• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

So, there's quite a bit of narrative toward the end.

Like, a lot. I mean, fuck? I don't know that I'm complaining per se as its mostly been interesting, but wow, it's no wonder these things take so long to localize.

kewlmyc

Random Question regarding the "perfect ending".
Apparently you're not supposed to let on to your friends during interrogation, (and I don't think I have, but...) the way the interrogations take place and the way the conversation goes on I honestly have no idea whether I've snitched on anyone or not. Are they talking about those interrogation scenes spread out during the game? Or is there a more final "are you going to snitch on your friends" type scene?

I'm 70ish hours into the game, and was just told this by a friend, but it's a bit unclear. Wondering if I've been making the wrong conversation choices the entire time...

No,it'll be blatantly obvious when it's time to make your choice.
Sae will list off all the names of the phantom thieves in a row, and ask you to confirm if it's them or not for your own freedom.
The route to the "true end" is way more obvious in this game than it was in P4.

The God

Anybody got tips for the end of the 5th Palace? I'm doing fine with weakness exploitation but keep dying to the self destruction orders. I don't have enough time to guard and heal afterwards. Playing on hard btw.

You shouldn't worry about it. The moments that determine your ending are singular; they don't take place throughout the whole game. The game makes it transparent when you're engaging in a situation that will determine your ending.

So it'd be the latter in your spoiler. It's not that nebulous; most people would naturally go through the correct path through the context of that scene.
The game makes it painfully clear what direction to go in and what choices lead towards the true end when you get to that section of the game.
No,it'll be blatantly obvious when it's time to make your choice.
Sae will list off all the names of the phantom thieves in a row, and ask you to confirm if it's them or not for your own freedom.
The route to the "true end" is way more obvious in this game than it was in P4.

Oh thank goodness. Thanks for the fast response everyone.

LiK

I just had a fusion accident... are they supposed to be good/bad? Rare?

Edit: i got white rider instead of unicorn. Can he only be gotten through accidents?

Happened to me once last night. Knew something was up when I couldn't skip the cutscene. It happens in the Persona games as a goof.

Recall

So I have a question about fusing.

Is there a way to carry over or improve weakness?

For example I have a persona (Ganesha looking) who has rpl physical and gun. And str on lots of elements. What options do I have to carry those over in the fusing process?

I can strengthen him, sure. But can I pass on his bonuses to others while fusing or can I only inherit skills?

I feel like I'm missing something here to actually craft and fuse a persona in to an unstoppable demon.

For example I have a persona (Ganesha looking) who has rpl physical and gun. And str on lots of elements. What options do I have to carry those over in the fusing process?

I can strengthen him, sure. But can I pass on his bonuses to others while fusing or can I only inherit skills?

I feel like I'm missing something here to actually craft and fuse a persona in to an unstoppable demon.

You can only inherit skills. Therefore you need to fuse a long line of persona to get a lot of null or repel.

Edit: also in the original p3, you couldn't pick what transferred, it was random, can't remember p4.

Cat

Yeah, passive skills but they have to be actual skills that take up a spot. They can be like Null Physical or Resist Ice. I use them a lot. You can get them from personas that already have them or use lockdown/isolation. For instance, I put Decarabia in because it's weak to Physical attacks and after about 3 attempts, possibly when it was isolation (stronger version of lockdown), it got the skill. You can't save/reset it though, FYI. I used the same method to get Null Bless on Succubus.

I prefer to use Drain than Null/Repel but those don't show up until very late game so I'm using more Drain skills in my NG+ run.

h0tp0ck3t

Mid July/Palace Spoilers

I'm feeling the full rage of the OT title right now. It's seriously been like 8 fucking days since I've been allowed to do ANYTHING. Oh boy finally Futabas palace this gonna be good. Nope in and out and back to sleep. I'm guessing since I have a month till the Medjed attack it's gonna be alot of this isn't it?

kewlmyc

You can only inherit skills. Therefore you need to fuse a long line of persona to get a lot of null or repel.

