• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

sappyday

Nope, there's already a guide, based on the Japanese version. I used it for my first playthrough and it's really handy. With it, you'll be able to max out all your confidants as well as get the Mementos, books, baseball and video game trophies.

ah thank you. Looks like I can restart playing today!

LiK

I wouldn't wanna be OP for the final boss my first time. I liked the struggle cuz it made it seem as tough as it was. Epic fight.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I know but I want to fight the final boss already..

Those two plus the very first one you encounter (regent?) are the only ones I need so hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Does luck increases chances of them spawning?

Not sure, I brute forced it with Treasure Traps. If you use one of those head to Floor 13 of Sheriruth, you can find a gem, fight it, run away if it's the wrong one then get into another fight to respawn the gem and try again.

FluxWaveZ

I mean, you can't really complain about the lack of difficulty of the final boss when you guys are busy fusing ultimate personas and using exploits such as the Mementos money thing on the first playthrough.

OrionX

I thought the last fight was pretty easy too and I played on hard lol, but yeah when I played P3 way back I never bothered with buffs/debuffs. They make a huge difference in Persona.

silva1991

I agree, the final boss seemed much easier than the ones in P3 and P4. Then again the fact that I had a lvl 98 Satan with One-shot Kill, Cripple, Charge and Debilitate might have played a part too.

It was most certainly not easier than P4's final boss.

That boss was a joke.

I mean, you can't really complain about the lack of difficulty of the final boss when you guys are busy fusing ultimate personas and using exploits such as the Mementos money thing on the first playthrough.

that's true. Ultimate personas make MC a God.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

I played on Hard first playthrough and have to say the difficulty balance was pretty damn good.

Palaces 2 and 6 were a little too easy, but the others put up a good fight I felt.

final boss on hard was just right. it was a long ass battle so i wasn't allowed to make too many mistakes. the scale kinda reminded me of
DDS2 final boss.

agreed. my pt was free of exploits.

Orcastar

I didn't use any exploits (wasn't even aware there was one), just figured that I might as well use some of the money I had to fuse something powerful for the final boss, and Satan was the most powerful persona I could fuse using what I had at the time. It wasn't even that expensive, only about 160k or something. My character level was 74 IIRC.

Astral

I made no such Persona. Yoshitsune was my strongest but I didn't use Charge and Hassou Tobi. I think Debilitate just makes bosses really easy. It was the same way with Izanami. She was really hard for me until I fused Trumpeter. Then it was a breeze.

Ourobolus

Banned
P4 and P5 really made me miss the final boss of P3. I love the endurance aspect of it and how it throws pretty much EVERYTHING at you, albeit bits at a time. My first time through the game I was maybe level 70 (I think it was more like 67?), and it was intense. First time I got charmed during the last phase and ended up killing myself. Second time went a bit better, but it was easily a 90-minute battle.

EDIT: I do like that the superbosses have become a little more manageable, however. P3's superboss required an absolute insane amount of preparation. P5's was a little too easy though.

P4 and P5 really made me miss the final boss of P3. I love the endurance aspect of it and how it throws pretty much EVERYTHING at you, albeit bits at a time. My first time through the game I was maybe level 70 (I think it was more like 67?), and it was intense. First time I got charmed during the last phase and ended up killing myself. Second time went a bit better, but it was easily a 90-minute battle.

EDIT: I do like that the superbosses have become a little more manageable, however. P3's superboss required an absolute insane amount of preparation. P5's was a little too easy though.

See, I kind of hate this. Not the marathon aspect, I did like that part of the P3 boss (which felt more like a boss rush in a lot of ways). The part where if you fuck up once, kiss your 90 minutes goodbye. I don't have time for that shit anymore!

I definitely feel like P5's final boss was easier than P4, but it's always hard to say because I might just have been better prepared in P5 than in P4. That's definitely true for P3, where I probably just scraped by because it was my first Persona.

pixxxelz

Not sure, I brute forced it with Treasure Traps. If you use one of those head to Floor 13 of Sheriruth, you can find a gem, fight it, run away if it's the wrong one then get into another fight to respawn the gem and try again.
Will try that tonight, I only have one of those though so hopefully that's enough..

Ourobolus

Banned
See, I kind of hate this. Not the marathon aspect, I did like that part of the P3 boss (which felt more like a boss rush in a lot of ways). The part where if you fuck up once, kiss your 90 minutes goodbye. I don't have time for that shit anymore!

True, but the second time I came prepared with a Null Charm accessory. Still totally manageable.

