, really great. I'm near the end and I've been abusing the crap out of the fortune teller's affinity reading, so I've just been clearing everyone off my list.

I honestly think that I could have maxed everyone had I abused the fortune teller earlier and negotiated for money more often for battle. I personally feel that this game is way more lenient than previous games, it's just that it puts everyone behind really weird progression gates at weird times.

Yeah, it's especially strange how Makoto, Haru, and Futaba are only in it for a single shot. I feel like it's less that it's rushed, and more that it may have been done fairly early in development before the full cast and story were really nailed down.

Slight overall story/character spoilers

Just watching the intro cinematic and knowing nothing about the game, I was totally thrown off by their role in the story. The intro suggests the three are working together to investigate the Phantom Thieves/Morgana (Haru doesn't seem to care, but is is still involved with them), so that not actually happening surprised me. Joker, Ryuji, Ann, and Yusuke are portrayed pretty accurately, so I'm not sure what the disconnect is with the others.

I mean guys, say what you will about the 7th palace, but its recurrence of Keeper of Lust alone makes it the best palace in the game by default.

The YouTube comments go on about it having a very Digital Devil Saga-esque feel, which has honestly been my main priority of all SMT games I own so far which I haven't finished, in part due to its soundtrack. I think this may have sold me, once P5 is done with.

Lunar15

Does the fortune tellers help take a time period away?

What about Yusuke's card copying?

Nope. For some reason I thought it did, so I avoided it. Once I realized I could boost the affinity of one link every day for a mere 5000 yen, I realized how much I was missing out on.

daveo42

Banned
Nope. For some reason I thought it did, so I avoided it. One I realized I could boost the affinity of one link every day for a mere 5000 yen, I realized how much I was missing out on.

Her ability is amazing on NG+ too since all of her abilities unlock at rank 1 if you maxed her the previous run. Makes ranking up Devil real easy.

Opa-Pa

I mean guys, say what you will about the 7th palace, but its recurrence of Keeper of Lust alone makes it the best palace in the game by default.

The YouTube comments go on about it having a very Digital Devil Saga-esque feel, which has honestly been my main priority of all SMT games I own so far which I haven't finished, in part due to its soundtrack. I think this may have sold me, once P5 is done with.

Yeah the majority of DDS's soundtrack is like that, it's really, really good. I mean the game itself is excellent too so it's a no brainer.

And honestly Palace 7 has some of the best tracks in the entire game, lots of mini bosses and the best boss in the entire series, so I could take like ten more rat mazes for more content like that lol, I don't care.

Recall

Nope. For some reason I thought it did, so I avoided it. One I realized I could boost the affinity of one link every day for a mere 5000 yen, I realized how much I was missing out on.

That's the thing, time is so limited that if you aren't sure if a task will pass time that youre less likely to try it.

I hope there is a 100% efficiency guide available for my next playthrough in the future.

Lunar15

I think the thing about P5 is that everything seems way more stressful and overwhelming at the start because so many abilities are locked up into Confidant Abilities. The game ends up being way more lenient than any other persona game, but it doesn't seem that way when you can't invest money into bonds through the fortune teller or stay out after dungeons with the maid.

Even EXP and Money seem hard to get at first, but again, the abilities to blow that out of the water are locked behind Moon, Star, and Sun.

I love how Makoto turns into a Jojo character after her second awakening.

This doesn't make up for the fact that (second awakening spoiler):
She loses the fucking bike.

Top Bottom