Edit: also in the original p3, you couldn't pick what transferred, it was random, can't remember p4.

Random in P4, but not random in P4G.

Quick question. Can you use Strengthen Persona on a level 99 persona? Also, can Black Viper be inherited? Also, is it better than Megidolaon? Keep hearing contradicting answers.

muteki

Mid July/Palace Spoilers

I'm feeling the full rage of the OT title right now. It's seriously been like 8 fucking days since I've been allowed to do ANYTHING. Oh boy finally Futabas palace this gonna be good. Nope in and out and back to sleep. I'm guessing since I have a month till the Medjed attack it's gonna be alot of this isn't it?

I did the palace in as little time as possible and had ~25 days left to do whatever until the next bit of story.

Hazmat

I just had a fusion accident... are they supposed to be good/bad? Rare?

Edit: i got white rider instead of unicorn. Can he only be gotten through accidents?

White Rider can be fused normally, there's nothing special about it. Nothing is exclusive to fusion accidents, that would make it nearly impossible to complete the compendium. I've played P3FES, P3P, P4, P4G, and about 2/3 of P5 and never gotten a fusion accident.

Cat

Quick question. Can you use Strengthen Persona on a level 99 persona? Also, can Black Viper be inherited? Also, is it better than Megidolaon? Keep hearing contradicting answers.

For a level 99 persona, you can't strengthen your stats but you can still use the option to inherit a skill. I tested it out on 99 Satanael with a low level persona.

Lunar15

Mid July/Palace Spoilers

This section gives you a ton of time to do the dungeon. It feels longer than any other one in the game, even if I'm not certain that's true.

why are we talking about re releases and not about DLC?

I mean, unless this comes to switch I ain't rebuying

Because that's what Persona does. We get the original title - which gets DLC nowadays - then we get the remastered version a few years later with additional content. For Example:

Persona 3 Released in 2006 -> Persona 3 FES Released in 2007 with an additional chapter included -> Persona 3 Portable Released in 2010 on PSP with a Female Protagonist.

Persona 4 Released in 2008 -> Persona 4 Golden Released in 2012 on PS Vita with an additional character & added months/events.

If we look a step further at Persona 5, the only real handheld it can release a remaster on right now is the Nintendo Switch.

Because that's what Persona does. We get the original title - that title gets DLC nowadays - then we get the remastered version a few years later with additional content. For Example:

Persona 3 Released in 2006 -> Persona 3 FES Released in 2007 with an additional chapter included -> Persona 3 Portable Released in 2010 on PSP with a Female Protagonist.

Persona 4 Released in 2008 -> Persona 4 Golden Released in 2012 on PS Vita.

If we look a step further at Persona 5, the only real handheld it can release a remaster on right now is the Nintendo Switch.
Persona 3 Fes originally launched on PS2, like the original P3, right? What makes you so sure that the next will go on a different platform?

Persona 3 Fes originally launched on PS2, like the original P3, right? What makes you so sure that the next will go on a different platform?

That's possible, true. I just think that the mix of genres that is Persona works really well on handhelds.

It seems they think that too, because Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden were released on PSP/Vita rather than PS3.

Guess Who

Banned
I'm not saying I don't think there will be a Switch port, but there would be almost no reason for any additional content or gameplay adjustments made for such a version not to come as DLC and a patch for the PS3/4 versions of the game.

Purely anecdotal proof, but in my experience thus far black viper is better than megidolan but morning star is better than both.
This may vary based on my stats and level, but it seems like morning star does quite a bit more damage than either.

Also yes - black viper can be inherited but I didn't replace morning star with it.

I'm not saying I don't think there will be a Switch port, but there would be almost no reason for any additional content or gameplay adjustments made for such a version not to come as DLC and a patch for the PS3/4 versions of the game.

Well, we've got both history and their recent poll to go on that says they'll keep doing separate releases.

Q53: Please select all that applies for proposed Persona series titles below.

