• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

gryvan

I'm getting to the end of my NG+ run and pretty much the only things I need to do is max out Haru's link and fill out the compendium. Boy, nights sure are boring. Now I willingly go to bed. Go figure.

Go train in the gym to get permanent max hp and sp increase!!!!

LiK

Now that I'm done with P5 I'm playing #FE and geez, after the total assault on the senses that was P5's visual and audio style #FE feels a little flat lol.

#FE is way more light-hearted but also has some stylish elements as well (nice looking menu) but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the combat and the flashy visuals there. I had way more fun with #FE's combat than P5, tbf. You just need to collect all your party members and gain their extra moves and skills. P5 combat is drab by comparison.

Rainy

Banned
#FE is way more light-hearted but also has some stylish elements as well (nice looking menu) but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the combat and the flashy visuals there. I had way more fun with #FE's combat than P5, tbf. You just need to collect all your party members and gain their extra moves and skills. P5 combat is drab by comparison.
#FE's combat was really fun. I wish they let you skip the session animations though, by the end of the game they get ridiculously long.

LiK

#FE's combat was really fun. I wish they let you skip the session animations though, by the end of the game they get ridiculously long.

I thought you could skip the Sessions. I know for a fact that you could skip the special moves and duo animations.

Watching the end credits roll on my first playthrough... Not even close to a plat run, but like many others i got the Futaba lines trophy on the final fight.

Some thoughts...
  • The game could have used some very light pruning, especially in the dungeons.
  • I seem to have gotten off easy with an only 92 hour run.
  • Haru
    is best girl, and it's disappointing she shows up so late and that so much of her feels incomplete even in slinks
  • Futaba
    should not be dated,
    YOU'RE TEARING THIS FAMILY APART!

I want to immediately replay and also stall like crazy replaying for the improved Crimson edition. Also, i kind of hope there will be a direct sequel,
they definitely left room for one.

Ultimate question is whether i go back to plat or not... Any good guides for a second playthrough plat?

cj_iwakura

Got the plat today. 175 hours total (10 hours of me leaving the PS4 on had it at 185. Not even joking about that 10 hour number...)

The "secret battle" in this game is one of the worst superboss battles I've ever experienced in jRPGs. Got it on my second try but I find it baffling how you can do it without certain very specific setups. Poor. At least it made for some interesting story tidbits.

Overall: Love this game but they could have shaved 20 hours off it. First Persona game though and I love it. Definitely want to go back and play P3 and P4 now (and eventually P1 and 2 although I've ready those are very different than P3 onwards).
Couldn't possibly be worse than 3's, Nocturne's, or DDS'...

I'm at 100hrs, on what I believe to be the last Palace
Shido's
and MAN IS THIS A DRAG. I don't remember 3 or 4 feeling like this when I got to the last stages of the game. I think in general the theme I get out of these Palaces, all of them, is that they are way too long for their own good. I appreciate the handmade design in them, but heck, it's too much for too long.

Shido's
and MAN IS THIS A DRAG. I don't remember 3 or 4 feeling like this when I got to the last stages of the game. I think in general the theme I get out of these Palaces, all of them, is that they are way too long for their own good. I appreciate the handmade design in them, but heck, it's too much for too long.

Just a heads up... You're still probably another
15 hours
out. You've got
--2--
more dungeons.

Zafir

Shido's

Trust me, I think Palace 7 drags too much for its own good,
the rat corridors
were just way over used. However, even then, it's still 100x better than anything 3 or 4 offered.

Especially 3.
Hello 2/3 whole sections of Tartarus + whatever you didn't already do of Tartarus before.
Love Persona 3 but, man the final chunk of the game blows because of that.

Just a heads up... You're still probably another
15 hours
out. You've got
--2--
more dungeons.

Omfg. Stop this LMFAO.

Trust me, I think Palace 7 drags too much for its own good,
the rat corridors
were just way over used. However, even then, it's still 100x better than anything 3 or 4 offered.

Especially 3.
Hello 2/3 whole sections of Tartarus + whatever you didn't already do of Tartarus before.
Love Persona 3 but, man the final chunk of the game blows because of that.

