• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

MSMrRound

C-6x2DSXoAE8hg6.jpg

FINALLY. Fuck. This. Piece. Of. Shit. side game.

If AtlusJP gonna roll out a extended ver of Persona 5, please at the very least think of the fighting game newbies and at least allow us to use the analog stick for move inputs.

ys45

I own both...but Nier's OST is disappointing since it lacks the vocal arrangements that were necessary to the songs being so effective in game.

Sorry I don't want to derail the thread but Not sure I understand what you mean...

you mean the songs are not exactly the same as in the game ?

Kyrios

FINALLY. Fuck. This. Piece. Of. Shit. side game.

If AtlusJP gonna roll out a extended ver of Persona 5, please at the very least think of the fighting game newbies and at least allow us to use the analog stick for move inputs.

Yeah screw that one, had to reload a bunch of times. I play fighting games and it was bullshit.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That one only took two tries.

It was less fighting game and more like Auron's FFX overdrive with diagonal inputs.

Sorry I don't want to derail the thread but Not sure I understand what you mean...

you mean the songs are not exactly the same as in the game ?
so like Possessed by Disease is the clean vocals version only, the additional vocals versions (THIS CANNOT CONTINUE) are not on the OST

like I said, newbies. Even on a casual Sunday morning level I can at least try to use the analog stick for move inputs instead of sinking to dpads-only >.>
analog stick makes it harder though ...to do consistently and quickly

gotta get some of that QIsTopTier lessons on thumb dpad use for fighting games. But either way, thats why the cheat book exists. And you want that anyway...for the fucking Dice Game

Shoeless

That one only took two tries.

It was less fighting game and more like Auron's FFX overdrive with diagonal inputs.

I gave up on it, and I'll try it again in a few months when I do my platinum run. I kept messing up the final combo and not getting the very last diagonal input. I just couldn't get it to roll off correctly for some reason, even after 20+ reloads. Last move failed, every single time.

Arrrammis

So are social skill levels the only things that carry over to NG+? Also, for the confidant trophy, do I need to have all of them at rank 10 in the same playthrough or can I rank up half of them in my first game and then just focus on the other ones on my NG+ for the trophy?

To be honest, I was surprised I didn't have more trouble with Power Intuition, because I suck at fighting games and can barely do a proper Ryu fireball. Flubbed the first stage once, but after that I was okay. I did use the book, though. Other people have mentioned that you should roll your thumb over the relevant inputs (i.e. roll from down over to right on the d-pad for the first stage); I personally find it easier to sort of slide my thumb instead, like I'm swiping diagonally from the down button to the right button on the d-pad. For the last stage, I just swipe right-down-left in a semi-circle path and the swipe immediately to the right, and I got it pretty quickly.

What used to trip me up a lot in fighting games (and trips me up still) is that I can actually do the d-pad motion right, but was hitting the kick/punch button too early, thus interrupting the motion. The other thing is that you actually have a decent amount of time to transition from, say, down to diagonal to right. Better to have the inputs flow naturally than to try and rush it because of perceived time pressure.

Those are my (maybe useless!) tips as someone who traditionally is not very good at the mechanics of fighting games, but had to practice some basic moves at some point. Good luck! And hey, at least it's not the fucking dice game!

So during my NG+ I started nitpicking some annoying things in the game. Like, where the hell was Haru at the begging of the game? She has been a Shujin student so I should be able to run into her during Kamoshida incident. Instead the game keeps her hidden until the second half of the game for some reasons. It makes me not really care about her story since I barely had any exposure to her until she is introduced.

So are social skill levels the only things that carry over to NG+? Also, for the confidant trophy, do I need to have all of them at rank 10 in the same playthrough or can I rank up half of them in my first game and then just focus on the other ones on my NG+ for the trophy?

- You carry over social skills, left over money, skill cards, equipment, and special items received from your max confidants at the end of the game.
- I think you need to have all of them at max to unlock trophies. So if you didn't get it during your first play through, you need to play to almost the end of your NG+ to unlock it.

Was finally playing Nocturne but my friend kept talking about his NG+ run, so I went back to mine and played a few hours last night. God I love this game.

Aselith

You will get special items to preserve some aspects of your Confidant relationships and gear and a few other things.

Here's a rundown

http://segmentnext.com/2017/04/06/persona-5-new-game-plus-guide/

One note where that info is wrong; possible spoiler for engame
Morgana scarf is not random,
you get it when you go back to the coffee shop.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wait, you need to catch all the treasure demons to complete the compendium? Ugh, I just want to start ng+ already..

Yup. I'd just try to get Hope Diamond and Crystal Skull, otherwise you need to do what I did and get to the end game to finish the compendium.

Only mementos request I missed was the one you get by working in the flower shop and unfortunately that one just disappears after a certain time. I worked at the shop a week straight in December but couldn't get it to trigger.

ys45

so like Possessed by Disease is the clean vocals version only, the additional vocals versions (THIS CANNOT CONTINUE) are not on the OST

Damn your right... I hadn't noticed before lol.
Still a kickass ost though

The boss song Blood of villain is also very good I'm starting to like it more than I'll Face Myself

Edit: I meant Blooming Villain

NEO0MJ

Kyaah~!
Igor is a husbando in this game!

