• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Sixth Palace:
Akechi's metaverse outfit is so cheesy. I thought he'd look like a witch doctor.

I was sooooooo disappointed when I saw it, as I more or less like everyone else's outfit (I'd prefer Ann's be less sexualized, but I can excuse it for a few reasons) and their Personas, but I hate both Goro's outfit and his Persona design. They're so cheesy, though I do understand why they look like that.

TuXx

I'd be fine with him if (September spoilers)
he actually apologized to Morgana, but when they went to apologize, he was a giant dick to him all over again.

The whole thing with Morgana
leaving the team was probably the funniest part of the game mostly because of it being actually true (Morgana being useless).

Dumb question I just thought of, going through the start of the game again in NG+:

How does the MC have a school uniform already? He hasn't even been to Shujin yet.

nOoblet16

I think you're looking at the wrong US Gamer article. The poster is talking about (again, beware huge endgame spoiler) this one on their front page right now.
I see. Well they do warn you and out a big banner as well. I'm not sure why anyone who hasn't finished the game would look at an article that talks about the stuff from the entire game while warning about spoilers.

Lunar15

Dumb question I just thought of, going through the start of the game again in NG+:

How does the MC have a school uniform already? He hasn't even been to Shujin yet.

This happens in 3 and 4 too, and I believe the anime for 4 shows Yu being sent a uniform in the mail. I'm assuming this is what happens in Japan for most schools.

I was sooooooo disappointed when I saw it, as I more or less like everyone else's outfit (I'd prefer Ann's be less sexualized, but I can excuse it for a few reasons) and their Personas, but I hate both Goro's outfit and his Persona design. They're so cheesy, though I do understand why they look like that.
He could've looked so menacing.

This happens in 3 and 4 too, and I believe the anime for 4 shows Yu being sent a uniform in the mail. I'm assuming this is what happens in Japan for most schools.

Even in the US, if you wear a uniform, it's not odd to get one for a school you'll be attending soon in advance

Saprol

I fused the super resistant Yoshitsune but then I realized he doesn't have a sweet instrument. Good thing for all that confuse farming.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WvGVTpx.jpg[/IMG]

I should watch the anime again. (No I shouldn't.) (Yes I should, for Double Chie.)

Second dumb question: why travel in your school uniform?

Lunar15

Morgana: "Okay guys, you need to blend in like normal students"

*Everyone in the party proceeds to wear whatever the fuck they want in school instead of the regular uniform*

LotusHD

Banned

Lmao yes, worst one by far.

I could write up a longish thing about why I think his design is what it is and how I ultimately think it adds a lot to his characterization, but that doesn't change the fact that I hate it on a purely aesthetic level, lol.
From a purely aesthetic view I hate it. However, I'm sure there is a reason for it. I would probably disagree with it though because it's corny.
Game's teaching you a life lesson, don't wait to study until the end and take time out to study during normal days :p
The game gives a lot of opportunities for bonus knowledge points during the fall semester, right before the midterms.

leaving the team was probably the funniest part of the game mostly because of it being actually true (Morgana being useless).

Man, I don't know what you people are doing with Morgana, but he's my main healer, and his wind attacks are pretty solid, too.

Guess Who

Banned
Speaking of (last party member spoilers)
Akechi
, the choice of (end of 7th palace spoilers)
Loki as his "true" Persona is perfect. I haven't checked, is it possible to fuse or use Loki?

Ydelnae

"Quit thinkin' you're some sexy character in an anime. It's sad watchin' you like this"

The hypocrisy. Has Atlus themselves watched their anime cutscenes lol

FluxWaveZ

It was pretty awkward to me, for the complete opposite reason:

Morgana's the main means of transportation in Mementos. He's the one with the most experience and knowledge of the Metaverse. He frequently shares good guidance when it comes to how the Phantom Thieves should operate. He's a great healer in battle. And he even helps the protagonist with simple daily life stuff, like answering questions at school.

Unlike Teddie's identity crisis for how "useless" he was, Morgana's didn't ring true to me at all.

