• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

duckroll

Can someone explain affinity reading and how it works exactly?

You pay 5000yen to get immediate free points put into that Confidant (I think about 2?). You can do this once a day. So let's say you need 4 points to get to the next rank up. Instead of spending a day hanging out with that person and not ranking up, you can do an Affinity Reading today and go hang out with someone else who is going to rank up. Then tomorrow you do another Affinity Reading and you can immediately rank that person up after that.

muteki

Can someone explain affinity reading and how it works exactly?

If you are checking the map for your available confidants and you see one listed but it doesn't say "Up!!", visit Chihaya for affinity reading, give her 5k, and she will make whatever confidant be ready to rank up. Can do once per day.

duckroll

If you are checking the map for your available confidants and you see one listed but it doesn't say "Up!!", visit Chihaya for affinity reading, give her 5k, and she will make whatever confidant be ready to rank up. Can do once per day.

It's not immediate. It just seems that way sometimes because people are usually only lacking a point or two from ranking up, especially at lower ranks. There are times where you might need multiple Affinity Readings before it can rank up.

What do you do about the enemy in Palace 5 that keeps casting magic reflect every turn that also reflects gun and physical damage? Is there any way out of this other than running?

muteki

It's not immediate. It just seems that way sometimes because people are usually only lacking a point or two from ranking up, especially at lower ranks. There are times where you might need multiple Affinity Readings before it can rank up.
Oh, I haven't yet had a case where it didn't go up immediately, interesting.

daveo42

Banned
Oh, I haven't yet had a case where it didn't go up immediately, interesting.

Ohya seems to be one that takes a few readings to rank up. Actually, most of the females require it at least once, most to necessitate gifts and make romance options seem less out of the blue.

duckroll

Ohya seems to be one that takes a few readings to rank up. Actually, most of the females require it at least once, most to necessitate gifts and make romance options seem less out of the blue.

I don't think there's any particular Confidant who -needs- multiple readings. It entirely depends on how many points you rack up on their events in general. If you always have a matching Persona in stock and give all the best answers, you probably won't ever need more than one Affinity Reading to progress in rank. If you have a few dud events in a row and got lazy with having matching Persona when doing them, it could create a minor roadblock later on where you might need more readings to progress. But honestly, I think it's worth just saying fuck it and doing non-rank-up hang outs later in the game, because if you invite them to nice places you can get gifts to place in your room!

gun_haver

I don't think there's any particular Confidant who -needs- multiple readings. It entirely depends on how many points you rack up on their events in general. If you always have a matching Persona in stock and give all the best answers, you probably won't ever need more than one Affinity Reading to progress in rank. If you have a few dud events in a row and got lazy with having matching Persona when doing them, it could create a minor roadblock later on where you might need more readings to progress. But honestly, I think it's worth just saying fuck it and doing non-rank-up hang outs later in the game, because if you invite them to nice places you can get gifts to place in your room!

There also isn't really anything else to do by the time you get to the later game. When you are at rank 4 or 5 with all the social stats, 90% of the activities become pointless, so you might as well just spend the days hanging out. I was doing it was people I had maxed to see what extra bits they had, and not even reloading to save the time.

nah, Iwai took me 3 once, and I answered everything for max possible points while carrying the correct persona.

Beatrix

About to start Persona 5. Never played a Persona game before, I have watched Let's Plays of Persona 3 and 4 and enjoyed them. Should I know anything before diving into this?

Lunar15

Endgame question concering persona fusion:

I'm at the very end of mementos depths and I want to fuse a Black Frost. My fool rank is only at 9, though, tied to story. Is it possible for me to get fool rank 10 before fighting the final boss?

duckroll

Endgame question concering persona fusion:

I'm at the very end of mementos depths and I want to fuse a Black Frost. My fool rank is only at 9, though, tied to story. Is it possible for me to get fool rank 10 before fighting the final boss?

Yes.

But that doesn't give you the Persona you think it does.

JBwB

About to start Persona 5. Never played a Persona game before, I have watched Let's Plays of Persona 3 and 4 and enjoyed them. Should I know anything before diving into this?

Not really. The game does a good job at explaining all the basics.

Enjoy!

I went in blind and was relatively good. If you want to get a lot of stuff in one playthrough, you should use a guide. Also prepare yourself for a long journey; it will take quite a awhile to complete.

Do Palaces in as few days as possible if you can and buy SP beverages from vending machines when available. (You can craft SP items through certain confidants later too.)

As for Conifdants, Star, Temperance, Sun, Tower, Strength, Hierophant, and Death are all super useful so don't ignore them.

That's about it.

vypek

Finished the strength confidant and started the second to last palace. My level is still a little high for the start of the dungeon cause I am still getting masks just for ambush.

Opa-Pa

Trying to do reaper
in flu season.
How often does he show up with despair? Does anything influence it.

There's no confirmation that it works, but I got him without despair like 7 times in a row, until I made a Black Ooze with a skill that raises ailment susceptibility on rainy days and I got him despaired first try after that (obviously it was raining that day).

There's no confirmation that it works, but I got him without despair like 7 times in a row, until I made a Black Ooze with a skill that raises ailment susceptibility on rainy days and I got him despaired first try after that (obviously it was raining that day).

Yea I haven't seen him once I don't think. Do some demons get despair and not attack but some get despair and still attack?

Opa-Pa

I'm pretty sure they cannot ever attack if they're despaired. Also if you've never seen a demon be affected by stuff like flu season or heat waves, you'll get the tutorial screen as soon as the battle starts with him despaired.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ryuji "We're intellectuals y'kno" Sakamoto

I love Ryuji lol, he easily got the best lines in the game.

Kindekuma

Banned
Should I get as far as I can to the bottom of Mementos now, before I send the calling card? Or after. Seventh palace by the way.

I've got 16 days left too.

Late December spoiler
about how many hours remaining if I am about to take shido's treasure? I saved on the ship on that day.

Depends on how many days are left before the deadline, but past that 7-12 hours.

Should I get as far as I can to the bottom of Mementos now, before I send the calling card? Or after. Seventh palace by the way.

I've got 16 days left too.

I suggest just getting it done and focusing cleaning up confidants and stats afterwards.

JBwB

its the second to last day before the deadline
guess I will finish the game another day. Also what carries over to ng+?

Money, Social stats, Items, Equipment, Persona Compendium etc.

You also retain all the perks you've gained from the confidants that you've maxed.

Persona 5 |OT3| Don't Fear the Reaper (during flu season)
Persona 5 |OT3| Mishima is a good boy
Persona 5 |OT3| Shivers from the Dessert
Persona 5 |OT3| [DELETED BY ADMIN]

Top Bottom