• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Does Luck Reading really only work for the single day? That seems like a waste of money...

Its not. It saves a huge amount of time raising stats over the long haul. I'm on 12/4 on a first playthrough and have finished all the non-story links , done the batting cages, caught the guardian , finished all games except power intuition (because it is my nemesis) and only have like 4 books left to read. And that was with wasting a day to be able to see Kawakami's Hawaii scene.

Luck reading isn't a fixes boost, it's a multiple to the gains for that stat after it's done and doesn't cost time.

Her other good ability is Affinity Fortune which is an immediate time free bonus to your affinity with an S-Link.

MarkusRJR

Its not. It saves a huge amount of time raising stats over the long haul. I'm on 12/4 on a first playthrough and have finished all the non-story links , done the batting cages, caught the guardian , finished all games except power intuition (because it is my nemesis) and only have like 4 books left to read. And that was with wasting a day to be able to see Kawakami's Hawaii scene.
Wow what's the best way to optimize time? I feel like using the ability would drain my money so fast.

LiK

Wow what's the best way to optimize time? I feel like using the ability would drain my money so fast.

Are you doing NG? Money shouldn't be much of an issue anymore late game. But if you don't wanna waste money, just having a Persona with the same Arcana of that Confidant and picking the best answers will get you to rank up pretty fast. I never used the Fortune reading and I'm gonna max out all optional SLinks no problem. But I'm doing NG+ atm

kewlmyc

After. I hit New Game, saw the "You unlocked x DLC!" popup, then restored my saves and got my stuff in-game.

By any chance, is your PSN account set to a different region than where you purchased P5? That's what did me in, I think.

No, it's the same region. Not sure why this happened.

Just tried what you mentioned, and all my DLC popped up one by one, except the Tsukiyomi one. Despite it being in my add-ons folder.

I'm stumped right now. Guess I'm out 3 bucks.

duckroll

No, it's the same region. Not sure why this happened.

Just tried what you mentioned, and all my DLC popped up one by one, except the Tsukiyomi one. Despite it being in my add-ons folder.

I'm stumped right now. Guess I'm out 3 bucks.

Is there any chance it somehow downloaded the wrong DLC? Is it even possible for a PS4 PSN Store to buy/download PS3 DLC? I dunno, this sounds frustrating.

kewlmyc

Dang. Sorry.

Is there any chance it somehow downloaded the wrong DLC? Is it even possible for a PS4 PSN Store to buy/download PS3 DLC? I dunno, this sounds frustrating.

Figured it out. Restoring licenses did the trick. Not sure why.

On further exception, my PS4 wasn't the primary PS4 for my account anymore, despite only logging into my account from this PS4. Went ahead and set my PS4 to primary since someone I don't know might be using my account somewhere.

Thanks for the suggestions regardless.

gryvan

I am enlightened that I now know how to play fighting games...

USING MIDDLE AND INDEX FINGERS!!!!!

fuck power intuition forever

Prismo

Neo Member
After 100+ hours, I still hate Ryuji... He's beyond stupid, might possibly be the biggest idiot in all of persona verse.

I'm right there with you. I didn't really mind him at first, but his stupidity really grated on me, to the point where I just wanted someone in the group to say "fuck this, you're out" when he was basically shouting in public that they are the phantom thieves for the umpteenth time.

That being said, at least his social link was alright, especially when compared to the teacher, I have no words to describe how baffled I was when she tells you the real reason she is
moonlighting as a "maid"

I have no idea what to do now. I've spent over 5 god damn hours on the third part of Power Intuition. This has long since ceased to be anything but rage inducing but its the only thing left to do that I can do in this time slot. This will be the seminal example of why reaction based stuff in turn based games should DIAF for me for a long long time. There's not even any real feed back to let me know what I'm doing wrong. *Sigh*.

Balphon

Does Luck Reading really only work for the single day? That seems like a waste of money...

I used it constantly and had every social stat maxed by late September.

It works really well.

I have no idea what to do now. I've spent over 5 god damn hours on the third part of Power Intuition. This has long since ceased to be anything but rage inducing but its the only thing left to do that I can do in this time slot. This will be the seminal example of why reaction based stuff in turn based games should DIAF for me for a long long time. There's not even any real feed back to let me know what I'm doing wrong. *Sigh*.

Is that the fighting one? The last block was a little weird since it ended with a half circle plus an extra forward tap at the end.

duckroll

I am enlightened that I now know how to play fighting games...

