• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

NeatoKuni

Just got into a car accident a couple hours ago and bled all over the straps of my P5 bag. (I'm ok, but the window shattered and I got glass in my arm which is why blood got everywhere). I'm so upset because it was my first time bringing the damn thing out (it had my work clothes and junk bc I was getting picked up by a friend). What are the odds you think Atlus would send me a replacement if I asked?
or i guess, what do you think would work best to get my blood off my bag. peroxide didn't do much rip. anyone know what the fabric is, i feel like that might help my research.
Worst case I can probably order a new one from somewhere like ebay.

(and before anyone gets worried, it was 100% the other parties fault and neither of us were seriously injured/we're insured!!)

My first Persona game. Took me just shy of a month to finish it after 90 hours. Absolutely loved it and can't wait for 2026 for Persona 6. Might actually give 4 a go, just a shame I have to dig out a PS3 to do it.

My only wish is if only it were in a college setting, but whatever. Loved the ending.

Best wishes.

Rizzi

Persona 5 beaten. End game spoilers ahead.

The voice for real Igor is kind of.. weird.
I got serious SMT vibes at the end though. Climbing a massive tower in the middle of Tokyo, fighting a choir of angels and then shooting a massive god in the face. I only got the fortune arcana to rank 9 though. NG+ is going to be annoying without that at rank 10 I guess. :/

Enjoyed the game a little more than Persona 3, but less than Persona 4.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
My first Persona game. Took me just shy of a month to finish it after 90 hours. Absolutely loved it and can't wait for 2026 for Persona 6. Might actually give 4 a go, just a shame I have to dig out a PS3 to do it.

My only wish is if only it were in a college setting, but whatever. Loved the ending.

Best wishes.

P4G is a much better experience compared to P4 due to its various additions. The worst part is that you will require a Vita to play it tho.

September spoilers:
By the time Morgana drove away in Mementos I really felt like "Bye bitch." Why did he have to get so pissy? The worst he got was a minor bit of Ryuji dishing back what he had been taking from Morgana all game.

Opa-Pa

Just got into a car accident a couple hours ago and bled all over the straps of my P5 bag. (I'm ok, but the window shattered and I got glass in my arm which is why blood got everywhere). I'm so upset because it was my first time bringing the damn thing out (it had my work clothes and junk bc I was getting picked up by a friend). What are the odds you think Atlus would send me a replacement if I asked?
or i guess, what do you think would work best to get my blood off my bag. peroxide didn't do much rip. anyone know what the fabric is, i feel like that might help my research.

(and before anyone gets worried, it was 100% the other parties fault and neither of us were seriously injured/we're insured!!)

Dude,

Where do I start lmao.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Having to choose who to spend the last of your time with on 9/10

giphy.gif

BTA

I uh.

I'm glad you're ok?

Rizzi

Be rebellious and leave that blood on there.
Glad you're okay.

NeatoKuni

Glad you're alright
How is the quality of that bag anyways? The best way to get blood off it would probably just be like cold water and hydrogen peroxide. Just rub the shit out of it.

It's pretty nice! I like it a lot as like a gym bag! The lining is pretty thin, so I wouldn't put like a laptop in it or anything fragile, but like for overnights and stuff, it's perfect. I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow.

Be rebellious and leave that blood on there.
Glad you're okay.

when i get nervous i make jokes and while my friend was freaking out and apologizing I jokingly said I'd just color the straps with a sharpie lol.

PK Gaming

Jesus

I'm glad you're okay. I don't think you'll be able to get a replacement, but it's probably worth sending an email or something.

Sure wish during (late 12/24)
the start of the merged Shibuya-Mementos dungeon they'd let you get weapons and meds from Iwai and Tae one last time (since they're aware of the madness). I'm sure they could have figured out a way to make it work narratively. But it's the last stretch of the game and I want to go hog wild on my purchases.
:/

ChrisD

That's the one. His name was eluding me.

I bring it up because people were mentioning how good all the Persona's look in P5 to finally be able to see them in HD glory.

Mara however in HD glory is the stuff of nightmares... ; ;

And then he gets Weak and goes limp.
HD
ick

kewlmyc

Surprised you're worried about the bag after something like that. Glad you're okay.

And you could always ask Hardin on Twitter, but I'm guessing the answer would be no.

NeatoKuni

Jesus

I'm glad you're okay. I don't think you'll be able to get a replacement, but it's probably worth sending an email or something.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll send something tomorrow morning, I figure it's worth a shot!

Surprised you're worried about the bag after something like that. Glad you're okay.

And you could always ask Hardin on Twitter, but I'm guessing the answer would be no.

I know with everything else we're in good hands, I'll shoot Hardin a tweet too, see what I can do!!

edit: oh wait, apparently he left atlus? i had no clue.

Thanks for the positive wishes everyone, haha. I realize how out of the blue my post was lmao.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I am unsure if I want to do NG+ or not.
I don't really have a burning need like I did with Persona 4.

I was about to...then I just wound up replaying P3FES lol. Imma let my thoughts on P5 bake a bit in my mental oven now that I've finished it before I dive into NG+. You're right though I don't have an overwhelming desire to instantly replay it like I did P4

TheStig88

I am unsure if I want to do NG+ or not.
I don't really have a burning need like I did with Persona 4.
I thought it was a lock for me, but about half way through the
seventh Palace
I'm running out of steam. I definitely will at some point for the platinum, but I really don't think I'm going to have to stomach to roll straight into another playthrough.

