• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Opa-Pa

I kinda wish Lala Escargot was a more prominent character. It's not often you see this type of character done this surprisingly well in a game like this.

I'm honestly in disbelief that the game hasn't done anything shitty with her yet, actually. I'm glad, Lala-chan is great.

Rurunaki

I kinda wish Lala Escargot was a more prominent character. It's not often you see this type of character done this surprisingly well in a game like this.

I love Lala chan.. I wish I can find a bar that would have a Lala chan-esque manager.

Guess Who

Banned
I'd be fine with him if (September spoilers)
he actually apologized to Morgana, but when they went to apologize, he was a giant dick to him all over again.

In fairness,
Morgana was also a dick to Ryuji ever since the start of the game, which I personally found super uncool because I liked early-game Ryuji a lot.
That whole story arc also felt really forced and dumb.

I love Lala and I regret that I didn't go to work at the bar even once in my first playthrough. I think Lala and Ohya together make a pretty good duo too.

Zolo

I'd be fine with him if (September spoilers)
he actually apologized to Morgana, but when they went to apologize, he was a giant dick to him all over again.

I didn't find Ryuji that much in the wrong. Morgana shat on Ryuji all the time, and Ryuji would usually return fire. The main difference around that time was Morgana becoming insecure about wondering if he's human and feeling more useless with Futaba in the group.

Recall

Ok I don't understand how to progress the confidants. Can I get a little help?

I get 4 messages all saying people want to hang out with me but when I talk to them it says my bond can't grow deeper.

On the map if I select a hang out spot it says it's a place I can go if I brought someone with me.

I'm on 6/26. Confidant "Death"
Tae
is sat at Rank 4. How do I push it higher? How do I push this higher? I have the right persona with me but it just won't increase :/

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
In fairness,
Morgana was also a dick to Ryuji ever since the start of the game, which I personally found super uncool because I liked early-game Ryuji a lot.

Yeah that's fair, I suppose, but
Ryuji never really seemed all that bothered about it. There's a difference between him yelling about something Morgana had said, and Morgana going into a spiral and running away from the group because he thinks he's useless.

Though I did dunk on Ryuji whenever that was a dialogue option, too. So I get it.

I didn't find Ryuji that much in the wrong. Morgana shat on Ryuji all the time, and Ryuji would usually return fire. The main difference around that time was Morgana becoming insecure about wondering if he's human and feeling more useless with Futaba in the group.

Right, picking on Ryuji
just seemed mostly benign if not a little too often, but it clearly bothered Morgana, who was at a real low point personally, and Ryuji just kept digging into him.

Opa-Pa

By the way (end of 4th palace spoiler)
why exactly does the 4th palace trophy calls it "palace of wrath"?... How does wrath even relate to Futaba? I mean okay I'm sure she's angry at her mother's murder, but even her calling card associated her with sloth instead.

In fairness,

I agree, I love the story but that part is probably the overall low point of it, thought the writers could of came up with something better.

Thud

I think there was one line with Ohya where she says you're a phantom thief and then you could pick Lala to respond.

Credits are rolling now, playtime was 117:56. Wow what an experience. Game was freaking amazing. As it stands not only is it my GOTY but also my GOTG. And I don't say this lightly because this year especially was really strong game wise but persona 5 takes the cake for me. Totally worth all of the praise. I can't even remember the last time a game was able to engross me so much. For the past 2 weeks I've been completely addicted to this game and haven't done anything but play it.

I still can't believe my playtime as it honestly didn't feel anywhere near that long. That's a testament to how great this game was. For the first 70 or so hours the game was literally flawless and was probably the closet thing to a perfect game I've ever played. Unfortunately after that point some of it's flaws really began to settle in but the game was still immensely enjoyable regardless. I'm actually glad that Hashino and co. are moving on because they've honestly perfected the formal here and I don't know what else they could really add.

Guess Who

Banned
Ok I don't understand how to progress the confidants. Can I get a little help?

I get 4 messages all saying people want to hang out with me but when I talk to them it says my bond can't grow deeper.

On the map if I select a hang out spot it says it's a place I can go if I brought someone with me.

I'm on 6/26. Confidant "Death"
Tae
is sat at Rank 4. How do I push it higher? How do I push this higher? I have the right persona with me but it just won't increase :/

Reposting my explanation from OT1:

Social links/confidants essentially work on a "point" system. You know how, when you say certain things when you hang out with them, 1-3 music notes will appear over their head? The number of music notes you see corresponds to "points", which is what gates the next rank. If you don't have enough points to get to the next rank, that's when you'll be told you don't feel like you'll get closer to them soon. Certain responses during their events will get you more points, having a Persona of the same arcana will get you more points, and sometimes story events in the main story will get you a few points as well. If you don't have enough points, you need to hang out with them to get more until you have enough for another rank up.

Guess Who

Banned
So even if it says the bond won't grow deeper it isn't an excuse to not hang out with them because in doing so increases the likelihood I'll have more points to possibly deepen the bond next time?

Ok thank you :)

Exactly. Hanging out with them when it says it won't grow stronger yet will get you points towards the next rank.

By the way (end of 4th palace spoiler)
why exactly does the 4th palace trophy calls it "palace of wrath"?... How does wrath even relate to Futaba? I mean okay I'm sure she's angry at her mother's murder, but even her calling card associated her with sloth instead.

I think maybe the idea was that
she incorrectly saw her mother as wrathful.
It's a bit odd, regardless, as if that interpretation is correct,
dungeon 4 is carrying two sins.

