• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Wait are you saying the passive boosts are pointless? Cause they aren't, you get like 50% boost which is a lot tbh and kind of allows you to not use attack buff all the time.

This is sort of my first SMT game as well. I never played Persona 3 and Persona 4 for more than 2 hours. Anyhow with the way that fight works it is possible to reduce enemy defense, increase your defense, raise your attack and do massive damage all within 2 turns but yes you do need to have the abilities to be able to do that.

Its a tough balancing act between buffs, damaging skills, healing, status effect, and passives. Probably could've made some better dedicated Personas for my MC, instead of focusing a little too heavily on elemental dmg diversity. I feel as if I should've leveled up some more too, as I was only 68-69 at the end, but I was pretty burnt out by the length of the game at that point and rushed a little too much.

nOoblet16

Tbf the assets are fairly high quality to come across as PS4 assets, the art style helps too. All they need for Persons 6 is to make the world a bit more seamless and less restrictive, use PBR and upgrade the lighting (this will happen for sure), and increase the NPC draw distance so that they are not turning into silhouette 5 meters away from you. If they do that then the game would look sufficiently current gen, even if they decide to not upgrade the assets.

Tbf the assets are fairly high quality to come across as PS4 assets, the art style helps too. All they need for Persons 6 is to make the world a bit more seamless and less restrictive, use PBR and upgrade the lighting (this will happen for sure), and increase the NPC draw distance so that they are not turning into silhouette 5 meters away from you. If they do that then the game would look sufficiently current gen, even if they decide to not upgrade the assets.

P6 is going to take a while because all the main people are going to be working on Re Fantasy

Can't wait for Persona 6 starring Sherlock Holmes as the MC's Persona. With support off other characters who have the following Personas - Hercule Poirot, Cordelia Gray, Miss Marple, Nancy Drew, Philip Marlowe and Inspector Clouseau (I want a Persona game with a Detective theme).

asagami_

Banned
Can't wait for Persona 6 starring Sherlock Holmes as the MC's Persona. With support off other characters who have the following Personas - Hercule Poirot, Cordelia Gray, Miss Marple, Nancy Drew, Philip Marlowe and Inspector Clouseau (I want a Persona game with a Detective theme).

Not Persona, but almost:

DSRKCoverArt.png

Eylos

Banned
Persona 4 is that

In this instance we'll probably wait a while because most of the key people are going to be working on project Re fantasy after P5

Because the key people of the Persona team are now working on a brand new fantasy RPG.
Isn't that Switch exclusive?

This is my first Persona game and I believe my first Atlus game and I engrossed in it. I was actually meaning to play P4G but my Vita broke so I never got around to it. Atlus has a new fan and I'm looking for more.

I am a sad panda. I'll probably be 30 years old when I get to play as a high schooler again :/

I so hope they pick a university setting for Persona 6.
Same. As a college student I would relate to it so much. However, I will probably have graduated by then.

Another Mementos question.

Are the targets positions random? I just beat the 3rd dungeon so I have more Memtos to explore. Could the targets be anywhere though? What if I did the targets before defeating dungeon 3, would they have been in the areas I already explored?

This is my first Persona game and I believe my first Atlus game and I engrossed in it. I was actually meaning to play P4G but my Vita broke so I never got around to it. Atlus has a new fan and I'm looking for more.

Yea....this is what kills me about the games being exclusive. I want to replay P3P and P4G, and I can't :(

Zolo

P6 is going to take a while because all the main people are going to be working on Re Fantasy

Isn't Re Fantasy a whole other team now with the Persona team being separate? I don't really see Atlus waiting the 4 or so years for Re Fantasy to complete to only start P6 afterwards for another at least 2-3 years.

nOoblet16

Maybe they will let some other people take over.
I hope they do this provided they pass it off to good people. I mean you get Yakuza games so frequently which are incredibly content filled and always good games, so we know Atlus can do the same for Persona if they want to.

AFAIK, Hashino is probably done with Persona, at least for a long time now. Sort of like Miyazaki at From Software is done with Souls. Atlus rotate the director's chair every so often, it's nothing unusual, there's plenty of talented folks at Atlus, I wouldn't worry.

Not Persona, but almost:

Already played it. That's a separate series.

Persona 4 is that

Kind of, but not really. I just want a Sherlock Holmes Persona, that's all really, lol.

Isn't Re Fantasy a whole other team now with the Persona team being separate? I don't really see Atlus waiting the 4 or so years for Re Fantasy to complete to only start P6 afterwards for another at least 2-3 years.

I mean it's not impossible, but all of the main names behind the modern Persona games are going to be working on Re Fantasy

cheesekao

SMT HD is the Switch exclusive, not Re Fantasy.

FluxWaveZ

I hope they do this provided they pass it off to good people. I mean you get Yakuza games so frequently which are incredibly content filled and always good games, so we know Atlus can do the same for Persona if they want to.

But you're assuming that the budgets and team sizes are the same for the Persona games as they are for the Yakuza games, which they most likely are not.

