• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Corginand

I'm at 12/6 right now but haven't gotten the last Mementos request which apparently unlocks on 12/3. I saw no message from Mishima, is there anything else that needs to be done to get it? All the previous requests? I have another one ID'd right now.

I can't believe I'm close to beating this game I started playing just one day after it released, over a month ago. Great game, I've really enjoyed it so far and can't wait for Persona 6
in another 9 years
. Ok but seriously, I wonder what sort of spin-offs will eventually come out...

theecakee

Am I missing out on much but just not doing momentos? I find it all just kind of boring, I just want to see my confidants story lines and progress the main story.

Zafir

??? Lol huh...? How do I meet this person? Then again... don't tell me.... wait.... I've beaten Palace 4. Should I have met this confidant by now?

I don't think you've missed them, no, unlocks really late.

Just make sure to do a mementos mission about a cheater...

FHIZ

Doing the optional boss fight. Health is real low on both. Ann concentrate + Blazing Hell and one just BARELY survives and revives the other with half health. MY GOD, I'm so mad right now hahaha.

Opa-Pa

Mementos is mandatory for both the main story AND for completing confidants, so the more you neglect it, the more floors you'll have to clear in one go sooner or later.

Just beat NG+ today and Platinum'd the game. It's my first Platinum Trophy too! The final boss was a cakewalk with
Satanael
that has debilitate, and a level 98 Yoshitsune. I found the Secret Boss to be a lot harder though, even at level 95 on normal my Yoshitsune got his ass handed to him with nothing to block ranged skills.

Just beat NG+ today and Platinum'd the game. It's my first Platinum Trophy too! The final boss was a cakewalk with
Satanael
that has debilitate, and a level 98 Yoshitsune. I found the Secret Boss to be a lot harder though, even at level 95 on normal my Yoshitsune got his ass handed to him with nothing to block ranged skills.
I mean, the secret boss is gated soooo.

But welcome to the Persona platinum club.

Balphon

??? Lol huh...? How do I meet this person? Then again... don't tell me.... wait.... I've beaten Palace 4. Should I have met this confidant by now?

If you've just done Palace 4 you're right around the point where he becomes available. Shouldn't be much longer.

tQQlvb3.png

Kyuur

Finished the game at 123 hours, was on Hard. What a ride. I saw a lot of "the game gets worse towards the end" early-mid way through the game but I can say that from my perspective, that is absolutely not true. The last half of the game was easily the best. Every Palace starting with
was pure gold in terms of design. The story twists and turns were done incredibly well. The cast was infinitely better than P4.

The only reason I have to be salty was the inability to max the
Temperance
confidant for story reasons. Got to max mostly everyone else who I really wanted to, with a lot of 8-9s for those who I didn't care as much for.

libregkd

Not sure. I personally just winged it.

I have heard there are some builds out there that make him pretty much invulnerable to everything though.
See:

It's quite frankly OP as hell to the point of it not being any fun to use. Useful on NG+ if you care more about story/confidant stuff and don't want to really stress over any battles though.

SirNinja

The Futaba trophy just unlocked! I am beyond relieved. And I may have made a minor discovery about the trophy itself in the process...

[MAJOR Spoilers for November]
Remember the very first fight in the game, five minutes in? When the game caught up to the present and the event happened "again", that's when it popped. Futaba said the exact same line she said at the beginning of the game ("Comparing power levels...no threat. Get 'em, Joker!"), and bam...passionate listener at last. The means the line spoken by her when she's silhouetted in the game's prologue doesn't count towards the trophy until you catch up to the present and hear it then.

Again: minor detail, and probably already known, but it was cool to have the trophy unlock in that fashion.

Super excited about the next palace. Shit's getting real.

Ferrio

Banned
Crap crap crap

Late game spoilers

I think I'm past all the bosses that you can exploit for money. I really wanted to go crazy on fusing personas but it looks like I'm out of luck. :(

SenkiDala

Just got the plat' (and I'm not a trophy freak)! Awesome game, will probably be my GOTY. :)

REVII and P5 are my favorites this year for now.

