• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Jiraiza

I didn't mean it in a mean way. I thought you were doing something that I was missing out on. I also have an Izanagi for no reason. (Looks cool)

I'm basically just focusing Izanagi and Arsene in different directions, pretty much. You can control how their stat increases through the Gallows functionality in the Velvet Room. Inheritance from Gallows and skill cards help with building the moveset you want for each Persona, too.

Weiss

Banned
Haru's
Ultimate Persona is garbage looking.

They've all generally been downgrades, if still alright, but this one is just awful.

I understand the feels. Replace Futaba with Hifumi though.

It's all because Makoto's Confidant suuuuuucks and is so dissatisfying. It doesn't even come close to living up to her excellence as a character in the main narrative.

I wouldn't have doubts if there were a better focus on Joker and Makoto's relationship throughout the Confidant and if it were as sweet and romantic as Futaba's is in the end.

I haven't reached that point just yet in Hifumi's so I don't even know what I'm in for.

Aeana

Empress rank 4 confidant spoilers

I cannot believe I am watching a conversation about poop coffee
and now she wants Mona's poop

I'm basically just focusing Izanagi and Arsene in different directions, pretty much. You can control how their stat increases through the Gallows functionality in the Velvet Room. Inheritance from Gallows and skill cards help with building the moveset you want for each Persona, too.
I see. I was trying to save skill cards for late-end game personas. I haven't put much thought into what moveset I want each persona to have besides having a healer and buff/debuff and cover basic elements.

11/20:
I love how Atlus can change a character portrait so much with a change of lighting and a smug expression. Same happened with the Persona 4 culprit.

A.J.

Banned
It's all because Makoto's Confidant suuuuuucks and is so dissatisfying. It doesn't even come close to living up to her excellence as a character in the main narrative.

I wouldn't have doubts if there were a better focus on Joker and Makoto's relationship throughout the Confidant and if it were as sweet and romantic as Futaba's is in the end.

I haven't reached that point just yet in Hifumi's so I don't even know what I'm in for.
I think it's important to note for Makoto's confidant that she is someone who helps other people so it makes sense for hers to focus on that.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The Phan-site is like GAF for some reason.

Ulong

Persona 4 golden question: How forgiving is maxing all the social links on a new game + playthrough? Like, I can go in without careful planning and without cheating the correct answer to social link dialogues and still get through pretty well as long as I remember the important things like planning around the fox's social link and stuff right?

I didn't bother with guns at first, but doing the Tower confidant made me go all
ALF174E.gif

rando14

11/20:
I love how Atlus can change a character portrait so much with a change of lighting and a smug expression. Same happened with the Persona 4 culprit.

YES!!
This is one of my favorite things in Persona, loved how they did it in P4 and again in P5. I love how they turn happy-looking characters into psychotic looking villains

Recall

Right I'm just going to save and turn it off, as it's late..

I wonder what happens after I sleep. Let me quickly check.

3 hours have passed.

I love this game :)

danm999

Ok, early December;

All Confidants maxed except Igor, Morgana and Akechi which I assume are story tied, all stats at 5, 67% of Personas fused, all books read, I think I just gotta catch the Guardian and finish a few more video games and I can platinum this one in one play through. I can probably save scum those last two as well after I have the achievement.

Jiraiza

Hermit, Rank 4:

Now this is how Social Links should be. It was nice to see Makoto show up at school, and even Sojiro is involved somehow. This is quality stuff.

Doing better than me. I'm in November with only Knowledge and charm at 5. Rest at 4.

Cool, guess I'll be maxed out by then.

I can see why people wouldn't want to romance Futaba, she's like the ultimate adorable little sister. Imouto-zoned!

Wow, rude.

My pairings according to story events:

Ann < >
Ryuji
Futaba < >
Yusuke
Makoto < >
The MC
Haru < >
Morgana

Empress rank 4 confidant spoilers

I cannot believe I am watching a conversation about poop coffee
and now she wants Mona's poop

I didn't get to finish that confidant but I love that Empress seems to roll with every dumb joke you make, including when you
are enthusiastic about the idea of feeding Mona coffee beans

Ok, early December;

All Confidants maxed except Igor, Morgana and Akechi which I assume are story tied, all stats at 5, 67% of Personas fused, all books read, I think I just gotta catch the Guardian and finish a few more video games and I can platinum this one in one play through. I can probably save scum those last two as well after I have the achievement.

Nope. 2 trophies are NG+ only.
Need to fuse Satanael and beat the Velvet Twins.

grumble

Persona 4 golden question: How forgiving is maxing all the social links on a new game + playthrough? Like, I can go in without careful planning and without cheating the correct answer to social link dialogues and still get through pretty well as long as I remember the important things like planning around the fox's social link and stuff right?

Maxing is unforgiving. You'd need a guide. Getting pretty far in a bunch and being able to progress comfortably is more plausible.

Jiraiza

My pairings according to story events:

Ann < >
Ryuji
Futaba < >
Yusuke
Makoto < >
The MC
Haru < >
Morgana

I absolutely agree. Though I'm not so sure about the last one yet, but they
definitely hit it off pretty well when Haru got introduced.
God, the wasted potential if their SLs were all related to each other somehow, like, if the MC was a wingman in their respective SLs or something.

Top Bottom