• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Opa-Pa

Hanging out with Makoto and finally ranking up again, which required me to max charm, is said to improve my charm! How convenient!

Guess Who

Banned
Is there a way to check what stat you need when confidants are grayed out? I forget what I needed for the
doctor
after rank 7 for example.

If theres no way in game guess I'll just check a guide.

If you talk to them and ask to hang out, it'll tell you what stat you need.

I don't know how but I managed to secure the route to the third dungeon treasure in one day (without using SP recovery accesories), I ended up with no HP or SP left for any of the party members lol It was long as hell, the struggle was real

I swear this is the most difficult dungeon for me. I don't understand the complaints with palace 5, the monsters were all easy. Unlike palace 3 where you have that monster that has the instant kill and no weakness.

Just spam ailments at them.

Actually whenever you find enemies without weakness just do that. Works most of the time because they seem to be extra susceptible.

Skull Cracker is good for this as it can inflict confusion and has a chance for a critical, being a physical skill.

There's a reason for it.

Dunno if you'll have it but there is a moment of catharsis for me in regards to that.
I'm at the very very beginning of the
5th
palace and
the phantoms are already starting to doubt themselves but Ryuji is still going on about it. Hopefully someone will shut him up soon.

I'm worried about something though, and I wonder if I'm supposed to feel this way. Outside of
Futaba
and having a tiny motivation towards
finding her mother's killer
, I don't care about anyone in this game. I dislike Ann, I completely hate Ryuji, Yusuke and Makoto are fine but I don't really care about them either and Morgana is just... there.

And when I say I don't care, I really mean it. Like you could literally kill off Ryuji or Ann and my reaction would be, "good riddance". Am I suppose to feel this way? Do you guys think the game and its characters could win me over later on or am I just not gonna enjoy the rest of this story?

Hanging out with Makoto and finally ranking up again, which required me to max charm, is said to improve my charm! How convenient!

Pretty sure Makoto's link doesn't improve charm

That said, Sojiro's social link gives kindness, but requires max kindness after a point. It also continues to give kindness after that point, despite it being worthless since you've already maxed the stat to get there

silva1991

I named my group Lumen Sages, because when I think of masks I thing of one of my favorite boss fights this gen

The Masked Lumen

zlCfzRNpHpQHIsz2kZ

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Phantom Thief designs make me want the next Persona game to feature Tokusatsu heroes. Or something like Captain Harlock style designs.

harlock.jpg

Guess Who

Banned
Does anyone know what the name of the song that plays when (maxing out a party member's confidant)
your party members' second Personas awaken
is?

Opa-Pa

Pretty sure Makoto's link doesn't improve charm

That said, Sojiro's social link gives kindness, but requires max kindness after a point. It also continues to give kindness after that point, despite it being worthless since you've already maxed the stat to get there

Sorry, I meant to say that the game told me the actual event it asked me to max charm for would give me points on charm lol.

Did hama/mudo get an accuracy nerf I'm 3 palaces in and I've never been able to land a hit with it nor have the enemies gotten a free kill with it.

Fourth Palace song is my favorite so far.
Not that far yet.. but I'll be anticipating it now!

Definitively my favorite so far, is called layer cake BTW in case you want to listen to it on repeat like me lol. https://youtu.be/IwPZWVEDZxk

Omg thank you, yes! Any links to where I can buy?

And who do you guys think is the best dressed character in the game? I'm not far at all and only have the main 4. The MC has a nice casual flair, Ann's style is very dope and Ryuji stay fly!

Ydelnae

Fucking Ann is the only confidant left I need to max (she's rank 9 at the moment) and I've been rushing 6 days in a row and she just doesn't show up.

If I complete the 7th palace, will she show up? I hate her. If I can't max every confidant because of her, I swear... lol

kiaaa

And who do you guys think is the best dressed character in the game? I'm not far at all and only have the main 4. The MC has a nice casual flair, Ann's style is very dope and Ryuji stay fly!

Ryugi's can seem a bit childish but that's mostly because of the graphics and his terrible posture. Yusuke and MC are usually dressed pretty nicely, though.

Jiraiza

I'm turning Izanagi into my Physical monster while I change directions with Arsene and turn him into a Magic monster. Sort of wish I could start over on my Arsene, though. Izanagi da best (aside from being overpriced as fuck).

TheFatMan

I swear this is the most difficult dungeon for me. I don't understand the complaints with palace 5, the monsters were all easy. Unlike palace 3 where you have that monster that has the instant kill and no weakness.

I just finished the 3rd palace and it took me 2 days. I hated all the damn enemies that had no weaknesses....I used so much SP doing this thing. I wasted the 2nd palace easy peasy too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you talk to them and ask to hang out, it'll tell you what stat you need.

I tried that with the
doctor
but all I could do was buy, I guess she wasnt available for SLing that day.

Thud

Fucking Ann is the only confidant left I need to max (she's rank 9 at the moment) and I've been rushing 6 days in a row and she just doesn't show up.

If I complete the 7th palace, will she show up? I hate her. If I can't max every confidant because of her, I swear... lol

Yep, she'll be available after you do that one.

Ydelnae

After managing my time efficiently, I only got 4 confidants to max before the last deadline so I felt dumb just wasting the time at the gym. I wonder if the training will carry over to NG+, otherwise, it's pretty much useless.

Yep, she'll be available after you do that one.

Thank god.

To be honest, the seven deadly sins seemed tacked on (a lot of the dungeons very tangentially dealt with these sins and most ended up being greed in the end anyway).

I can't agree with this at all!

