• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Guess Who

Banned
The (palace 6)
dark section is super easy with Third Eye. Didn't have any problems at all. Just a series of hallways with enemies just like anything else in the game, and Third Eye makes everything visible enough to not surprise you.

If anything would come of that talk of Morgana figuring out how to turn into a human.

This and the scientist stuff made it feel to me like the game might be setting up a sequel story maybe? They definitely left some stuff open enough to expand on it if they want. It could also just be that Morgana, despite obviously being a cat, was NEVER going to fully accept that he is a cat.

acsn

Question about palace 7:
Does sending the calling card mean I can't finish up my confidants? I think they mentioned sending the calling card would reveal that the MC isn't actually dead.

Kevinroc

Question about palace 7:
Does sending the calling card mean I can't finish up my confidants? I think they mentioned sending the calling card would reveal that the MC isn't actually dead.

You can continue your confidants after you finish Palace 7.

Question about palace 7:

You can, once you finish the palace you still have to wait till the end of the month

Peff

Palace 7 boss

Geez that was intense. I actually went through all five phases without being in too much danger and then he actually got me with Tarukaja+Tyrant's Glare when he literally must have had 100hp left, there was no visible HP outline anymore. I got my revenge in the second attempt, though, now I that knew about the sequential magic and the random buffs before the attack. They've done a pretty decent job at balancing the bosses and stat curve on hard going by the average level meter, even though I imagine there are some broken endgame demons as usual.

Also, awesome theme there for the final form. Meguro putting in some fine work.

TheBear

I'm upto June, I'm level 20 and my confidants are around rank 3-4 and social stats are all 2 (except guts which is 3)

Am I tracking ok? I only ever study or read when I don't have a confidant to talk to, is that generally the way to go?

Also is it worth spending the 5000 yen on the
maid?

jrcbandit

Made all these high level Personas to make two super guns, but then I realized I don't have any of the base component guns because I forgot I made two mediocre guns a long time ago.. I'm in the final dungeon so I can't go back to the one spot you can randomly get them. They aren't very generous giving those out. Oh well, reloaded earlier save so I didn't waste all that money.

PInk Tape

Banned
my wife and I have been playing puyo puyo tetris to help.
it's a fun little puzzle game with a story mode full of so much cheese and happiness that it helps full the void of sadness.... with murderous rage when they puyo chain you with a large chain... but still >.>

Sounds like fun! Minus the murderous rage part of course.

Did some early morning practice after a P5 session and 'Personafied' myself.

Peeps seemed to like it, so I feel ..."confidant" enough to share it.
This post inspired me to give the whole P5 confidant menu style a shot as well! It really nailed the style down so much that I just had to try it myself. I'm not familiar with working with an anime style, so the eyes and mouth were the most troubling to work with.

Wow those confidant screen portraits look incredible.

I actually had done the confidant screen look for a friend a little while back as a quick project. I kept it pretty simple and anime using our Final Fantasy XIV characters. Using it as a phone wallpaper now.

Wow you guys are amazing :eek:

Atlantis

I'm upto June, I'm level 20 and my confidants are around rank 3-4 and social stats are all 2 (except guts which is 3)

Am I tracking ok? I only ever study or read when I don't have a confidant to talk to, is that generally the way to go?

maid?

Time is money, especially in a game like this. That confidant focuses on providing the player with more time do to more things. Unfortunately I ignored her, (along with the other time saver confidant,
Fortune
) but if I hadn't I feel like maxing every confidant would have been fairly easy. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Ferrio

Banned

maid?

The maid is well worth the time investment, some of the better skills in the game

TheBear

Time is money, especially in a game like this. That confidant focuses on providing the player with more time do to more things. Unfortunately I ignored her, (along with the other time saver confidant,
Fortune
) but if I hadn't I feel like maxing every confidant would have been fairly easy. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Awesome thanks! Trying to upgrade knowledge is such a slog, should I only worry about around exam time?

I'd say there's somewhere between 5-10 hours left, a solid chunk of which is admittedly cutscenes.

You're in the last stretch. I don't know how far in you are, and I don't know about "couple of hours", but you're definitely in the last few hours. Single digits for sure.

That's a relief. I'm at 105 hours now and none of the other games took nearly this long. Would be happy to finish out this weekend.

Kindekuma

Banned
Thanks so much for the warning! Is free time a great way to raise relationships with your characters? That's what I'm most concerned about.

It's generally best to get Palaces done as fast as you can so that way you have as much free time as you can with raising confidant ranks and building social stats.

1-3 days to finish a palace, like 2+ weeks of free time until the story progresses more then you repeat the process. Also your team will nag at you every day until it's done more or less lol

Atlantis

Thanks so much for the warning! Is free time a great way to raise relationships with your characters? That's what I'm most concerned about.

There seems to be some lingering sentiment from P4 that each dungeon should be completed as soon as possible. This is because in P4 a lot of the confidants would be locked while the dungeon was open. This isn't the case in P5, though party members do seem to stop being available about a week before the deadline.

Advancing your confidant ranks with your party members will give them bonuses in combat, so I've found it best to spend some time doing that before tackling a dungeon. I'd wait for a day where I felt like I wasn't losing much by going (no party member confidants available, good weather, ect.) and tackle the dungeon then.

