• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

I'm on palace 3 and I'm wondering if there's an equivalent of Zio/Agi/Bufu but for Bless

All I have is Hama and Hama fucking sucks

It uses a ton of SP and only works 20% of the time

This dungeon is full of Orobas and as far as I can tell it's only weak to Bless which is v. annoying

There is, but I can't remember which Persona(s) learn it early on. I would think it would have showed up by palace 3.

FHIZ

NG+ complete. Platinum trophy get. Feels good

annnnnnnd then because I was on my non primary PS4, I went to upload my save, pressed download without knowing it and all of today's progress (Compendium 100%, Palace 7 to the end) is gone...

Thank god I did everything I needed to do. But even though I have literally no reason to go back to a twice completed save, I liked knowing it was there :(

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Man, Dungeon 6 was surprisingly simple---gave me no difficulty at all unless the Boss is crazy strong.

I have four days before sending the card, one of which is going through Mementos for some grinding/requests---is there another decent Social Link period later on? Like, for example, Haru is at Rank 1---is there any possible way to MAX her out still?

Man, Dungeon 6 was surprisingly simple---gave me no difficulty at all unless the Boss is crazy strong.

I have four days before sending the card, one of which is going through Mementos for some grinding/requests---is there another decent Social Link period later on? Like, for example, Haru is at Rank 1---is there any possible way to MAX her out still?

You get the last week of November and a little over half of December free to do S-Links. That's enough to max Haru because she never requires hang outs unless you mess up. But you may have some problems with conflictinq available days depending on your other remaining S-Links. Eg Futaba and Haru overlap some days as do Makato and Haru.

ETA - For others also Temperance can't pass Rank 7 or 9 after Palace 6 is finished.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You get the last week of November and a little over half of December free to do S-Links. That's enough to max Haru because she never requires hang outs unless you mess up. But you may have some problems with conflictinq available days depending on your other remaining S-Links. Eg Futaba and Haru overlap some days as do Makato and Haru.

Guess I'll focus on Haru since I wanna Max out my actual party first (everyone else is good to go), and see what I can do with Futaba.

Tamanon

Banned
Up to Palace 7 now, and starting to feel the urge to get that Dancing All Night DLC. Really looking forward to New Game+ when I won't have so many roadblocks from not having a skill.

Menitta

12/24

Thank god Caroline restores your health and SP at the beginning of this...palace thing. If she didn't I'd have to go through mementos and just Rush mode a bunch of fights and gain SP slowly through SP Adhesive. This is gonna be a loooong dungeon.

LiK

You know who the true villains of this game are?

Epilogue spoilers:
Joker's parents. Kid goes to Juvie and we don't hear from them at all?

Also, best YouTube comment, regarding the final boss:

"I want a mod that gives Satanael the hat that says 'GET SMOKED'.

Hah, I honestly think all of this was cut out so they don't add unnecessary things into the plot. MC's parents are never any part of the storie aside from setup.

Rainy

Banned
Palace 5

So in terms of party members, what are Haru's strengths? I've been using Ann,
Makoto, and Yusuke for a while and wonder whether I should replace someone with Haru.

duckroll

Hah, I honestly think all of this was cut out so they don't add unnecessary things into the plot. MC's parents are never any part of the storie aside from setup.

Judging from P3 and P4, I'll say it's not something that was cut out at all. Hashino seems to have a very specific idea about Persona leads.

Tamanon

Banned
Palace 5

So in terms of party members, what are Haru's strengths? I've been using Ann,
Makoto, and Yusuke for a while and wonder whether I should replace someone with Haru.

Psio skills and Buff/Debuff stuff. I'm not a huge fan of hers though.

I feel like I should always have a Persona with Tentafaroo (or something) like it, as well as the passive, status-ailment likelihood boosts. And yet, I never *really* use that stuff. Should I just not bother?

Better for me was to use the whip Ann gets from a mementos boss that has a high chance of despair. Despair is a guaranteed kill after 3 turns and they won't attack.

Not only is it a great way to conserve Mana on regular fights, but a great way to recharge with sp+ equipment for the whole party since you can just wait out the turns before the enemy dies. Essentially gaining 21 free sp per battle (i only ever used sp items on 2 fights the entire game because of this).

