• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Fandangox

Palace 3 boss question:
His demon name is Bael, but he's depicted as a fly. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me considering it's usually Beelzelbub that's depicted as a fly, not Bael, also I just don't see a thematic connection between him being a fly and running a bank. Is there a japanese parallel I'm missing here?

Ba'al was Beelzebub's original name.

Also somewhat unrelated to that boss fight, took me a while to get it, but
when he turned into a Fly and starting acting all weird I didn't realize he was being "fly"

Auctopus

"You impressed me, Skull"
"Whoah, Joker you're being pretty cool!"
"Beat em up!"

Not sure how happy I am about this new addition.

Ryuji is really just hitting all of his lows in the
August-September group trips
5th palace should be starting soon. I hope my view of
Haru's
inclusion in the cast changes by the end of it

NullMoon

Neo Member
They start out really expensive. Like 100,000 yen for the SP3 ones. But when you get to Rank 7 you unlock the discount, and you can buy them for half that. I bought a SP1 and a SP2 before the discount unlocked. Totally regret that. Oh well, money's easy to make anyway.
Yeah, I had forgot about the discount. I ranked up the SL and didn't make a single purchase till close to the end of the game. I honestly forgot she sold accessories until I started the 6th Palace and that's when I saw the SP3 at 50,000. Never saw the 100,000 yen price.

duckroll

So after beating Kaneshiro and seeing the usual Igor scene post-dungeon.... errr.... pretty obvious now.

7 Palaces, 7 Deadly Sins? I guess this was already foreshadowed ages ago when they first showed the OP animation. Lol.

So after beating Kaneshiro and seeing the usual Igor scene post-dungeon.... errr.... pretty obvious now.

7 Palaces, 7 Deadly Sins? I guess this was already foreshadowed ages ago when they first showed the OP animation. Lol.

Apparently one of these 7 palaces is not a deadly sin.
Mementos is one of the deadly sins though.

Gorillaz

I was thinking the same they fall too in line with the themes

Kazzy

I always knew that going to the theater was a viable way to get stat boosts, but I never realized that it gave 3 points the first time you watch a specific film.

Fuuuuuucccc.... not so bad that I'm still in May, but I've still missed a few.

Is there a guide for collectibles and max confidants. Can't seem to find one online that covers them. Beaten the game twice and made minor errors that ruined the entire run for certain trophies. Thanks to anyone who can direct me to the right area.

Is there a guide for collectibles and max confidants. Can't seem to find one online that covers them. Beaten the game twice and made minor errors that ruined the entire run for certain trophies. Thanks to anyone who can direct me to the right area.

GameFAQS has one, atleast a spoiler free guide for max coop single playtrough.

Ydelnae

Tower confidant spoilers

What's up with his request? I need to complete his mother's change of heart to advance in his social link but it won't appear in the request menu neither in Mementos

Lusankya

I did but don't you need
to get certain dialogue with Akechi
? I think I would need:

- every teammate to fall in battle
- every teammate to get a critical on them
- every teammate to get each status put on them

I haven't got those.

You definitely don't need all of these. She has way more than 250 lines and just using all party members, scanning all enemies and maybe sometimes wait for her to say something about a status effect before killing an enemy is totally fine.

You can also get some easy lines when a party member is close to death (via their ability), dies, is resurrected, and passes the baton.

GameFAQS has one, atleast a spoiler free guide for max coop single playtrough.

Will look at that. Literally missed it. That and all the collectible related stuff. Going back to Japanese dub for this run. Sojiro was the star of the English dub but there a few slip ups while I find Japanese dub was overall more consistent.

Xeteh

Tower confidant spoilers

What's up with his request? I need to complete his mother's change of heart to advance in his social link but it won't appear in the request menu neither in Mementos

iirc you have to hang out with him again first.

pixxxelz

I always knew that going to the theater was a viable way to get stat boosts, but I never realized that it gave 3 points the first time you watch a specific film.

Fuuuuuucccc.... not so bad that I'm still in May, but I've still missed a few.
There's a book you can read (I don't remember when it becomes available) that gives you an extra point every time you watch a movie, super useful and it only takes a day to read.

Weebos

Banned
I did but don't you need
to get certain dialogue with Akechi
? I think I would need:

- every teammate to fall in battle
- every teammate to get a critical on them
- every teammate to get each status put on them

I haven't got those.

I didn't need to do all that, I got mine in the final battle though. I think she has a few unique lines in that, not 100% sure.

She certainly has more than 250 lines, as I didn't go out of my way to get any.

Auctopus

Lol at the game trying to make me care why Mona's a little annoyed in early September when I don't actually care cause it means she's not pestering me for once.

AXE

You know -- frack this game.

Failed the time window of the first palace because I just didn't thoroughly understand the gorram meter. I always thought it was X days after the day I was in. Wasn't, obviously. Didn't pay it any heed, though. So, my 10 hours of minmaxing my daily routines and doing stuff -- wiped away.

I played this on Hard and as if the latter enemies weren't bloody iffy, my failure to do this crap in time threw me million levels backwards and I miss all the items and stuff that I did.

Yeah, I do realize it was my own fault. Everyone was whining about the date all the time. But here's the thing: I didn't bloody know that the Palace would be like one hundred million hours long with bazillion minibosses and death squads.

You know how much I failed the date?

One day.

Managed to get to the end and begin the final procedure upon returning. Next morning the coppers arrested me and some
weird bozo shot me in interrogation scene.

I might return to this shit in a few weeks or so and ram through everything on Easy.

I was already kinda pissed about the moronic camera/hiding functionality as quite a few times I got my *ss twisted by an enemy that ambushed me since I snapped out of the "hiding" as I was trying to see AT LEAST SOME OF MY SURROUNDINGS ffs.

