• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

So I'm almost done the compendium, but I have no idea where to find
Crystal Skull and Hope Diamond.
Are they wandering around Mementos? Do they show up on certain days/conditions?

LiK

Not sure if anyone plays with surround sound but it helps knowing where the Reaper spawns before he even appears. The sounds of those chains are freaky.

What level is expected to take on the Reaper properly? Just in case I'm nuts.

I think I did it at level 85, but with level 97/8/9 personas? To be honest the last month of NG+ was a blur of fusions for me. I can't remember if it felt almost as hard as the twins, or if it wasn't that bad. I'm pretty sure the rest of my party was dead, though.

I went back and watched the SMT HD project trailer again for the first time after having finished P5 and lmao, all of the demons' idle animations are exactly the same as the ones in P5, despite it being a CG trailer and all haha. Good ol Atlus, I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest.

That seems kinda necessary to me. Persona 5 has a kinda noticeable shortage of Persona designs, reusing existing ones and adding more is how they build up a good selection.

And that's despite them using demons as enemies to let them put the enemy design budget into getting more demons done in HD 3D too.

NSESN

I went back and watched the SMT HD project trailer again for the first time after having finished P5 and lmao, all of the demons' idle animations are exactly the same as the ones in P5, despite it being a CG trailer and all haha. Good ol Atlus, I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest.
Well Odin for once is totally different but that is because it is using his Apocalypse design.

LiK

Reaper exploit isn't as fast as I thought. Took so many encounters for the Despair to kick in. But hell, can't wait to be OP as fuck.

So I'm almost done the compendium, but I have no idea where to find
Crystal Skull and Hope Diamond.
Are they wandering around Mementos? Do they show up on certain days/conditions?

Last two floors of Mementos. Use a treasure trap for better odds.
In addition to this, you must
complete palace 7 for them to show up. I'll tell you the most efficient way of getting them:

It's necessary to have rank 9 with Hifumi and rank 3(?) with Shinya; Rank 9 to escape battles and rank 3 for the special gun move that instantly downs treasure demons.

Use a treasure map, then keep moving back and forth between floor 11 and 12 until a diamond appears. Once it appears, engage and if it's either one, do the special move. If it's not the ones you need, escape the battle. Attack any shadow on the floor and escape immediately. The treasure demons will be in the same spot that you found it. If there aren't any enemies, wait 2-3 minutes for the reaper to show up and engage. Back out of the battle and go to the diamond. Repeat this process until you got both.

I'm about at the point where I'd make a deal with the Great Will just to be able to see what the hell button power instinct thinks I'm pressing when it refuses to register motions. I've spent more time on this than all the boss battles so far combined.

complete palace 7 for them to show up. I'll tell you the most efficient way of getting them:

It's necessary to have rank 9 with Hifumi and rank 3(?) with Shinya; Rank 9 to escape battles and rank 3 for the special gun move that instantly downs treasure demons.

Use a treasure map, then keep moving back and forth between floor 11 and 12 until a diamond appears. Once it appears, engage and if it's either one, do the special move. If it's not the ones you need, escape the battle. Attack any shadow on the floor and escape immediately. The treasure demons will be in the same spot that you found it. If there aren't any enemies, wait 2-3 minutes for the reaper to show up and engage. Back out of the battle and go to the diamond. Repeat this process until you got both.

Definitely wouldn't have been able to figure this out, thanks!

LiK

Very useful for me as well. Thanks.

Dany

Banned
WOW. I really did not think choosing the 'best answer' when hanging out with confidants would influence this so much.

duckroll

Should be able to beat the game before the weekend. So much I want to talk about. The Velvet Room. Ooooh boy.

Persona 5 really is the greatest Atlus experience since SMT3.

Should be able to beat the game before the weekend. So much I want to talk about. The Velvet Room. Ooooh boy.

iSKFtpF2HzneE.gif

It'll be interesting to hear what you have to say, to say the least; seems to be the polar opposite of those of us here who were disappointed.

Opa-Pa

I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but at worst it's pretty close to that, yeah, it really is that good.

Sounds like you don't have much left. I knew the latter half wouldn't bother you either lol.

duckroll

I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but at worst it's pretty close to that, yeah, it really is that good.

Sounds like you don't have much left. I knew the latter half wouldn't bother you either lol.

I certainly would go that far. I'm not saying it's the best game they've made by any means, nor is it the best in each respective aspect of the game (story, gameplay, music, designs, etc), but taken as a whole, the cohesive experience of what it offers, to me as a long time Atlus fan, it's the closest to complete satisfaction in how it all comes together since SMT3.

Lunar15

I'm loving the final dungeon. Asthetically, musically, and thematically. It's a little straightforward, but the fights are fun.

