• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Gbraga

It'll be interesting to see what they do for a P5 Crimson kind of thing. In my opinion, the last thing P5 needs is even more content, and I doubt they'd cut stuff from the game in a re-release, even if it did make it flow better.

A lot of people agree that the game would be better with shorter dungeons, for example, but can anyone really see them selling a new, more expensive version (compared to the current price of the vanilla game by the time it comes out) with "less stuff" as a selling point?

P5P for Switch!

Let the hashtags commence.

Fingers crossed for a FeMC, even if it's unlikely... Maybe with Hashino gone it's possible?

Haru's is really good but I still think Makoto and Joker have the best ones.

Makoto's is plain, and Joker's gets old considering most people will see it more. Haru's is pure class. (Just wish her personality was more like it than what we got.)

It'll be interesting to see what they do for a P5 Crimson kind of thing. In my opinion, the last thing P5 needs is even more content, and I doubt they'd cut stuff from the game in a re-release, even if it did make it flow better.

A lot of people agree that the game would be better with shorter dungeons, for example, but can anyone really see them selling a new, more expensive version (compared to the current price of the vanilla game by the time it comes out) with "less stuff" as a selling point?

In general, the most agreed upon things people want for P5C/P5P are...

1. Female Protagonist Option (FeMC) (Includes Male Romance Options)
  2. Nintendo Switch as Release Platform
  3. Less Restrictive Time Management
  4. Introduce Haru Earlier (Foreshadow, Dialogue, More Development, etc.)
  5. Improve Endgame Pacing (October->Endgame / Add Closing Months)
  6. Gay Romance Options (Yusuke, Ryuji, Goro, Iwai, etc.)
  7. Hifumi as a Party Member
  8. More/Redone Confidants (Shiho, Phantom Thieves, Foreign Barker etc.)
  9. More Music
  10. Redo/Revisit Localization
... although I'd like some dungeons to be shorter and puzzles to be repeated less, for sure.

Tempted to make a thread with a proper poll now, actually.

Curufinwe

I feel bad when I read horror stories about that trophy. I got it in my first playthrough in Golden without even knowing it existed.

I did, too.

I also managed to max out all the S.Links without following a guide, although I almost screwed up and ran out of time to catch the Sea Guardian.

What is bad about the end-game pacing, specifically? Is it possible to explain without spoilers?

Without spoilers: Once you gain Haru near the end of October, events will start to occur more frequently and especially when you get to mid November, numerous story events will occur in succession with little time in between. (Doesn't help that Morgana really wants you to sleep all the time too.) Once you get to the final palace, you complete it, and multiple large-scale events happen in the same evening. After that, there's two timeskips to singular one-day events and the game is over. It comes off as extremely rushed.

With spoilers:
Once you gain Haru near the end of October, the final act of the game begins and the Phantom Thieves are pushed up against a wall and need to prove themselves. They quickly choose to go after Sae, and get betrayed by Akechi mid November. After that, there are a few days of exposition and dealing with your new (not supposed to be alive) status, after which you quickly go after the prime minister. He has one of the longest palaces in the game, and a few days after beating it, you tackle the final floor of momentos, which is also too long.

You reach the end of Momentos, and you're now in the endgame chain of events. You fight the grail, you get kicked out, your team fades away, you fight the twins, free your team, talk with Igor and Lavenza, find out about the game, go fight your way up to the grail, fight the grail again, fight its final form, morgana fades away, you go back to the real world, spend the evening with your selected romance option, all in the same evening.

Once that's done, you turn yourself in the next day, then there are two timeskips - one to valentines, and one to late March - and you're done.

Lunar15

What is bad about the end-game pacing, specifically? Is it possible to explain without spoilers?

Just longer dungeons. That's all. The game is actually way easier in terms of time management by that point, so I don't get the complaints about there being too many story cutscenes.

Palace 5 and 7 are particularly long and kind of a pain to get through. 6 is perfect. If you're doing big marathoning sessions, this shit will drain you. If you have limited time like I do and it's being split up over several nights, it's not that bad. The main problem is that the longer dungeons don't complement the calendar system: Once you decide to do a dungeon you're basically in it until you're done, unless you want to pop out to move forward a few days and do social links.

Just wanted to ask:

Drain Phys skill also affects gun skills?

