• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

nOoblet16

Eh, they honestly need to nerf physical though. I pretty much spammed physical and gun skills all the way till the end.
Yes the thing with this game is that when an enemy has no weakness you have to exploit their susceptiblity to ailments like rage (making a magic spamming enemy rage means they can't use magic and will use physical at which point you use a persona with physical drain/repel), confuse, sleep etc etc. But physicals late game is just so damn powerful with abilities like One shot kill, God's hand etc etc that you don't wanna bother with anything else.

I mean my Ryuji was doing 2000+ damage on final boss while being level 78 or so, that was like 10-20% damage per hit.

I don't mind phys skills being so good. I never used them in SMT4/4A/SJ because I didn't like that they costed MP (and phys demons had shit MP pools). So it makes for a nice change of pace after being a magic focused player for the past few years lol.

Plus nothing beats doing a Charge+Crazy phys skill and doing fuck loads of damage.

B00TE

Yeah, I'm down with physical skills getting some love. I kinda like how insane they start to get, feels like a nice change of pace from the other games. Not gonna act like it's balanced super well, but it's fun.

Thud

My feelings too. Maybe I should play P1 and P2 sometimes but I hope it's not as long as the last ones

About 30 hours each I would say. P1 has two routes: The Snow Queen and SEBEC. Snow Queen requires a lot of grinding. Forget about max ambrosia even on easy. SEBEC while pretty standard fare still has a mafia boss.

Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment are not that hard. There are some spikes, but you just need the right battle strategy at times.

I do recommend using a guide for the tarot cards at least.

I'm so fucking salty right now 11/28
Lost a shit ton of time wiping on the ship after getting triple tech'd mabufu from the big jack frost queen. I got all the way from the first save point to the end of the section where you turn into a mouse.

zelhawks37

In regards to the P5 cast, each character seems to have their own individuality and they bounce off each other so well. They have just enough playfulness to offset the serious situations they are in and its quite refreshing. It is one of the many reasons that make the 85+ hours of this game special so far. :)

Mediking

In regards to the P5 cast, each character seems to have their own individuality and they bounce off each other so well. They have just enough playfulness to offset the serious situations they are in and its quite refreshing. It is one of the many reasons that make the 85+ hours of this game special so far. :)

That whole thing of "serious situation talk then goofy situation happens to lighten the mood" is a series staple. Lol it happens almost every-time.

nOoblet16

I'm so fucking salty right now 11/28
Lost a shit ton of time wiping on the ship after getting triple tech'd mabufu from the big jack frost queen. I got all the way from the first save point to the end of the section where you turn into a mouse.
I actually died at the exact same place and made a rant about how I lost 1 hour or so of progress and quit the game. I got back the day after, took me a max of 10-15 minutes tops to catch up and get back to the same spot where I died. It's when I realised most of the time I am just playing slowly and it feels like I have covered a lot of distance when in reality I hadn't. A lesson I learned from that and perhaps s to keep in mind the next time for you
save after you kill the first guy in restaurant by going back to the lobby, it takes like 1 Min.

dlauv

After the
late November/Early December
dungeon, how much time do I have to clean up Social Links?

Man, the SP restoring accessories make all the difference while grinding in dungeons.

For sure. I did almost all of them in one day, except for when it boots me out.

Spamming AoE Despair feels a bit like cheating since it's an auto-win if it lands. I feel like it needs an RNG element to potentially snap out of it, for both allies and enemies.

Lunar15

Palace 3 boss question:
His demon name is Bael, but he's depicted as a fly. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me considering it's usually Beelzelbub that's depicted as a fly, not Bael, also I just don't see a thematic connection between him being a fly and running a bank. Is there a japanese parallel I'm missing here?

Toki767

Spamming AoE Despair feels a bit like cheating since it's an auto-win if it lands. I feel like it needs an RNG element to potentially snap out of it, for both allies and enemies.

Can you inflict Despair on
the Reaper
?

Or does it only get it during Flu Season?

How does the whole fortune thing work? Twice now I've paid to increase the stat I want to build up but have not seen any change in the number of points that I get when I do the relevant activity.

Man, the SP restoring accessories make all the difference while grinding in dungeons.

SP Adhesive 3 is so good that I never bothered with any of the other accessories for the entire game. The Persona 4 DLC +Exp Glasses accessories (I didn't even realize they were included with the DLC until hours after buying it) went on my backup characters and they ended up outleveling my main squad as a result.

