• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Post game spoilers

I have to say I think that the twists in this game were all handled really well.
It was mostly a straightforward story where you could predict what was going to happen for the most part, but the twists they do have really were well done and hit you hard. Akechi being evil was foreshadowed well and someone on this page even caught the Morgana thing. My jaw was on the floor though with the Igor thing because I did sense something was off with the Velvet Room, but I just thought it was just Atlus doing something different.

Hmm honestly I had thought the Fortune teller girl was planned to be one because as it seemed her back story was set up perfectly for a church or temple dungeon. But I wonder if they designed Hifumi before adding a back story.
Hifumi has totally has the potential to be in it. Her back story is strong enough for her to hate the adult world and she looked like she'd be the tactician on the battlefield.
I hate basically all the puzzles in this game. Gonna make doing a NG+ challenging
The last one was the first time I got irritated with a puzzle. Just randomly moving back and fourth hoping I got the right lock.
She's pretty busty. Whenever you use items or certain moves, major bounce. I was surprised. Lol
Haven't noticed that.

Young Magus

Clock'd @ 24 hours so far in and bout to hit up the 3rd dungeon.......I think....maybe.

Lovin everything so far, played the jp version when it dropped but time forbid me makin it far. Caught up and passed where I was in the jp copy over the weekend.

Only thing that gets me right now is the lack of free time in the early game. Wish I can do events/raise stats but I do need my zzzzzzzzzzzz :p.

Mothman91

Wow.............3rd dungeon is a pain in the fucking ass...............

Regular ass shadows kicking my ass.
Fucking rampage twice in a row...........anyone know his weakness? Lost like prob an hour of progress.

massoluk

Banned
Post game spoilers

I have to say I think that the twists in this game were all handled really well.
It was mostly a straightforward story where you could predict what was going to happen for the most part, but the twists they do have really were well done and hit you hard. Akechi being evil was foreshadowed well and someone on this page even caught the Morgana thing. My jaw was on the floor though with the Igor thing because I did sense something was off with the Velvet Room, but I just thought it was just Atlus doing something different.
Like I said earlier in this thread about the final act.
Is there explanation on how Arsene become Super Robot with that Bullet that I missed, lol.

Edit:it's the power of friendship, isn't it

Zephyx

~65 hours in, early September:

Is it normal for high school students in Japan to go to other countries for their school trip? I was impressed that they talk about it so casually.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Post game spoilers

That
pancake thing
was incredibly obvious to the player.

What is not obvious
is that the characters are also aware about it
, I honestly thought
the characters are just being dumb not to catch that mistake.

The
Igor one tho, I didn't see that one coming. What a clever way to even add the fact that they changed Igor's VA as a twist to the story.

duckroll

Fucking rampage twice in a row...........anyone know his weakness? Lost like prob an hour of progress.

Dying to physical attacks? Use attack down debuffs on the enemy. Heal up often. Hit him hard. Try to get crits if you can't exploit a weakness. It's Megaten 101.

Jintor

~65 hours in, early September:

Is it normal for high school students in Japan to go to other countries for their school trip? I was impressed that they talk about it so casually.

Shujin is (or was) a fairly prestigious school, and
Hawaii is kinda like a 'standard' goal for Japanese tourists. It's definitely on the richer side of things, but still possible.

Mothman91

Dying to physical attacks? Use attack down debuffs on the enemy. Heal up often. Hit him hard. Try to get crits if you can't exploit a weakness. It's Megaten 101.

I should definitely do more attack down but he got off a rampage twice....which I have never really seen a shadow do that.

And I can't even get his weakness.either I don't have light or curse attacks....

graywolf323

post fifth palace spoilers
I know we know more about what's going on than the characters do but damn they're incredibly naive sometimes given they know there's someone killing people using the palaces and they just changed the heart of someone who can reveal all
>_<

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Oni don't have a weakness. Your best bet is either Morgana's Lucky Punch or just brute force them with spells (they are quite susceptible to stuff like electrified, frozen, etc etc)

Or just bring Shiki-ouji as your Persona, as he nulls physical.

I should definitely do more attack down but he got off a rampage twice....which I have never really seen a shadow do that.

And I can't even get his weakness.either I don't have light or curse attacks....

A few in that dungeon are also weak to Psy attacks, so make sure you bring a Persona that can do that too.

