• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

DNAbro

Will the game warn me when I'm running close to the end? As in, when I won't get any more free time before the end of the game. I'm at the end of December and if this is actually a full calendar year then
I don't see how a max SLink run is hard at all, so I kind of have a feeling I'm getting shafted on time at some point.

you about to run out of time. Take that deadline as the final one.

nOoblet16

Will the game warn me when I'm running close to the end? As in, when I won't get any more free time before the end of the game. I'm at the end of December and if this is actually a full calendar year then
I don't see how a max SLink run is hard at all, so I kind of have a feeling I'm getting shafted on time at some point.
I got news for you
You are at the end of December and are wondering if this is a full calender year ? You are almost out of time.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
you about to run out of time. Take that deadline as the final one.

Yeah, had a feeling. Damn.

You are at the end of December and are wondering if this is a full calender year ?

Well, the in-game calendar
has entries up until March. I get that the story seems to be winding down but who knows what could happen to keep things moving for three more months? I mean it's pretty obvious that the 7th Palace isn't the end of the game.

I haven't levelled up the confidant as when I go it always says the bond won't grow stronger so it's sat at just level 4 and I don't have the cash :(

Are you blocked by your stats?

Do you take Personas with you when you talk to Confidants of the coresponding arcana?

And I hate that they changed the name. I can't stop saying social links.

edit: Ohhh, read DNAbro's response below and I think I misread. Because it says it won't go stronger you've been ignoring her?

DNAbro

I haven't levelled up the confidant as when I go it always says the bond won't grow stronger so it's sat at just level 4 and I don't have the cash :(

when it says it won't grow stronger, you need to hang out with them to get more points in them so it goes up.

Merun

If you have SP issues in dungeon 3, you can regen SP without accessories
The high pixie at the entrance can cast sleep on you. When asleep, you regen both HP and SP.

Recall

when it says it won't grow stronger, you need to hang out with them to get more points in them so it goes up.

This I did not know.

Ok, I've been making a few mistakes it seems. So I should take her to some of the hang out spots?

Thank you.

asagami_

Banned
If you have SP issues in dungeon 3, you can regen SP without accessories
The high pixie at the entrance can cast sleep on you. When asleep, you regen both HP and SP.

lol I did this yesterday. This strategy and SP Adhesive 1 (just one, for the entire party) help me to recover strenghts!

Chaos17

I'd be pretty okay with the Devil Survivor/Tokyo Mirage Sessions team taking on Persona, as I really like both series, but I also agree that Tokyo Mirage Sessions is not necessarily a great blueprint for a Persona game simply because it's so much smaller in scope in some ways.

Considering how little I care for what I've seen of Project Re Fantasy (sorry, can't give two shits about yet another medieval fantasy RPG no matter who's making it), I want Persona to return sooner rather than later. Though if instead the Devil Survivor team just makes Devil Survivor 3, I'm totally okay with that too.

Persona need some new mechanics in combat and Tokyo mirage is proof that Atlus can do it with no problem. The rest Persona can keep it just less handholding please (gameplay and story wise).

Ryuji is that person in a social group who everybody dislikes but wonders why he's still around. My goodness does he get more annoying by the days.

Baalzebup

Ryuji is that person in a social group who everybody dislikes but wonders why he's still around. My goodness does he get more annoying by the days.
I find him okay as a character, and his Confidant stuff is decent character building, but the constant theme of him flying off the handle and doing harm to the cause of the group and never learning from it gets fucking tiresome.

Zesh

What difficulty is recommended? Persona 4 Golden was easy even on hard. How's this?

Hard became easy in this after the first dungeon as well (though I'm not done yet). I wish the game were more difficult, but Merciless doesn't seem particularly worth it with the one-shot weakness hits and drastically reduced experience/money gain.

Zolo

Nah. The group like Ryuji even if they may give him shit. You're talking about Mishima whenever he tries to hang out.

dlauv

I wish their character arcs weren't relegated to one dungeon and a social link that has no impact on their narrative behavior.

Guess Who

Banned
Given the 2nd hideout location, and how loud Ryuji is. I'm surprised the world doesn't know who they are.

Pretty sure the second hideout location was chosen specifically so the crew can
lean and pose all cool against the railing and cast some long, sick shadows in the sunset

Nah. The group like Ryuji even if they may give him shit. You're talking about Mishima whenever he tries to hang out.

Yeah in most cases Ryuji's pretty cool with the group and mostly gets along fine with everyone. I found that people really exaggerated his overall recklessness/assholish character, most of the time he's perfectly fine. Mishima though has a problem, dude needs to chill out with the website and yeah Us Phantom Theieves lol.

Opa-Pa

We all have one.

Yup, Ryuji is still a bro and a genuinely good guy. He definitely has some things that I hate, but none of them are related to being loud and careless, which seems to be the only stuff people dislike about him lol.

I'm near November already too so I doubt I haven't seen his worst yet.

Soma

I kinda wish Lala Escargot was a more prominent character. It's not often you see this type of character done this surprisingly well in a game like this.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So just wander around until
he shows up with Despair?

Yeah,
but you might have to keep the controller still, I'm not sure about that. And he doesn't have it the first time, you can run away (much easier with Star Level 9, or with a vanish ball) and then jump him again. Repeat until he has Despair.

I did this for like 15 floors in a row and went from level 65 to level 99.

Top Bottom