But her Gun Buffs + One Shot Kill & Triple Down are damn good.

Bingo, Haru is seriously underrated.

PK Gaming

Up to Palace 7 now, and starting to feel the urge to get that Dancing All Night DLC. Really looking forward to New Game+ when I won't have so many roadblocks from not having a skill.

Pull the trigger. The DAN costumes are awesome, and the Reach Out... remix is fantastic.

Her damage is extremely good, and Amrita shower is an excellent skill to have around

This is also a great point.

I was running a defensive build of Mona (heals), Makoto (+defense), and Ann (-enemy attack, enemy buff removal) but battles were slow. I switched Makoto for Haru for the extra deeps and i just had Joker pick up the +defense skill. Amrita Shower is awesome icing on the cake.

ckohler

Would I need to follow a guide in order to get a platinum in New Game+? I already maxed my social stats, have a ton of money, but I'm assuming I have to still get all confidants to Max in the second play-through (not just the ones I missed)?

duckroll

Wait, are there seriously people who don't use Haru or only used her for magic/buffs? Really? She's by far the strongest character in the game maybe outside of Ryuji (but who wants Ryuji in their party right?). With all her gun buffs and one-shot kill, she was doing well over 1k damage without anything like charge or whatever. It was crazy.

Ambient80

My goodness.

So I'm about to fight last boss in the second palace. The music in this game is just incredible. I love the visual style, and the story. Everything just feels so well done! Whoever was responsible for the music in this game deserves all of the awards.

cj_iwakura

Tried for 2 hours to get Competent Negotiator, know what I'm going to bed. Screw this game for tonight.

I got it without even trying. Just play the game and use different party members.

Wait, are there seriously people who don't use Haru or only used her for magic/buffs? Really? She's by far the strongest character in the game maybe outside of Ryuji (but who wants Ryuji in their party right?). With all her gun buffs and one-shot kill, she was doing well over 1k damage without anything like charge or whatever. It was crazy.

Them's fighting words, I used Ryuji and Haru. Death for everyone.

Matarukaja + Agnestrya, One Shot Kill, turn to dust.

MrBS

I finished off the game at 135hrs and now running through NG+, gong through so much quicker this time, skip text is so good.

The game is fine, it helps that the gap between 4 & 5 was so large because I'm certainly getting fatigued with the formula. The presentation is the real stand out though. I wish we got more in game cutscenes, they were well done for the most part to the point I preferred them over the anime sections.

PK Gaming

She takes a while to get to that point. She can't Baton Pass until you progress further into her Confidant (which isn't an option for everyone) and her initial skillset is pretty average, so she's nothing special when you get her initially.

At her peak, she's definitely amazing. Triple Down is flat out the highest damage dealing move for your party outside of Charge/Concentrate, and One Shot Skill is obviously insanely good for minibosses. Dunno why people mess around with Tetrakarn/Marakarn. Those skills are useless.

Rainy

Banned
I took out Yusuke and started using Haru. The Ann, Haru, Makoto party is fun to use.

Also the music in Palace 5 is real good. Just like Palace 4!

duckroll

My endgame party was Haru, Yusuke, Makoto. Makoto really didn't do much, but she was basically there because I like her. Useful for full heals whenever I needed, and she could do decent magic damage, but not much more.

For the final boss
I just let all the extra arms spawn, and then just spawn Triple Shot and Vorpal Blade, with each member eating the reflect damage from one arm, and Makoto would refill all HP. It was hilarious.

duckroll

I think everyone recommending the investment into the Fortune Confidant should also note that it only pays off at Rank 7. So if you just pay 100k and expect something cool from it, only to get disappointed and neglect it, it's going to be wasted.

OniBaka

For the final boss
I just let all the extra arms spawn, and then just spawn Triple Shot and Vorpal Blade, with each member eating the reflect damage from one arm, and Makoto would refill all HP. It was hilarious.

The reflect would one shot my Haru so didn't want to do that.

For the final boss...
i just killed them as they spawned with 2 of my 4 party members who wouldn't be reflected and had the remaining deeps the boss until it got to 4 arm mode near the end. Then it was a dps race,
which I won.

Top Bottom