• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

I swear they just pronounced Ann like they would in America (or like Anne) in this anime cutscene in November. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it sounded like to me.

They did. There's a couple of instances where students say Ann's last name more like an American would and less like that weird "trying to be accurate Japanese but isn't" way present in the rest of the game.

KraytarJ

They did. There's a couple of instances where students say Ann's last name more like an American would and less like that weird "trying to be accurate Japanese but isn't" way present in the rest of the game.
It's really weird they tried to go Japanese with the pronounciation of Ann, the not Japanese part of her name but not Takamaki, that actually Japanese part of her name.

When can I form the bond with the Sun confidant? I held the stupid sign for him already, why didn't it unlock?
I'm pretty sure you have to do it twice and one the second time it starts.

But that takes time, right?
You can get Kawakami to do it if you've levelled up Temperance enough.

Recall

So I've ended up with Death, Sun and Temperance to level 10. Lovers is at 9.

Quite pleased with that for mid September and no guide.

PK Gaming

She's honestly in contention for most useless character in the Persona series post 3. Her introduction is lame, she makes next to no appearances before her proper introduction (unlike say, Naoto) and she has nothing to add post joining.

I found it particularly funny when they're talking about
their current predicament after palace 5 and she talks using "we" and I'm like girl plz, you can't talk about the group like you've been part of it for more than one week.

Her persona is cool but it also looks quite similar to Ann's. I also have yet to discover any reason to use her in battle over any other character, seems like the worst to me so far.

Her only noteworthy contribution is calling Makoto Mako-chan <3

I didn't find her as terrible as Fuuka, or as damaging as Naoto. She joins late, but she manages to fit into the group dynamic fairly well, she has a solid Confidant, and she's ultimately memorable character. That isn't to say she's without flaws, but I came out liking her in the end.

Her niche in battle lies in how powerful her gun attacks are. She gains Gun Boost and Gun Amp, giving her the highest non-boosted damage output in the game (outside of the protagonist). Amazing during the endgame mini-boss rush. Also her regular gun is obscenely power (and also boosted by her skills iirc?)

welp, would have been happy if it was the case :

ETL9X7v.jpg

it sure is cool!

Maaaaaaan, Dorothy is too good. Atlus needs to take notes when it comes to creating NPCs.

TrueBlue

The only real problem with Haru as of October is with how late to the party she is.

Everything else I really like so far. Her thief design is probably my favourite barring Joker. A "gentle lady" thief with a rocket launcher is fun as hell.

Astral

I gave it a couple more listens and this final boss theme is pretty awesome. It still ranks at the bottom of Persona 5 boss themes including The Answer and Persona 1 and 2.

Was that really the ending :/

we got a new car lets go for a drive

Is there really not another surprise final dungeon/boss cause this ending was kind of a wet fart

Ferrio

Banned
The only real problem with Haru as of October is with how late to the party she is.

Everything else I really like so far. Her thief design is probably my favourite barring Joker. A "gentle lady" thief with a rocket launcher is fun as hell.

Her and Futaba should have been switched, I'm not sure how they could make it work story wise but having the
unplayable character come later
would have been a lot better.

Her and Futaba should have been switched, I'm not sure how they could make it work story wise but having the
unplayable character come later
would have been a lot better.

Both characters should have come earlier, Futaba's extra extra story focus thanks to stuff with Sojiro helped to elevate her late joining of the team.

Opa-Pa

Finally bought the Catherine and Raidou costume packs (the two I wanted the most and of course they came out a week after I beat the game), and they're so good! Catherine's music selection is awful, but the costumes are great. The Raidou ones though? God damn, they look great and the battle music fits the game great.

Also it's pretty impressive how Joker and Yusuke look great in almost every single costume haha.

It's really weird they tried to go Japanese with the pronounciation of Ann, the not Japanese part of her name but not Takamaki, that actually Japanese part of her name.

I'm pretty sure you have to do it twice and one the second time it starts.

You can get Kawakami to do it if you've levelled up Temperance enough.

Cool, thanks!

I still don't understand what this meant

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IURqzS0.jpg[/IMG]
There is no report (for the lost item) so you should fill one out? Report as in police report? Yeah Atlus needs to step the fuck up with localization. Even if I'm not noticing as much late game, it's terrible. Persona 3 and 4 were better in that area. The saving grace is the VA.

Guess Who

Banned
I still don't understand what this meant

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IURqzS0.jpg[/IMG]

Is this when (3rd dungeon-ish spoilers)
Makoto asks you to come to the student council office? If so I think the context is supposed to be that Makoto made up a fake excuse - you looking for a lost & found item - to call you to the student council room.