Other than that, seems like a decent game. But I'm so fracking burned by this crap right now. And I'm the guy who gladly farms crap in MMOs without whining or shovels through Dark Souls and such. Didn't feel this pissed even when a friend of mine saved his FFVI save over my 70 hour marathon. I just started it again. P5 is somewhat of a chore to play and the idea of doing all those things again........

dlauv

Can you only ever get 3 points at a time? I tried going to the bathhouse on a Monday, during the rain and it only showed 3 points, but I wondered if that was just be a visual limitation.

Meier

If it's possible to answer this without spoiling, can anyone let me know if I hit a point where there is a time jump? I'm in Palace 6 and around 11/19 or so. I can't imagine how I'll have what I assume are another 5 months almost of game time. I've got my stats nearly maxed out and a lot of relationships are doing well. Not sure how I'd even fill my days..

It sucks to lose progress, but i highly suggest doing the dungeons ASAP next time. You still get the rest of the time until the deadline to spend doing whatever you want, and you wont have any issues being late.

Failed the time window of the first palace because I just didn't thoroughly understand the gorram meter. I always thought it was X days after the day I was in. Wasn't, obviously. So, my 10 hours of minmaxing my daily routines and doing stuff -- wiped away.

I played this on Hard and as if the latter enemies weren't bloody iffy, my failure to do this crap in time threw me million levels backwards and I miss all the items and stuff that I did.

Yeah, I do realize it was my own fault. Everyone was whining about the date all the time. But here's the thing: I didn't bloody know that the Palace would be like one hundred million hours long with bazillion minibosses and death squads.

One day.

Managed to get to the end and begin the final procedure upon returning. Next morning the coppers arrested me and some

I might return to this shit in a few weeks or so and ram through everything on Easy.

I was already kinda pissed about the moronic camera/hiding functionality as quite a few times I got my *ss twisted by an enemy that ambushed me since I snapped out of the "hiding" as I was trying to see AT LEAST SOME OF MY SURROUNDINGS ffs.

Other than that, seems like a decent game. But I'm so fracking burned by this crap right now.

If it's possible to answer this without spoiling, can anyone let me know if I hit a point where there is a time jump? I'm in Palace 6 and around 11/19 or so. I can't imagine how I'll have what I assume are another 5 months almost of game time. I've got my stats nearly maxed out and a lot of relationships are doing well. Not sure how I'd even fill my days..

Last Day spoiler:
12/24

Zolo

It sucks to lose progress, but i highly suggest doing the dungeons ASAP next time. You still get the rest of the time until the deadline to spend doing whatever you want, and you wont have any issues being late.

Eh. If you wait on doing the dungeons, you get to progress more confidants that can help you out. The main thing is to just not wait until the last 2 or 3 days if possible.

Failed the time window of the first palace because I just didn't thoroughly understand the gorram meter. I always thought it was X days after the day I was in. Wasn't, obviously. So, my 10 hours of minmaxing my daily routines and doing stuff -- wiped away.

One day.

Other than that, seems like a decent game. But I'm so fracking burned by this crap right now.

So..You put the game on hard, seemingly not knowing much about it (or having played another Persona game at least, if you didn't get how the calendar system worked) and then preceded to ignore all of the dungeon gameplay until right before the end, and you got mad that the meat of the game was too substantial and you couldn't blow through it, despite having the opinion to change the difficulty setting at any point?
Okay..

Chaos17

Failed the time window of the first palace because I just didn't thoroughly understand the gorram meter. I always thought it was X days after the day I was in. Wasn't, obviously. Didn't pay it any heed, though. So, my 10 hours of minmaxing my daily routines and doing stuff -- wiped away.

One day.

Other than that, seems like a decent game. But I'm so fracking burned by this crap right now. And I'm the guy who gladly farms crap in MMOs without whining or shovels through Dark Souls and such. Didn't feel this pissed even when a friend of mine saved his FFVI save over my 70 hour marathon. I just started it again. P5 is somewhat of a chore to play and the idea of doing all those things again........

I feel you, the bad pacing (that include story+gameplay) makes that game longer that it should be. I'm at 100h not because I farmed like a mad man, nope because game is freaking slow.

Kazzy

Eh. If you wait on doing the dungeons, you get to progress more confidants that can help you out. The main thing is to just not wait until the last 2 or 3 days if possible.

What do you mean by this? Do some confidants become unavailable after clearing a dungeon for storyline purposes? This would really impact how I do things, going forward.

Or do you just mean the bonuses that party members (and others) grant you for ranking up?

I despair at the thought of it being the former!

asagami_

Banned
What do you mean by this? Do some confidants become unavailable after clearing a dungeon for storyline purposes? This would really impact how I do things, going forward.

Or do you just mean the bonuses that party members (and others) grant you for ranking up?

I despair at the thought of it being the former!

I guess he said some confidants (like death or temperance, for example) would help you in the dungeon if unlock certain things. Especially death.

Palace 3 boss question:
His demon name is Bael, but he's depicted as a fly. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me considering it's usually Beelzelbub that's depicted as a fly, not Bael, also I just don't see a thematic connection between him being a fly and running a bank. Is there a japanese parallel I'm missing here?

I'm probably remembering it wrong. But Bael was a an ancient god, that was later turned into a demon in a another religion. Like how many of the older gods are viewed as demons in Christianity.

So assuming I go into NG+ with max social stats - Will it be relatively painless maxing everything (confidants, read all books, play all games) for the trophies, or should I go with a guide?

Kinsei

Banned
I could have been getting 3 charm every time I upped the devil confidant? God dammit. At least all of the studying with tea ended up getting me into the top 10 for the second exam.

Top Bottom