• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Recall

A dungeon question

Is Shido's palace like Adachi's dungeon in P4 where it time skips if you complete it before the final day? Or it's like any other dungeon where I can do whatever I want after the shadow boss fight?

No time skips.

1 day for the Palace
1 day to send calling card and fight boss.

Ferrio

Banned
Ready to send calling card for december palace. Got through it in one day, first time I really had to bust out the SP items.

Overall I thought it was a lackluster dungeon. The mice puzzle was inoffensive, but not very interesting. The dungeon itself was just a lot of cut and paste of the same room, and most of the boss fights weren't anything special. I'm hoping the treasure boss makes up for it.

Hit 93 thanks to the Reaper. Gave me a bit of time to think about
if Despair hitting the Reaper on Flu Days
is intentional. The Reaper is literally a manifestation of the human fear of the inevitable end in the collective unconsciousness it seems weird it can
succumb to despair over a flu
. But then again having a bad
flu
can make people
wish they were dead which would really take the steam out of a manifestation of the dread of death

Ready to send calling card for december palace. Got through it in one day, first time I really had to bust out the SP items.

Overall I thought it was a lackluster dungeon. The mice puzzle was inoffensive, but not very interesting. The dungeon itself was just a lot of cut and paste of the same room, and most of the boss fights weren't anything special. I'm hoping the treasure boss makes up for it.

Boy are you in luck. The boss is pretty great in every possible way.

I found that puzzle okay because it's one of the few sections where you're genuinely likely to be afraid of getting spotted and fairly likely to get spotted too. But it certainly outstayed it's welcome. It got to a point I could see it coming by the floor layout.

I just finished the second palace....
The boss Madarame was a pushover when I reverted my saved for healing items
. Can't wait to see what happens next. I'm hooked. Palaces can be super frustrating though! I got killed at least 4 times in the second one alone cause of shadows bum rushing me XD.

It might just be me. But it feels like I miss so many physical moves in Persona 5, especially with MC. Maybe it's my rotten luck.

Physical moves have variable accuracy I think. The high multi-hit target all moves in particular seem to have absolutely dreadful accuracy. It also depends on your Persona, AGI effects your hit and dodge rates.

Physical moves have variable accuracy I think. The high multi-hit target all moves in particular seem to have absolutely dreadful accuracy. It also depends on your Persona, AGI effects your hit and dodge rates.

Now when I think about it, yeah the multi-hit moves seems to have pretty low accuracy.

bunkitz

So what are the chances that ATLUS will fix Ryuji's
insta-kill
move? It's annoying as fuck, especially when I was halfway through Palace 7 and I couldn't ambush anyone.

AK33L3h.gif

look what you made me do

#justiceforryuji

I would romance him, without ever hesitating. I would question that colourful underwear tho

RalchAC

I do it vs bosses(currently blasting my way through NG+), a bit annoying to do it against every enemy!

Normal enemies don't really need that much damage though. But killing the second Palace boss with both Ryuji and the MC using a multhit attack was quite easy.

Kazzy

Nope. This isn't like P4 orig where the enemy AI was better on Hard (and used some clever moves it didn't on easier difficulties) or anything and there's no story or yen / XP benefit.

So like P3? Where I just felt like the difficulty was exactly the same, but they made things like compendium costs prohibitively expensive.

I'm enjoying the game more now than the beginning 30 hours (I'm about 60 hours in). I think some of the later characters are much more interesting, fun and bring some nice banter to the group.

I'll probably get dragged for this but it kinda reminds me of FF13 how long and tedious the tutorial section is in this game lol. Also I hate Ryuji as much as I hate Snow (which is a lot). And too much dialogue about concepts which we've heard hundreds of times. Probably my only critiques of the game! (minus bits of homophobia and sexism nn).

I'm enjoying the game more now than the beginning 30 hours (I'm about 60 hours in). I think some of the later characters are much more interesting, fun and bring some nice banter to the group.

I'll probably get dragged for this but it kinda reminds me of FF13 how long and tedious the tutorial section is in this game lol. Also I hate Ryuji as much as I hate Snow (which is a lot). And too much dialogue about concepts which we've heard hundreds of times. Probably my only critiques of the game! (minus bits of homophobia and sexism nn).

Definitely. Ryuji and Ann have no chemistry and virtually only address each other to bitch against one another, not to mention Morgana being a complete ass to Ryuji 90% of the time, so the beginning of the game is essentially bickering.

sucks that there is so little time to use the cool looking endgame persona, so much work went into them. i hope there is another opportunity in the next nocturne.

Damn, I wish I had more time. Currently investigating leads to gain access to Palace 3.
Have enough guts to use the maid service now, I love how awkward it is.

LiK

Damn, the
accessory
you get for beating the NG+ optional boss is so OP. But I love being
invincible to everything except Almighty. Put it on my MC and I don't need to worry about switching Personas against insta-kill magic anymore.