Opa-Pa

I'm curious, for people who beat the game, what level were you at the end? Is this one of those games where without grinding you end up at level 60 or so? I ask because I'm only level 44 and it's almos November already. I don't like it when you don't reach the late 80s without grinding for some reason.

"Quit thinkin' you're some sexy character in an anime. It's sad watchin' you like this"

The hypotenuse. Has Atlus themselves watched their anime cutscenes lol

It's pretty frustrating at times, I really wish the game were a bit more self aware lol.

Speaking of (last party member spoilers)
Akechi
, the choice of (end of 7th palace spoilers)
Loki as his "true" Persona is perfect. I haven't checked, is it possible to fuse or use Loki?

I definitely appreciated that
the character implied to be a second Wild Card has the traditionally most powerful Fool Persona as his ultimate (not to mention that it still fits right in because all the evolved Personas are all figures that rebel against divine authority).
Came together very well.

I'm curious, for people who beat the game, what level were you at the end? Is this one of those games where without grinding you end up at level 60 or so? I ask because I'm only level 44 and it's almos November already. I don't like it when you don't reach the late 80s without grinding for some reason.

It's pretty frustrating at times, I really wish the game were a bit more self aware lol.

I'm pretty sure that WAS the game's stab at self awareness. Also
Futaba
calling Ryuji
a douche

I'm early November and I'm 43. I'm guessing that people did some hardcore grinding to hit the high levels.

nOoblet16

Morgana's the main means of transportation in Mementos. He's the one with the most experience and knowledge of the Metaverse. He frequently shares good guidance when it comes to how the Phantom Thieves should operate. He's a great healer in battle. And he even helps the protagonist with simple daily life stuff, like answering questions at school.

Unlike Teddie's identity crisis for how "useless" he was, Morgana's didn't ring true to me at all.
The simple fact that Morgana doesn't make weird squiggly noise while walking, doesn't keeps saying Senpai attack attack attack and doesn't sound like an idiot while talking is what makes him better than Teddie.

sjay1994

Party Max social link question:
Do any of the party's second awakenings look cool? I've only done Ryuji and Ann and both their second awakenings look inferior to the initial persona

Weiss

Banned

I found it was mostly due to having his role as a navigator, and the team member most able to divulge knowledge, getting punked by Futaba.

ckohler

Guys, I love this game. It's so addicting, Just reached the end of Summer break.

Even when I'm locked into a long story sequence and end up just pressing X for an hour, it's akin to binge watching a TV show with endearing characters.

I could be misremembering but I feel this game does a better job of adding variety during the story sequences than P4. A lot less talking heads and more interesting locations, camera angles and animation.

I think the idea behind
Morgana's crisis is that he's essentially the old veteran teaching the newbies, and at that point they were coming into their own enough that they didn't need to rely on him as much. Coupled with being the only non-human party member and his nightmares cratering his hopes of secretly being human, he's rapidly coming to feel like he's being outcast from a haven for outcasts.

He's still totally useful though.

I beat the final boss at level
--75--.

Lunar15

Guys, I love this game. It's so addicting, Just reached the end of Summer break.

Even when I'm locked into a long story sequence and end up just pressing X for an hour, it's akin to binge watching a TV show with endearing characters.

I could be misremembering but I feel this game does a better job of adding variety during the story sequences than P4. A lot less talking heads and more interesting locations, camera angles and animation.

Yeah, this game has a lot of cool variety to its scenes. I've really enjoyed that.

And yes, this game has loooooong stretches of just pressing X to move the story along, but I've enjoyed that because it's like binge watching a great show.

nOoblet16

Party Max social link question:
Are any of the party's second awakenings look cool? I've only done Ryuji and Ann and both their second awakenings look inferior to the initial persona
I think Haru, Yusuke and Morgana get cooler looking ones. The most disappointing are easily Makoto and Ryuji, I mean they talk about how cool it is to have a motorbike and a pirate on a ship and the final form for both loses that coolness. Makoto was unique with her bike as she would ride it while casting spell, no such thing with her evolved persona.

nOoblet16

I'm early November and I'm 43. I'm guessing that people did some hardcore grinding to hit the high levels.

You two should go farm reaper 2-3 times during flu season

Top Bottom