The games are the following:

• ”Persona 2: Innocent Sin / Eternal Punishment" HD console remake
  • Completely new ”Persona 6"
  • ”Persona 5" dance game (sound action)
  • New Persona fighting game for ”Persona 5"
  • ”Persona 3" HD console remake
  • ”Persona 1" HD console remake
  • ”Persona" series board game
  • ”Persona" series online game
  • ”Persona" series shooting game
  • ”Persona 5" with added scenarios and new elements
  • Continuation of ”Persona Q" and remake to other platforms
  • ”Persona 3" dance game (sound action)

Lingitiz

Anything is possible with Atlus.

That's possible, true. I just think that the mix of genres that is Persona works really well on handhelds.

It seems they think that too, because Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden were released on PSP/Vita rather than PS3.
Right, there is definitely a precedent. But would they not release an updated version for two platforms? Especially since P5 was a success for them
While I'm inclined to agree, isn't there much more money in a rerelease?
Have you not been in any thread since March 3rd?
What is this supposed to mean?

Right, there is definitely a precedent. But would they not release an updated version for two platforms? Especially since P5 was a success for them

They may try that - release the handheld version for Switch and offer DLC for the PS4 version, I mean.

But I feel it's more likely that they'll focus on a handheld version of P5 rather than spread resources thin doing both.

Ferrio

Banned
Had my first rage quit last night after 85 hours. Last enemy on the floor, charge->aoe->crit on MC. In hindsight it was totally avoidable, tons of different things I could have done but I was too lazy/tired/overconfident. Not really upset at the game, but for me thinking the game was done being hard.

Dee Dee

Had my first rage quit last night after 85 hours. Last enemy on the floor, charge->aoe->crit on MC. In hindsight it was totally avoidable, tons of different things I could have done but I was too lazy/tired/overconfident. Not really upset at the game, but for me thinking the game was done being hard.

The worst is when you attack a shadow, go back to dungeon view, a second one spawns within your range, angers, you panic with the controls, get ambushed, and then wiped with the first few attacks.

The panic and control fiddling being part of crawling the stupid dungeon since 6 hours and your last safe room being about 90min back.

Good times

(not really good times)

daveo42

Banned
The worst is when you attack a shadow, go back to dungeon view, a second one spawns within your range, angers, you panic with the controls, get ambushed, and then wiped with the first few attacks.

The panic and control fiddling being part of crawling the stupid dungeon since 6 hours and your last safe room being about 90min back.

Good times

(not really good times)

It's even worse on calling card days since they seem to stack spawns on top of each other due to the increase in security level.

FES was a fairly different beast though. It was a polished version of P3 after Persona 3 was unexpectedly successful. And going by the usual time frame for portable remakes the PS3 will have ceased to be a concern at all by the time its out. The PS5 will probably be looking.

Seems I'm stuck in that post-Persona blues again.

I have some games I can play (Overwatch) and a few I can replay (P3P/P4G/P5/NieR: Automata) but can't decide on what to do now.

... At least I've got the soundtrack.

kewlmyc

Purely anecdotal proof, but in my experience thus far black viper is better than megidolan but morning star is better than both.
This may vary based on my stats and level, but it seems like morning star does quite a bit more damage than either.

Also yes - black viper can be inherited but I didn't replace morning star with it.

Thanks. Trying to make the ultimate Thanatos Picaro so Morning Star isn't available.

FES was a fairly different beast though. It was a polished version of P3 after Persona 3 was unexpectedly successful. And going by the usual time frame for portable remakes the PS3 will have ceased to be a concern at all by the time its out. The PS5 will probably be looking.
So Switch only?
Thank you!
Make sure you don't do it then if you want to win. You'll get bodied during it. I did it at level 95 and it was a good fight. You could probably do it at 70 though.

duckroll

I think I beat the game. 111 hours. Finally got a fucking save prompt. Way too tired to continue. Will see the rest of the ending tomorrow after I watch Prometheus 2.

Top Bottom