NEO0MJ

So, is there a point to hanging out with someone if Joker thinks "I don't think my bond with ???? will deepen just yet"? Before I thought that was the result of messing up answers in a previous date so you had to waste more afternoons to fix the relationship but I nee confirmation.

LiK

So, is there a point to hanging out with someone if Joker thinks "I don't think my bond with ???? will deepen just yet"? Before I thought that was the result of messing up answers in a previous date so you had to waste more afternoons to fix the relationship but I nee confirmation.

You get bonding points to push them up to getting to another rank next time.

Most of the time it'll allow you to progress that person's confidant the next time you hang out with them.

NEO0MJ

OK, got it. So frustrating, though...

Also, I burned all my money on the cinema and baths, lol. Guess I'll have to do part time work now.
Also another thing I need confirmed. Treasure is only good to be sold, right? We won't need them to craft anything later?

Also, I burned all my money on the cinema and baths, lol. Guess I'll have to do part time work now.
Also another thing I need confirmed. Treasure is only good to be sold, right? We won't need them to craft anything later?

Sell it all.

LiK

Yup, sell all Treasure. It's just for money.

Zesh

you know for how much we were complaining about wassup persona back before release ryuuji's va really sells that line

Huh, didn't know that people complained about that; I didn't follow much of the pre-release stuff. The delivery of Ryuji's battle lines in general is the best by far. That (along with the fact that he's one of the most powerful party members) made him a mainstay in my party.

Jintor

Huh, didn't know that people complained about that; I didn't follow much of the pre-release stuff. The delivery of Ryuji's battle lines in general is the best by far. That (along with the fact that he's one of the most powerful party members) made him a mainstay in my party.

as a subtitle it looked like garbage especially when the shit localisation narrative was in full swing. ryuuji's va really sells it tho

Recall

So the game is over. Credits have rolled. I now feel empty.

Palace 5 was the only part of the game that felt like a real chore but I loved everything else. I have zero issues with localisation, I don't get the issues but each to their own.

It was an incredible experience and something I'll never forget, it was my first ever Persona game. I bought it on release and have finished today. 5 weeks of solid playing while fitting in work and responsibilities around it.

It's my game of the year. This is my memory, this was all for me. Loved it.

Bye thread, bye fellow Phantom Thieves. Now go to sleep!

ffvorax

I had to stop playing for a bit so still on Palace of
Makoto sister, the prosecutor... damn I have always problems with names... lol

But I managed to finish it and now I just have to send the calling card
but actually they said I have to wait until the last days....

So I'm trying to up some confidant, I probably won't be able to finish them all for a couple of days probably.... :(

That said I got my first playable confidant at lv10 and got the
new persona,
Ann is the one! The new form looks badass! :O

Going to concentrate to get more of my party companion at lv10... :p

Also FYI make sure you have a Persona of the same arcana as the confidant as it nets you 3x instead of 2x points, for both bot non and rank up events.

Also anyone else think the pacing of October could've been condensed into like one week? They take way too long to stretch the plot out which really doesn't add much IMO resulting in your free time after school being unusable.

I don't remember October being that bad. Earlier in the game I was getting frustrated with do-nothing days but by October I was seeing how quickly my skills and confidants were progressing. So I didn't mind going on a plot drive for a bit. By the end of the game I was scrounging for things to do, especially at night. Iwai wound up being the only night confidant I didn't max. Day-wise I think I just had Yusuke and Tower kid left.

JudgeN

So the game is over. Credits have rolled. I now feel empty.

Palace 5 was the only part of the game that felt like a real chore but I loved everything else. I have zero issues with localisation, I don't get the issues but each to their own.

It was an incredible experience and something I'll never forget, it was my first ever Persona game. I bought it on release and have finished today. 5 weeks of solid playing while fitting in work and responsibilities around it.

It's my game of the year. This is my memory, this was all for me. Loved it.

Bye thread, bye fellow Phantom Thieves. Now go to sleep!

So true, i got this same feeling from both persona 4 and 5 which I just finished it as well and now i'm going to play persona 3 because i love these games so much.

Zafir

I don't remember October being that bad. Earlier in the game I was getting frustrated with do-nothing days but by October I was seeing how quickly my skills and confidants were progressing. So I didn't mind going on a plot drive for a bit. By the end of the game I was scrounging for things to do, especially at night. Iwai wound up being the only night confidant I didn't max. Day-wise I think I just had Yusuke and Tower kid left.

I think it's just because there's loads of story stuff around that part. (September/October spoilers)
You have all the scenes helping Futaba, then you have the trip to Hawaii, then you have Morgana's existential crisis and Haru joining.
Combine that with the way Persona 5 deals with story sections, wherein they don't even let you have evenings or anything to break it up, I could see people being a tad annoyed at it all.

Honestly I'm like you in that I find the early months more annoying, where you're entirely limited in what you can do.

Top Bottom