Will try that tonight, I only have one of those though so hopefully that's enough..

That's what I did. The Treasure Trap will last for as long as you are in Mementos. If you see a gem, attack it. If it's the one you need, then catch it. If not, run away, go kill another enemy, then come back and the gem will have spawned in the same place. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Zareka

I don't know about 4, but in 3, I never felt restricted. The system in 3 made complete sense, go to Tartarus and you'll be tired the next day. At night I could do whatever. Persona 5 felt very restricting in comparison.
Yeah I agree Persona 3 has the best implementation, but I appreciate that P4 tried to make things a little different so it didn't feel exactly the same.
Unlike P5.

pixxxelz

True, but the second time I came prepared with a Null Charm accessory. Still totally manageable.

I died to one his mudo attacks the first time I fought him too but I had a bunch of sp recovery items so the next time I just Armageddon'd my way through the last couple phases..

That's what I did. The Treasure Trap will last for as long as you are in Mementos. If you see a gem, attack it. If it's the one you need, then catch it. If not, run away, go kill another enemy, then come back and the gem will have spawned in the same place. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Awesome, I thought it lasted for a set amount of time or something.

Opa-Pa

Yeah I enjoyed the challenge on Hard immensely so I avoided any sort of exploit and even grinding in general to not ruin it. It was a great experience.

The final boss was relatively easy at level 80, but I knew it would be having a level 92 Vishnu and level 98 Satan lol. It still almost killed me twice so it was pretty decent... Modern Persona bosses have never been hard though. P4's was pretty straightforward and P3's only seems hard because the fight is painfully long and losing means you can lose half an hour of progress.

I thought Palace's 7 bosses were the best all around, especially the last one god damn. Madarame was great too.

Lunar15

P5 feels more restricting because they absolutely have to send you back to your room most nights, even if you can't do anything, because eventually you unlock the ability to get massages from the Temperance social link. Unfortunately this carries over to cutscene heavy moments as well, leading to a lot of "you should go to bed" moments when it seems like there's no reason for that.

This game feels more restrictive out of the gate because they needed to give you a reason to invest into the social link benefits that specifically free up more time and let you get social stats faster. It's the same reason more party social links are locked behind stat gates.

Once you unlock those things, though, it's never a problem again.

Zesh

I thought Palace's 7 bosses were the best all around, especially the last one god damn. Madarame was great too.

I particularly love the mini-boss/boss gauntlet in palace 7, culminating with the final boss fight (which had better music and lasted longer than the actual final boss, too). More than made up for all of the rat mazes.

Opa-Pa

I particularly love the mini-boss/boss gauntlet in palace 7, culminating with the final boss fight (which had better music and lasted longer than the actual final boss, too). More than made up for all of the rat mazes.

I know, right? There was just so much to love in Palace 7 for someone who enjoys the combat a lot. It's probably my favorite along with 6 (for similar reasons).

Sucks that the actual final boss felt underwhelming in comparison, but oh well.

broz0rs

P5 feels more restricting because they absolutely have to send you back to your room most nights, even if you can't do anything, because eventually you unlock the ability to get massages from the Temperance social link. Unfortunately this carries over to cutscene heavy moments as well, leading to a lot of "you should go to bed" moments when it seems like there's no reason for that.

The worst is during the week where you uncover the target of the next palace. It's essentially waking up, cutscene, go to bed, and repeat for a week straight.

Zafir

This game feels more restrictive out of the gate because they needed to give you a reason to invest into the social link benefits that specifically free up more time and let you get social stats faster. It's the same reason more party social links are locked behind stat gates.

Once you unlock those things, though, it's never a problem again.

Nah, it is still a problem. The cut-scene issue is really bad. Oh, you're going out tomorrow evening? Better go to bed in case you sleep through the day or something. :|

_Ryo_

I agree, the final boss seemed much easier than the ones in P3 and P4. Then again the fact that I had a lvl 98 Satan with One-shot Kill, Cripple, Charge and Debilitate might have played a part too.

I was only at like level 70 something. The boss was much much easier than either p3 or p4s final boss. It was a huge disappointment for me.

My god!
Someone call Atlus so we can retcon these as the official art of the game.

Bladenic

Palace 5 is destroying my will to live.

I just don't care about any of this Haru stuff.

She's honestly in contention for most useless character in the Persona series post 3. Her introduction is lame, she makes next to no appearances before her proper introduction (unlike say, Naoto) and she has nothing to add post joining.