I've never finished P3/4 either so if I think that if I'm still itching for some Persona my time is probably better spent there.

ramyeon

How far in NG+ do I need to get to (Secret boss spoilers)
beat the Twins
? I wanna Platinum this but I generally need a few years between replays of any game.

Lunar15

Ryuji is too good for this sinful earth, best bro, etc, etc

It's crazy to me that people dislike him when he's easily the best of the bro bunch. He's got rough edges, but i found that he gelled with the cast more than the other two.

P3P Junpei is pretty good though.

Another thing about text messages:

We'll be talking about something, like, say, Persona 2 is an overrated game, and some will chime in on the discussion, but not one of the more "important" people on the subject until it is said "Hey, Duckroll, are you going to respond to my scathing comments on Persona 2" and then that person will jump in on the discussion.

And this primarily happens when said person is the expert on the subject but won't comment until their name is evoked in a conversation by someone.

It's crazy to me that people dislike him when he's easily the best of the bro bunch.

P3P Junpei is pretty good though.

I ask this half remembering a controversy that is either real or imaginary. I thought people loved Junpei, but then his voice actor, either in Japanese or in English, kind of revealed themselves to be an ass. Am I wrong and misremembering this?

jrcbandit

Is the memento boss confuse trick unlimited cash? I could have sworn the earlier bosses ran out of cash but the one I'm doing now keeps doing it. I don't want to quit because I think this might be last memento boss I get lol. Do you get more memento bosses in the final month (most of my social links are maxed)? I think there is a whole section (final?) I just unlocked with 0 bosses in it.

ramyeon

Is the memento boss confuse trick unlimited cash? I could have sworn the earlier bosses ran out of cash but the one I'm doing now keeps doing it. I don't want to quit because I think this might be last memento boss I get lol. Do you get more memento bosses in the final month (most of my social links are maxed)? I think there is a whole section (final?) I just unlocked with 0 bosses in it.
Unlimited.
There is a final request in November/December but I think the last one you can farm for money is the one that takes the form of Chernobog.

Dark_castle

If you want to build a strong Persona line-up, then Tsukiyomi Picaro is the one that you want since it's the only way right now to have Spellmaster skill card (itemize it), just to make it easier to spread what is quite possibly the best passive skill around your Personas.

What, no! Spellmaster is not hard to spread around in endgame because it's not that uncommon. Kaguya is the best pick for dlc because shining arrows is potentially the most damaging spell in the game.

ryan13ts

Asked before but never got an answer.

I'm on Rank 8 with Mishima, finished the homeless guy request but he's not showing up anywhere for me to hang out with him (I'm on 10/30 btw). I read I should have him maxed out by 11/5 because something happens, and now I'm worrying I won't be able to do that by then. Do I really need to have him maxed by then? And is doing requests for him the only requirement for ranking up this late in his quest line?

Soma

nooooo i'm not gonna be able to max out haru's social link before the deadline ;_;

(i'm honestly mostly sad because i just really wanted to fuse mother harlot)

Arkain

Asked before but never got an answer.

I'm on Rank 8 with Mishima, finished the homeless guy request but he's not showing up anywhere for me to hang out with him (I'm on 10/30 btw). I read I should have him maxed out by 11/5 because something happens, and now I'm worrying I won't be able to do that by then. Do I really need to have him maxed by then? And is doing requests for him the only requirement for ranking up this late in his quest line?

Did you check Akihabara at night?

I already had him maxed long before I did the quest you mentioned, so that's not it.

jrcbandit

Unlimited.
There is a final request in November/December but I think the last one you can farm for money is the one that takes the form of Chernobog.
Ah thanks. Definitely the last one I can farm for money. Took a break but now continuing the battle lol. The nice persona are $$$$.

ryan13ts

Did you check Akihabara at night?

I already had him maxed long before I did the quest you mentioned, so that's not it.

Yep, that's the last place he's been hanging out lately and he's not there. I've done every request that's been put up too, the latest being that homeless guy, so I'm not sure why he isn't appearing.

Is the whole thing about needing to max him by 11/5 true?

umm the game is telling me to choose my words carefully cuz I'm already in a relationship but i have purposefully​ stopped at rank 9 with confidants to avoid this problem.

ramyeon

umm the game is telling me to choose my words carefully cuz I'm already in a relationship but i have purposefully​ stopped at rank 9 with confidants to avoid this problem.
You can max confidants without getting in relationships with them. But the relationship flag is in rank 9.

(Rank ~5 Hermit)
"Or are you more into streaming? I'd gladly subscribe to your channel.
W-W-Wait, do you by chance run one of those... racy channels?
You'd need to be super courageous to do that, though it certainly wouldn't be unwelcome... Kek."
-Mishima to Futaba
This is it. This is the apex.

Guess Who

Banned
(Rank ~5 Hermit)
"Or are you more into streaming? I'd gladly subscribe to your channel.
W-W-Wait, do you by chance run one of those... racy channels?
You'd need to be super courageous to do that, though it certainly wouldn't be unwelcome... Kek."
-Mishima to Futaba
This is it. This is the apex.

watching mishima get totally fucking ass destroyed by futaba in that scene was genuinely one of the best moments of the whole game

I feel like I'm getting close to finishing the game. Which is good because that one plot point that just happened was so goddamn stupid that my enthusiasm to play much more was killed anyway.

Late game late-november spoilers
That whole part from the point where you catch up to the flashback until you get control again is just ???????????????

Top Bottom