Awesome thanks! Trying to upgrade knowledge is such a slog, should I only worry about around exam time?

I can only remember one confidant requiring Knowledge off hand (MAX Knowledge, at that), but I'm almost certain there were more.

Fjordson

Hmm. Rank 8 Mishima spoilers
did I do something wrong? Confronted his shadow in Mementos and said that he should change his heart himself. But then the team just left and I haven't heard from him. And I didn't actually get the rank up to level 7.

FHIZ

So I'm just about at the start of the second palace storyline in NG+ and a big focus this time around outside of maxing all confidants is filling out that compendium.

Does anyone have any tips on how I should approach it? I started with about 60% so I'm a good chunk in, but with Gallows fusion becoming available soon, I'm starting to think about how I'm going to get it done. So obviously it's going to be a lot of sitting in the velvet room to summon personas and then fuse, but that needs a lot of money. So the best option is the Mementos/Confuse farming method right? Is there any mission's boss that's preferable for that? What's a pretty reasonable luck stat to get the farming persona up to? Realistically, how much money am I probably going to need? Or should I just try and max out the 9,999,999 limit?

The second issue with this is going to be persona level, so I know I need to rank up the Strength Arcana so I can fuse personas higher than mine. Whens the best time I should actually focus on the twins? The rank 10 requires to be at level 51 right?

pixxxelz

Hmm. Rank 8 Mishima spoilers
did I do something wrong? Confronted his shadow in Mementos and said that he should change his heart himself. But then the team just left and I haven't heard from him. And I didn't actually get the rank up to level 7.
No, you're on the right track.

EndMerit

Lots of people talking about 7th palace and endgame in this page...

Well, I just reached November
and I'm kind of freaking out how much I enjoyed the explanation of how the gang executed the whole plan.
Furthermore, that very first thing that got the gang suspicious in the first place? I totally noticed it when it originally happened, but there were so many red herrings before and since then that the revelation could have been something else entirely, but like...
GOD, the geniousness of this whole mystery expands beyond the game itself, into the game's marketing!

This story is awesome I can't handle it!

Anyway, given the situation MC is in, I hope most of December can still be used to finish your confidants. I'm at November
now and, depending on their availability, I'd need 15-20 days to max out all my confidants.

Lots of people talking about 7th palace and endgame in this page...

Well, I just reached November
and I'm kind of freaking out how much I enjoyed the explanation of how the gang executed the whole plan.
Furthermore, that very first thing that got the gang suspicious in the first place? I totally noticed it when it originally happened, but there were so many red herrings before and since then that the revelation could have been something else entirely, but like...
GOD, the geniousness of this whole mystery expands beyond the game itself, into the game's marketing!

This story is awesome I can't handle it!

Anyway, given the situation MC is in, I hope most of December can still be used to finish your confidants. I'm at November
now and, depending on their availability, I'd need 15-20 days to max out all my confidants.

Agreed.
I got this big dumb smile on my face when Ryuji hears that the protag committed suicide in custody, and his look of shock changes to a shit-eating grin as he says "Got 'em."

Also, I was glad to get vindication for being a complete asshole to Akechi at every opportunity. I knew that fucker was up to no good.

Oh , for those wondering it's possible to get all non-NG+ trophies from a single playthrough. I wasn't sure it was possible to get the Guardian as well as all the other stuff, but it's actually pretty easy, you can get enough points for the bait on the first visit and catch it on the second.

Also found out fishing is where you're supposed to get Black Robes from in the real world section of the game but can't see having enough time for that.

Nah you definitely can, I think I got a persona I had never seen let alone owned almost every time I network fused. You're right on DLC ones being locked though.

Either way, Mother should still be easy to get. It's as simple as getting a couple of personas of her arcana around the same level as hers and trying to fuse them. One of the combinations will result in her.

People shouldn't rely too much on fusion guides when the alternative is this easy.

Sorry, didn't mean that, meant that I'm pretty sure you can't get locked persona (eg not having the key item or S-Link rank) from Network fusion. You can definitely get new Persona and ones above your level.

Gbraga

Just finished Palace 4. It was very nicely designed, continuing from Palace 3 which was also great, but Jesus... This is the game to point to when someone doubts that you can actually have too much of a good thing. P5 does not know when to let go.

I can't say it was a bad dungeon at all, but it sucks that my final thoughts were "I hope it ends soon" while looking at the time every 5 minutes, when a couple of hours ago all I was thinking was about how cool it was, and how nice the puzzles and level design were.

And I didn't even do it in one session. It was one in-game day, but I saved and turned off the console to continue later.

Just finished Palace 4. It was very nicely designed, continuing from Palace 3 which was also great, but Jesus... This is the game to point to when someone doubts that you can actually have too much of a good thing. P5 does not know when to let go.

I can't say it was a bad dungeon at all, but it sucks that my final thoughts were "I hope it ends soon" while looking at the time every 5 minutes, when a couple of hours ago all I was thinking was about how cool it was, and how nice the puzzles and level design were.

And I didn't even do it in one session. It was one in-game day, but I saved and turned off the console to continue later.

This is a recurring problem in the game, unfortunately.

Top Bottom