I found it particularly funny when they're talking about
their current predicament after palace 5 and she talks using "we" and I'm like girl plz, you can't talk about the group like you've been part of it for more than one week.

Her persona is cool but it also looks quite similar to Ann's. I also have yet to discover any reason to use her in battle over any other character, seems like the worst to me so far.

Her only noteworthy contribution is calling Makoto Mako-chan <3

welp, would have been happy if it was the case :

ETL9X7v.jpg

it sure is cool!

FluxWaveZ

their current predicament after palace 5 and she talks using "we" and I'm like girl plz, you can't talk about the group like you've been part of it for more than one week.

Yeah, that was a pretty awkward moment which also didn't make a lot of sense. It's like Haru was written to have joined the team earlier than she actually did there.

Astral

I agree. Palace 7 was a great experience. I can't get Rivers in the Desert out of my head even now.
The way it starts out with the instrumental I'm just there thinking "this is a little different but it fits the mood." Then phase 2 starts and the vocals kick in.Goddamn sogood.gif.

OrionX

She's honestly in contention for most useless character in the Persona series post 3. Her introduction is lame, she makes next to no appearances before her proper introduction (unlike say, Naoto) and she has nothing to add post joining.

Her persona is cool but it also looks quite similar to Ann's. I also have yet to discover any reason to use her in battle over any other character, seems like the worst to me so far.

I kinda liked the super cheesy
"beauty thief"
introduction. :p

Totally agree on the second thing though. I was like umm who are you again? Know your place rookie.

LotusHD

Banned

Yeah, that was a pretty awkward moment which also didn't make a lot of sense. It's like Haru was written to have joined the team earlier than she actually did there.

Totally agree on the second thing though. I was like umm who are you again? Know your place rookie.

Y'all not wrong, but
I cut her some slack since her dad died lmao, and she surprisingly didn't blame us for it

I kinda liked the super cheesy
"beauty thief"
introduction. :p

I think they're all pretty much rookies in the grand scheme of things. Senior member Ryuji throws a tantrum every other story sequence.

Opa-Pa

Her only noteworthy contribution is calling Makoto Mako-chan <3

I agree with everything you say, I like her but she's the one character I barely care about and I feel the game would be mostly the same to me without her around.

However she's pretty good in battle. Her gun skills + passives make her pretty strong and she has very useful status healing spells and learns amrita shower later on.

Her persona sucks tho, it looks like a lamer version of Fuuka's (which is ironic because I feel similarly about her in P3 lol).

Opa-Pa

I think what kills my interest for Haru the most is her main struggle, I mean (post palace 5 spoilers)
her father died, which is sucks for her and I feel bad for her, but... He was a horrible person no one could feel sympathy for except her, so it's super hard to root for her when she says she wants revenge and stuff lol. Like yeah of course I'm dad your dad anime Donald Trump died, why wouldn't I?

I think what kills my interest for Haru the most is her main struggle, I mean (post palace 5 spoilers)
her father died, which is sucks for her and I feel bad for her, but... He was a horrible person no one could feel sympathy for except her, so it's super hard to root for her when she says she wants revenge and stuff lol. Like yeah of course I'm dad your dad anime Donald Trump died, why wouldn't I?

So what you're saying is,
Haru is Ivanka Trump

Astral

I remember Haru saying something that made me go "Haru you weren't even there wtf are you talking about?" I wish I could remember what. Haru really should've been around longer.

Guess Who

Banned

Eh, the Phantom Thieves are pretty clearly all about reforming people, not killing them. They'd never condone straight-up murder as vigilantism, even if he was a shitty person.

Opa-Pa

So what you're saying is,
Haru is Ivanka Trump

You made me think of this P5 style, and now I want to shut my brain off.

Eh, the Phantom Thieves are pretty clearly all about reforming people, not killing them. They'd never condone straight-up murder as vigilantism, even if he was a shitty person.

Oh I know they weren't happy with it at all, and I'm aware they sympathized with her, but as the player and an outsider I simply couldn't care about her search for revenge.

Deimo5

I wish (endgame spoilers)
there was at least another safe room in the depths of mementos. It's not that long but the enemies are pretty strong. A little bad luck let that orochi enemy kill me in one turn.

Bladenic

I swear they just pronounced Ann like they would in America (or like Anne) in this anime cutscene in November. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it sounded like to me.

Trying to get all these
letters of recommendation
in Palace
, and this shit is so stupid.

Three of them done so far on the first day the palace was available, so I'm doing OK. Feeling the urge to jump out, sell off my treasure, and upgrade my weapons/protectors, though.

Top Bottom