Yeah those goddamn things were cute the first couple of times but after it happened 2, 3, 4 times I was like... Jesus. I'm not even done, wouldn't be surprised if I got more on the way. After all, I just found the
IT guy
now...

As for the P3 opinion, to me, because the whole game was basically the same from start to finish, the mind numbing nature of clearing floors I think got muddled around halfway through. I knew what to expect every time I set foot on Tartarus. There were no damn
rat labyrinths
everywhere, know what I mean?

Zafir

Omfg. Stop this LMFAO.

Yeah those goddamn things were cute the first couple of times but after it happened 2, 3, 4 times I was like... Jesus. I'm not even done, wouldn't be surprised if I got more on the way. After all, I just found the
IT guy
now...

As for the P3 opinion, to me, because the whole game was basically the same from start to finish, the mind numbing nature of clearing floors I think got muddled around halfway through. I knew what to expect every time I set foot on Tartarus. There were no damn
rat labyrinths
everywhere, know what I mean?

Nah, you're basically done with Palace 7 if
you've gotten to the IT guy
. :p

I dunno, I guess I never got used to Tartarus. I kind of just put up with it for everything else, like the boss battles, the characters, and the story. Kind of expected more effort to be put into the final stretch, like how more effort was put into the full moons.

Nah, you're basically done with Palace 7 if
you've gotten to the IT guy
. :p

I dunno, I guess I never got used to Tartarus. I kind of just put up with it for everything else, like the boss battles, the characters, and the story. Kind of expected more effort to be put into the final stretch, like how more effort was put into the full moons.
Thank goodness. Apparently I still have more to go though D:

I still put Persona 3 as my favourite Persona package. The plot, the characters, it all worked for me. Persona 5 is infinitely better in terms of QoL additions to the loop, but at the end of the day the game is still that: a loop. Find bad guy, beat the palace, have a change of heart, rinse, repeat. The story itself isn't particularly amazing in my opinion, and some of these Confidants just don't cut it for me. For instance, Makoto's which is my favourite girl in the game, is just poor. And it's not just hers, although there are some great character arcs here like Ryuji's, there are some really bad ones too. The Palaces length is another issue that I mentioned having with this title. Don't get me wrong I still very much like this game, and overall enjoy these characters and mood a lot more than P4 that was too Scooby Doo-ish for me, but Persona 3 is still king, even with the mind numbing Tartarus and all.

FHIZ

Final finished and moving on to NG+. How long should NG+ take?

I mean, I put it on a lower difficulty and skipped pretty much all the cut scenes that I hadn't seen before (while watching the confidant scenes I hadn't). I finished my first run around 103 hours, and I'm at 151 in NG+ towards the end of Palace 7. I also spent a couple of those hours farming mementos bosses for cash, farming the Reaper, and fusing Persona to fill out the compendium.

Jake2by4

About half the time of your first playthrough if you power through it with OP Personas that can near one shot the first 3 bosses.

cool I made a level 99
Lucifer
. So that should be good.

I mean, I put it on a lower difficulty and skipped pretty much all the cut scenes that I hadn't seen before (while watching the confidant scenes I hadn't). I finished my first run around 103 hours, and I'm at 151 in NG+ towards the end of Palace 7. I also spent a couple of those hours farming mementos bosses for cash, farming the Reaper, and fusing Persona to fill out the compendium.

My compendium is at 97%. Seem like i'm missing a couple because I couldn't max three confidents before the end of the game.

Rainy

Banned
September spoilers

Who did you guys choose to go to the beach with? I went with Ann, it was cute. I was in a relationship with her already though, I guess that makes some difference.

LiK

Can you guys imagine the amount of optional dialogue in this game. There are so many hangout possibilities. I look forward to someone just compiling them all in a video.

ckohler

September spoilers

Who did you guys choose to go to the beach with? I went with Ann, it was cute. I was in a relationship with her already though, I guess that makes some difference.

Your choices depend on your confidant ranks at the time.
For example, my only options were Makoto and Ryuji so I went with Makoto.

Lunar15

You know who the true villains of this game are?