No. In fact, there are no drain/repel/null/resist gun skills. The only way you get resistances to gun attacks is for the persona to have it by default. Last I checked, only a small handful of personas qualify (I think three, maybe four).

LiK

Replaying NG+ and I was kinda shocked how there were many several days in a row of story only. Forgot about that. I guess they kinda made up for it at the end-game but it was a bit much. they sorta sacrificed some character development for the later party members with the group, imo.

Gbraga

Ah, I see. It's a long segment of the same annoying on-rails pre-Palace thing.

I'm kind of ok with it for the end-game, though, because P5 is way too long, they could definitely have tighter pacing during Summer and give us more free time later, but since they didn't, I'm ok with it just rushing to the conclusion. I kind of just want it to be over already, still in Late August.

kewlmyc

Just wanted to ask:

Drain Phys skill also affects gun skills?

No. In fact, there are no drain/repel/null/resist gun skills. The only way you get resistances to gun attacks is for the persona to have it by default. Last I checked, only a small handful of personas qualify (I think three, maybe four).

If it helps, gun skills have to be the lease used skills by enemies in the game.

Curufinwe

Palace 5 and 7 are particularly long and kind of a pain to get through. 6 is perfect. If you're doing big marathoning sessions, this shit will drain you.

I did palace 5 over about four hours yesterday and thought it flowed really well and didn't overstay its welcome.

Previous palaces with trickier puzzles annoyed me more.

Balphon

FB31121928675659C4AE224245C7AD44D34BE73B

Haru definitely had the best all out attack thing. Followed by Morgana. I have a soft spot for Ann when she says "A beautiful rose has thorns."

Haru's mispronunciation of coup de grâce on that screen bugs me, especially since this game seems to go out of its way to foreignize the way characters pronounce names.

They deliberately made it hard to get much in the way of extra Futaba lines with
Akechi
, I think.

He's got a skill that makes it super hard to get Ailments to stick to him, his only initial multi-hit is almighty which makes it hard to the 2+ enemies destroyed / down lines without serious grinding (since the win like takes priority)

Doesn't really seem necessary though unlike with Rise where you need needed to hear pretty much every line to get the trophy.

Guess Who

Banned
They deliberately made it hard to get much in the way of extra Futaba lines with
Akechi
, I think.

He's got a skill that makes it super hard to get Ailments to stick to him, his only initial multi-hit is almighty which makes it hard to the 2+ enemies destroyed / down lines without serious grinding (since the win like takes priority)

Doesn't really seem necessary though unlike with Rise where you need needed to hear pretty much every line to get the trophy.

Quite a few people, myself included, got that trophy without actually trying for it in the first playthrough. Much easier than Rise in P4G.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm in December and I have a question about difficulty

How much do you trivialize the end dungeons if you utilize the lvl 10 strength arcana? Like if I brought in some lvl 80 personas without even min/maxing their skills/resists.

Mementos Boss Request Exploit Spoilers.

I feel kinda bad about feeding
Sandman
a steady diet of
Black Ooze
and
White Rider
. Can't be good for him. But I need to get
Stagnant Air
and
Ailment Boost
on him.

Opa-Pa

I'm in December and I have a question about difficulty

How much do you trivialize the end dungeons if you utilize the lvl 10 strength arcana? Like if I brought in some lvl 80 personas without even min/maxing their skills/resists.

It honestly doesn't change too much. I started using the ability right after getting it and never really felt like I was cheating, I mean you'll deal a lot of damage depending on what you fuse, but you will still get one-shot killed if you're not careful and ignore your resistances. The last stretch is fairly challenging on Hard provided you haven't been grinding.

95+ hours into the game, in the middle (?) of Palace 7. I would like to know too.

Trust me, you'll enjoy it the whole way through lol.

Lunar15

95+ hours into the game, in the middle (?) of Palace 7. I would like to know too.

It certainly hasn't bothered me as much as other people. But I'm also fine with this game being 80% visual novel and 20% straight up dungeon crawler. I'd say I'm usually over a dungeon a hair earlier than when it actually ends, though.

It certainly hasn't bothered me as much as other people. But I'm also fine with this game being 80% visual novel and 20% straight up dungeon crawler. I'd say I'm usually over a dungeon a hair earlier than when it actually ends, though.

During the final day it completely flips that, then suddenly ends - it's a pretty big shift.

