• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

LiK

Sweet, books and video games trophy get. Glad I'm done with that. Also finished all optional Confidants. Now to just get Baton and finish the rest of the dungeons to get the rest.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
If I successfully negotiate with a persona, but don't have an open slot, so I end dropping said persona... Would they be automatically added to the compendium?

duckroll

If I successfully negotiate with a persona, but don't have an open slot, so I end dropping said persona... Would they be automatically added to the compendium?

I think if you drop the new Persona it doesn't get added. The reason seems to be that Persona are automatically registered the first time they enter your stock, but if it doesn't enter your stock at all it doesn't count.

Zaverious

On what I assume is the final dungeon. Glad I read on here to max out Futaba as soon as possible. She saved my ass so many times. Probably not gonna mess with Haru confidant until NG+. I'll now better not to mess with Sojiro's until mid game. What a waste of time lol.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I think if you drop the new Persona it doesn't get added. The reason seems to be that Persona are automatically registered the first time they enter your stock, but if it doesn't enter your stock at all it doesn't count.
Ah. Not the answer I was hoping for, but it makes sense. Thanks!

Time to begrudgingly recruit trash persona.

Guess Who

Banned
Now that's just a flat out lie.

AK33L3h.gif

look what you made me do

I don't think there's any particular Confidant who -needs- multiple readings. It entirely depends on how many points you rack up on their events in general. If you always have a matching Persona in stock and give all the best answers, you probably won't ever need more than one Affinity Reading to progress in rank. If you have a few dud events in a row and got lazy with having matching Persona when doing them, it could create a minor roadblock later on where you might need more readings to progress. But honestly, I think it's worth just saying fuck it and doing non-rank-up hang outs later in the game, because if you invite them to nice places you can get gifts to place in your room!

Iwai and Hifumi have huge gaps between completeing their mission and the one after (like 3 readings each).

Sojiro can be slow too but that's usually pre-Fortune anyway.

I can't think of anyone else who's so slow.

kewlmyc

Reaper trick isn't as reliable as I thought. Doesn't seem to have him or most personas in despair mode over half the time.

It's to the point where I'm just fighting him regardless of if he's in despair mode or not.

daveo42

Banned
Iwai and Hifumi have huge gaps between completeing their mission and the one after (like 3 readings each).

Sojiro can be slow too but that's usually pre-Fortune anyway.

I can't think of anyone else who's so slow.

It mostly comes from ranks having a lack of "meaningful responses" that net points towards their next rank up and there are quite a few that require more than one reading between levels. Iwai and Shinya had at least 1 section like this, while I remember needing multiple readings for Ohya and Hifumi, though Ohya might have been from choosing the wrong choice on an early rank.

Sojiro doesn't count because
early game you basically have to gain his trust and need to spend a lot of time with him to prove you aren't the piece of shit he thinks you are

bunkitz

12/13, I think. Pretty sure I won't be able to max everyone out... (hell, I still haven't maxed Ann and Yusuke out, and Futaba and Haru are 6/5 respectively) Nor even my Guts. Fucking thing just won't go up. Been 4 for so long, and I've read books, watched DVDs, a movie, and still nothing. Ugh. Should I bother with guts or just do it in my New Game Plus?

Reaper trick isn't as reliable as I thought. Doesn't seem to have him or most personas in despair mode over half the time.

It's to the point where I'm just fighting him regardless of if he's in despair mode or not.

How's your star confidant?
one of the abilities there lets you escape every time, so you just keep escaping and reentering the battle until he has despair

Zolo

12/13, I think. Pretty sure I won't be able to max everyone out... (hell, I still haven't maxed Ann and Yusuke out, and Futaba and Haru are 6/5 respectively) Nor even my Guts. Fucking thing just won't go up. Been 4 for so long, and I've read books, watched DVDs, a movie, and still nothing. Ugh. Should I bother with guts or just do it in my New Game Plus?

I'd just do it in new game plus. You'll have plenty of time then to level it up before it's needed.

Its like 20% but you'll get more XP from one reaper than pretty much any other 10 encouters so it's well worth it.

Also he dropped divine pillar for me on the 2nd fight. He really likes me.

Recall

In regards to the final dungeon.

Now I feel like an idiot for not running through all of Momentos before hand. How many floors are there in total?

Freeman76

Super awesome game! Except that cat always want you to go to bed...

Yeah this ruined my enjoyment too much during chapter 3, think I will ebay this and maybe pick it up in a PSN sale when its much cheaper. Very stylish apart from that one annoying mechanic.

Zesh

Managed to beat the NG+ boss on hard with level 70 personas by leveling my party up to 75. I think getting Agnestraya for Ryuji and Fire Amp for Ann made the difference; they allowed me to keep up with the damage requirement. Glad to have beaten it without Yoshitsune/other OP personas now.

Xenoflare

A dungeon question

Is Shido's palace like Adachi's dungeon in P4 where it time skips if you complete it before the final day? Or it's like any other dungeon where I can do whatever I want after the shadow boss fight?

Top Bottom