Ponn

Banned
After palace 4

Of course Yusuke casually walks up to everyone
in fucking Hawaii
like its nothing. I swear this guy gets me everytime, and I didn't think id like him at all.

Opa-Pa

Honestly, bless P Studio for making physical so fun. Physical is the only way.

Stop with this elitist narrative that Persona is so easy. Please stop. And this is coming from a veteran.

But it is though. P5 is pretty much the first Persona game (not counting PQ) that isn't either "pretty easy" or straight up dumbed down Megaten.

The only ways P3 and P4 are hard are when you're getting used to the mechanics and learning not to play them like other RPGs... Or when the AI fucks up in non P3P P3. Pre-P3 Persona is also quite basic and easy.

This doesn't make them bad games, mind you, but being used to other Megaten titles it's not weird to get bored of them.

But yeah IMO P5 is the first mechanically rich game in the series and the first to feel comparable to modern Megaten playable wise.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I think my road to the platinum is goign to go the same as P4, get stuck on the 250 lines of dialogue.

Are you still on your first play-thru? Mine popped really close to the end of the game, but I never had to go out of my way to get it.

Switching up my party more would have gotten me it quicker, but it still wasn't too tricky.

Zesh

How does the whole fortune thing work? Twice now I've paid to increase the stat I want to build up but have not seen any change in the number of points that I get when I do the relevant activity.

It doesn't increase anything beyond the max (3 points). It also doesn't seem to apply to everything for some reason.

9/2 Spoiler
I'm so anxious for Makoto getting the information off of Sae's computer. But I'm imagining Sae's face as Joker recounts this part of the story.

Are you still on your first play-thru? Mine popped really close to the end of the game, but I never had to go out of my way to get it.

Switching up my party more would have gotten me it quicker, but it still wasn't too tricky.

I did but don't you need
to get certain dialogue with Akechi
? I think I would need:

- every teammate to fall in battle
- every teammate to get a critical on them
- every teammate to get each status put on them

I haven't got those.

Death arcana, have to get it to rank 5 or 7 for them to become available if I remember correctly (they are super expensive early on)

Rank 7 is when they get the 50% discount, so SP Adhesive 3 will be 50k instead of 100k. You might as well grind a bit and just spend the 200k on four SP Adhesive 3s. It's going to be the best 200k you'll spend all game.

duckroll

Yeah they are 50,000 yen each if I'm not mistaken.

They start out really expensive. Like 100,000 yen for the SP3 ones. But when you get to Rank 7 you unlock the discount, and you can buy them for half that. I bought a SP1 and a SP2 before the discount unlocked. Totally regret that. Oh well, money's easy to make anyway.

Rank 7 is when they get the 50% discount, so SP Adhesive 3 will be 50k instead of 100k. You might as well grind a bit and just spend the 200k on four SP Adhesive 3s. It's going to be the best 200k you'll spend all game.

I agree 100% about getting them ASAP as you can swap them at any point and it makes it super easy to get a Palace done in a single day. If you can't afford to get all 4 at least get one for sure for the MC since hes the easiest to exploit weaknesses on with the Persona switching and all that and you can always move it around if someone needs it more.

Zesh

Eh. Just paid 5k to boost kindness, worked at the flower shop and still only got 2 points.

Yep, that's the exact case I noticed as well. However, I've definitely seen it work for some things, like the drinks you can buy on Sunday, the diner, and confidant stat bonuses (like Star).

Mediking

Honestly, bless P Studio for making physical so fun. Physical is the only way.

But it is though. P5 is pretty much the first Persona game (not counting PQ) that isn't either "pretty easy" or straight up dumbed down Megaten.

The only ways P3 and P4 are hard are when you're getting used to the mechanics and learning not to play them like other RPGs... Or when the AI fucks up in non P3P P3. Pre-P3 Persona is also quite basic and easy.

This doesn't make them bad games, mind you, but being used to other Megaten titles it's not weird to get bored of them.

But yeah IMO P5 is the first mechanically rich game in the series and the first to feel comparable to modern Megaten playable wise.

True... but I know various people who have gotten stuck in dungeons of P3 and P4 due to being very underleveled and not handling mechanics right.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I did but don't you need
to get certain dialogue with Akechi
? I think I would need:

- every teammate to fall in battle
- every teammate to get a critical on them
- every teammate to get each status put on them

I haven't got those.

I can't guarantee that I got all of those, and I still got it. Maybe I just got lucky.

Top Bottom