Dany

Banned

Having beaten the game yesterday the last stretch of the game is like 5 hours long lol. I was thinking I could beat it saturday morning but there were more
dungeons
and
cutscenes
than I thought there would be. There is also a lack of
safe rooms

Kyuur

Finished up Palace 6 and
caught up to the present.
About 95 hours in.

Just sort of threw out answers, decided not to sell anyone out (does not doing this trigger a bad end?) and thinking about what would appeal to Sae's personality mostly. Desperately tried to remember what the hell the pancake scene was when first mentioned but given its nearly 70 hours of gameplay time later, no way I could. Had no idea who 'he' was :lol: After Akechi became a party member I thought for sure that the whole traitor business was just a ruse by the villain to try and get us to out someone! Did find that Futaba taking his phone was a little suspicious at the time but it quickly faded into "Futaba-being-Futaba" which parallels to how well it worked I guess. The sequence of replaying the intro and the breakdown of the plan afterwards, the smirks during the end of the anime cutscenes, all so good.

I'm currently around Lv55~, can't imagine getting to the required level of some of the Persona you can fuse. Can you even use
Strength's Lv10 ability
on the fusions that require 3+ Persona?

Finished up Palace 6 and
caught up to the present.
About 95 hours in.

Just sort of threw out answers, decided not to sell anyone out (does not doing this trigger a bad end?) and thinking about what would appeal to Sae's personality mostly. Desperately tried to remember what the hell the pancake scene was when first mentioned but given its nearly 70 hours of gameplay time later, no way I could. Had no idea who 'he' was :lol: After Akechi became a party member I thought for sure that the whole traitor business was just a ruse by the villain to try and get us to out someone! Did find that Futaba taking his phone was a little suspicious at the time but it quickly faded into "Futaba-being-Futaba" which parallels to how well it worked I guess. The sequence of replaying the intro and the breakdown of the plan afterwards, the smirks during the end of the anime cutscenes, all so good.

I'm currently around Lv55~, can't imagine getting to the required level of some of the Persona you can fuse. Can you even use
Strength's Lv10 ability
on the fusions that require 3+ Persona?

The pancake scene is when Akechi is at the TV station, Morgana says a building looks like a pancake. Akechi overhears but doesn't realise it's Morgana (and thus that he shouldn't be able to understand him without having visited the Metaverse)
so when he later lies about acquiring his Persona around the Okumara Foods incident, it's clear he's lying. He seems to only have realised that Morgana was an actual cat in reality at the Culture Festival, and a bit after he accidentally outs himself as the traitor.

The Winter made P4G so worth it. The music, setting and hell, that
ski trip
was just super well done.

100% agreed. It's a shame because looking back on P5 & its ending now, I'm not sure how they'd manage anything nearly as impactful as that with it...

Fjordson

Man 40 hours in and I'm having anxiety about being able to max Charm in time for Makoto's social link (currently finishing the fourth Palace on 7/31). Only at rank 3 =[

Kyuur

Are there any gameplay reasons or special cutscenes for hanging out with someone after you've already maxed their confidant?

Thanks!

The pancake scene is when Akechi is at the TV station, Morgana says a building looks like a pancake. Akechi overhears but doesn't realise it's Morgana (and thus that he shouldn't be able to understand him without having visited the Metaverse)
so when he later lies about acquiring his Persona around the Okumara Foods incident, it's clear he's lying. He seems to only have realised that Morgana was an actual cat in reality at the Culture Festival, and a bit after he accidentally outs himself as the traitor.

Ah yeah, I got it after they recapped. I was just confused because they mention it while you're still being interrogated and you have to give Sae the phone, had no idea at that point. :lol:

Man 40 hours in and I'm having anxiety about being able to max Charm in time for Makoto's social link (currently finishing the fourth Palace on 7/31). Only at rank 3 =[

Both the Sun and Devil confidants give Charm during their level ups, so make sure you utilize that.

Hazmat

Not really a spoiler, but some upcoming opportunities to increase charm:

Your friends will want to hang out while you're on break from school (August). Yusuke wants to hang out a lot, and doing so in the daytime gives 3 Yusuke points and 3 charm.

pixxxelz

I didn't hit max charm until early December and I was still able to max out her sl, got her rank 10 with only one day left though so it was a pretty close call.

Top Bottom