• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Astral

I mean within the characters themselves. You're just like, friends with someone, then it's like ayyletsfuck. There need to be hints dropped at like rank 5 and above. Instead it's just like whoa alrighty now this is an option.

Only Chihaya, Futaba, and I believe Haru (I never got to do it) show interest before rank 9. It's odd.

Guess Who

Banned
P3 and P4 had them drop more romantic hints earlier, but in P4 that had the effect of making the platonic routes seem more half-assed. What they'd really need to do to fix it is just make the confidants/social links more dynamic based on your responses so that they get flirtier sooner if you're flirtier and stay more friendly if you're friendly, but that would require more writing/budget/effort/etc.

I get that some nights they don't want you to go out, but in October, the week before exams they make you go to bed every night for bs. They even have mona ask you what you want to do for some reason. Idk?!?!? Sleep?!?! You won't let me do anything else.

I get that some nights they don't want you to go out, but in October, the week before exams they make you go to bed every night for bs. They even have mona ask you what you want to do for some reason. Idk?!?!? Sleep?!?! You won't let me do anything else.

The entire month of October kind of sucks.

It's so you can go in your room and save between the days/water the plant for kindness I believe, but yes, still annoying.

Astral

So I'm thinking of buying costume DLC for NG+. I'm just not sure which one. I love the Catherine costumes but the music is meh. Persona 2 has kickass music but I don't think I wanna wear school uniforms. P1's cheesy ass theme is cool to me too but green uniforms? Gross.

duckroll

Only Chihaya, Futaba, and I believe Haru (I never got to do it) show interest before rank 9. It's odd.

Makoto's entire Confidant story is about how she sets herself up for it without thinking too much about it though. I think it counts.

What I would like though, is the removal of this silly "answer the big question" flag at the end of the route, but rather make choices throughout the entire route count. Replies during events should contribute both to link points as well as romance points, and if you gather enough by the end it should allow you to get together, otherwise it should just seamlessly branch into a friendship route.

So I'm thinking of buying costume DLC for NG+. I'm just not sure which one. I love the Catherine costumes but the music is meh. Persona 2 has kickass music but I don't think I wanna wear school uniforms. P1's cheesy ass theme is cool to me too but green uniforms? Gross.

Buy all the DLC. IMO if you are willing to invest time to play the game again, you should be willing to invest money to essentially buy the game again. Open your heart, and open your wallet.

/Atlus

PK Gaming

Makoto's entire Confidant story is about how she sets herself up for it without thinking too much about it though. I think it counts.

What I would like though, is the removal of this silly "answer the big question" flag at the end of the route, but rather make choices throughout the entire route count. Replies during events should contribute both to link points as well as romance points, and if you gather enough by the end it should allow you to get together, otherwise it should just seamlessly branch into a friendship route.

They literally did that in Persona 3 Portable for FeMC's route.

They didn't implement it in P5 because they didn't want players getting butthurt after getting friendzoned by their waifu God knows what reason.

It's a legitimate bummer.

duckroll

They literally did that in Persona 3 Portable for FeMC's route.

They didn't implement it in P5 because they didn't want players getting butthurt after getting friendzoned by their waifu God knows what reason.

It's a legitimate bummer.

Man, that's a huge step backward. I didn't know about the P3P stuff, but I was already disappointed when they removed the reverse and broken Arcana possibilities in relationships. As someone who is actually kinda into simulation aspects of dating sim stuff, the dumbing down and removal of fail states makes such relationships far less satisfying.

Hazmat

I would like this. It would also make the heavily flirtatious dialogue options early on in an S Link feel less awkward and creepy.

Astral

Buy all the DLC. IMO if you are willing to invest time to play the game again, you should be willing to invest money to essentially buy the game again. Open your heart, and open your wallet.

/Atlus

Points would be cool. I'd love to see that implemented. Oh and Atlus would either have to steal my fucking heart to get me to buy all the DLC or send me a Makoto body pillow.

Ok. I have six million in the bank and I'm at strength 10. Is there a guide or suggestion on what I can fuse to make the rest of the game a breeze?

Yeah I'm also thinking on which costumes to buy. I only have enough money to buy 3 or maybe 4 packs. P1's uniforms don't bother me that much so I'm definitely going to buy it just fot that awesome battle theme. I was also thinking either DAN or Ultimax just for how wacky/cool-looking the costumes are compared to school uniforms.

duckroll

DAN has the best costume variety + good music combo imo. Just great all round. P3 has the best Morgana (I'm biased). Catherine has the best overall costume set but the victory music is poop. Raido has the best guy costumes, but disappointingly recycles the generic school uniform for 3 of the ladies. SMT If has the best accessory by far, especially for early game (+3 all stats, +20 SP). Ultimax is for edgelords.

Astral

DAN has the best costume variety + good music combo imo. Just great all round. P3 has the best Morgana (I'm biased). Catherine has the best overall costume set but the victory music is poop. Raido has the best guy costumes, but disappointingly recycles the generic school uniform for 3 of the ladies. SMT If has the best accessory by far, especially for early game (+3 all stats, +20 SP). Ultimax is for edgelords.

Did you actually buy them all? Damn lol. I'm considering buying like two of them at most but it's hard. Honestly I just want the themes for some of them.

duckroll

Did you actually buy them all? Damn lol. I'm considering buying like two of them at most but it's hard. Honestly I just want the themes for some of them.

I bought P3, DAN, Catherine, and Raido. No, I didn't buy all the costume sets. I buy what I want to use.