And the start/tutorial is as slow as ever. Though I guess unlike say Monster Hunter or Zelda the plot keeps you interested.

Bladenic

Damn your right... I hadn't noticed before lol.
Still a kickass ost though

The boss song Blood of villain is also very good I'm starting to like it more than I'll Face Myself

Edit: I meant Blooming Villain

Last Surprise, Will Power, and Blooming Villain are all ace AF. The Mementos miniboss/shadow theme is good too but not quite as memorable as any of the aforementioned.

Ferrio

Banned
Some of the lyrics in these songs, what the hell.

Palace 6 spoiler
"Tell me
Does that sexy
Gown say what she's
Got in store for her man?"

ak1337azn

Neo Member
I'm only halfway through the second dungeon but I feel like I'm hardly given any time to work on social links and/or do daily life stuff. Seems like they really throw the story at you constantly when all I want to do is work on improving stats and rank up.

Is the entire rest of the game like this, where there's little to no breathing room? By the way, I've been trying to finish the dungeons ASAP.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm only halfway through the second dungeon but I feel like I'm hardly given any time to work on social links and/or do daily life stuff. Seems like they really throw the story at you constantly when all I want to do is work on improving stats and rank up.

Is the entire rest of the game like this, where there's little to no breathing room? By the way, I've been trying to finish the dungeons ASAP.

The general loop stays similar but I personally feel like it's less bogged down after May. You also get more time for dungeons, like over 20 days in later cases.

ys45

Last Surprise, Will Power, and Blooming Villain are all ace AF. The Mementos miniboss/shadow theme is good too but not quite as memorable as any of the aforementioned.

And let's not forget Life Will Change and Rivers in the Desert :)
Most of the dungeons themes were good too

That reminds me, I need to check the booklet for the lyrics and see if they make more sense than P4 lol

No. It definitely opens up a lot more once you hit the summer. Actually, maybe even earlier, during rainy season.

Finally got my platinum. Was good that it took me long enough that I could use raidou outfit on mc so he looked cool with the cape for my final run.

pixxxelz

Started NG+ because I need more P5 in my life.

Don't worry if you missed any of them, you can catch 'em all in Mementos.
I know but I want to fight the final boss already..
Yup. I'd just try to get Hope Diamond and Crystal Skull, otherwise you need to do what I did and get to the end game to finish the compendium.

Those two plus the very first one you encounter (regent?) are the only ones I need so hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Does luck increases chances of them spawning?

Bladenic

And let's not forget Life Will Change and Rivers in the Desert :)
Most of the dungeons themes were good too

That reminds me, I need to check the booklet for the lyrics and see if they make more sense than P4 lol

I was talking about the battle themes. Whims of Fate slays but as someone above you mentioned, the lyrics are hilarious as ever. Meguro really should work with someone who is fluent in English and maybe get a singer who has good English speaking ability. Well, he should, but I hope he doesn't because these unintelligible songs are part of the appeal.

sappyday

I want to replay the game but I also want to do it following a guide and getting everything 100% in one playthrough. This is what I've always done with P3 and P4, but I'm assuming a detailed guide that is able to time manage the hell out of the game won't come for a good while right?

Orcastar

Finished the game today with 103 hours on the clock. First Persona game in which I've managed to max out all confidants/social links on my first playthrough, and didn't even need a guide to do it. Feels good man.

Astral

I just defeated the final boss. It was a bit too easy. It's not even because I had Yoshitsune, I only used Matarukaja with him. It was Trumpeter's Debilitate and Ann's ridiculously powerful magic. I imagine Ryuji would've made even quicker work of it but I chose to have Yusuke instead. Final boss theme isn't as good as P4's or P3's either.

ys45

I was talking about the battle themes. Whims of Fate slays but as someone above you mentioned, the lyrics are hilarious as ever. Meguro really should work with someone who is fluent in English and maybe get a singer who has good English speaking ability. Well, he should, but I hope he doesn't because these unintelligible songs are part of the appeal.

As someone who is not a native English speaker I don't always get all the "funny" parts but Persona 4 was a mess lol

Orcastar

I just defeated the final boss. It was a bit too easy. It's not even because I had Yoshitsune, I only used Matarukaja with him. It was Trumpeter's Debilitate and Ann's ridiculously powerful magic. I imagine Ryuji would've made even quicker work of it but I chose to have Yusuke instead. Final boss theme isn't as good as P4's or P3's either.

I agree, the final boss seemed much easier than the ones in P3 and P4. Then again the fact that I had a lvl 98 Satan with One-shot Kill, Cripple, Charge and Debilitate might have played a part too.

Dave1988

I want to replay the game but I also want to do it following a guide and getting everything 100% in one playthrough. This is what I've always done with P3 and P4, but I'm assuming a detailed guide that is able to time manage the hell out of the game won't come for a good while right?

Nope, there's already a guide, based on the Japanese version. I used it for my first playthrough and it's really handy. With it, you'll be able to max out all your confidants as well as get the Mementos, books, baseball and video game trophies.

Top Bottom