USING MIDDLE AND INDEX FINGERS!!!!!

fuck power intuition forever

Lmao. Raging over playing bad virtual games inside a good game. Meta as fuck.

Are you doing it in one continuous motion? Gliding your finger to hit right on the dpad is the tricky part. I completed it, but I have no love for it.

Mikey Jr.

Ok, so I have SUPER LATE PALACE QUESTION

Probably spoiler for you. I'm 100+ hours in.

So I have about 990k yen. The palace that I still have to do is the Shido one. Haven't started it yet, but it feels to me like this is the last palace. So I just have a money question. Before I do the last palace, should I blow the 990k completely? Like max out all gear specifically, tons of items, accessories, etc.? I'm just wondering if I should have 0 yen going into that final dungeon? Thanks. Please don't spoil anything for me if possible.

Ok, so I have SUPER LATE PALACE QUESTION

Probably spoiler for you. I'm 100+ hours in.

So I have about 990k yen. The palace that I still have to do is the Shido one. Haven't started it yet, but it feels to me like this is the last palace. So I just have a money question. Before I do the last palace, should I blow the 990k completely? Like max out all gear specifically, tons of items, accessories, etc.? I'm just wondering if I should have 0 yen going into that final dungeon? Thanks. Please don't spoil anything for me if possible.
Save your yen. Only buy what you deem necessary.

duckroll

990k sounds really low for late game....

Regardless the answer is no. Lol. It's hard to really give further advice without knowing your circumstances in the game. Like, I wouldn't even think of blowing all my money on equipment or items, because that's typically not what I spend money on in the game. I blow most of my money on fusing Persona, and what Persona I want depends on me reacting to stuff as I play a dungeon sometimes. So having 0 yen while dungeon crawling sounds totally undesirable.

That said, I'm sitting on like 4 million at the end of the game now, so I guess I should spend that on fusing more super Persona soon. Too bad I can't Itemize more ultimate weapons due to the daily limit! :p

Mikey Jr.

Save your yen. Only buy what you deem necessary.

Ok, thank you.

990k sounds really low for late game....

Regardless the answer is no. Lol. It's hard to really give further advice without knowing your circumstances in the game. Like, I wouldn't even think of blowing all my money on equipment or items, because that's typically not what I spend money on in the game. I blow most of my money on fusing Persona, and what Persona I want depends on me reacting to stuff as I play a dungeon sometimes. So having 0 yen while dungeon crawling sounds totally undesirable.

That said, I'm sitting on like 4 million at the end of the game now, so I guess I should spend that on fusing more super Persona soon. Too bad I can't Itemize more ultimate weapons due to the daily limit! :p

Not sure how you people are getting in the millions...

I'm always buying top gear for every single party member before the start of a new dungeon, so maybe that?

But anyways, I really don't fuck around with the personas too much. I find the whole thing kinda mehhh to be honest. I just make sure I have like 2 or 3 personas with every single type of magic, and I just pretty much stick with them for the game. I'll include a few that repel physical attacks, and have some enemy debuffs/ally buffs. But yeah, game is pretty easy. So i don't really find the need.

Any tips for Baton trophy?

If it helps at all, cancelling out of an All-Out Attack allows you to continue a baton pass chain. You won't be able to exploit anyone's weakness since they're all knocked down already, but it can help you get that last baton pass for the trophy if needed.

libregkd

So I posted about this earlier in the thread but I finally went through the hassle of getting Almighty Boost, Almighty Amp, and Magic Ability. I haven't done any stat manipulation (outside of Arsene and there are a few Personas I'll continue to level up via the Gallows as I currently have just under 8 million yen atm) and there are some silly stuff attached w/ regards to some ailment boosts but I've gone and made my spell specific powerhouse Personas lol. Each one specializes in one of the elements in the game as well as having a dedicated Healer, Buff/Debuffer, and Physical damage dealer. It took longer to do than I thought it would; it became quicker once I realized there is a way to manipulate the Gallows so that the exact skill you want to be inherited will be the one that is passed on.

Made an album so I wouldn't have to clutter the page with some rather large screenshots I took
https://imgur.com/a/FUvDY

duckroll

Some Mementos bosses can be confused and when they do, they can drop 20k-40k a turn. Do that for 30 minutes.

I only did this once, on the second last Mishima request at the end, and I was getting 110k a pop. Lol.

