• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

vypek

Man of Many Faces and Debts.

Apparently it's triggered by a text message after getting Mishima to Rank 8, I must have missed the message.

That really sucks that you can miss missions like that and then the text can also be deleted. I better start checking IMs far more often.

Bladenic

I was thinking that none of the people at school were really memorable aside from the girl who was a reporter? We didn't get a Funky Student equivalent which was a shame. You didn't even get sidequests from them like in P4G, iirc. They actually did a good job making all the students unlikeable, tbh.

Whatever happened to the girl obsessed with some guy? She's completely disappeared (to be fair I didn't check up on random students post Kamoshida except rarely, there's no point to running around school).

duckroll

Whatever happened to the girl obsessed with some guy? She's completely disappeared (to be fair I didn't check up on random students post Kamoshida except rarely, there's no point to running around school).

Did you finish her mementos quest? If you did, you can find her apologizing to the guy in the hallway in school.

In fact, many of the Mementos targets can be found in the game before and after, it's a nice touch.

Eylos

Banned
she start a friendship with the Guy,and say something Like "this is the First Step"
or something

LiK

Did you finish her mementos quest? If you did, you can find her apologizing to the guy in the hallway in school.

In fact, many of the Mementos targets can be found in the game before and after, it's a nice touch.

Yea, they actually have a lot of subtle interactions you can find after completing some Mementos. Pretty cool that they bothered to do that.

I know I just posted about her, but I played through that mementos mission in two playthroughs and didn't make that connection until now. So THAT'S why Mishima is all like "you know this girl come on."

marmoka

Banned
So I discovered I have some addiction to Persona 5.

Yesterday and the day before yesterday were public holidays in the place I live. Well I realized today that I played P5 for about 18 hours between those 2 days. It was 3:30AM in Monday night when I realized I had to go to bed.

The weather was fine, I could have taken the opportunity to go outside, take a walk, visit a neighbourhood or a little town nearby, have a beer,... But no, I had to stay at home playing the fucking game.

I went earlier to bed yesterday because my character died, otherwise I wonder until when would had I been playing.

I have totally played about 40 hours, according to the info in my save file. I'm still in the end of July (
Futaba palace
). I want to finish this game as soon as possible, and have a normal life again.

It's been so long since I got addicted to a game like this. Something similar happened to me with SMT IV and Apocalypse, but not so extreme.

This game is awesome, really. The best Persona for me. I got bored easily with P3 and P4, and this time I'm enjoying everything.

sappyday

Finally finished the game. Loved the hell out of it. I ain't gonna go ranking things yet but this is my favorite game this gen so far.

I'm really sad that it's over. People complain that it's too long but here I am wishing we got an extra month to play.

vypek

I only like to progress the story when I have very long play sessions since this is a JRPG and I like to really try to delve deep into it and take my time. So I'm pretty much limited to playing on the weekends so this game might last me quite a good while.

On days when I can only play for a couple of hours or less I will do stuff in Mementos. The last 4 or so hours of gameplay have all been in Mementos for me. Had some pretty good progress. I'm slowly collecting the Red Phosphorus while I grind out Futaba lines, experience, treasure, weapons and armor. What an incredibly rare drop for the enemy it comes from. And I have far too many aluminum sheets now lol

Hyoukokun

I'm really sad that it's over. People complain that it's too long but here I am wishing we got an extra month to play.

I was spoiled about the fact that there was a Valentine's Day event, and so spent much of the last dungeon wondering how exactly they were going to escalate from fighting God (well, the Demiurge, anyhow). I'm generally glad that they didn't, but I was a bit surprised when I saw the game start to skip over weeks at a time.

Zafir

Finally finished the game. Loved the hell out of it. I ain't gonna go ranking things yet but this is my favorite game this gen so far.

Heh, yeah.

I wish the events from Late Oct-end of the game were spread out over an extra month or something. I felt like they tried to pack too much story into the last section of the game.

LiK

Heh, yeah.

I wish the events from Late Oct-end of the game were spread out over an extra month or something. I felt like they tried to pack too much story into the last section of the game.

Sounds like P4 before P4G happened where it felt like so much shit was missing. So much potential for the enhanced rerelease.

Astral

I have no problem with the pacing at the end of the game. It just leaves me wondering what they're gonna do
with the remaining months. Does the game skip from Christmas, to Valentine's Day, to March?

daveo42

Banned
I have no problem with the pacing at the end of the game. It just leaves me wondering what they're gonna do
with the remaining months. Does the game skip from Christmas, to Valentine's Day, to March?

Yes, but that's standard for most the modern formula of Persona games. Looking at the guide
it seems like even min-max you can basically spend a whole month playing catch up on books/games for trophies and hang out with your maxed out confidants.

Astral

Yes, but that's standard for most the modern formula of Persona games. Looking at the guide
it seems like even min-max you can basically spend a whole month playing catch up on books/games for trophies and hang out with your maxed out confidants.

Oh I see. Sounds kinda boring honestly.

Was gonna grab this today but it's literally impossible to find. Sold out at every super market with most never bothering to stock it. The local GAME got like 5 copies that were all preorders. Amazon is down to just resellers now. WTH?!

Was gonna grab this today but it's literally impossible to find. Sold out at every super market with most never bothering to stock it. The local GAME got like 5 copies that were all preorders. Amazon is down to just resellers now. WTH?!

it was sold out before, so even the reprint sold out, eh? seems like retailers didn't order enough. gotta trust in those jrpgs more.