I did Palace 4 + bunch of Mementos with the P3 outfits, then I did Palace 5 + bunch of Mementos with the DAN outfits. Now I'm doing Palace 6 with the Catherine outfits, and I'll probably switch to Raido outfits for Mementos after this (can't swap since I bought the Raido set while I'm IN Palace 6 and I'm not fucking leaving and losing a game day just to look cooler lol). After that I plan to mix and match.

I think having the visual variety in dungeons and changing the battle music up every dungeon makes it more fun.

Astral

I bought P3, DAN, Catherine, and Raido. No, I didn't buy all the costume sets. I buy what I want to use.

I did Palace 4 + bunch of Mementos with the P3 outfits, then I did Palace 5 + bunch of Mementos with the DAN outfits. Now I'm doing Palace 6 with the Catherine outfits, and I'll probably switch to Raido outfits for Mementos after this (can't swap since I bought the Raido set while I'm IN Palace 6 and I'm not fucking leaving and losing a game day just to look cooler lol). After that I plan to mix and match.

I think having the visual variety in dungeons and changing the battle music up every dungeon makes it more fun.

How does the music change work? Is it only when everyone is wearing the outfit or can you just change the music track itself regardless of the outfit?

duckroll

How does the music change work? Is it only when everyone is wearing the outfit or can you just change the music track itself regardless of the outfit?

Unfortunately it's tied to whatever costume the MC is wearing. I wish there was a toggle or some sort of playlist you can set to "random" based on all the DLC you own, but nope. The implementation of the DLC in general feels poorly thought out compared to other JRPGs like Tales Of and Cold Steel.

Things to note before spending money on them: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235536430&postcount=525

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I like how Catherine costumes currently cost the same as just getting the actual videogame Catherine.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Ok, this game is starting to piss me off.

This game has some Ninja Gaiden 2 level type bullshit going on at the end. An insane gauntlet and then another form? Fuck it, I'm going to go get some beer and beat the shit out of what I hope is the final form. It wouldn't surprise me if there's something else in store for me.

Hylian7

Last dungeon:
Mind Jack has killed me twice already, the second time it got all 4 party members.
Guess I am looking for Null Mind/whatever the null status ailment passive in this game is called.

Opa-Pa

which all of you should do because it's a good time

Hell yes. Everyone who's finished P5 and craves for something with a similar vibe should get Catherine. It's one of my favorite games ever.

Last dungeon:
Mind Jack has killed me twice already, the second time it got all 4 party members.
Guess I am looking for Null Mind/whatever the null status ailment passive in this game is called.

Man,
I rarely go my shit wrecked in P5, but getting the entire party mind jacked and then having everyone mabufudyne'd/megidolaon'd to death by a group of Isis was rough

Is this when (3rd dungeon-ish spoilers)
Makoto asks you to come to the student council office? If so I think the context is supposed to be that Makoto made up a fake excuse - you looking for a lost & found item - to call you to the student council room.

My take too. In context, it makes total sense, as long as you're at least somewhat quick on the uptake. It doesn't strike me as a particularly awkward set of sentences, either. Definitely nothing compared to "muddled the explication."

Hylian7

Hell yes. Everyone who's finished P5 and craves for something with a similar vibe should get Catherine. It's one of my favorite games ever.

Man,
I rarely go my shit wrecked in P5, but getting the entire party mind jacked and then having everyone mabufudyne'd/megidolaon'd to death by a group of Isis was rough
Yep, reminded me of something I have seen happen in SMT games plenty of times.

soultron

Banned
Last palace question: the
rat puzzle
ends before the
third miniboss
, right? I'm going to drop the game if the entire palace uses this.

rat puzzle
ends before the
third miniboss
Yes, I'm pretty sure. Palace 7 correct?
Are you on the IT President?
There are no more mice puzzles after the TV Station owner.
Edit: Apparently I'm wrong.

rat puzzle
ends before the
third miniboss

It wasn't that bad for me. I would recommend just looking up a guide ford those sections if you're having trouble. You're far enough thst dropping it would be silly.

soultron

Banned
There's four of them.

I've got bad news.
You are kidding me right? There's no save room that I've seen and I feel like I was just at the end of the section but then I got smoked by the last regular shadow before the door out of the place. It's infuriating that I have to do the 2nd mini boss
Former Noble on the Pool Deck
again and then start that ENTIRE section over again.

Astral

After like an hour of thinking about it I decided to buy the Raido DLC. The theme is too good and the MC and Yusuke look great. The others can just wear their casual clothes. Those look plenty good, like Makoto's winter outfit.

Edit: Ok I bought the P1 DLC too. I needed the theme. I'm gonna hate myself in the morning. We needed Digital Devil Saga DLC.

How. The hell. Is Lucifer. SOOOOOO SHITTY?

I spent hours fusing all the necessary Personas to make him since I viewed him as the
"Ultimate" Persona and wanted to go into the final battle with him but then when I finally get there, I learn--apart from totally non-exceptional stats for a Persona of that level--he is weak to Light (which tons of enemies in the endgame use) and doesn't have a single resistance of any kind. Even Arsene was strong against something!

How can they expect you to be satisfied fusing a Persona that is more handicapped than the six Personas you used to make it? It's mind-boggling.

I've already played for 154 hours and I'm salty that the last 10 of that was spent grinding here right before the final boss for the sake of making a Persona that totally sucks.

RDreamer

You are kidding me right? There's no save room that I've seen and I feel like I was just at the end of the section but then I got smoked by the last regular shadow before the door out of the place. It's infuriating that I have to do the 2nd mini boss
Former Noble on the Pool Deck
again and then start that ENTIRE section over again.

But there's a save right next to that boss... and that section gives you shortcuts right back out to the pool and that save point at any time too.

Top Bottom