There's a Persona that has null physical which I used to get through the miniboss. Name was Shiki-ouji. Try that. Level 21.

massoluk

Banned

I cheesed the entire game with Arahabaki and its Repel Physical. :X

hmm.... how brutal is merciless difficulty? I want to play through this again with more strategy than I did on normal because NG+ is boring me to tears and isn't satisfying. I'm probably just going to settle for hard but I'm curious.

Ferrio

Banned
I never really got into fusing crazy OP persona, I assume it revolves around sacrificing persona and reloading until you get the ability you want?

cheesekao

hmm.... how brutal is merciless difficulty? I want to play through this again with more strategy than I did on normal because NG+ is boring me to tears and isn't satisfying. I'm probably just going to settle for hard but I'm curious.
Why not just try it yourself? You don't lose anything by doing so and you get first hand experience. Other people might have OP or so-so personas that would affect their experience.

Soma

Me before: "Man Mementos are kinda boring. I don't feel like doing them unless I have to..."

Me right after Temperance Rank 8: "OH HELL NAH"

aEfGfLA.gif

Jintor

I never really got into fusing crazy OP persona, I assume it revolves around sacrificing persona and reloading until you get the ability you want?

that's 2008 persona. 2017 persona has inheritance and shit!

the fusing questline is still garbage tho

Ferrio

Banned
that's 2008 persona. 2017 persona has inheritance and shit!

the fusing questline is still garbage tho

I don't understand. How do I get specific abilities for a persona other than sacrificing? Is this something the twins give me later on?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't understand. How do I get specific abilities for a persona other than sacrificing? Is this something the twins give me something later on?

The game shows you what can be inherited and allows you to choose (unlike say Persona 4 Vanilla).

Dear
third
Palace, I'm desperately searching for
safe rooms
all the way and you gave me nothing, and then you gave 2 of it just a few steps away between at the end?! :(

Oh btw, [Mid-June, no story spoilers; just mechanics question]

Is there any limitations in what skill you inherit when strengthening your persona?

I tried to strengthen my Orthrus with Eligor for his Maragi, tried for like 12 times and haven't got it... While my Eligor only got 3 skills..

Zolo

Yeah. Oni are an sp-sink. I made sure to get the SP-restoring accessories before the next dungeon.

zelhawks37

Holy fucking shhhhhiiiiitttttt!

Massive spoilers post 6th palace:

That whole sequence was brilliant!
I had a hunch it was that detective asshole. Fucking pancakes! :)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Passed the 60 hour mark today. Hard continues to be well balanced. Game continues to be fuggin fantastic.

Rainy

Banned
Late June

So just got Makoto, she's supposed to be a really good party member right? I think I'm gonna use her and Yusuke, probably change the 4th person randomly.

Well these adults/confidants are actually in stuck in the dirt due to someone oppressing them and they can't do anything about it which is why you need to free them from the person oppressing them. Happens in real life too. It's the best aspect of the new slink system that I like. Its a give and take relationship unlike make friends and thats it I hope you remember me setups in p3/4. Gives the relationship much more weight.
But that's exactly what I dislike about it. Solving real world problems through magic bullshit feels a bit too 'video game'-y if that's the word. I know that's ridiculous to say in a game about summoning demons and shit but that's how I feel, comparing this to past Persona games. Many of these side Confidants, and the adults especially, are stuck there because of percieved notions, self-hate, and guilt over themselves. I'm close to finishing both Fortune and Temperance. [Late Spoilers for Said Confidants]
Both were close to solving their own problems, consequences be damned. They realized changing fate was something one had to do themselves. I'm not saying I don't want to punish the assholes but they should make an actual effort to push back themselves. It's all talk and no effort but from me the Phantom Thief superhero. Just feels wrong to me.

Again, I'm not maxed out so I open to changing my mind.

IE, find a base persona you wanna make OP. So you sacrifice other persona to level it up and gain the abilities you want. Except what ability you get is random, so save scumming until you get the correct one.
True. But there are also skill cards and basic fusion techniques using the P5 fusion calculator, especially due to late game EXP that nets you all the skills. I'll be doing that if I want some game breaking Persona later on, much better than random BS.

daveo42

Banned
11/21:
So that was a special "palace" set up by joker I assume? That was his cognition that helped shape the events and the phone being the key to accessing the site.

Mediking

I oftentimes refuse to put Morgana in my party just because he is extreme control freak motherfucker.

I'll go to sleep when I damn well feel like it.

COME ON MORGANA THE DVD IS 2 WEEKS LATE. WE NEED TO WATCH IT NOW. THE YAKUZA ARE GOING TO SAW OFF MY FINGERS.

Lmao. Always good to hear from you, man.

Top Bottom