Though there's actually another character I personally think is supposed to represent wrath. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess Who

Banned

Though there's actually another character I personally think is supposed to represent wrath. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Late November/December spoilers)
Shido
apparently represents
pride
, which is apparently used here as distinct from
"vanity", represented by Madarame.

Palace 6 calling card:
Akechi says I should wait. Should I ignore him and send it asap as usual?

You have to wait.

So I have Knowledge, Charm, Proficiency at 5, with Guts and Kindness at 4.

Is there any point to getting Guts and Kindness to 5?

Don't think I've encountered anything so far that requires those two stats at level 5.

Guess Who

Banned
So I have Knowledge, Charm, Proficiency at 5, with Guts and Kindness at 4.

Is there any point to getting Guts and Kindness to 5?

Don't think I've encountered anything so far that requires those two stats at level 5.

You need Kindness at 5 for
Sojiro's confidant story
. Not sure if you ever need Guts at 5.

Weiss

Banned
The unfortunate thing about Lala is that to me she's awesome, but she was just another joke to the dev team like the horny gay guys.

Goddamn USGamer put up an article about the Confidant's and the VERY FIRST ONE is a spoiler. At least I think it is, I didn't read it after seeing the name but ARG.

I'm at the
6th
Palace and almost done and NOW this happens?

Edit: Yes, they do say the list contains spoilers but I already have all the confidants unlocked and stupidly assumed it'd just talk about how rad
Hifumi
is.

Lala-chan is great.

As far as I'm concerned, the Devil confidant is both of them.

Related to confidants in general, I sure wish I had the ability to rewatch social link scenes that I've already seen in the game. I want to rewatch the romance scenes but I have to reload my
12/24
save to watch them again unless I look on youtube.

kiaaa

Either I'm underestimating how much these 2 SP Adhesive 3s are doing for me or Palace 4 was just way easier to one-shot than the other three so far. Maybe it's the shortest of the first 4 Palaces? 3 felt pretty long near the end.

I just walked into Palace 5. The music is terrible. Like if this game were made in 2004 on the PS2.

Also
Akechi confusedly walking up behind us and getting sucked into the Metaverse is hilarious, especially when I was CONVINCED he was the "black mask" mystery thief the whole time. Now I'm like..Duh, Haru?

Credits are rolling now, playtime was 117:56. Wow what an experience. Game was freaking amazing. As it stands not only is it my GOTY but also my GOTG. And I don't say this lightly because this year especially was really strong game wise but persona 5 takes the cake for me. Totally worth all of the praise. I can't even remember the last time a game was able to engross me so much. For the past 2 weeks I've been completely addicted to this game and haven't done anything but play it.

I still can't believe my playtime as it honestly didn't feel anywhere near that long. That's a testament to how great this game was. For the first 70 or so hours the game was literally flawless and was probably the closet thing to a perfect game I've ever played. Unfortunately after that point some of it's flaws really began to settle in but the game was still immensely enjoyable regardless. I'm actually glad that Hashino and co. are moving on because they've honestly perfected the formal here and I don't know what else they could really add.
Eh, I'm finding the first 50hrs to be pretty tedious and cheesy... I keep trucking along with the hope that things will get better. Am I making a mistake? Does it get worse?

Weiss

Banned
Yeah,
but you might have to keep the controller still, I'm not sure about that. And he doesn't have it the first time, you can run away (much easier with Star Level 9, or with a vanish ball) and then jump him again. Repeat until he has Despair.

I did this for like 15 floors in a row and went from level 65 to level 99.

Holy fuck I just leveled up seven times.

Opa-Pa

Though there's actually another character I personally think is supposed to represent wrath. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Aah that does make sense when you put it like that, yeah.

nOoblet16

Goddamn USGamer put up an article about the Confidant's and the VERY FIRST ONE is a spoiler. At least I think it is, I didn't read it after seeing the name but ARG.

I'm at the
6th
Palace and almost done and NOW this happens?

Edit: Yes, they do say the list contains spoilers but I already have all the confidants unlocked and stupidly assumed it'd just talk about how rad
Hifumi
is.
I saw the article, what's the spoiler ? That you have a confidant yet to be revealed ? Sure it's a spoiler if you never looked at the title screen or your box art.

I just walked into Palace 5. The music is terrible. Like if this game were made in 2004 on the PS2.

Also
Akechi confusedly walking up behind us and getting sucked into the Metaverse is hilarious, especially when I was CONVINCED he was the "black mask" mystery thief the whole time. Now I'm like..Duh, Haru?

A few things in the game seem like relics from the ps2 era, tbh.

Opa-Pa

I'm glad I had been light-spoiled on that early on because I thought it was going to be something minor when I clicked and otherwise I'd be pretty pissed lol. Still, looking forward to seeing it be revealed in game...

Also, I don't know what it is but I can't stand the SIU director's english voice.

Guess Who

Banned
You should describe that spoiler as major end game spoiler btw. Anyways it says absolutely nothing about that from what I see, this is all it says:

The Fool: Igor
This Arcana will level up automatically as you progress through the story.

I think you're looking at the wrong US Gamer article. The poster is talking about (again, beware huge endgame spoiler) this one on their front page right now.

raveking

Banned
This is definitely my GOTY for 2017. It's lived up to the hype and more for me which was what FFXV was supposed to be considering I remember I was still in middle school when it was announced. I still have to play Yakuza 0, Nier, and Horizon but as it stands right now...Persona is just too fucking good...

Top Bottom