Opa-Pa

Yeah I hear you, it definitely has its flaws but like with every modern Persona game (for me at least) it's greater than the sum of its parts, and I consider it the first time the series has reached similar heights to that of Nocturne too, which I didn't expect at all when starting the game. I love it.

PK Gaming

I'm loving the final dungeon. Asthetically, musically, and thematically. It's a little straightforward, but the fights are fun.

The final dungeon is where your party fully comes together in terms of potential, so you're just powering through these ultra powerful demons
fucking Mara is a normal encounter
like it's nothing. It's a great feeling, and way better than fighting shitty recolors that plagued the final dungeon of P3/P4.

Definitely flawed, but oh-so-satisfying.

duckroll

Any tips for Baton trophy?

Find a large group of Lilims (I think they sometimes spawn as red glowing enemies on the respective Mementos floors), make sure your party is made up of at least 3 single shot gun weapon characters, shoot one, baton pass, shoot another, baton pass, etc.

LiK

Look for mobs that are weak to guns, so everyone gets a chance to get a one more no matter what.

Find a large group of Lilims (I think they sometimes spawn as red glowing enemies on the respective Mementos floors), make sure your party is made up of at least 3 single shot gun weapon characters, shoot one, baton pass, shoot another, baton pass, etc.

Ah. Thanks

Hero

Beat the game. Was very happy with it, although I think the game overstayed its welcome just a little bit.

How hard is it to platinum on new game plus?

kewlmyc

Wow, I think this game ate my DLC.

No matter how many times I reboot my PS4, check my add-ons to make sure it's installed, delete the game off my PS4 and reinsert the disc, and check the damn storage box, Tsukiyomi won't show up in my game. When I initially bought it, I didn't get the usual message, but I thought that was because I was in the middle of Mementos. I get home and try to access the box, but Morgana just gives me the generic "oh that must be your stuff" line. Go check the Velvet Room and neither Tsukiyomi or Tsukiyomi Picaro are in the compendium.

I'm legit getting pissed off trying to find out why I can't access the DLC I bought. Is there a way to redownload DLC? I can't find a way at all.

Wow, I think this game ate my DLC.

No matter how many times I reboot my PS4, check my add-ons to make sure it's installed, delete the game off my PS4 and reinsert the disc, and check the damn storage box, Tsukiyomi won't show up in my game. When I initially bought it, I didn't get the usual message, but I thought that was because I was in the middle of Mementos. I get home and try to access the box, but Morgana just gives me the generic "oh that must be your stuff" line. Go check the Velvet Room and neither Tsukiyomi or Tsukiyomi Picaro are in the compendium.

I'm legit getting pissed off trying to find out why I can't access the DLC I bought. Is there a way to redownload DLC? I can't find a way at all.

Have you tried checking the store page ? I had a similar issue with Messiah but in the end I just needed to do a full shutdown of the PS4 and it was fine after the restart.

Vigamox

I think it's a pretty clear sign that they're going to reuse all these demon models across several games this generation, which is a good thing imo. I think part of the long wait for Persona 5 was the jump to HD, which required modeling and animating hundreds of demons from their old SD forms.

Hopefully reusing these assets will cut down on the development time for the next SMT and also cut down on the wait time for Persona 6.

kewlmyc

Have you tried checking the store page ? I had a similar issue with Messiah but in the end I just needed to do a full shutdown of the PS4 and it was fine after the restart.

Yeah, the store page tells me that it is purchased. I did a full shutdown of the PS4 as well to no avail. I deleted the game again and reinstalled to see if that helps or not.

Yeah, the store page tells me that it is purchased. I did a full shutdown of the PS4 as well to no avail. I deleted the game again and reinstalled to see if that helps or not.

I had the same problem. I backed up my saves to a USB, deleted the game and my saves from the HDD, restarted the system, started a new game, then went back and restored my saves, and it worked.

I don't know how much of that was necessary, but it got the job done.

JBwB

Beat the game. Was very happy with it, although I think the game overstayed its welcome just a little bit.

How hard is it to platinum on new game plus?

It actually easy to platinum but it still does take a lot of time to get. If you didn't max out your confidants in your first go then you'll pretty much have to play the whole game again like I did.

Not that I was bothered by that haha. It was fun experiencing the story and hanging out with the characters again.

kewlmyc

I had the same problem. I backed up my saves to a USB, deleted the game and my saves from the HDD, restarted the system, started a new game, then went back and restored my saves, and it worked.

I don't know how much of that was necessary, but it got the job done.

I'll let you know if it works. Did you get your DLC from the storage box before you restore your saves or after?

I'll let you know if it works. Did you get your DLC from the storage box before you restore your saves or after?

After. I hit New Game, saw the "You unlocked x DLC!" popup, then restored my saves and got my stuff in-game.

By any chance, is your PSN account set to a different region than where you purchased P5? That's what did me in, I think.

Top Bottom