• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

I relistened to the whole soundtrack after finishing the game!

While some music are simply amazing and are one of the best of the franchise, it doesn't reach the global quality of p3 and p4 IMO!

some music i just can't find quality in them, some music placement are really bad, and some music are too short (especially the final boss)... also the mementos music is horrible, why didn't they made it evolve or change it at some point?

LiK

I relistened to the whole soundtrack after finishing the game!

While some music are simply amazing and are one of the best of the franchise, it doesn't reach the global quality of p3 and p4 IMO!

some music i just can't find quality in them, some music placement are really bad, and some music are too short (especially the final boss)... also the mementos music is horrible, why didn't they made it evolve or change it at some point?

I loved the P5 OST as well but I have to say P4G had way more catchy songs I could hum. I also think P5's ending credits song wasn't anywhere as awesome as P4's ending credits song.

Ultimadrago

Sae: So we found some... lewd art on your person as we apprehended you. I have to admit, they were well-drawn, and quite detailed. Were they used in order to give you the "drive" to continue on with your mission? Talk!

*Yusuke abruptly enters the interrogation room

Yusuke: "Enough of your vile postulations! These are purely for the sake of visual appreciation!"

Perfect!

I loved the P5 OST as well but I have to say P4G had way more catchy songs I could hum. I also think P5's ending credits song wasn't anywhere as awesome as P4's ending credits song.

yeah, exactly, like i said, in general P3 and P4 had more good music! BUt the one in p5 that are good, are amazing! Also the final boss couldn't top battle for everyone souls or FOG sadly

and neer the ending
why did they not put a new music when the memento fuse with the real world, why this pretty generic cutscene music is here? That was weird and anticlimatic

zulux21

I'm having issues getting anyone to show up for "One Who Bullies Bullies" request. does school need to be in session for me to trigger this one?

Astral

I somehow managed to reach the 3rd Palace's treasure in one go. It took some fucking witchcraft to beat some of those bosses with such little SP. the last stretch was a fucking nightmare though and I had to run away a bit. Because of that I'm worried I'm underleveled. I'm 24-25. What's a good level for this boss?

LiK

yeah, exactly, like i said, in general P3 and P4 had more good music! BUt the one in p5 that are good, are amazing! Also the final boss couldn't top battle for everyone souls or FOG sadly

and neer the ending
why did they not put a new music when the memento fuse with the real world, why this pretty generic cutscene music is here? That was weird and anticlimatic

Yea, P5 had way more epic and awesome boss music than P4. Def an upgrade.

I have to say that pretty much all the various boss tracks were awesome in P5. Better than the previous games for sure.

Miker

Just finished the second dungeon on 5/30 like the spoiler free guide I'm following recommended and I'm 23 hours in. How's my playtime looking relative to everybody else? I'd say maybe 1.5 hrs if that comes from grinding when I have extra SP and deliberating fusions in the Velvet Room. 12 hours per dungeon seems absurd though, wondering if I'm playing too slowly or that kind of timesink is unavoidable.

StoneFox

I somehow managed to reach the 3rd Palace's treasure in one go. It took some fucking witchcraft to beat some of those bosses with such little SP. the last stretch was a fucking nightmare though and I had to run away a bit. Because of that I'm worried I'm underleveled. I'm 24-25. What's a good level for this boss?
I did the same thing and ended up at level 26 and was able to beat the boss. :)

Kinsei

Banned

I completely stomped the boss at level 26. 24-25 should be fine.

Toki767

Spent 2 and a half hours going through the 5th and 6th floor of Mementos and killing bosses.

Came out of it with 1.3 million yen. Feels good.

Jiraiza

16 days of free time after finishing the 5th Palace. Super interested in the story now that
mysterious figure showed up
. Ruthless.

FluxWaveZ

You know, Shiho has a really nice character design. Not at all like "incidental character #2" or something

I was a bit bummed that you're never able to
visit her at the hospital along with Ann. That one interaction she has with the protagonist at the beginning of the game was nice.

LotusHD

Banned
I was a bit bummed that you're never able to
visit her at the hospital along with Ann. That one interaction she has with the protagonist at the beginning of the game was nice.

I thought that was dumb that we weren't invited, but I get it I guess...

Actually what I really thought was dumb was the fact that that was tied to her S-link.
I took my damn time getting to that part of Ann's S-link, so it looked really dumb and inconsistent that it took Ann several months to finally visit her... They should've at least made that part of the story and forced us to go visit her once Kamoshida was dealt with.

daveo42

Banned
Finally made to Palace 7.
Man that intro to the boat was pretty sweet. Time to figure out how long I'll dick around before either going into Mementos and the dungeon. I should have a flu day coming up soon I hope and a few confidants I want to rank up a bit more or max before heading in. Hmm...this will be a tough month to power through.

Edit: Activity question (during late Nov/Dec) -
Do they at least give you your freetime during the day to do something at home? I mean, I could totally read or play video games or something during the school hours instead of just lounge around.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just finished the second dungeon on 5/30 like the spoiler free guide I'm following recommended and I'm 23 hours in. How's my playtime looking relative to everybody else? I'd say maybe 1.5 hrs if that comes from grinding when I have extra SP and deliberating fusions in the Velvet Room. 12 hours per dungeon seems absurd though, wondering if I'm playing too slowly or that kind of timesink is unavoidable.

Im pretty much in the same spot as you: 23 hours in, end of May, second palace down.

Im not using a guide though.

zulux21

this is the first time I have been actively pissed at persona 5.