Aselith

To be fair I never knew this was an issue with anything but Nintendo. P4G was on the shelves for ages where I live. At this point it's looking like I'll end up having to skip it since my last resort is PSN with an almost £20 premium.

Yeah just keep.an eye out for it, it'll come back in stock

Kyuur

Is there enough time to max nearly all the social links in one playthrough if you're not playing optimally? I just got access to the
5th
palace and have one maxed, then about half at 5-8 and about half 3-4. There tends to be a bunch of non-up hangouts available.

I was thinking that none of the people at school were really memorable aside from the girl who was a reporter? We didn't get a Funky Student equivalent which was a shame. You didn't even get sidequests from them like in P4G, iirc. They actually did a good job making all the students unlikeable, tbh.

Really? Off the top of my head: Reporter girl, stalker girl (and the guy she's stalking), totally-a-phantom-thief guy, girl who hangs out with her sensei, the food-trends girls, the bully and chubby guy. A couple of them have mementos-related stuff.

Stalker-chan? I wonder if I missed out on this completely. Doesn't ring a bell. Altho I barely explored the school after the 2nd Palace cuz everyone just kept repeating the same lines.

Part of the problem I guess. The lines change after each deadline (when the poll gets a boost).

vypek

I didn't realize at first that you could save in The Velvet Room.

Yeah...took me too long to realize this. I would always exit out and go outside to save before going back in and continuing. And it also took me too long to realize that I could boot a persona out instead of doing a fusion I didn't want to get rid of one lol

Zesh

Is there enough time to max nearly all the social links in one playthrough if you're not playing optimally? I just got access to the
5th
palace and have one maxed, then about half at 5-8 and about half 3-4. There tends to be a bunch of non-up hangouts available.
Playing optimally allows you to max nighttime confidants in early November, and daytime confidants in late November, so there's a lot of leeway. I'd recommend getting Fortune to 7 if you haven't already and using affinity reading as much as possible to avoid non-rank-up hangouts.

Is the request "Part-time Job, Full-time Hell" bugged? I'm in November, full Moon rank and haven't received anything. It's the only book I'm missing as well..

vypek

Is the request "Part-time Job, Full-time Hell" bugged? I'm in November, full Moon rank and haven't received anything. It's the only book I'm missing as well..

I think you need to have had and worked a certain job as well as check the IM at the right time for that one. Maybe you missed the message from Mishima

I'm offically abandoning ryuji from my party. Got all the female characters wearing p3 dlc outfit and mc, yusuke and morgana wearing the raidou outfit and they all good. Then ryuji with his open shirt looking goofy.

I only ever found the girl obsessed with that guy in the school and I think the assassin outside of mementos. I am not sure I found the other mementos targets in the actual world. I found that really cool.

LiK

I only ever found the girl obsessed with that guy in the school and I think the assassin outside of mementos. I am not sure I found the other mementos targets in the actual world. I found that really cool.

The assassin was a pain in the ass to find. I used a guide.

Dave1988

After 160 hours, I'm watching the credits roll by. Man, Persona 5 was a rollercoaster of hype, emotions, and joy. The game was 100% worth the wait and I can't wait to see what the Persona team comes up with next.

Opa-Pa

I know I just posted about her, but I played through that mementos mission in two playthroughs and didn't make that connection until now. So THAT'S why Mishima is all like "you know this girl come on."

Holy shit I didn't make the connection either, that's great haha.

I'm in the process of getting my platinum trophy. I'm currently working on the requests. Is there a requisite request or action I need to finish for mishima to give the me the S level quest? It should be available on 12/3 based on the guide but it has yet to trigger for me. I haven't finished the request mishima gave on 11/25. Do I need to finish that one first? The last mementos area has already opened up for me and mishima didn't give the 12/3 request. I am save scumming to plan out what to do before the next palace.

Took a hiatus from the game for awhile while I was on vacation and after returning to play through Nier: Automata. I've played up through 6/11 so far and have been loving it. I really adore the tone and atmosphere of the game. The dungeon crawling is so much better than P3P and what I played of Persona 4. I still have some gripes about the combat in the games in general being too prone to one-sided fights, but overall I've been having a lot of fun with it on hard mode. The boss fights are where it especially shines since you can't rely so much on chaining weaknesses.

One moment which happened recently that actually struck a lot more of a chord with me than I thought it would was
Ann talking with Sojiro privately about letting Yusuke stay with you. Considering he had been a bit of a hardass on the protagonist up to that point I foresaw the conversation going pretty awkwardly. Ann sparing you from that feels like a really genuine gesture that a good friend would do, which makes it come across as a lot more meaningful than any overdramatic proclamation of revenge.

The translation has definitely been irking me now and again. The quality of the voice acting goes some way toward masking it, but certain things really bother me when they keep cropping up. The overuse of words like "cognition" and "heart", where an appropriate synonym would sound a lot more natural.

Hey thanks it's a nice remix .

Is this on the ost ? I have the ost but I don't want to spoil myself the music so I only listen to the songs I know.

P5 and Nier:Automata are the must get ost this year if you like games music
I own both...but Nier's OST is disappointing since it lacks the vocal arrangements that were necessary to the songs being so effective in game.

Top Bottom