Epilogue spoilers:
Joker's parents. Kid goes to Juvie and we don't hear from them at all?

Also, best YouTube comment, regarding the final boss:

"I want a mod that gives Satanael the hat that says 'GET SMOKED'.

I'm in the third palace and still don't have access to the gym.
What's the requirement?

I like how
Makoto
developed in the build up to this palace.

FHIZ

Ejd6b5Y.jpg

BIZARRO!

Kindekuma

Banned
How the hell do I get the hostage situation trophy?

I got the trophy in the fifth palace
during the airlock
puzzle sequence. I had Yusuke on my team and one shadow managed to exploit his weakness and take him hostage. Never happened since then after that.

Menitta

Question for past 12/23:

The remaining days til arrest says "Few" and I want to spend Christmas with someone. How many days does "few" actually mean?

Ooh, yeah. Loving this Devil Fruit/Odd Morsel exploit trick. Or "Money exploit" as it's apparently known.

Getting 55-60k per turn when the bosses actually bother to hand out money. Might consider spending a bit more time boosting my luck to see if I can get a significant increase on my next trip to Mementos.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'll put a spoiler on this, but I doubt anybody this early in the game will be checking this thread.

The game really doesn't make enough of the fact that Kamoshida
BROKE RYUJI'S FUCKING LEG

It gets one line of dialogue in a conversation between the two of them,
and he rubs his knee/falls over when fleeing his palace.

Given that his whole social link is about the track team, not one of them comments that it was messed up when their coach BROKE HIS FUCKING LEG.

Blobbers

Do only a few perks from each max'd social link carry over into NG+? That kinda blows, since I just wanna fast forward and sleep through everything but a few social links I didn't finish so I can finish the compendium.

JBwB

Do only a few perks from each max'd social link carry over into NG+? That kinda blows, since I just wanna fast forward and sleep through everything but a few social links I didn't finish so I can finish the compendium.

Only the confidants you max in your initial playthrough will carry over their perks. Those perks will only activate once you've started their contracts again in NG+.

Ooh, yeah. Loving this Devil Fruit/Odd Morsel exploit trick. Or "Money exploit" as it's apparently known.

Getting 55-60k per turn when the bosses actually bother to hand out money. Might consider spending a bit more time boosting my luck to see if I can get a significant increase on my next trip to Mementos.
You can easily pull 100k+ with high luck.

Opa-Pa

I'll put a spoiler on this, but I doubt anybody this early in the game will be checking this thread.

The game really doesn't make enough of the fact that Kamoshida
BROKE RYUJI'S FUCKING LEG

It gets one line of dialogue in a conversation between the two of them,
and he rubs his knee/falls over when fleeing his palace.

Given that his whole social link is about the track team, not one of them comments that it was messed up when their coach BROKE HIS FUCKING LEG.

I was totally expecting him to mention it when he was apologizing at the gym but nope, pretty weird. Ryuji is so hated that not even a change of heart can make Kamoshida feel bad about him lol.

Dezzy

Just finished the game today with 114 hours played. The PPD(Post Persona Depression) is real. Lost interest in starting another game right away. Maybe in a week when I get back from a vacation.
I've seen many people say they were disappointed, but I wasn't. I loved the game. I thought the story and characters were great, and it sucks saying goodbye to it.

To those who say they're at Palace 4 or 5 and are getting tired, keep going it's worth it.

6/13 😨
lmao Ryuji you fool! The students council president is accusing us of being the phantom thieves, and Ryuji calls and yells phantom thieves on the phone

I feel like I should always have a Persona with Tentafaroo (or something) like it, as well as the passive, status-ailment likelihood boosts. And yet, I never *really* use that stuff. Should I just not bother?

Just started up the countdown to Palace 7 and holy cow I think I may actually be able to max every confidant. First playthrough, no guide. the fuck

BiggNife

I'm on palace 3 and I'm wondering if there's an equivalent of Zio/Agi/Bufu but for Bless

All I have is Hama and Hama fucking sucks

It uses a ton of SP and only works 20% of the time

This dungeon is full of Orobas and as far as I can tell it's only weak to Bless which is v. annoying

Top Bottom