But even without using confuse, it's possible to get 1-2 million from a Palace and Mementos run just from being thorough in getting all treasures and pressing enemies for money repeatedly. The Sun Confidant bonuses are a godsend.

Mikey Jr.

Some Mementos bosses can be confused and when they do, they can drop 20k-40k a turn. Do that for 30 minutes.

Wish I knew this earlier, hahaha. Ohh well.

So I posted about this earlier in the thread but I finally went through the hassle of getting Almighty Boost, Almighty Amp, and Magic Ability. I haven't done any stat manipulation (outside of Arsene and there are a few Personas I'll continue to level up via the Gallows as I currently have just under 8 million yen atm) and there are some silly stuff attached w/ regards to some ailment boosts but I've gone and made my spell specific powerhouse Personas lol. Each one specializes in one of the elements in the game as well as having a dedicated Healer, Buff/Debuffer, and Physical damage dealer. It took longer to do than I thought it would; it became quicker once I realized there is a way to manipulate the Gallows so that the exact skill you want to be inherited will be the one that is passed on.

Made an album so I wouldn't have to clutter the page with some rather large screenshots I took

Holy crap. That is dedication. My personas look like freshly squeezed poop.

What's your Gallows inheritance control method ?

Are you doing it in one continuous motion? Gliding your finger to hit right on the dpad is the tricky part. I completed it, but I have no love for it.

I'm trying , I rarely get the last arrow to light up and when I do I never hit X in time. At least with fighting games you can see what the game is interpreting your input as. With this I have no idea why it usually doesn't register the last arrow but sometimes does. I've even gone looking for youtube vids of the correct movement but no one has one up.

So where do I find part time jobs? Morgana suggested doing it but I have no idea where to go.

The Yen markers on the map at the Underground Walkway. The actual jobs are either in the Underground Mall or Central Street once you've signed up.

There's also a late game one at Crossroad but thats just by talking to Lala.

Menitta

On 10/28 (I think. I forgot quickly).

This game is a roller coaster of emotions. In a heartbeat, this game's tone went from "Yeah we're awesome!" to "oh my god we are so fucked." I can tell I'm getting close to the end. Regardless of what happens in the end, this has been one hell of a journey.

Definitely gonna be one of my favorite games this year, if not gen. Also the fact that the exam music is called "Life goes on" is excellent because I'm gonna use that for my finals.

Ann has the most annoying voice sometimes when she complains but it makes the game all the better as
she had to come across the idea of posing nude for justice
Lol, couldn't stop laughing at the way her voice gets so irritated. I'm starting to like Ann the most out of the characters so far.... Ryuji has been for the most part insufferable but I do hope I end up liking him later on. I'ts extremely early as I dont have all members yet but yeah.

libregkd

What's your Gallows inheritance control method ?
So to bypass the whole save/reload thing until a persona gets the skill I wanted to inherit, I created a whole separate persona and loaded it up with either skills the main persona already has or skills that persona just cannot inherit (or some combination of the two) and of course the skill(s) you actually want to pass on. For example when I first created my Arsene through regular fusion, he got Atomic Flare, Cosmic Flare, Null Bless, and Drain Ice. After that I made a second persona that had Magic Ability, Nuke Boost, Nuke Amp, Spell Master and a handful of physical attacks. I would then save that persona into the compendium as I'd be using it multiple times to get the mentioned skills. Arsene just will not inherit physical skills so those would always be skipped and I'd get one of the passive abilities. Then once I had one of the passive abilities, I'd repeat the gallows where it'd skip over physical skills and then skip over whatever passive ability I got from the previous gallows execution. Repeat until all the skills I wanted got passed on.

It can be a rather expensive but if you have a bunch of cash it's really not that big of a deal.

duckroll

But anyways, I really don't fuck around with the personas too much. I find the whole thing kinda mehhh to be honest. I just make sure I have like 2 or 3 personas with every single type of magic, and I just pretty much stick with them for the game. I'll include a few that repel physical attacks, and have some enemy debuffs/ally buffs. But yeah, game is pretty easy. So i don't really find the need.

It's not just about the Persona skills though. It's also about building a good library so you can easily get the Persona you want when you need them. There's also the matter of stats. The MC's stats are directly linked to the Persona equipped, so you want to have really good stats as you progress, instead of just focusing on the skills. That aside, Itemization is a huge incentive to care about being able to fuse the big endgame Persona, since all the ultimate weapons come from those and can't be bought or found. The high level of those Persona also mean that you'll need to spend a lot of money just to fuse them unless you want to grind A LOT. It cost me like 400-500k to fuse Michael, but it was totally worth it since it gives Makoto the gun that adds +10 to all her stats. The unique melee weapons you can get from Persona mid-game and late-game also tend to look really cool. Having the Bugbear gloves on Makoto as a weapon made battles so much funnier. And now she has knife hands from Cybele. Lol.