Capra

Listening to some of this composer's instrumental tracks, mixed with the detective vibes from
Goro's schtick
, makes me yearn so hard for another Raidou outing with these HD demons...

Give it to Kaneko!

I could've sworn I read that SMT HAD could come to PS4. It doesn't really matter to me though since I have a Switch and PS4.

People think it will come to Ps4 since the site doesn't list it as exclusive. While the 3ds game is listed as exclusive.

Guess Who

Banned
No one really knows what the next Persona game is going to be or who is helming it. We know Hashino and co. are focused on Re: Fantasy, so either Atlus coasts on P5 spinoffs until Hashino can make P6, or another director steps up for P6.

Given the quality of the P3/P4 spinoffs, I'm not terribly optimistic about the prospect of another lead taking over the series, so I personally hope Hashino and co. do P6 after Re:Fantasy even if it takes a while. Persona is Atlus's biggest franchise, though, so they may not want to wait so long for another entry.

SMT switch, Re Fantasy, Persona 6. Looking forward to all of these but unfortunately it seems they seem quite a few years away at least. How was SMT IV Apocalypse? I enjoyed IV but never got around to this one.

SkylineRKR

Another Mementos question.

Are the targets positions random? I just beat the 3rd dungeon so I have more Memtos to explore. Could the targets be anywhere though? What if I did the targets before defeating dungeon 3, would they have been in the areas I already explored?

Yea....this is what kills me about the games being exclusive. I want to replay P3P and P4G, and I can't :(

Yeah you can literally fast travel to their location at times. Its wise to advance it for a bit after you've dealt with your targets. I was always ready to enter a new area right away.

nOoblet16

But you're assuming that the budgets and team sizes are the same for the Persona games as they are for the Yakuza games, which they most likely are not.
Are they not ? Both are rather mid budget series, Yakuza might be a bit lower but at the same time it does get a lot more games. My point being 4-5 years would be a bit too much even if Persona is a bit on the higher side of the budget group for Atlus when compared to Yakuza.

FluxWaveZ

No one really knows what the next Persona game is going to be or who is helming it.

Wada's been teasing a Persona game for a couple of years now. The next Persona game is very likely directed by him, and will likely be a spin-off. There's also DJ Taku Takahashi's comment on remixing P5 music for something he speculated could be the next game.

Are they not ? Both are rather mid budget series, Yakuza might be a bit lower but at the same time it does get a lot more games. My point being 4-5 years would be a bit too much even if Persona is a bit on the higher side of the budget group for Atlus when compared to Yakuza.

Yakuza almost certainly gets more budget and a bigger team at Sega than Persona gets at Atlus. Up until now, the Yakuza series has consistently sold more than Persona in Japan.

nOoblet16

Wada's been teasing a Persona game for a couple of years now. The next Persona game is very likely directed by him, and will likely be a spin-off. There's also DJ Taku Takahashi's comment on remixing P5 music for something he speculated could be the next game.

No one really knows what the next Persona game is going to be or who is helming it. We know Hashino and co. are focused on Re: Fantasy, so either Atlus coasts on P5 spinoffs until Hashino can make P6, or another director steps up for P6.

Given the quality of the P3/P4 spinoffs, I'm not terribly optimistic about the prospect of another lead taking over the series, so I personally hope Hashino and co. do P6 after Re:Fantasy even if it takes a while. Persona is Atlus's biggest franchise, though, so they may not want to wait so long for another entry.
I'd gladly be up for a P5 spin off...so long as it's not a fighting game but rather the same type of RPG game.

The style, setting, presentation and music is just too damn good to not be picked up again.

Give it to Kaneko!

People think it will come to Ps4 since the site doesn't list it as exclusive. While the 3ds game is listed as exclusive.

It could be on PS4. It hasn't been confirmed to be switch exclusive.
I remember​ the Gaf thread about it. Caused quite a stir amongst fans.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army

How's that for a name?
I heard you liked to use a colon within a colon.

Guess Who

Banned

When I say the next game, I'm referring more to a hypothetical "P6" rather than a spinoff. I think there's going to be P5 spinoffs regardless of who helms P6.

Eh I would prefer if someone steps in rather than wait. Maybe Persona will see a shift like it did from 2 ->3. Maybe the Devil Survivor people, even though I didn't like the 2nd one as much as the 1st. Felt like Persona infected it.
I also don't want anymore spin-off games. I feel like they rode P4 way too long.

DNAbro

Yakuza almost certainly gets more budget and a bigger team at Sega than Persona gets at Atlus. Up until now, the Yakuza series has consistently sold more than Persona in Japan.

What has Wada lead/done before?

SkylineRKR

Oh hmm? I don't remember that the first time I went in after the tutorial.

The gist is to unlock all possible areas. Then select the area your target is in, then Morgana will say he's either on a lower or higher floor. When I enter Area 8 and Morgana says he's at a higher floor, I sometimes try 1 or 4 and see what he says. This makes traversal minimal. Some are standing at the end of an area you can instantly warp to.

nOoblet16

I see, then it's strange that Persona got fully localised with English voice overs and Yakuza didn't.

Top Bottom