The reason Greed ends up overlapping a lot of them is a) how basic the desire for control is to the human condition and sense of safety, and b) because the major theme of the game is rebellion against unjust power structures who exert that control, so there's always going to be an element of power/greed involved with the corrupt authority figures. I thought Lust, Vanity, Sloth, Greed, Wrath, and Pride were all well represented by their dungeons (or elsewhere, in Wrath's case), with Gluttony being a bit more nebulous (or perhaps just bland), and Envy being more abstract and harder to pin down, but still ultimately correct in that Sae lost sight of pursuing true justice because she was envious of the Phantom Thieves' popularity and success versus her trying to work within the system and not getting the same results.

And then they're all wrapped up brilliantly by the purpose they serve in the final boss battle.

I loved his AOA finisher, though. It was so over the top. Interestingly enough, his weapon description says it's a toy meant for small children, too.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I didn't even catch that; that's fucking perfect.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't agree with this at all!

The reason Greed ends up overlapping a lot of them is a) how basic the desire for control is to the human condition and sense of safety, and b) because the major theme of the game is rebellion against unjust power structures who exert that control, so there's always going to be an element of power/greed involved with the corrupt authority figures. I thought Lust, Vanity, Sloth, Greed, Wrath, and Pride were all well represented by their dungeons (or elsewhere, in Wrath's case), with Gluttony being a bit more nebulous (or perhaps just bland), and Envy being more abstract and harder to pin down, but still ultimately correct in that Sae lost sight of pursuing true justice because she was envious of the Phantom Thieves' popularity and success versus her trying to work within the system and not getting the same results.

And then they're all wrapped up brilliantly by the purpose they serve in the final boss battle.
Gluttony and Envy fell completely flat to me, so maybe I'm letting those two color my perception of the whole. Sae didn't really seem envious to me. Although your description makes sense, it's not really touched upon in the game. Her anger and twisted desire for justice stand out way more than jealously of an easy life. I mean, like I said, the connection is there, but it doesn't stand out, certainly not as a representative of the deadly sin. Kamoshida = lust and Shido = pride were definitely executed well. Madarame as vanity makes sense too.

Ourobolus

Banned
Final dungeon (early):

Started the final dungeon at Lv 62. This'll be fun, according to the Thieves' Guild. Gained 3 levels on the way to the first safe room, lol.

SolVanderlyn

Y'all ready for a

mW5XFWV.jpg

What affects lotto results? Is it purely random? Just got 100,000 from a 3,000 ticket ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Now should I spend it to start Fortune or should I buy 2 SP Regen accessory instead? (I'm at early July)

Trago

As much as I'm loving this game, I've got this constant thought in the back of my mind of what Hashino could be doing outside of Persona. I know there's his new fantasy RPG we'll be getting, but I think Persona should go to a new director next time around. Like, we already have the formula down to a tee right? I want to see him flex his muscles into something brand new. Don't get me wrong, this game is amazing. And I'm not knocking him for doing Persona and SMT for over a decade. I'm just saying that having him move on would be for the better I think, which is why I'm hotly anticipating his fantasy RPG.

gun_haver

Mmm...getting pretty burnt out now. Might be time to take a break from the game, no rush to complete it, after all.

Spoilers up to 9/6

So I'm just about to go on the trip to Hawaii. Kind of feels like nothing is happening? Futaba is a cool character but there isn't any conflict going on anywhere really, and the game just keeps nattering on about the phantom thieves which - from the start - has been the weakest part of the story for me. That whole concept, it's really vague and flim-flammy. What a flim-flam. And it's pretty much the whole story so obviously I'm not loving it.

Anyway, Makoto is still cool. I liked her stealing the info from her sister's laptop. She should be the main character.

I'm assuming the plot will reach another gear at some point because there hasn't really been ANY development on the zombie people stuff at all, nor on Sae Nijima, since the beginning of the game. I wish Akechi wasn't a character.

Another weird thing is since I'm in september and I know the game kind of ends in december, I feel like 'well what's the point in ranking up all these people? by the time i get the perks the game will finish.'. Like the Chihaya one - by the time I get her 'boost confidant' perk, I'll almost be finished with all the confidants!

Ah well. Like I said, just getting burned out. I played like 12 hours on the first day I got this, now I'm down to about 1 hour a day, 60 hours in overall. I'll give it a rest for a few days.

Gluttony and Envy fell completely flat to me, so maybe I'm letting those two color my perception of the whole. Sae didn't really seem envious to me. Although your description makes sense, it's not really touched upon in the game. Her anger and twisted desire for justice stand out way more than jealously of an easy life. I mean, like I said, the connection is there, but it doesn't stand out, certainly not as a representative of the deadly sin. Kamoshida = lust and Shido = pride were definitely executed well. Madarame as vanity makes sense too.

Gluttony
is definitely the flattest and least interesting.

I didn't mean she's envious of an easy life, exactly, just that she's trying to do things "correctly" and it isn't working, versus this group of vigilantes who are actually getting shit done by flaunting all the rules. For Sae it's important to keep in mind that jealousy heavily overlaps with resentment, which she held in abundance.

That said, I had to extrapolate more to get there than I should have, so it's absolutely a weaker representation than it should have been.

StoneFox

Oh my god.

I got stuck on geometry in the fourth palace, causing the MC to float in mid-air. I could not interact with anything and at first I thought it was just a puzzle lol. If I didn't have a Goho-M I literally would have had to reset my game to fix it.

Note to self, always keep a Goho-M in my bag to avoid bugs...

Which Personas should I definitely try to fuse? I think that's the mechanic I struggle the most with in Persona

Just try to make sure that your persona roster covers all elemental damage as well heavy physical hitters. Personas who block physical attack is really helpful as well like shiki ouji.

Guys, not dating Futaba feels impossible with how sweet her Confidant is but I'm already dating Makotoooooo. I need to stay strong or I'll break both their hearts.

Top Bottom