Out of curiosity, I ran the numbers:

Should be around 887 days until we see Persona 5 Crimson/Golden/Whatever - on Monday, October 14, 2019.

(Averaged out time between P3, P3FES & P3P and P4 & P4G.)

aett

I'm at the absolute no-shit for reals final area and, sigh, I need to level grind. I was good about not avoiding battles throughout the game, so I was always strong enough to handle everything, but the bosses here are kicking my ass and even the regular battles are sometimes extremely strong. I can't even fuse stronger Persona because I can't afford anything beyond my current level. I love this game, but it's been wearing out its welcome.

Also, Mara has a weakness to ice, so why doesn't that take effect when I fight them? It only does regular damage and doesn't knock him down. Does he have a special ability?

JBwB

Out of curiosity, I ran the numbers:

Should be around 1084 days until we see Persona 5 Crimson/Golden/Whatever - on Tuesday April 28th, 2020.

(Averaged out time between P3, P3FES & P3P and P4 & P4G.)

Hopefully we'll see Persona 6 being released (or at the very least into the last stages of development) sometime then as well.

Hopefully we'll see Persona 6 being released (or at the very least into the last stages of development) sometime then as well.

4 predated 3P by like a year, but 4G was literal years before 5 so hard to say. I'd probably expect more like 4 I think , since the Pro / Scorpio suggest this console gen is a fair way from over which should avoid any major setbacks on new assets at least.

duckroll

I expect a revised Persona 5 to come out much sooner. Announced later this year, released next year. I also expect them to consider releasing it for Switch to tackle the portable issue, while making the PS3/PS4 version an expansion DLC as well as retail GOTY Edition. Similar to how Dark Souls does it.

Also, Mara has a weakness to ice, so why doesn't that take effect when I fight them? It only does regular damage and doesn't knock him down. Does he have a special ability?

I fought Mara yesterday in the final dungeon and I could have sworn it was weak to Nuke.

Personally more curious about Project Re Fantasy, but I'm also intruiged to see where Persona goes without Hashino guiding it.

You really want that Persona 5 remake, huh?

:p

It's the pain of absolutely loving some parts of the game while being less than enthused with others.

I will pay for P5C Special Edition right now if they promise to remove Power Intuition 3.

Also I just beat Power Intuition 3 and I still hate it with an endless welling hatred from the core of the dark pit that passes for my soul.

Menitta

I want a fighting game the most because holy fuck, these characters are so much better suited for a fighting game than P3/4's cast. Makoto would totally be rushdown.

LiK

I want a fighting game the most because holy fuck, these characters are so much better suited for a fighting game than P3/4's cast. Makoto would totally be rushdown.

Futaba will just fly in with Position Hack and let the P5 crew destroy the P3/4 crew. 😆

duckroll

Forget the fighting game. Vanillaware should just make a Dragon's Crown style 4-player 2D brawler with Makoto, Ann, Haru, and Morgana.

Another Mementos ~Girls Side~

You know the Confession booth is nice but character wise I'd like to see a smoother translation from healer characters who go from Single Target, Multi-Target (+ Ailments) -> Mediaharan (Salvation) the sudden step down in slots needed for healing skills can make it tricky to get them back into their secondary roles. Morgana suffers more than Yukiko since he lacks Concentrate as a recovery step.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I'm at the absolute no-shit for reals final area and, sigh, I need to level grind. I was good about not avoiding battles throughout the game, so I was always strong enough to handle everything, but the bosses here are kicking my ass and even the regular battles are sometimes extremely strong. I can't even fuse stronger Persona because I can't afford anything beyond my current level. I love this game, but it's been wearing out its welcome.

Yes, Mara as an enemy don't have ice weakness for some reason

zeniselv

Quoting to edit - I based this off the US release date but with JP time calculations.

Actual JP estimated date for P5C/G/Whatever is in 887 days, on Monday, October 14, 2019.
My bet is that by that date we should already had our first teaser of Persona 6, the wait for 6 was mostly them upgrading the game for a new gen, and with the assets they have now, they are probably ok for the next couple of games.

Top Bottom