.JayZii

Banned
Finally finished my first play through after slowly savoring it since release day. I'm not going to do any kind of series ranking, since it's still so fresh, but it's a really great game, and was worth the long wait for me. I really liked the whole cast (even Haru, who I thought I would hate when she was first introduced) with the exception of
Akechi who can eat a hot plate of shit with his dumb costumes and fakey Naoto-lite facade. I love Revolutionary Girl Utena and that white prince phantom thief costume was still too much for me. Loki looks cool in the concept art at least; I couldn't even tell what was going on with the in game model, but I think that was the idea. Redeemed a bit by the end of his storyline, but not enough for me to actually like him.
I think P5 has the best "navigator" character, at least as far as the in-battle lines. All of the improvements to the battle system and much better integration of the social links into the battle system were very well done. Of course the aesthetics and style have been praised by everyone, so suffice it to say: A+.
Oh, and the Igor fakeout was a fun twist that justified the voice change that everyone was so upset by in the beginning.

Now onto new game plus to max all my confidants without those pesky social stats getting in the way and to complete the compendium.

Hopefully Persona 6 doesn't take another decade to come out.

Finished the game at 123 hours, was on Hard. What a ride. I saw a lot of "the game gets worse towards the end" early-mid way through the game but I can say that from my perspective, that is absolutely not true. The last half of the game was easily the best. Every Palace starting with
was pure gold in terms of design. The story twists and turns were done incredibly well. The cast was infinitely better than P4.

The only reason I have to be salty was the inability to max the
Temperance
confidant for story reasons. Got to max mostly everyone else who I really wanted to, with a lot of 8-9s for those who I didn't care as much for.

You're not alone. I call BS on those claims as well. Loved the game from start to finish and when it wrapped up I just wanted it to keep on going.

gryvan

Platinum gettttttttttt

Edit: holy shit @ valentines day....noooooooooo
I did all romantic options on my NG+...already regretting so much right now

SenkiDala

Platinum gettttttttttt

Edit: holy shit @ valentines day....noooooooooo
I did all romantic options on my NG+...already regretting so much right now

Ahahah! After finishing the game I watched on YT what happens if I do what you did, and was glad I didn't. :D

I chose Makoto on my 1st run, went with Futaba on my NG+, in my NG++ in the hardest mode I'll go with Ohya I think. ^^

Qblivion

Now that I'm done with P5 I'm playing #FE and geez, after the total assault on the senses that was P5's visual and audio style #FE feels a little flat lol.

Quonny

As I near the end of the game, I am absolutely shocked how little of this game is voice acted.

Even low budget Berseria had every skit voiced over. Here, you get 20% of your confidant interactions and major events voiced.

As I near the end of the game, I am absolutely shocked how little of this game is voice acted.

Even low budget Berseria had every skit voiced over. Here, you get 20% of your confidant interactions and major events voiced.

I noticed after palace 1/2 there has been a lack of teacher voice acting. Does it stay like this? It doesn't bother me really but I'm near the end of palace 3 and I dont think I can recall any voice acting since ages for the school teachers.

Also, is there any time where the confidant hangouts are ever voiced? Just curious.

Lunar15

At exactly 101 hours, it's done.

Damn, I really enjoyed that ending. Great cast, great game. Plenty of issues to discuss, but for now I just feel like basking in the moment.

This is a real special series, and P5 upholds the legacy. Hats off, P-Studio.

I noticed after palace 1/2 there has been a lack of teacher voice acting. Does it stay like this? It doesn't bother me really but I'm near the end of palace 3 and I dont think I can recall any voice acting since ages for the school teachers.

Also, is there any time where the confidant hangouts are ever voiced? Just curious.
I'm not sure about the hangouts but I think every level 10 confidant rank is voiced. Other than that I don't think so.

Top Bottom