I can't seem to get the info for the those who bullies bullies momentoes.
everyone keeps telling me to go momentoes
I have like 9 requests aside from that.
but the cat won't let me go in unless I don't have any outstanding targets to learn about.

it's the middle of summer break...
I can't seem to trigger the info until school is back in...
I have two confidants I can't level anymore without going there.
the game has completely locked me out of being able to continue those, go there, or even get anymore money right now (well meaningful money I can work jobs to waste time) since I already finished palace 4.

this is really dumb *sigh*

edit: -_- seems they really just wanted me to view the requests in the meeting instead of my menu... I still stand the cats wording about finding more info is dumb, and that it is also dumb that I can't seem to get the info I need during an entire month.

Ulong

This is pretty minor, but it bothers me that when Futaba gives you a free win with position hack, it just shows the MC's all out attack win screen. Those screens are fun and it's a shame one party member doesn't have one.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thanks for the answer.

Also just for confirmation, here's what happened prior to me starting Palace 7.

I didn't sell out my team and somehow insinuated that it was Akechi that was the traitor without realizing it. So he went into the room and shot cognitive version MC after being shown the phone by Sae. After that she brought MC to Leblanc where Makoto explained the whole plan.

Am I on True Ending path or did I fuck it up? I heard something along the lines of this being the decision point for it but I'm not sure.

Nah you're alright.

There is also another path down the road but the one that you need to take to get the best ending is incredibly obvious.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Is there an option I'm missing? I remember (maybe I'm remembering wrong) in Persona 4G you set a default persona that even if you change it in a fight after the fight ends it will return to that default persona.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
this is the first time I have been actively pissed at persona 5.

I can't seem to get the info for the those who bullies bullies momentoes.
everyone keeps telling me to go momentoes
I have like 9 requests aside from that.
but the cat won't let me go in unless I don't have any outstanding targets to learn about.

it's the middle of summer break...
I can't seem to trigger the info until school is back in...
I have two confidants I can't level anymore without going there.
the game has completely locked me out of being able to continue those, go there, or even get anymore money right now (well meaningful money I can work jobs to waste time) since I already finished palace 4.

this is really dumb *sigh*

edit: -_- seems they really just wanted me to view the requests in the meeting instead of my menu... I still stand the cats wording about finding more info is dumb, and that it is also dumb that I can't seem to get the info I need during an entire month.

The only one being blocked that way is the bullies, I believe? Which you can pretty much solve anyways by the time the school reconvene and you deal with any other mementos requests from confidants, etc etc.

zulux21

The only one being blocked that way is the bullies, I believe? Which you can pretty much solve anyways by the time the school reconvene and you deal with any other mementos requests from confidants, etc etc.

yeah I wasn't to worried about that. it was more the fact that the cat kept repeatedly telling me that I had a lead to investigate and wouldn't let me go into momentos because of that.

turns out that it just wanted me to check the requests in the meeting, but the wording wasn't clear at all.

that being said... I am just glad I have that mission in general as it sounds like it's actually possible to get locked out of that mission in general and make it impossible to complete all the missions.

given I thought I was being locked out it was why I was really annoyed, especially since I had just spent most of my free time and money leveling up my ranks with people to improve my rewards in momentos.

Zolo

that being said... I am just glad I have that mission in general as it sounds like it's actually possible to get locked out of that mission in general and make it impossible to complete all the missions.

Yeah. I'm still missing the one you get from the Flower Shop. I've worked there twice and still haven't got anything.

Of course, I need kindness and proficiency at this point anyway....

So I got to 10/22 tonight. So far I only have 2 Confidants maxed. I haven't even started Empress or Tower, and the rest of them hover around ranks 4-7. Kinda bummed at how shit my progress has been on this front, but holy crap the stat barriers are so brutal. I almost had a mental shutdown of my own tonight trying to rank up Kindness. I just kept pumping days and days into it and it would not freakin rank up past 3. Finally got it to 4, thought I might cry.

Can anyone spoil me on how screwed I am? How many can I feasibly get to 10 before the end of the game? So far my Charm is the only stat I have maxed, but everything else is at 4.

Is there an option I'm missing? I remember (maybe I'm remembering wrong) in Persona 4G you set a default persona that even if you change it in a fight after the fight ends it will return to that default persona.

I think you should be able to turn off Persona Memory in the settings. That way it'll default to whatever Persona you have equipped in the main menu.

zulux21

Yeah. I'm still missing the one you get from the Flower Shop. I've worked there twice and still haven't got anything.

Of course, I need kindness and proficiency at this point anyway....

you just have to do it three times :p

but yeah I figured I could focus on some other things since I am well on pace to having all my stats maxed, I have all of them but kindness at 4 and kindness at 3 in the middle of august.

I am about to hit 40 hours (with 4 palaces done) so that is fun.

meanwhile my wife is sitll working on palace 4 and she has 60 hours lol.

Early December story spoiler:

I know this was written way before the American election but boy
does some of the things these NPCs say sounds eeriely familiar... even more so after Shido confessed in front of the camera.

"I just want Shido to win."
"I don't care if he grabs pussies."
"He alone can fix this country."

They didn't exactly say that but they might as well
I was thinking the exact same thing when I played the game.
Trump's palace would be a giant locker room.

I had forgotten that in your first interactions with Makoto
(when she's following you around in Shibuya) she tells you that she has to go shopping to Rocinante
I really laughed at that irl.

This game has a fantastic sense of humor.

Zephyx

Given how it happens like in every anime/game I think so.

Shujin is (or was) a fairly prestigious school, and
Hawaii is kinda like a 'standard' goal for Japanese tourists. It's definitely on the richer side of things, but still possible.

Still early September:

If I'm not mistaken, I remember the school trip in P3/P4 being
somewhere around Japan so I was a bit surprised it happens elsewhere.
Good for them though.

Still @ work, but I'm thinking how to approach the game later. Only Persona has this effect on me.

Top Bottom