KorrZ

Palace 5

Hmm, something feels off with this one. I don't so much mind the palace itself, I'm pretty much blasting through it, I feel somewhat overleveled maybe even. Story wise though it feels the most rushed out of any of them...I don't quite feel the same motivation for bringing this guy down. It feels forced compared to the rest.

Zesh

The issue isn't even necessarily whether it makes sense or not; the meaning can be worked out, but the wording is unnatural.

Why does she say there's "no report," but then ask you to start filling out "some paperwork"? It'd make more sense if she simply said "fill one out," unless there are multiple reports missing, in which case the first part of the sentence is incorrect. You can refer to a single report as "some paperwork," but it sounds more natural to refer back to the same word in the first clause via a pronoun.

I also think "report of a lost item" sounds kind of strange; again, it's not incorrect, but something like "lost item report" sounds a bit better.

Palace 5

Hmm, something feels off with this one. I don't so much mind the palace itself, I'm pretty much blasting through it, I feel somewhat overleveled maybe even. Story wise though it feels the most rushed out of any of them...I don't quite feel the same motivation for bringing this guy down. It feels forced compared to the rest.
Regarding the lack of motivation and rushing into the palace, keep playing.

ramyeon

The issue isn't even necessarily whether it makes sense or not; the meaning can be worked out, but the wording is unnatural.

Why does she say there's "no report," but then ask you to start filling out "some paperwork"? It'd make more sense if she simply said "fill one out," unless there are multiple reports missing, in which case the first part of the sentence is incorrect. You can refer to a single report as "some paperwork," but it sounds more natural to refer back to the same word in the first clause via a pronoun.

I also think "report of a lost item" sounds kind of strange; again, it's not incorrect, but something like "lost item report" sounds a bit better.
There are heaps of problems with the translations but this is nitpicking.

Yep, the issue is rarely that the dialogue can't be understood, it just comes off as unnatural and stiff and takes a lot of life away from the writing.
There are heaps of problems with the translations but this is nitpicking.
It's hardly nitpicking when it is endemic to the localization.

Ouch. Times like this you really wish you snuggled up to Hifumi sooner. Amirite.

I mean... on one hand it was about an hour of progress, on the other hand that's an hour of doing the exact same shit I just did lol

Oh well. It just stung when I went back to the save room and saw that my characters were now six levels lower. uggghhh

I'm still not sure how EXP works in this. I'm trying to get myself up to level 51 in Mementos, but I'm gaining exp for my main guy very slowly. If I get 1000 exp after a battle, is that shared with all active and passive party members? or is it just active? what if party members die? Do only alive active members get EXP then?

basically, i have my main character i want to gain levels. what can i do to maximize my farming on my main character only?

I'm still not sure how EXP works in this. I'm trying to get myself up to level 51 in Mementos, but I'm gaining exp for my main guy very slowly. If I get 1000 exp after a battle, is that shared with all active and passive party members? or is it just active? what if party members die? Do only alive active members get EXP then?

basically, i have my main character i want to gain levels. what can i do to maximize my farming on my main character only?

Where are you in the game? Grinding levels isn't a particularly great idea unless you are doing it endgame or farming the reaper.

Well having made sure there is no true ending past what I got I feel safe in saying Persona 5 is an 8/10. It's probably the best game to get a new person started on Persona, but the story and characters are the weakest in the modern Persona games. Really caught me off guard because I was very much looking forward to this game and so far everything in 2017 has hit it out of the park. I got emotional at the end of p3 and p4 and didn't want my time in those worlds to end, at the end of P5 my feeling was as robotic as Makoto :| beep boop.

Bladenic

Yukari Takeba was on TV!

And I turned down Hifumi cuz I only have eyes for Mako-chan but I'm really unsure why I've been so stingy with the ladies, my P4 MC took everyone to bed even some of the more unsightly ones I think. It sucks cuz I like Hifumi.

Now Haru I don't care about but wow turning her down even made me a little bit sad. Poor girl has nobody in her life :(

Astral

I finally beat it. 120 hours. The ending was kind of short and abrupt but as with every game in the series, I'm sad it's over. Now what? :(

Quonny

No need to choose. Just go full harem.
I mean within the characters themselves. You're just like, friends with someone, then it's like ayyletsfuck. There need to be hints dropped at like rank 5 and above. Instead it's just like whoa alrighty now this is an option.

Top Bottom